MusclePharm Combat Powder Reviews

6.6
1-20 of 3,031 Reviews

Aizuddin17's Rating
Chocolate Milk

Well i can say its good product with delicious taste..but unfortunately, this product has added extra amino that called protein spike!! Basically, the added aminos pump up the protein content of your powder and your scoop may claim on the label to provide 24 grams of protein when it actually only contains 15-17 grams. Whey & casien protein is already a complete protein, there is no need to see any of these additional free-form amino acids listed. One more thing, why they never listed the true amount of bcaa & glutamine. Mp combat can be a top protein blend if they improve the thing that i say it. I give it 7 rates because of the taste is good & effectness is moderate because less of protein content.

aldoreytongco's Rating
Chocolate

I have used MusclePharm Combat Whey for a couple of times, and so far I like the effects. My body responds well to it...except for the ridiculous flavor. To be honest the taste isn't close at all (chocolate). I believe it's not about acquired taste, it's really how they formulated it. Nutrition-wise it's ok, protein from different sources (fast to slow) and it has lower carbs and calories compared to other whey products. Price is also moderate. Overall I gave it a 7: I want MP to improve their flavor formulation, and increase the protein content (from 25g to 30g per serving).

OUsooner's Rating
Cookies N' Cream

WEIGH YOUR SERVINGS!!! Seriously, this stuff is so fluffy and compacts VERY easily. The label says a serving is 34.9 grams. I've experimented with taking just your normal, everyday scoop, shaking it level and weighing it. The average scoop weighed in around 45-50g. Just a heads up if you're concerned with serving size. Other than that, tastes great and is easy to mix!

NathanStorer's Rating
Chocolate

Tastes really great! I have two complaints, however. First is that it takes a while to mix in with milk. I haven't tried it with water because gross. Second BB can't keep this product at a consistent price so I have to look elsewhere for it. $72, $80, and now $90 for the 10lb bag. I love the flavor but I'm about to start looking for a new product.

bimmerfreak0's Rating
Vanilla

Excellent flavor profile. Far superior anti-clumping to other protein powders (which is very important to me). Canister is larger (but same weight) because the powder is literally fluffier than most. The fluff probably helps with it not clumping.

loverlou's Rating
Chocolate

It would be great if the sweeteners used were healthy

MrCourtP's Rating
Cookies N' Cream

The first few times is it really good. After about the 4th or 5th time the sweetness really starts to wear on you. Just a little too sweet and especially if you intend on drinking this on a regular basis.

heitmanj's Rating
Banana Cream

This product tastes well but the different flavors mix up MUCH differently. I've purchased the chocolate and it mixed up great. The vanilla and banana cream seriously mix up like crap; even in a blender. Shaker bottle? Forget it. They do taste great, but SO much effort...and don't forget about the mess left in your blender or shaker bottle. Some of this stuff turns into a gooey mess.

manson7's Rating

Very good protien!

KadieJaffe's Rating
Cookies N' Cream

I need to second magicmikeidc's review. I used this stuff for years and loved it. Something must have changed. I bought 4lb around November and it was great. The most recent 4lb I ordered is chemically tasting and overly sweet. I can't bear more than one spoonful of it. Bummed because this was my favorite for years. In case anyone is like me looking at reviews for a sanity check -- you're not imagining it. It's gross now :(

Squidlet's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is a very good tasting protein that mixes extremely well just like Optimum. Gets the job done and is very affordable.

rsanworx's Rating
Cookies N' Cream

Pretty standard stuff. Mixes well and tastes great. Solid protein for shakes, recipes, and mixing. Cookies N' Cream is bomb in mashed sweet potatoes! Don't knock it till you try it.

JeremyAllison87's Rating
Banana Cream

I like how it make mixes up and its taste. It has helped me balk up and I like how it has helped me when with my job it's hard to keep up on getting 200+ grams of protein a day. Only wish is that they had the 10lbs bags in banana cream.

HighSynergy's Rating
Cookies N' Cream

It's fine as a protein product, and exactly what you expect. Good value for the money on a per serving basis, too. As for the flavor, Vanilla is pretty standard. Nothing to write home about, but a nice neutral compliment to any fruit you throw in a blender. It's drinkable on its own too with 8-10 oz of cold water per serving, so no complaints there. Stay away from Cookies N' Cream, though. I loved this flavor years ago, before they changed the labels and packaging, so I picked up a tub for ol' times sake. It... wasn't the same. The old Cookies N' Cream tasted like an Oreo milkshake, and was a nice post-workout treat. The new Cookies N' Cream is fowl and undrinkable. I have a 4 lb tub of the new Cookies N' Cream and it's a chore to finish. I have to add peanut butter and pure cocoa powder just to mask the nasty after-taste finish. It doesn't even taste like cookies anymore, I don't even know how to describe it. I'll finish this tub since its a good protein source as stated above, but unless MP goes back to the old formula, I'd stay far away. Stick with Vanilla if you're looking for a Combat Powder flavor.

magicmikeidc's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I've tried this before with great success, however, I think the formula has changed since 2014 when I last used MP Combat. I purchased two 2 lbs. tubs from BB.com as part of a 20% deal. The first thing I noticed upon opening was the texture. It is very thick and is reminiscent of pancake mix. The problems I have are: >>>>> Mixing: Horrible. Normally I combine two scoops of ON Gold with 8 oz water in a small blender bottle without the ball and that shakes just fine in a matter of seconds. I tried that with this Combat powder (2 scoops/ 8 oz water) and almost choked due to the massive amounts of clumps. Added 4 more ounces of water and no improvement. Finally, I topped my little shaker off with water and shook it for a good 2 minutes (thanks for the forearm workout MP). It was better but I still ended up basically eating the stuff. A couple days later I bought the larger 28 oz shaker with the ball this time. Long story short, I had to top it off to just below the the rim and after a solid minute of shaking it was drinkable with a few small clumps still present. I used to mix this before (back in 2014) in my small shaker w/o a ball and it mixed just fine, hence my suspicion with the change in formula. >>>>> Taste: Way too sweet, and for me a 16 oz Starbucks coffee requires 2% milk and 5-6 splenda packs as a frame of reference. Look, I have just as much of a sweet tooth as the next lifter, but this protein is borderline ridiculous. Now, even with 2 scoops and 20+ oz water, it is insanely sweet and "chemically" tasting. The C&C flavor in 2014 was just right. I even remember buying the 10 lbs. bag and looking forward to my post workout treat; it was that good. Normally I would be the first person to cry foul when people complain about taste, especially if the product works. I've had my fair share of protein powders that weren't fantastic and I'd simply slam it down and call it a day. After all, we buy this stuff for the results. I have a much different view now, as I can appreciate where those folks are coming from since the C&C tastes like clumpy, sugary cookie water if you can image that. When it's all said and done, you at least have to be able to consume a product in order for it work, and if the stuff tastes awful it's going to make the end of your workout less like a reward and more like a dread. >>>>> Effectiveness: To be completely fair, I do think the product works. I gained muscle, strength, and dropped BF while using this in combination with intermittent fasting and an 85-90% clean diet for 4 weeks. I also think the casein is a really nice ingredient and selling point, as I like having that sustained protein during the day since I train at 6:30 am and fast for ~10 hours afterwards. Maybe the chocolate milk flavor is better, but I would avoid the cookies & cream unless you prefer a super-sweet chemical taste or carry a 45 oz shaker bottle for dilution. I rated the flavor as "2" instead of "1" since there is a noticeable cookie flavor to it, even though that is completed suppressed due to the reasons I mentioned above. I also rated overall as "7" since I completed hated the though of drinking a product that tastes like it was manufactured in an Axis Chemicals plant. Overall I would not recommend, and I am going back to ON Gold Extreme Milk Chocolate. Thank you and I hope this review helped.

JFizzle95's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Normally i don't go dor fancy flavors because they tend to taste bad with most proteins. Muscle Pharm on the otherhand nailed this flavor! Tastes absolutely wonderful ( just like ice cream). Best served with unsweetened almond mild. High quality! Highly recommend.

mariorvacmp's Rating
Cookies & Cream

it's delicious. I will surely buy it again.

XPhant0mX's Rating
Chocolate Milk

It's good to meet the macros and all, but the taste is just ******* awful. I do not know how anyone can get this down.

evamegan's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

chocolate peanut butter: Best flavor ever, doesnt make any bubbles, doesnt taste weird if you take more time drinking it or if the warter is extremely cold. chocolate milk: almost has good has the chocolate peanut butter. Taste like low sugar nesquick .

Grant922's Rating
Chocolate Milk

Over the years I've wanted to build but due to the nastiness of most protein shakes have not been able to stay consistent with macro consumption. This time around, I decided to try this protein based on solid reviews and so far I've been blown away. Opening the container, you notice the quality of the protein. It doesn't look or feel chalky as you scoop it up. It's a fine texture like a soft sand but still looks hearty like a protein powder. This stuff mixes like no other. I mix it up in a standard blender bottle with tap water and have never had chunks of protein shoot down my throat. I experience a smooth, sweet but not too sweet, delicious drink that leaves me feeling great. I cannot recommend this protein enough, and the macros are super solid. Chocolate milk was better than vanilla, but that's more of a personal preference thing they're both top notch.

1-20 of 3,031 Reviews