True GRIT Protein Reviews

25g Of Scientifically Dosed Protein To Support Building Muscle

YouMadOrMirin's Rating

This protein has 140 calories, 25 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 2 grams of sugar. It also has no nitrogen spiking which means Im getting everything the label promises. This is ideal for a shake any time of day. I like the fact it has 4 grams of carbs because I take shakes sometimes during the day because my job sometimes doesn't allow for food breaks. I would definitely recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a quality protein.

tjburnett's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I have used tons of different protein powders. I loved the concept of this one. I also love the bran True Grit. Have used many of their products and loved them all. That being said...this protein was the worst thing I have ever tasted. It is almost as if you can taste the chemical change that they have done. I do not drink protein for the taste but am not able to even choke this one down. Had a friend tried it and she thought the same. Again I love true Grit and the concept, but I would stay away until they better the flavor.

kornflake7's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I was lucky enough to be able to try out a 2lb bag of this protein and I have to say this was delicious not as chocolate as I thought but you may have to play with the milk amount, taste great even in water which is a huge plus when I can't get to my milk at home. Best of all is no prop blends, has a 50% mix of micellar whey. Gives you a little bit of a slower breakdown of protein so perfect for in the mornings of between meals to keep you full. Overall a great protein at a great price!

parkerrd25's Rating

Great protein!! Ive tried all four and they are all very good, especially the Vanilla Ice Cream! This stuff mixes pretty much instantly, which is great as far as no chunks, foaming like you get with a lot of other proteins. Ive used the Chocolate for pancakes and it bakes well too. Im gonna try the vanilla with some cupcakes soon. I also like the Micellar concept...being slow and fast digesting proteins. Id definitely recommend Treu Grit to anyone and will be buying more very soon, most likely when they have it on special...which they actually always seem to be having specials :D

cooley20's Rating

Liking it thus far. Woke up solid as phuck after my chest day (seriously thick). The gains looked permanent after 1 day with this as my other protein source outside of solid food. Curbs appetite throughout the day if needed through steady amino stream. Went without eating by accident from 7am to 3:30pm one day without hunger pangs. On keto, so I tend to mix these with coconut milk for added fat content = Acceptably Tasty. Vanilla > Chocolate > Strawberry (saccharin aftertastes)

Jdot5's Rating
Strawberry Cream

I was fortunate to win a 4lb on the forum side here. The ingredient profile was outstanding. 25g of protein, 4g of carbs and 2 g of fat. Also it has micellar whey and whey protein isolate which makes it versatile to use for anytime of day. It mixes in fairly easy with milk (no clumps or anything). The strawberry cream flavor reminded me of the cream savers candy. It was delicious to the last drop. Id recommend to everyone and will definitely get again. True Grit Vanilla Ice Cream Protein is one I would recommend to anyone. It taste well, mixes fairly easy, and takes care of satiety. The flavor reminds me of a sweeter version of vanilla ice cream. Each scoop has 25g, 4g of carbs, and 2g making it easy to fit anyones macros. It taste good in milk, oats, and making protein pancakes.

dk5bdubs's Rating

I really love the 50/50 ratio of fast & slow-release protein from True Grit as I think this is perfect for what I'm looking for. That mix makes this such a versatile powder for me that I am using both before and after my workouts. The product is pretty light and mixes in really well with water. The flavoring was dead on and tasted great. Overall, this is a protein powder that I continue to go back to because of how well it has worked for me.

daveherr13's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

True Grit Chocolate Milkshake Protein rocks!! i used it in both 2% milk and water...either way the product mixed well with just the tiniest bit of clumping in the milk. the flavor was quite tasty with Milk Chocolate being the predominant flavor. i loved the thicker, richer texture achieved when mixed with milk. the formulation of True Grit Protein is outstanding. with the addition of Micellar Whey to Whey Isolates and Concentrates, gives you the advantages of both fast and slow release proteins...feeding your muscles for an extended period of time. 25 grams of protein and 140 calories per serving fall right into my preferred macro range. True Grit Protein is a quality product and its easy to see that its being produced by a company that cares about its brand. recommending this product is a no-brainer!

louie0939's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

this is an outstanding protein, both in formulation and flavor! 140 calories and 25 big grams of blended protein in a low carb and sugar mixt is perfect for my needs, the Chocolate Milkshake flavor is simply delicious and mixes up easily and completely with zero residue or clumping. being a non-prop formulation means you know exactly what youre putting into your body. just a super solid protein that should be on everyones "must try" list

callmemar's Rating

it was great i loved it

MPLJR1222's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

What an awesome protein! I was lucky enough to get a 2 pound bag of the chocolate milkshake flavor to try out. This protein has an excellent list of ingredients, with 25 grams of protein, 50% of that being micellar whey, and absolutely no fillers. Any protein with no fillers or garbage is definitely a plus, and this protein is definitely is of the best quality. It mixed perfectly with milk, and the chocolate milkshake flavor is one of the best i've ever had! Would highly recommend this protein! I've gotten to try out the Cookies & Cream flavor and it was amazing! Definitely did not disappoint! The flavor is great with milk, tastes exactly like a cookies and cream hershey bar. I absolutely love this flavor. Mixability was great with this flavor as well, both in water and milk. I highly recommend both of these great flavors, and can't wait to try out the other 2 flavors as I know they will live up to the great taste of the two I've tried!! I've also gotten a chance to finally try the vanilla flavor and its just as good as the other two that I've tried! This is by far one of the best all around proteins that I've had the chance to use!

kizmvp's Rating

Very Clean tasting protein. I never feel bloated after which is a plus. Love this brand.

kbrahmbhatt93's Rating
Strawberry Cream

Reading everything about this product and the brand made me really excited to try this product especially with the half whey half micellar whey blend. You can tell the protein sources are very clean as the powder is very fine. It's not the cleanest protein (25g protein in a 35g serve) which lead me to think that the rest would be flavors which generally means they have spent a lot of effort to ensure the product tastes good while sacrificing it's profile a little. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE, it smells like chemicals almost when you open the bag, the taste initially is bearable but then you're hit with an EXTREMELY bitter taste. I tried to just suck it back but it's so bitter I will be returning. Very disappointed.

randyman38901's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I've tried so many protein products over the years, some good, some not so good. This brand came highly recommended awhile ago, so I gave it a try. Love everything about it! I've re-ordered a couple times and will continue to use True Grit as long as I work out. At 61 years of age, I figure I've only got about 40 more good years left!

JoeTinpan's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I am one of the first few verified buyer ratings, so this is a firsthand account. I have had this protein for 2 days in a row, and I can honestly say the taste is actually pretty good. Someone else mentioned that it tastes like a cocoa milkshake, and I would have to agree. I mixed it with about 16 oz. of water about 30 minutes before bed (wanted to try it like a casein) and it mixed very well and tasted pretty good. For those that are looking for a fantastic flavor, you're basically looking for a bunch of sugar or chemical sweeteners. This is PROTEIN, its not supposed to taste like a candy bar or an actual milkshake. Price: I bought it on sale to where it came to 84 cents a serving which isn't too bad at 3.3 cents per gram of protein, especially when it's quality protein. Yes, I understand not everyone averages the money out like I do, but every little bit counts in my world....especially when consuming over 100 grams a day between food and shakes. UPON FURTHER REVIEW: Mix a scoop of the Chocolate Milkshake and a scoop of the Vanilla Ice Cream for a "black n white" In N Out style shake! You're welcome!!!

JCFLASH's Rating

I haven't tried my product yet so this review is strictly based on the C.S. of BB site. I placed my order literally 20 hours ago and JUST received a message that my True Grit protein powder arrived at my door! I buy a ton of products online and this is a new first! So hats off for the amazingly fast shipping! Can't wait to get home and try the product. Thanks Bodybuilding.com for the unbelievably fast service! JC

Blake2732's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

It is good without a doubt! It's not the most overwhelming chocolate flavor, and I like ALOT of flavor, but the flavor is good and it's by no means bland or flavorless! I think it's got the chocolate milkshake flavor as a good description because it is not overly chocolatey, but has a creamy flavor to it! I have trouble thinking of what it reminds me of, but I think of a Wendy's Frosty or something of that nature... really good! For the Vanilla, I was pleasantly surprised as well... Are they trying to copy the Wendy's Frosty because this really reminding me of a vanilla frostry or soft serve cone flavor. Similar to the chocolate the flavor wasn't overwhelming, but 6-10 ounces of liquid and you are in for a treat! This is a great product, being a new product I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I really like the blend of 50% Micellar - 50% whey that makes it the perfect protein for anytime of the day! Really enjoyed it, and see a lot of potential for this product and this company in the future! Can't wait too see it happen!

Squid24's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

Chocolate Milkshake - I gave it an overall 9 due to the fact of all the beneficial stuff in it. But flavor, I had to give it an 8. I was really looking for that Chocolate flavor and it just did not hit me like I was hoping for. Will try mixing with frozen fruit and see how they mix together :) Vanilla Ice Cream - Flavor - 8.5/10. Not Vanilla Bean Ice Cream good, but Wal-Mart Brand good...lol. I actually liked it. Mixability - 10/10. I used a blender..lol. No residue, so we is cool

stal1234's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I have found this protein to keep my very full. Must have to do with the micellar whey slowly digesting. I have been doing about 1.5-2 scoops per serving since it is not all digesting at once. It seems to have decreased my DOMS. As far as the taste goes, I do not enjoy this one very much. It is bearable just not very good. I had the cookies cream and while it is not the worst tasting protein I have had, it is definitely one of the worst cookies and cream I have had. I will most likely repurchase the product due to the Micellar whey being included.

tazman5518's Rating

I really enjoyed this protein, I am usually not a huge fan of vanilla but this vanilla has to be my favorite. It have a solid profile with only 4g of carbs. I would recommend giving it a try and seeing if you like it as much as I did.