BSN SYNTHA-6 EDGE Reviews

7.8
Cookies & Cream

Mannyo8975's Rating
Vanilla Milkshake

Ok so this is a tough one. The protein tastes good and is filling which is a big one for me but if you are lactose intolerant STAY AWAY! I’m mildly lactose and it gave me horrible grumble gut and gas 🚶💨💨

gambit3's Rating
Strawberry Milkshake

This smells so good when you open up the tub. You know you're in for a treat when it smells that good. Taste is great but I have to say it's a bit overwhelming when you follow the directions. It's too strong so you may have to add more liquid. Once you find the sweet spot, it's delicious. I'm not usually a strawberry protein guy but this is good and I can't wait to make fruit smoothies with this. I used to get milkshake in their original formula all the time. It was the best. Can't wait to try it in this series since strawberry beat my expectations. Efficacy: It is a good product. It has been helping with recovery but one thing I don't like is that whey concentrate is the most abundant protein. I knocked it down one for that. Nonetheless, a great overall protein.

Chained83's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

Delicious flavor, just as good as syntha 6 orignal but with half the carbs and fat and 50 less calories. Mixes just as great, can put 2 scoops in a shaker cup and makes a nice smooth shake zero issues.

ElPunisher2009's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

great taste without the bulky,big pieces, chunks like other protein brands. I bought the cinnamon bun flavor and let me tell you it's does taste like a cinnamon bun lol I mix mine with almond milk so it gives it that extra good flavor. Almost no sugar, which is excellent. Would recommend anyone that is trying to get lean muscles. 10/10

cedarchiro's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

One of the better protein powders and I have tried probably at least a dozen. Mixes great. No caking. Can not go wrong with chocolate or vanilla. My experiences in the past with other flavors is that they all tend to taste a bit artificial. Great supplement to a proper whole foods diet. Not a replacement.

ngibson77's Rating
Graham Cracker

Mixes easily and no clumping. The Graham Cracker really had no taste but wasn't bad. For the amount of calories, carbs, and sugars in it I'd try again but in a different flavor.

Takumitsu's Rating
Strawberry Milkshake

I want to like this, but holy wow is it grossly sweet! My fault for not paying close attention to the label: corn syrup solids. Stomaching something that sweet is tough. It mixes pretty well with a spoon. The few lumps left dissolve if you leave your mix alone for about a minute.

Bradwahl's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

Great product. Great tasting. Mixes very well. No bloating. Not my goto whey but close 2nd behind MTS.

kdipple1's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Excellent flavor and mix-ability. I will buy again!

hikatgreenberg's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Haha hmmm... I'm not sure where to start without totally trashing this product. I'm PRAYING I got an off container, but mine is pretty un-usable. I made two protein shakes using a Ninja blender & Organic non-sweetened vanilla almond milk; disgusting. Words cannot express how difficult it was to swallow this beverage; my body was rejecting taking it. What the hell BSN I love your company? I buy BSN products monthly, but this SUCKED. Instead of tasting like Cinnamon Bun mine tastes like undercooked pastry dough without even one hint of cinnamon... Super disappointed. The mixability was great, texture totally okay, the flavor was just unreal in the worst way. I sincerely hope they bring this product up to the taste of their traditional protein (which is the bomb dot com)! However, I am concerned as this is the SECOND product from BSN that I have purchased where the taste was rancid. I'm seriously wondering if I have received some off products as BSN has always produced some ​really fantastic products in the past...

244tone's Rating

Great taste an it really mixed well. At this point in time whatever slimming its supposed to do hasn't happened. And that's with clean eating an cosistent weight training and cardiovascular.

cemiltacir's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

cemiltacir did not leave a written review for this product.

lelandmcelveen's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

Probably have tried almost every protein available. This is by far the best mixing, best tasting protein that I've tried. Mixes way better than the isolate or regular syntha six as you can mix easily with a spoon if you just want a straight protein shake and not a extravagant blended one.

bill8912328's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Syntha 6 Cookies and Cream is one of the best tasting protein powders i have ever tried. The original Syntha 6 tasted a bit better than the Edge version. Syntha 6 Edge tastes a bit bland compared to the original but it's still better than some of the other protein powders i have tasted. I usually alternate between Syntha 6 and Optimum Nutrition's powders. Not because of any scientific reason other than to give myself options on what i drink after a workout. The price is an issue and the fact that you pay more money only to get a container that isn't full. Why is it with most supplements you never get a full container? It's a bit of a ripoff if you ask me.

cbrown1125's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

After trying a number of different brands for proteins I've decided to give this one a shot. Not only does it tastes great but my body feels great after. It has bcaa's which is also a plus for a protein. If you're looking for a protein to help with your #bodygoals this is def the brand for you.

MildlySwole's Rating
Strawberry Milkshake

I've tried this particular protein powder in taster sachets back when I used to buy Muscle and Fitness, and out of all the protein powders I've tasted, this has had the distinction of having the highest macrocount per serving I've had of any protein (not a bad OR a good thing) and also the nicest tasting. I've tried the Chocolate and the Strawberry Milkshake flavours, and both of those were mixed in 150ml of water, then shaken vigorously and left to settle for 5-15 minutes. Both had a thick, creamy consistency which I absolutely loved, and served only to compliment the taste. The Strawberry was my personal pick, and tasted exactly like a Nesquik Strawberry shake, which is a big plus! The chocolate was nice too, but a little bit watery, which is no REAL issue, just something I had to gripe at. The macro-count per serving is quite high for protein, sitting at 150cal or so with 24g of protein. I don't have a big issue with that, and would find a way regardless to fit it into my calories for the day if it was part of my stack, but alas it is not. It's something to mention too for those who don't like that calorie count, or are focusing on cutting weight for competitions or general fitness goals. All in all, brilliant tasting product with a fairly high calorie count per serving, but that shouldn't be a huge problem unless you have a bugbear about calories for your whey.

imlextastic's Rating

LOVE THIS PROTEIN SHAKE. This is coming from a very picky person. The taste is great, and keep me full for a couple hours during my busy day. Also makes for a great recovery after my workouts.

Gallagherstrong's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

This is one of my favorite protein mixes, as far as the flavor goes, I actually enjoy drinking this stuff. Also can put it in a glass and stir with a spoon, it dissolves completely. I got gains on this stuff but the whole bcaa's deal is hokey pokey. Two issues I have? Bcaas are basically protein, I don't like how its advertised to have this "Magic" ingredient. Other problem? I love this stuff but it comes in a tub that's only half full and runs me over $30 for like 20scoops (which is barely 2weeks worth of protein) great protein but I could never afford to have it all the time.

Gzakk's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Another great lineup in the BSN products, little hard to mix, and very blah with water but amazing with milk or almond milk.

ncosker's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

I'm a big fan of Syntha-6, but decided to try Edge for a lower calorie option. Edge mixes well and still provides a pleasantly thick and smooth shake using water. Quality of protein and nutrition are there, but I definitely noticed a difference in taste versus the original Syntha-6. The chocolate milkshake has a strange artificial taste at first that is fairly easy to get use to, but the cookies and cream is just simply disappointing. Not in a "I can hardly drink this" kind of way, but more of a "This doesn't taste like a premium brand I paid a premium price for" kind of way. I'll be sticking with the original Syntha-6 and doing a bit more cardio.