Carbon by Layne Norton Recover Reviews

Designed to Support Lean Body Mass and Improve Recovery*

semaximus's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

Surprisingly sour, in a good way. I use it as my intra-workout drink and it does the job.

mirandaleeann92's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

taste great can some times cause reflux though

supratt1jz's Rating

I'd love to give this product a 10 rating, but unfortunately Layne's products have many of the same shortcomings as most products on the market. biolayne.com states, "Each ingredient serves a specific purpose, and each one is fully disclosed on the label." yet this product is loaded with unnamed artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial colors. Such a shame from someone whose knowledge I respect.

triggerhappy83's Rating

Definitely helped with soreness and recovery. The blueberry pomegranate flavor is excellent. Will buy again.

Rx4SuxS's Rating
Sour Apple

This really helps me to recover after my heavy lift days- love the taste of the sour apple! I mix one scoop in my gallon jug and drink in intra-workout. It's my #Rx4SCSS

cmclane11's Rating
Sour Apple

Great BCAA's, I'm not a huge fan of things that are too sour, but this wasn't. The sour apple flavor is actually really delicious!

9706s's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

I was somewhat disappointed with the flavor of this supplement. However, I felt it was very useful to mix in with my typical after workout creatine drink. As BCAAs this is a very well made product

ginaanthony2015's Rating
Sour Apple

I love these BCAA's! I noticed in previous reviews that some users experienced a "foam" on the top of their drink after mixing, but if this happens you just have to shake it a little longer! Overall a great product that I will use in the future, the sour apple flavor tastes like the green jolly rancher!

audreyvero's Rating
Sour Apple

I absolutely love these BCAA's! I've been a huge fan of Layne Norton since I started my fitness journey, so I know that I'm getting nothing but the best with this product. And on top of that, the flavors are amazing! The sour apple one tastes just like a jolly rancher.

alexreiter23's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

At first I was skeptical trying a new product because I tend to get caught up and stick to my usual supplements. I was pleasantly surprised with my decision to try this product! Blueberry pomegranate was amazing and very easy to drink! Would recommend!

Sabrinawisbiski's Rating
Sour Apple

I love this product. Both flavors are amazing but sour apple is my favorite! Have noticed less muscle soreness and better recovery after taking this product.

leajbsae's Rating

leajbsae did not leave a written review for this product.

virgotone828's Rating
Sour Apple

GREAT PRODUCT !!!! Would recommend to anyone looking for aminos. Both flavors are great. I like sour apple better with water and I love it with orange juice!

Braap105's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

Was having to take time off of my major lifts (squats ans dead-lifts) due to some nagging injuries. Figured id give this stuff a try once i started getting back into the swing of things to help recover. I must say this stuff has definitely helped. Plenty of squats and dead lifts workouts that i have been hitting hard have not made me insanely sore like before. would definitely recommend to help out with making some serious improvements. Taste- a bit tart for me, but i like to just mix it with about 20-25 oz of water and drink it on my way home from the gym

Odibiris's Rating
Sour Apple

Amazing in love with carbon specially with sour apple flavor taste amazing.

AriaShine's Rating
Sour Apple

I'm currently in the middle of my competition season and I've been consistently using this post training. I feel amazing and I'm able to continue to weight train intensely! I love the flavor and I have it on ice in a wine glass to feel fancy.

QuintenLisinski's Rating
Sour Apple

Lets go with taste to start this off.. You like green apple jolly ranchers? good! This stuff tastes identical to having one of those suckers in your mouth. I do see how the taste might get a little old after awhile though so its good to alternate between flavors when you restock. I'm not going to try to break down why this product is a serious must for recovery, just look at the label. You obviously came across this because of the man who formulated it and do you really think he would stand behind something that doesn't work? Especially something that involves protein synthesis. From experience though, I will say that I squat/deadlift 3 times a week and this stuff contributes to keeping my body always ready to come back for more. It gets my recommendation for sure.

bmnicolosi's Rating

I have ordered both flavors. Prefer the Sour Apple, but both taste fine. Good post workout option.

PerezEddie's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

Great flavor, not the absolute best, but great. What I like most about this product is how it allows you to recover from intense workouts. I squat 3x per week and every time I go in I'm ready to crush it. I could do without it but I do see improvements and better recovery when I'm using it.

MagdaPolak's Rating
Blueberry Pomegranate

Unfortunately, this recovery drink did not agree with me from the get go. I tried it twice, first time I noticed the taste was very artificial like, and the foam on the top was rather reprehensible. Second try was much more dramatic as I ended up throwing it all up. I am disappointed as I really wanted it to work. :(