True GRIT Protein Reviews

25g Of Scientifically Dosed Protein To Support Building Muscle

LadyLore420's Rating
Strawberry Cream

This protein has all the great benefits you want in a protein. It has a large volume serving which indicates high quality protein. Micellar Whey slows amino acid absorption and thus maintains hyperaminoacidosis over a longer window for superior muscle recovery. It is great that the company focuses on leucine content, the only amino acid proven to directly act on skeletal muscles. The price point is decent with it being just over $1 a serving(which is great for a small company). It uses natural coloring and natural flavors. This protein has a lot of citric acid, definitely enough to taste. I'm not sure if it is for increasing protein absorption in the short window of protein digestion or to boost the strawberry flavor? Maybe both. It gives this protein an adverse after taste. It is forgivable I think because of how crucial acid is for protein absorption. This protein mixes up exceptionally well with zero chunkiness. The company that produces this protein is made up of fitness professionals and enthusiasts who are standing beside their work after decades of developing preferences for what works and what doesn't. They stand in contrast to an industry dominated by companies run by professionals who haven't spent any time in the bodybuilding lifestyle. It's good to support these start ups and I hope to see more products from True Grit.

dsteen9's Rating

Buyer beware: Although the macro profile is strong, the taste is nothing short of horrendous. I, like most gym members, buy protein for the benefits rather than taste. However, if you do purchase True Grit protein, be prepared to plug your nose to block any and all taste receptors as you chug your remorseful and borderline heavy metal, shake. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. I found a deal and purchased 12 pounds. I can't remember regretting a decision this badly since entertaining the idea of Donald Trump pre-election. I currently have 3 flavors (chocolate, strawberry and cookies and cream) and all are undrinkable. Cheers to that...

mrdead's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

Very nice no nonsense product! Mixes easily via blender, fork, or shaker bottle. Definitely a go to foundational supplement!

12ccopeland's Rating

Very thankful to have been able to try True GRIT Protein because of the generosity of the company. Unfortunately the protein reminds me a lot of ON Whey where it's just kind of chalky almost, with the flavor of protein itself overpowering the actual flavor of the product. I went with the cookies and cream for my option, and I think True Grit just missed the flavor by a hair, making it more heavy on the vanilla rather than a lighter cream. In the end, this is a fine protein to add into the mix everyday, but it's not a shake I'm overeager to drink like some others. Thanks again, True GRIT!

necrologic's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

Mixes amazingly in water. Some clumpage in milk but subtle. Almost no aftertaste. Texture is very smooth unlike the name haha. Grab it while it's on sale!

LaughingStorm's Rating

Received a bag of the Vanilla Ice Cream due to a promo from a really great company representative. Macros and nutritional information look solid as well as the ingredients. Mixed two scoops with water in my shaker cup (my preferred method of ingestion). Product blended smoothly without foaming up in only a few seconds. Taste was really good, like a sweet vanilla milkshake. Also had a very smooth texture going down, despite being called True Grit ;)

bucsdodgers's Rating

The protein mixes very well. The taste isnt bad but could be more chocolatey with less bitter taste. Does make a decent mid day snack if you find the right recipe.

dhoover's Rating
Strawberry Cream

STRAWBERRY CREAM - Horrible taste. 2/10. It is very metallic. VANILLA ICE CREAM - Worst tasting protein powder I have ever had (and I have had around 100 different brands and flavors). 1/10. Tastes extremely metallic. Pros: micellar whey is an innovating protein with potential and macros are good.

YouMadOrMirin's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

This protein has 140 calories, 25 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 2 grams of sugar. It also has no nitrogen spiking which means Im getting everything the label promises. This is ideal for a shake any time of day. I like the fact it has 4 grams of carbs because I take shakes sometimes during the day because my job sometimes doesn't allow for food breaks. I would definitely recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a quality protein.

tjburnett's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I have used tons of different protein powders. I loved the concept of this one. I also love the bran True Grit. Have used many of their products and loved them all. That being said...this protein was the worst thing I have ever tasted. It is almost as if you can taste the chemical change that they have done. I do not drink protein for the taste but am not able to even choke this one down. Had a friend tried it and she thought the same. Again I love true Grit and the concept, but I would stay away until they better the flavor.

kornflake7's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I was lucky enough to be able to try out a 2lb bag of this protein and I have to say this was delicious not as chocolate as I thought but you may have to play with the milk amount, taste great even in water which is a huge plus when I can't get to my milk at home. Best of all is no prop blends, has a 50% mix of micellar whey. Gives you a little bit of a slower breakdown of protein so perfect for in the mornings of between meals to keep you full. Overall a great protein at a great price!

parkerrd25's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

Great protein!! Ive tried all four and they are all very good, especially the Vanilla Ice Cream! This stuff mixes pretty much instantly, which is great as far as no chunks, foaming like you get with a lot of other proteins. Ive used the Chocolate for pancakes and it bakes well too. Im gonna try the vanilla with some cupcakes soon. I also like the Micellar concept...being slow and fast digesting proteins. Id definitely recommend Treu Grit to anyone and will be buying more very soon, most likely when they have it on special...which they actually always seem to be having specials :D

cooley20's Rating

Liking it thus far. Woke up solid as phuck after my chest day (seriously thick). The gains looked permanent after 1 day with this as my other protein source outside of solid food. Curbs appetite throughout the day if needed through steady amino stream. Went without eating by accident from 7am to 3:30pm one day without hunger pangs. On keto, so I tend to mix these with coconut milk for added fat content = Acceptably Tasty. Vanilla > Chocolate > Strawberry (saccharin aftertastes)

Jdot5's Rating
Strawberry Cream

I was fortunate to win a 4lb on the forum side here. The ingredient profile was outstanding. 25g of protein, 4g of carbs and 2 g of fat. Also it has micellar whey and whey protein isolate which makes it versatile to use for anytime of day. It mixes in fairly easy with milk (no clumps or anything). The strawberry cream flavor reminded me of the cream savers candy. It was delicious to the last drop. Id recommend to everyone and will definitely get again. True Grit Vanilla Ice Cream Protein is one I would recommend to anyone. It taste well, mixes fairly easy, and takes care of satiety. The flavor reminds me of a sweeter version of vanilla ice cream. Each scoop has 25g, 4g of carbs, and 2g making it easy to fit anyones macros. It taste good in milk, oats, and making protein pancakes.

dk5bdubs's Rating

I really love the 50/50 ratio of fast & slow-release protein from True Grit as I think this is perfect for what I'm looking for. That mix makes this such a versatile powder for me that I am using both before and after my workouts. The product is pretty light and mixes in really well with water. The flavoring was dead on and tasted great. Overall, this is a protein powder that I continue to go back to because of how well it has worked for me.

daveherr13's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

True Grit Chocolate Milkshake Protein rocks!! i used it in both 2% milk and water...either way the product mixed well with just the tiniest bit of clumping in the milk. the flavor was quite tasty with Milk Chocolate being the predominant flavor. i loved the thicker, richer texture achieved when mixed with milk. the formulation of True Grit Protein is outstanding. with the addition of Micellar Whey to Whey Isolates and Concentrates, gives you the advantages of both fast and slow release proteins...feeding your muscles for an extended period of time. 25 grams of protein and 140 calories per serving fall right into my preferred macro range. True Grit Protein is a quality product and its easy to see that its being produced by a company that cares about its brand. recommending this product is a no-brainer!

louie0939's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

this is an outstanding protein, both in formulation and flavor! 140 calories and 25 big grams of blended protein in a low carb and sugar mixt is perfect for my needs, the Chocolate Milkshake flavor is simply delicious and mixes up easily and completely with zero residue or clumping. being a non-prop formulation means you know exactly what youre putting into your body. just a super solid protein that should be on everyones "must try" list

callmemar's Rating

it was great i loved it

MPLJR1222's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

What an awesome protein! I was lucky enough to get a 2 pound bag of the chocolate milkshake flavor to try out. This protein has an excellent list of ingredients, with 25 grams of protein, 50% of that being micellar whey, and absolutely no fillers. Any protein with no fillers or garbage is definitely a plus, and this protein is definitely is of the best quality. It mixed perfectly with milk, and the chocolate milkshake flavor is one of the best i've ever had! Would highly recommend this protein! I've gotten to try out the Cookies & Cream flavor and it was amazing! Definitely did not disappoint! The flavor is great with milk, tastes exactly like a cookies and cream hershey bar. I absolutely love this flavor. Mixability was great with this flavor as well, both in water and milk. I highly recommend both of these great flavors, and can't wait to try out the other 2 flavors as I know they will live up to the great taste of the two I've tried!! I've also gotten a chance to finally try the vanilla flavor and its just as good as the other two that I've tried! This is by far one of the best all around proteins that I've had the chance to use!

kizmvp's Rating

Very Clean tasting protein. I never feel bloated after which is a plus. Love this brand.