NOW Pea Protein Reviews

100% Pure Formula High In Protein And Amino Acids!

Good
6.2
6.2

Roger_dodger's Rating

Preamble: I'm celiac (FML) and don't get along great with dairy, so pea protein seemed perfect for me. I ordered this product knowing it was not "certified" gluten free, but given the GMP manufacturing it seemed like it should be a safe bet? Having said that I have been burned before (cough-candian-protein-cough), so I actually have testing strips to verify if a product is gluten free (ez-gluten, set me back about $30 a test, but a worthwhile investment if I'm going to be using a product for years) and safe for me to actually consume. Well after the 20 min it takes the test to do it's work, I was super depressed to find that it came back as a "high positive" for gluten. So now the search continues... sigh.

queshabernard's Rating
Unflavored

I'm not a fan of flavoured protein powders this stuff is great, It's a clean one ingredient no junk as fillers,the taste is great,mix well in recipes or when taken with water. Why did they discontinued the 7lbs, bring it back.

afranczyk's Rating
Unflavored

Mixing is somewhat...interesting. There have been times where it is pretty smooth and others where it is very frothy. I mix it in with oatmeal and the taste isn't that great. It has to be masked with something (in my case, bananas and cinnamon). Texture wise it is not nearly as gritty as a soy isolate, but not nearly as smooth as whey. I find no digestive issues with pea protein (gas, bloating) over that of whey.

eldaduz's Rating
Unflavored

Unfortunately, the protein is unflavored, also I think the powder is very dense, it looks like a high quality protein, cheap and devoid of dairy products, strongly recommends

owesome's Rating
Unflavored

I'm not a fan of any of the flavoured protein powders so this stuff is great, the taste isn't all that strong so mixing it in recipes works really well or when taken with water.

fuzzycoon's Rating

The scoop was at the bottom of the bottle, had to make a mess and lose product getting it, very poor design. I could not recommend this product.

cpa's Rating
Unflavored

I know this is good for you, but it is the only protein powder I have ever been unable to drink because of the taste. I am known for liking every food--I never turn food away due to taste. This stuff ruined my strawberry, blueberry, raspberry smoothie. I even tried adding sweetener and strawberry whey protein. Nothing could save this.

Teemofit's Rating
Unflavored

Is not bad just different from other Vegan/vegetarian powders. I shaked for enough time that there was still little powder residue. Unflavored is great, you can just eat other flavor powders along with it or something organic like honey to make it easier to drink.

johnperlin's Rating
Unflavored

I love this product because it does what is says it does. It is low in calories and high in protein, it mixes well even in a shaker bottle, and because it is unflavored I can mix it with anything. My son is a picky eater and he mostly only eats pancakes well with this product I can get him to eat protein packed pancakes without him being any wiser. I love it!

gatorcam22's Rating

This is the first product review I have written after several years of reading reviews prior to buying products. That shows you how much of a fan I am of this. Taste: It is unflavored but to me tastes like unflavored oatmeal. I just mix with water in a shaker. The texture is that of any other non-dairy protein powder. Results: I drink protein shakes as it is 120 calories with 24 g of protein. It is great for recovery like most products. Cost: They used to only sell the 2 lb tub but since started the 7 lb tub. It is usually $43. That is a great price for 7 lbs or 96 servings especially if you have multiple shakes per day. Additional Comments: This does not cause any mucous like whey powders cause me to have. It can make you feel a little bloated I believe because of the sodium, but keep drinking water and it makes your muscles feel full.

LouisDrummer's Rating

helps me gain muscle and is very healthy, my skin is clearing up and for the awful taste. just add a flavor product (i got mine from bulk powders - Liquidflav - chocolate) it now taste's sweet and easy to drink.

PrestKeith's Rating
Unflavored

Some people complain about the taste but they are used to SUCRALOSE in their protein. I'll take HEALTH any day. I've had great results with this powder, much easier on my stomach and doesn't create phlegm like WHEY.

KohlDonnelly's Rating
Unflavored

This is one of the few protein powders I can take due to the fact that I'm lactose intolerant. I mix it with water and have no problem with digestion. It tastes and smells like the pet store but it gets the job done.

carinaeberle13's Rating
Unflavored

Good source of protein, but I have to return it because the taste & texture was unbearable. Tried my hardest to gulp it down, couldn't do it!!

divadrolyat's Rating

Simple ingredient...just Pea protein! Excellent for Vegans etc...love this!!

fitanffifty's Rating
Unflavored

Does blend well but easy to digest. Like the fact that it bioavalibility is ranked high,no digestive problems. Teaspoon of honey helps with taste and uptake Now Sports!!!!!!!

MathewBueckers's Rating

Horrible taste

DSDELANEY's Rating

NOW Pea Protein is a great product & it helps me maintain my level of fitness throughout the year

MIKECRUSEN's Rating
Unflavored

Now sports pea protein is excellent, taste is okay, helps build muscle and helps with recovery well for me, this is the only protein i take after the gym. I have great results with it, i recommend it.

gosselinpaul's Rating
Unflavored

Horrible taste. Has a bitter and spicy taste. Do not purchase unless your wanting to toss your money away.