Carbon by Layne Norton Prep Reviews

Designed to Support the Increase of Lean Body Mass and Support Recovery*

Good

anthonybaca5's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I honestly don't know if it works or not because the taste was so overwhelmingly bad that I threw it away within 2 sips. Complete waste of money. I can see why this stuff is being discontinued.

ceddilicious's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Did not even bother to try the product, received three tubs of this product nearing 3 month expiry. Was told it was intended for IMMEDIATE consumption, loss for words.

mattm63's Rating
Cranberry Grape

This product does not contain caffeine, however that makes this product extremely versatile since I am able to use it later at night. Plus caffeine in high doses leads to vasoconstriction which can diminish blood flow and hence a decreased pump. Therefore, if I feel the need for caffeine I can add it in the quantity that I want, and thus I am not forced to consume 200-350 mgs of caffeine which is the normal range. As for taste, the cranberry grape is really good and I look forward to drinking it everyday. Furthermore, if this product tasted like crap I would still use it since it is so effective. Now, if I had to rate the pump I would say it is a solid 8 out of 10. The focus is a 10 out of 10, and the endurance is a 9 out of 10. Overall, this is by far the best non stim pre workout out there, and I cannot believe it is being discontinued since it is so good. Honesty, this product makes everything else seem like complete junk and a waste of money. I don't know what pre workout I am going to use after this is gone since nothing else is stim free with this kind of ingredient profile. Hopefully, bodybuilding.com can use this same formula and market it as their own brand. The Carbon brand didnt bring in enough profits, but I think with some marketing and awareness a product similar to this has a ton of potential. I have tried them all, and this product stands above them all.

NoCarbsNoSugar's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Very happy with this non-stim preworkout. The taste is great, the texture is thick and somewhat starchy, which I liked, and the potency is great. I bought two tubs. Too bad it is being discontinued. It is a great pre!

sbbrooks65's Rating

Very good, not great, NON-stim preworkout. I typically drink about 1/2 pre and the rest intra-workout. Good taste. Big dose of citrulline, all the other basic pre/intra workout ingredients. I like Nutrabio's Stim-free better. And I like Kaged Muscle In-Kaged better. But this is a good product at a great (sale) price; sad to hear it is being discontinued.

Thistle71's Rating

This is the best pre-workout I've ever found. No useless fairy dusting and ingredients that are not just hype. No stims is the best! While every other prep is trying to out do each other with ridiculous amounts of Caffeine this product uses ingredients to power you. Caffeine can have negative effects and I avoid it in the insane doses. I can have my coffee and then my preworkout without having a heart attack. I am really upset that it is being discontinued since it and Carbon Build are the products I order.

ckudrna's Rating

ckudrna did not leave a written review for this product.

VersusMyself's Rating

the flavor (Fruit punch) is really good and does the job of not tasting like crap. The effects are great as well.. I have a sensitivity to caffeine and this stim-free pre did exactly what I thought it would do. it gave me a great amount of pump and sustainable energy throughout my workout.... My only con is that i wish it had other forms of energy because even though it gave me sustainable energy, it wasn't enough to power through a high intensity training session...... it was really good for a basic low/mid intensity workout. so imo i would add some other forms of energy if you are sensitive to caffeine like myself or even add in a very minimal amount of caffeine to help with the boost.. it doesn't take much to get jolted with this stuff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

CaroEm's Rating

I cannot use caffeine at all, at any time of day. This prep helps me focus on and power through my weight routines, better than those days I worked out without it. I am recently coming back to lifting from a layoff and my first panicked thought was Carbon had stopped producing this stimulant-free prep. A relief to find I can still get it.

zachayes11's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Great taste and dissolves quickly! However, one scoop didn't give me that drive or boost to do more.

jguilbert's Rating

jguilbert did not leave a written review for this product.

geovannyracon's Rating

Sadly my experience with this product has been Horrible and because of that, i am sharing my experience. I workout either late at night and early in the morning. For Early in the morning I have never EVER taken a pre-workout and start yawning at the gym. Feeling sucked. No focus, no extra strength.. Nothing. WHen i trained late at night, There wasn't much difference for when i train in the mornings. This product let me down big time. I have never Ever taken 2 scoops before using a preworkout until i tried this product. Guys, if you lack gains, and you rely 4/7 days a week to workout and depend on those 45 mins to make the best of them; Do not use this product. On a Label stand point, it looks legit. reality didn't feel legit.

JoeMcKelroy's Rating

I purchased mixed berry and fruit punch flavor so let me start by saying the taste is very, very good. this is my first pre work out sup without caffeine and I was skeptical, however after my first late night workout I was quite impressed. although there was no caffeine jolt, my focus was intense and I just felt like working out all night! of course, when I get home I was able to get to sleep quickly which is very unusual. overall, this has become one of my top 3 pre workout supplements; try it for yourself and you will see.

Diabetic24's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I recently was able to try this out and I have to say it was different compared to the usual pre I take but it was a welcome surprise. Being a college student I sometimes have to lift late at night so caffeine isn't always the best choice. This Carbon Prep was the perfect substitute for those late night pump sessions! All in all a great pre.

patrickevansii's Rating

This is a solid product. It is stimulant free so if you're looking for that over the top energy look elsewhere. What you do get is a great tasting preworkout that gets you a solid workout boost without any proprietary blends. I would definitely buy again.

EricKrat's Rating

The flavor was great, and I would recommend this to anyone who prefers to train in the evening. However, I won't be a repeat customer because every time I've used this product my stomach never felt great during the workout, and on squat, or deadlift days that generally isn't a great combination.

nathanwalker104's Rating

nathanwalker104 did not leave a written review for this product.

LenMD's Rating

Great pre-workout. I can't use pre-workouts that are packed with caffeine because I train late so this is perfect! I've reviewed the research behind the ingredients as well and this has essentially everything you want before your workout.

mirandaleeann92's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Finally get to have juice again! this stuff is great makes me get extra sweaty when i workout

supratt1jz's Rating

I'd love to give this product a 10 rating, but unfortunately Layne's products have many of the same shortcomings as most products on the market. biolayne.com states, "Each ingredient serves a specific purpose, and each one is fully disclosed on the label." yet this product is loaded with unnamed artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial colors. Such a shame from someone whose knowledge I respect.