BPI Sports ISO HD Reviews

Ultra Pure Purely Delicious Whey Protein Isolate Designed For Fast Absorption To Support Lean Muscle Growth!*

Good
7.8

Titaskins's Rating
Vanilla Cookie

Bought sample packs from GNC first. Immediately after trying it I bought three of the 5lb. containers. Love this stuff. I rate the taste at 9 because let's face it the taste of protein drinks can always be better, but this is by far the best of these flavors I've ever had. Mix 5-6oz. Of water, fat free milk, whole milk, or whatever your preference, with one scoop (makes it an 8oz drink) and it goes down smooth. Throw it in a blender if you like to add that frothy shake feel to it.

abarakeh86's Rating
Vanilla Cookie

abarakeh86 did not leave a written review for this product.

NathanSummers66's Rating

Great clean Isolate formula, after trying this I swiched from the old one I sued to use.

JasperPAYNE's Rating
Chocolate Brownie

Iso HD is the best mixing and smoothest Iso protein I have had in a while. The best thing about it in my opinion is that it never makes my stomach upset. Most others do.

JenaSoto's Rating
Peanut Butter Candy Bar

This is my favorite Isolate protein because if the taste. The PB candy bar flavor standouts out to me as one of the best tasting flavors of any Iso protein I have ever had.

dhillon7800's Rating
Cookies And Cream

I have purchased the Cookies and Cream flavor a few different times(from this site and in store). It is a really good flavor in that is does not overpower. Simple, easy to digest, light, good size scoop, great results. This has been a great break from the usual chocolate and vanilla every brand offers as its mainstay flavors. I decided to try out the S'mores flavor as my latest purchase due to the overall better rating by the users and as a long standing BPI Sports customer, I did so with trust as I have always had excellent experiences with all of their products so I bought the 69 servings size. This product came with an unusual scoop which was very large which I wouldn't mind but it barely fits in the container of my premium shaker I also purchased from this site. The scoop also has a tiny handle for no apparent reason which you can barely grasp with the two tips of your fingers. Then the taste which does not taste at all like S'mores and the texture is VERY sand-like. The product mixes horribly with water. Even if I add more water than the recommended amount or use a blender it seems as if the powder just spreads out in the water rather than mixing into one product. I contacted both bodybuilding.com and BPI Sports. As the reviews before more have stated, BPI Sports confirms they have changed their formula which is very unfortunate. I am not sure whether that stems to all flavors and whey products or is limited to just the ISO HD S'mores product but I will not be considering any protein from BPI Sports again if this is a permanent and across the board on flavors change in formulation. I am very disappointed as I was a very loyal customer of the brand and purchase about 90-95% supplements from this brand. I hope BPI Sports notices the customer complaints of the disappointing formuation change and goes back to the quality they were known for. The Cookies And Cream flavor with the results I have gotten from it is my lone reason for the 9/10 overall rating(did not factor in latest formulation for S'mores for benefit of the doubt for hopes it will not be a change across the board of the product line though I will be, hesitantly, testing in small amounts the other flavors sometime in the future). For now I will probably be looking elsewhere for my Whey Protein needs. Note- bodybuilding.com was very cooperative and offered me a return and free shipping back to them. Great service!

JonDaMon8's Rating
S'Mores

BPI Sports ISO HD S'Mores used to be the best tasting and highest quality protein I have ever purchased, but recently they have changed the formula (verified by an e-mail to BPI) and the new formula is significantly worse than the old. For starters, the powder doesn't mix nearly as well, the serving size increased but the amount of protein per serving did not, and most obvious of all the taste got noticeably worse. To me this seems like a business decision to decrease the quality of the product, which doesn't make sense to me as this is supposed to be their top tier protein, so why not do it on one of the lesser variants? I will no longer be purchasing this, as to me seems like a greedy corporate decision.

tarkanian's Rating
S'Mores

it's my 5th time buying this product and this time it seems they changed the formula, the scoop not the same as it was (alot bigger), the case changed also. after mix it in the shaker alot of the powder not mixing and it taste as you drink sand. i dunno if its the formula/case/scoop that was changed or if its fake.

Starnjnyc's Rating

Smores hands down best flavor hate all the added crap in the ingredients on all there proteins hate that there's no yield percentage like that there's no maltodextrin but other then that idk of its good enough quality not my go to protein no more was a fan when it first came out

cemiltacir's Rating
Vanilla Cookie

cemiltacir did not leave a written review for this product.

kevin7187's Rating
Vanilla Cookie

kevin7187 did not leave a written review for this product.

akshayinbox's Rating

Finally an Isolate which is high quality (like Optimum Nutrition) and great value ( I usually buy in bulk/on sale). I used to have trouble often with digesting whey concentrates due to the very nature of concentrate and artificial sugars/alcohols. This solved the problem. No more belching, bloating or acid reflux but just a scoop of high quality protein! I'm not picky with flavors but prefer vanilla and cookies and creme over others. Chocolate Brownie is decent too. The lesser ingredients (artificial flavors) the better for your stomach and overall health in my opinion. For mixing I use the shaker blender bottle with metallic spring-like sphere and it dissolves well in both cold and lukewarm water. Keep up the good work, Bpi!

albertlu40's Rating

Tried the Chocolate brownie "Best Protein" mixed well and had good flavor, so I decided to try the more expensive and marketed to be better ISO HD. The taste of the Peanut Butter Candy Bar ISO HD is decent enough to pass, what is bad about it is the texture, it feels like you're drinking chalk or sand. Does not mix well at all, extremely gritty and I even use a hand blender. AVOID THIS FLAVOR. The S'Mores flavor is a lot better than the peanut butter, but is still a little bit gritty, a lot better than the peanut butter candy bar but the sandy texture is very off putting. If you're deciding between BPI brands "Best Protein" is definitely better than the ISO HD. I will never buy the ISO HD again it plain just sucks.

TsvetanManev's Rating
Cookies And Cream

TsvetanManev did not leave a written review for this product.

gajones06's Rating
Chocolate Brownie

Best protein there is! Mixes well, great flavor and amazing consistency. I have tried proteins from other company's an they have never lived up to the hype but trust me when I say you will not be disappointed.

earlhensley's Rating
Chocolate Brownie

This was the second bottle of this product I purchased. The first bottle was excellent. The second bottle did not mix correctly and contained the wrong scoop size. I contacted BPI and was advised they changed their formula. This was the only explanation as to why the scoop size was different (almost 1 and a half scoops compared to my original purchase). I tried using a smaller amount in hopes that it would mix smoothly, still not good. If the product would have been as good as my first purchase I would highly recommend. Unfortunately this product seems hit or miss at best and due to my poor experience with the company when I contacted them I would not recommend this product. I feel as though BPI is not doing a good job of standing behind their product.

smsdesilva's Rating

Good protein powder! But flavors is soo bad! Hate cookies and cream flavore!

deejelkins's Rating

I ordered 4 5 lb jugs of iso hd a month ago. The cookies and cream we used first. It was ok. Flavor was weak and was a little bit clumpy. But not horrible. Next was smores. Absolutely worst protein I have used in over 10 years. Clumps, and chunks no matter how long mixed or amounts of water. Contacted bpi about it and they don't really care. If you have to use iso, go with iso100, that's what we usually use but we got these on sale here so gave them a shot. Not worth the savings imo. Tastes are weak and mixability is horrible.

Thedeuce2's Rating
Cookies And Cream

This stuff should be a sin it is so good. By far the easiest to mix or even stir that I've ever used. I recommend anyone to try this product NOW

ajpaulson91's Rating
Vanilla Cookie

Strictly reviewing based on flavor. Huge fan of the Vanilla Cookie. Tastes great by itself, but love to blend it with frozen berries to make a great tasting smoothie, which really helps with my sweet cravings while adding a solid protein boost. Also mix it with my breakfast shake and the flavor blends well with other coffee flavored supplements. The Peanut Butter Candy Bar flavor is also tastes good but not nearly as diverse and the vanilla.