MusclePharm Assault Reviews

6.7
7.3

ksmyc079's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Wasn't aware Muscle Pharm changed the formula, removed all the good stuff, and decreased the amount of caffeine per serving. Not impressed with the change at all, I won't buy Assault again and will definitely think twice before buying other Muscle Pharm products.

gbiz's Rating

DO NOT BUY. Have used Assault for 5 years. Just got my latest order. Not only has it been "reformulated," but serving size has been reduced to cover the diminished amounts of ingredients I was buying this for. Not to worry, they increased the amount of caffeine so that you May feel better during the workout. Garbage move. Last time buying anything from muscle pharm. Very frustrating

sportysydney's Rating
Green Apple

I was expecting more out of the Green Apple, you mostly taste the water since the taste of the apple doesn't last long. When I mixed this up with my BCAAs watermelon I taste more of the watermelon than apple. I would try a different flavor than this next time.

koniski's Rating
Strawberry Ice

Do not buy!!! Use to be the only product I would buy! They reformulated this year and this product is horrible. They also got rid of all of the flavours. They usually have good flavours and the strawberry ice is pretty decent. But it's a waste of money to buy this product. Will never buy again. Even tried the black assault and it's no good either. Time to try what everyone else has to offer again.

Raul2227's Rating

I used it and I thought it worked ok the first time. In a short amount of time I found that I did not feel it kicking in anymore. I personally would try a different pre-workout.

kylebelanger55's Rating

This is a very good focus preworkout. Perfect for if you need to cycle off of something that gives you the jitters. I loved the focus it gave me and the pump

ma2langron's Rating

For those of you looking for a pre-workout that doesn't give you the jitters this is it. I have tried so many pre-workouts and found that I really don't like the feeling some of them give you. This one does exactly what it says, focus, energy, drive. I would recommend this product.

ydeeznuts's Rating
Green Apple

After trying several different top of the line pre workouts, this one Is the worst. Feels like drinking water and sugar. The kick fades after my third use, because my tolerance is high I don't feel the kick anymore. My body is pretty tolerated to pre workouts and coffee and so I felt I needed more of it to get that kick. Not recommended for casual pre workout users. Might be good for someone's first time taking pre workout. Not gonna buy this product again Unfortunately!

ghunt's Rating

I have a jug of the newer formulation grape flavor, which they apparently do not sell anymore, that I am about to polish off. I have mixed feelings on Assault. I've used it several times, trying other pre-workouts in between and coming back to this one more than once. But, it does not feel as effective since they changed the formulation. Also, it does not mix very well anymore, after mixing it you can immediately watch a lot of it settle back down to the bottom and it won't dissolve no matter what. The stuff that doesn't dissolve is gritty and weird. So I'm straying again, trying a different pre-workout...we'll see if I come back to this or not.

Ziadabasoh's Rating

Ziadabasoh did not leave a written review for this product.

nickgellman's Rating
Green Apple

This was the first preworkout I ever used and after going and exploring others it's always the one I go back to. It gives the most consistent energy boost and I don't become as immune to it as with a lot of others. Will probably just keep using this forever. Also the watermelon and green apple flavors taste awesome.

Sworrel2's Rating

The product works as expected. Great Pump, but....... the container is less than halfway full!!! Like seriously come on now. You get this big tub home open it up and most of it is straight air. Can MP just save material cost which will come back to us who purchase the product by just using a SMALLER container!!!

amsamir's Rating

This turned from one of the best pre-workouts to a bellow average product after they trimmed down the ingredients... Such a shame....

Erick48's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I can feel it kick in but the flavor is too sweet and leaves a bad aftertaste no matter how I mixed it. 1 scoop isn't enough for me so I mix 2 scoops with 8oz of water. Overall it's decent compared to the other pre-workouts that I have tried. Won't buy this flavor again though.

bobsgym13's Rating

It's been the boost I've counted on through many early mornings!

Vanessatrevino's Rating
Watermelon

Flavor is horrible! I've tried this in the past and it was great now ewwwww. It does it's job great energy and focus just horrible taste.

Rochford23's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I have used a couple pre workouts in the past and out of all the only one I would recommend is MusclePharms Assault. It has been a few years since I used it but I am sure they have only improved the formula. First time I took it I worked out for four hours and I felt Euphoric for the rest of the day. I made great gains off this product and in addition it saved me from some horrendous hangovers. Whether you are looking for a great pump, hulk like energy, or something that will spare you from a hangover I highly recommend this product. Never felt a crash, mini heart attack, or sick from this product. Finally the ingredients in Assault are of high standard (No sketchy ingredients).

MBreazeale54's Rating
Strawberry Ice

MBreazeale54 did not leave a written review for this product.

ntc2's Rating
Strawberry Ice

NOTE: I have had the older formulas of assault. I do have to admit this formula is better than any of the older ones. It doesn't give me that icky feeling during a workout and I don't burp this up. With this formula I do feel alert and I don't get a crash. As for the flavor- it's alright are there better flavors out there for pre workouts..? yeah. I'm not sure why this product has such poor reviews, I honestly like it.

mrjayhockeyg's Rating

I must point out I have only had the old formula which contained coconut water and I always that was cool. Gave me that beta buzz. Good energy. BUT one of the highlights of this product is the LACK of dyes. You know those (insert colour) # 2.3.4.5.6. Check the other companies and you will see red no.3 for example. Not assault! They did use beet powDer instead. Now it seems they use vegetable juice, still better than dyes.