Carbon by Layne Norton Prep Reviews

Designed to Support the Increase of Lean Body Mass and Support Recovery*

Good

EricKrat's Rating

The flavor was great, and I would recommend this to anyone who prefers to train in the evening. However, I won't be a repeat customer because every time I've used this product my stomach never felt great during the workout, and on squat, or deadlift days that generally isn't a great combination.

nathanwalker104's Rating

nathanwalker104 did not leave a written review for this product.

LenMD's Rating

Great pre-workout. I can't use pre-workouts that are packed with caffeine because I train late so this is perfect! I've reviewed the research behind the ingredients as well and this has essentially everything you want before your workout.

mirandaleeann92's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Finally get to have juice again! this stuff is great makes me get extra sweaty when i workout

supratt1jz's Rating

I'd love to give this product a 10 rating, but unfortunately Layne's products have many of the same shortcomings as most products on the market. biolayne.com states, "Each ingredient serves a specific purpose, and each one is fully disclosed on the label." yet this product is loaded with unnamed artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial colors. Such a shame from someone whose knowledge I respect.

Rx4SuxS's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Absolutely LOVE this pre-workout: it's stimulant-free, actually tastes good, and it WORKS! I use this on my deadlift and squat days- I get such an amazing pump and laser focus I look forward to crushing the weights and getting dialed in having Prep by my side!

cmclane11's Rating

Overall a great non-stim preworkout. It has large scoops so you know you are getting the most from each serving as well!

audreyvero's Rating
Cranberry Grape

If you're looking for a non-stimulant pre-workout, this is probably the best one out there. I use this when I'm having a late night workout or if I've already had a lot of caffeine for the day. I definitely noticed that it gave me a good pump and helped me stay focus throughout my workout. The flavor is good but very very strong, so you may have to mix it with more water. But overall this is a very solid product :)

robertjh78's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Kinda disappointed in this product. Never felt much of anything from it, although I appreciated the lack of tingling that I've experience from other no stim pre-workout drinks. Taste was better than others I've had. Probaby won't buy it again.

joefr's Rating

The pump so real i have trouble scratching my itchy back

ginaanthony2015's Rating

As far as non-stim pre workout go, this is one of the best. It kept be focused during the workout, but without the crash or tingling sensations that stimulant-containing pre-workouts cause. Overall, a very good product that I will use in the future

Sabrinawisbiski's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I love both carbon prep flavors but fruit punch is my favorite. Carbon prep is my favorite pre workout because it is a non-stimulant, so no weird tingles from taking it. It helps you stay focused and gives you an amazing pump, which result in a better workout.

sin2x's Rating

It is the best pre-workout supplement I have ever used. Mostly because it does not have stimulants . Initially I was skeptical about that , however it promotes the right focus and attitude for a productive workout without losing your mind after the workout is done, continuing with your day.( You can always add a cup of coffee to your routine but if your supplement has 300 mg of caffeine you can do nothing about it.) Also, at the beginning I had some hard time digesting it. But after maybe a week , I had no problem. I will definitely purchase it again in the future.

leajbsae's Rating

leajbsae did not leave a written review for this product.

OT2000's Rating
Cranberry Grape

This is probably the best overall nom stim pre workout out right now. After a weeks use, it seems like there is almost a thermogenic effect as you sweat more than normal. It has solid amounts in a unique formula built on performance enhancers not just "pump" ingredients that do little for actual performance. The two flavors are amazing as well. Solid product from Layne.

rays2431's Rating

Hands down this is the best pre workout I have ever done. Gives me stunning focus without any crash after. Great pump too. I do use carbon by lane post too. No stomach issues either.

wcjackson1's Rating

I'm truly a fan of the Carbon Supplement line, and Prep has quickly become my favorite preworkout. I don't care for using stimulants, because you end up needing to take more and more to get the same effect. Plus, I don't want to hit a PR just because I'm cracked out on caffeine. This helps me focus and recover quickly in between sets so that I can get back to it. The lack of stimulants also mean you can take it in the evening and still be able to sleep. It's perfect for that focus boost studying, too.

fyree's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I love this pre-workout. It's stimulant free so don't expect some crazy energy, however I have found that I can work out longer and harder without the usual fatigue. If I feel the need for a stimulant thermogenic, I feel comfortable stacking it with this product without feeling like I'm going to die. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to work harder and longer

virgotone828's Rating

I like this product but I wont purchase it again until the price comes down or the servings go up. I find it crazy they make this with 20 servings. My other carbon products come in increments of 30.

aldogc87's Rating

Did nothing for me, I cant't believe this is a pre-workout.... works better as a sleep aid