Vitol Russian Bear 5000 Weight Gainer Reviews

Good

oscar1105's Rating

This product helped me gain weight fast. i was taking 1 scoop as soon as i woke up, 1 scoop either before my workout or right after, 1 scoop right before i went to bed. The Ice Cream Chocolate flavor was amazing deff. recommend others to use it.

Folks— it's still 5000 Calories. I've used all 3 renditions of Russian Bear 5000 and have made consistent strength and weight gains when used properly. First of all let me say that all formulas equal to the 5000 calories when mixed with 635g of powder. The only thing that has changed is the serving size. The first formula contained a milk and egg protein protein powder with added ingredients such as: Yohimbe Bark Sikadeer Antler powder Schizandra chinensis Eleutherococcus Inosine HXR Colostru Boron Chromium Picolinate The second formula took out some of the ingredients and added tribulus and tongkat. Deer antler was removed probably due to the FDA'S concern with it. It also suggested dividing the shakes into 3 6oz drinks for a 21 day supply. Still you would mix 5 scoops in 1 gallon of milk. The current reformulation removed the non fat milk solids and replaced it with 80% Whey Protein Concentrate. All of the original anabolics were put back in including deer antler and on top of that the tribulus and tongkat. The flavor is less sweet and the prescription is to take it 3 shakes a day 16oz of whole milk and 60g of protein powder. Also added are digestive enzymes. 1 scoop is roughly 80g of powder. If you do the math and use a scale, the calories is still exactly the same. I recently picked up and older tub of the "21 day program" and concluded that I like the newest formula the best as it is easier to digest. The taste is less sweet probably due to the lack of stevia, but I do like the modernizing of WPC 80, added deer antler and digestive enzymes. All of their updates are on their website in which you can google.

brent89567's Rating

So, I have used many, many mass gainers and other kinds of weight gain shakes. I have to say, this not only taste fantastic, but I gained the most weight using this shake. My metabolism is extremely fast so it is hard for me to gain weight, but this stuff worked. It still does, I use it once in the morning, once after workout, and once before bed. I love it.

• hthoma

The last time I used this product was in 2014. I see they've changed the label since then. But it looks like they're still making disingenuous claims. Like, 5000 calories? Sure, if you mix one third of the jug with 1 gallon of whole milk. Who is going to drink all that in one day? And then they say it contains "anabolics" like Deer Antler and Yohimbe. LOL, you call those real anabolics? And even if that stuff is beneficial, do you really think they'd add enough of it to make a difference? It reminds me of bottled ice teas saying they contain ginkgo biloba or pomegranate, but the amount they give you is so miniscule it ain't gonna accomplish anything. My other complaint about this product is the cheap carbs. They act like glucose is high-tech, LOL. And then they say it contains "milk solids" for protein. OK, but is it whey or casein? And if it's whey, what KIND of whey? Isolate, concentrate, or what? Why can't they tell us? Frankly, I think the main reason people buy this stuff is the whole "Russian" allure, like as if it contains some super-secret Russian steroids or something, LOL. I mean come on, there are MUCH better products out there. For approximately the same price per pound, you could get Ultimate Nutrition Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer, which has MUCH better ingredients. Or MHP Up Your Mass, which contains complex carbs from oats and barley.....not cheap glucose.

rickeycurrie's Rating

4 thumbs down to the awful new taste

MuzcleHall's Rating

Do not waste your money on this product. This product is now absolutely horrible. It was good before they changed the formula. They took out & lowered some vitamins and minerals. They also lowered the protein & calorie content. It was called Russian Bear 5000 because when mixed as directed you got 5000 calories per gallon of whole milk when mixed with 5 scoops. I usually got 4 to 5 gallons from one container. You got 184 or so grams of protein mostly from egg whites & healthy fats from coconut mcts. There was no added sugar & no fat - it even contained molybdenum. When used as directed you'd have a gallon of the stuff ready made so it was easy to just drink a cup of it or make a shake or even pancakes or bread with it. It was even good with fat free milk, coconut, or almond milk. It was a great product. Now you don't get 5000 calories, you don't get 184 gms of protein, you don't get molybdenum & other stuff. They almost completely changed the formula of something that worked for over 20 years. Now its just powder...that makes you pee for some reason. I actually just threw 2 sealed canisters in the trash along with a half full one. They f@!%ed up. I recommended it before, but not anymore. I told them this on their website too...shame on you vitol...shame!

PFJoe1987's Rating

Don't know what happen to the taste but it tastes much different then it did before. Has an awful taste. Does not have the Chocolate Nestle Quik taste anymore. Don't know if I had a bad batch but all 6 jugs that I bought all had that awful taste to it. It was truly disappointing. What happen Russian Bear 5000.. did yall change the formula or something? Anybody else had this problem with the Ice Cream Chocolate flavor????

RMUTyler's Rating

Taking this product as directed, you'd go through a tub every 21 days. It directs you to add three scoops to a gallon of whole milk and drink it throughout the week. No doubt that is going to add some mass to your body; however you might as will do the GOMAD challenge and save some money. I used it as a post workout drink. It has a good amount of protein and a few other ingredients I like such as the tribulus terrestris. I'd put about 3/4 scoop into my cup. The taste is phenomenal, like drinking the milk after a bowl of Cocoa Krispies. I don't think this product is a waste of money. If you are looking for a serious weight gainer though, there are better out there.

Joshy077's Rating

Hello. My name Joshy. I get bigger than my brother Jordun by eating this powder. I started off at 43 pound and now I am 188 pound pure muscle. I join in with my pirates from Somalia and kick Jordun's ãss now. Using this powder i have gain strenght and i feel it from my head to my balls. I do not need to mix this with liquid because i am joshy and i am not a pūssy like jordun.

EanCraig04's Rating

Nice product!

MaxxBru6's Rating

MaxxBru6 did not leave a written review for this product.

matthewgalietti's Rating

matthewgalietti did not leave a written review for this product.

17kalamaros's Rating

17kalamaros did not leave a written review for this product.

Jman908's Rating

This thing works like magic. I was 6'4 about 188 (pretty skinny) and in about 7 weeks of going to the gym 6 days a week and drinking 2 scoops a day with a lot of food I got up to about 218 of solid muscle and good weight. Now you don't only gain muscle but if you go to the gym the weight you put on is going to be healthy weight. I recommend this for anyone looking to gain weight and muscle seriously. Tastes great too

PureAdonis's Rating

I love this product, i was trying to gain weight a few years ago. I took as recommended and ate a ton. I was averaging between 8000-10000 calories a day (no it wasn't clean but i was young and cut at the time). I went from 165 to 225 in about 5 months ( I am 6'5" and was skinny so it isn't that surprising. I did put on some fat but I worked a job where i was on my feet all day and went to the gym for about 2 hours 5-6 days a week since i was part time and didn't lose too much definition. The friend that turned me on to it told me it used to have a lot of things that were anabolic precursers (forgot to mention I took the russian bear tablets as well), but this has since been changed. I'm guessing some of the potency may be gone but I haven't taken it in a while. I have never taken roids, but the growth and strength gains from bear was insane so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the proprietary ingredients are a little shady. Didn't mind the flavor, the old formula was worth every penny for bulking. Don't know about now, worth a shot though I would say.

Pretty strange stuff. Vanilla tastes awful, and has the consistency of sand. Helped gain a few pounds, but not very lean.

mohammed123456's Rating

It is the best wieght gainer that i have ever used. I consume 4 scoobs and i mix them with milk. 2 scoops in any time i want. And two scoops after my workout (post workout). It is really powerful for gaining muscle mass. Make sure to order 3 or 2 container because you will be out of it so fast.

Marccjacobs's Rating

After mixing it with milk, is it supposed to be refrigerated?

nickburtrum8's Rating

Good weight gainer, I've put on size and I'm almost done with my first tub, kind of thick and makes you feel bloated

dh5378 did not leave a written review for this product.