Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout Reviews

Pink Lemonade
Pineapple - Exclusive!
Pineapple

ericareichard's Rating

I think this pre-workout is great! I feel energized and ready to lift a little more weight each trip to the gym. I tried fruit punch and overall it taste good. I will definitely be buying this product again just might pick a different flavor.

Kizzam's Rating
Watermelon

The best pre-work out I have found to date.

• kwc17
kwc17's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

kwc17 did not leave a written review for this product.

ealtenburg's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

This is an exceptional pre workout to start with, but it a little misleading. The nutrition label claims there is 750 mg of L-Citrulline meanwhile they are advertising 1.5g in one scoop and 3 in two scoops.

Lorna618's Rating
Watermelon

Terrific product. The taste is good with no horrid aftertaste. One scoop is usually all I need and it does not create stomach upset. Someone larger or wanting more of a kick could certainly increase it to two scoops.

jamrow40's Rating
Green Apple

Probably the best tasting pre-workout I have ever taken which shouldn't surprise me given that ON has typically been tops in that department. While the Blueberry lemonade has a very nice, smooth taste that goes down nicely, the green apple bursts with flavor and is literally like drinking a Jolly Rancher. Love them both and the boost is nice as well without too much of the face tingles...lol

kline11's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

Blueberry Lemonade is the best tasting of any supplement I've ever had. Love the amount of caffeine this packs as well as the creatine. Also the Beta-Alanine is at the right amount. Hardly any tingling just helps gives a boost to make you wanna go lift heavy *** weight!

Debbie0609's Rating
Pineapple
Green Apple

Super pre work out my 4:45 am go to!

gymlawd's Rating

Taste is okay, the pre workout effects itself are fairly average. Good enough focus boost, but no real "kick" to it that I have found from other pre workouts.

cemiltacir's Rating
Strawberry Lime

cemiltacir did not leave a written review for this product.

Dunehew13's Rating

I bought the 60 serving container. It's been about a month now and I'm almost done with it. It is not like C4 or Mr. Hyde which I have taken before. It doesn't hit you as hard. What I do like about it though is the fact that it doesn't wear off after the first hour. It is capable of giving enough energy to sustain you through your entire workout. For that reason alone it is perfect for me. It still gives you the beta hit but not too much. You shouldn't need to rely on a supplement to make you want to workout. And it seems like that is why people take C4 or other hard hitting pre workouts. This is definitely a pre workout that I will stick with. Also I found it at Costco for $30.00.

dballs09's Rating
Pineapple - Exclusive!

Best preworkout I have tried yet. I have tried a lot and this one has been my favorite. Great energy and pump.

I find this product really helpful. I take it before my workout in the morning and it gives me energy throughout the day. Green apple tastes great aswell. I take this without any water and I really enjoy the taste. Really good consistency and has thoroughly improved my workouts.

pavlove97's Rating
Green Apple

I would recommend it, just don't expect miracles. It's more about staying focused on what you're doing and you'll last longer in the GYM. I wouldn't say that I've experienced an explosive power and pump but it helps, definitely. If you're beginner, that's the thing for you, it will freak your muscles out.

runngunvideo's Rating

I didn't find the flavor to be too appealing. Does have a bit of an aftertaste. As for effectiveness, I have experimented with between 1 & 2 scoops with limited results. I'm halfway through the jar and I'm considering going back to my old pre-workout (JYM). I can take 2 scoops, and my ears will burn and tingle, though it wears off about 20 minutes into my workout. Who knows, maybe it's just me. It's not a bad product, I just don't find it to be a great product.

Rochford23's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

Flavor was decent though if you were expecting to receive a ton of energy and to be a monster at the gym the day you take it I would not recommend this product. I am pretty good at keeping my caffeine tolerance low so I would expect the 175 milligrams of caffeine should have affected me but sadly I was mistaken and I never received much of a boost I was expecting. Even taking multiple scoops will do little to help. This product also will not age well and it will quickly lose its powder form and morph into a big ball. If your looking for a good pre work out I would go for muscle pharms assault.

Ari3ll3's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

This is the first pre-workout I have taken that doesn't taste like a fitness drink. The Blueberry Lemonade is SOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!! I was ready to rock and roll and had an amazing back workout yesterday. I am sore this morning :) I pushed myself and stayed focused throughout the workout. I bought a 4 serving size to try out the product but I am ordering a 30 serving of this product today. My boyfriend also likes using it as well. So this is a good product for both men and women.

pictures10 did not leave a written review for this product.

russodavid's Rating
Green Apple

This is a great pre if you are looking for endurance benefits. I mix half a scoop of Gold Standard with half a scoop of Mr. Hyde to get the big caffeine rush as well as the endurance factor. The green apple flavor is great and mixes well with Mr. Hyde. I definitely recommend this product and if you need the big energy boost you could double scoop and get a great pump

carlosvegaa's Rating
Watermelon

Good taste, nice kick to keep you going