Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites Reviews

galis1's Rating

nice.

gymtrainer310's Rating
Red Velvet

I was very excited to get these bite size protein. Very disappointed by the taste. Lingered with a weird sweet taste. Won't be buying these agian.

RonHeb72's Rating
Blueberry Cheesecake

The Blueberry Cheesecake might now be the best flavor. Really liked it. The Chocolate Mint is good almost Thin Mint like taste.

jack91151's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Nice substitute to protein bars. Chocolate mint tastes just like thin mint girl scout cookies. My favorite flavor is the chocolate donut because, well who doesn't like donuts?

rlabende's Rating
Birthday Cake

Great snack for on the go! Tastes pretty awesome too :)

AbyssGoddess's Rating

I'm always on the go, and my job doesn't allow much time to stop and eat. Instead, I try to keep protein packed snacks on hand. I came across these little treats and couldn't resist. While they are a little chewy (as to be expected from a protein cake), the flavor is brilliant. The only ones I've tried so far that I'm not extremely pleased with have been the chocolate dipped cherry. I can't quiet put my finger on it, but something tasted off, almost too artificial. Otherwise, wonderful product.

tranpaul's Rating
Red Velvet

Bought these while on a special and really regret it. I agree with the other low ratings. Taste is sweet and horrible. Gummy texture.

kwood540's Rating
Chocolate Mint

I saw the new choc. mint flavour in my local supplement store and had to try. OMG were they good. I am dreaming about them now. If you have ever had an "After Eight" chocolate....that is exactly what they taste like! If you love chocolate mint you will not regret this choice!

Zeptarfire's Rating
Chocolate Mint

The Chocolate donut ones were okay, they tasted like the typical protein bar with a thick chewy consistency. The Mint Chocolate however was simply amazing. Light & fluffy, tasted great. Just like eating a desert

1ndyNagra's Rating

best flavor for me is the chocolate doughnut. Handy little protein snacks, you get 3 in a packet which is a great way to spread out the snack throughout the day. They taste great for a healthy snack and hit the spot with regards to any naughty cravings you may have. I find they taste best at room temperature. I've kept them in the fridge a couple of times which makes them taste slightly different, better tasting at room temperature in my opinion.

ChesRunner's Rating
Red Velvet

Ordered because was a special, now I know why it was on special. The picture of the "Cake Bites" is nothing like what they really look like. Looks more like a flat-disk, the "cake" part was maybe a 1/2 cm at the thickest point (and I'm probably being very generous at that). All I could really taste was sweet, couldn't even tell it was supposed to Red Velvet. If you are undecided, then just don't get them.

TyFit87's Rating
Chocolate Frosted Donut

It is soft and tastes good. I like that is comes with three little servings so you can have just one as a treat and save the rest for another day.

meags4u's Rating

These are well priced and I like that you can choose to just eat one at a times to stop a sugar craving while getting a bit of protein. They are your typical chewy protein product. The birthday cake is just a plain boring vanilla. Red velvet is better but the cherry is the best.

blackwell11511's Rating
Birthday Cake

I wasn't impressed. I understand protein has a distinct taste but, these were disgusting. I would not recommend them to anyone. Better off making your own protein snacks before spending money on this product.

ncosker's Rating
Red Velvet

I agree with other reviewers ... I was very disappointed with this product. These didn't deliver what I was expecting based on how ON presents them. I didn't get a "whipped" cake-like texture, more like an average, chewy protein bar feel in misleading packaging. The Red Velvet was the highest rated flavor, but the taste is decent at best and certainly not dessert-like. I wish I hadn't bought the 12-pack as I'll be forcing myself to eat the rest of these ... I hope the Birthday Cake flavor is better or I'm stuck with two 12-packs of disappointment. I was expecting a lot more from OM as they're a solid brand, but these are a big miss for me. I will not purchase again and will warn others from wasting their money. I predict a clearance sale and discontinuation in the near future.

KDOGG5171's Rating

I am going to copy and past exactly what someone else said about this. I have the exact same opinion.... Not what I was expecting in terms of how it's presented. It has that chewy protein bar feel about it. The taste is decent but nothing to go crazy for. I was expecting a lot more of a cake texture rather then the chewiness it has. I most likely will not purchase again.

Ultimoarsenal's Rating

philteeth's Rating
Red Velvet

I think it's more hype than anything. The pictures look yummilicious but really, they taste just like a good protein bar. Nothing special. The taste of both the frosted donut and the red velvet wasn't delicious enough to make me think I am "cheating". That's too bad, bc I love Optimum Nutrition products in general.

Melk4aa's Rating

Soooo good.

Hart617's Rating

I'd say this product is pretty good, it is much different when it comes to texture as compared to other protein bars/snacks. Very doughy but not nearly as difficult to chew as a regular bar. Flavors are pretty good then again who wouldn't like a birthday cake or chocolate doughnut.