Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.6
7.7
7.1
Cookies & Cream

Taste good, mixes well, and has a great price..

hippiethompson's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I think this product tasted alright, however it didn't mix well and very clumpy. This product rates very low for a casein and i don't believe this products works as its designed to. VERY VERY disappointed.

I think it is delicious and mixes easily compared to other casein products. I think the vanilla is delicious, and I drink one every night before bed. It is a little chalky, and will get all over your hands when you scoop it, but if that is the only issue with this product and you need delicious nighttime protein, I recommend it. Great value for the price!

richardavila25's Rating

i like this because it gets so thick its like a milkshake. very good for taking the big animal stack pills. also good for blending with fruit

WillC49's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I like this protein. I did rate it at a 7 but that is due to how it mixes. Worse than any casein I've ever had. So let's go with the PROS: Taste is great, thought it would get old but it's a good before bed snack dessert and also works as a good breakfast protein when I don't lift and running behind. The price is what first attracted me to this product so that is a huge plus. Even while adding this to my diet (1 scoop at night) I've still been able to lose excess weight while still achieving strength gains. CON: only 1. Mixes horribly. You can't just dump in the scoop. I've tried a lot with this powder and it just doesn't mix good. Only reason I docked it points. That all being said I will buy again if the price is right.

zhengcorp's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

great product at a good price over. product powder is very fine so if you dump a scoop into a shaker some will fly out. Mixes very easily & great flavor.

Ridonkulous's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I've tasted many protein powders over the years and this one ranks in the top 3, and quite frankly could be my favorite. The Cnnamon Bun is fantastic. I've mixed it with both water and skim milk and can drink it either way. For a change up I'll add a little extra cinnamon to it or a little nutmeg just to break the manotiny but it's not needed. Until I find something better this will be my go to pre-bed protein drink.

This is a good casein at a good price. It is a really nice treat before bedtime, and that extra boost of protein doesn't hurt either. I will say that the flavor of this is very mild, I feel it could have a bit more vanilla-ness to it. The directions say to mix with 10 ounces of liquid, when I use straight milk the taste of the casein is overpowered, but if I use less than 10 ounces it gets way too thick after it sits a minute. I find that 6 ounces milk + 4 ounces water makes a nice base and I can enjoy the vanilla flavor better. Beware, though, casein powders in general are sticky and stick to everything, leaving powdery messes in their wake :)

blimer421's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

So far so good. I take this strictly at night and cinnamon bun is a great tasting favor.

Meets my cutoff of $10/lbs and tastes pretty good. Has that thicker and potent taste like most caseins but is a good choice

ryanfouts80's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I've tried several brands' of Casein and this one is up there with the best--at a better price! It also has less of the after-taste usually associated with Casein. I usually take it with milk before bed. I'm switching to this Casein from the more-expensive brand I was using before... this is just as good, tastes better, and is more affordable.

I switched from Cookies and Cream(also a 6/10) to this one. Upon first taste this isnt bad, but once your done it does have an off putting after taste. It isn't horrible but it also isn't great. Personally I feel they could have made this taste better, just seems to have an obviously fake chocolate taste to it. But for the price... Bottoms up! After this tub I will stay away unless I'm on a budget.

Jackulaa's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Got these for a try, since the Dymatize Cinnamon Bun has been out of stock for months with no ETA. There are pro's and con's. It's the best tasting Casein I've ever had (excl blends like Jym Pro, Stacked Protein etc). 1 scoop before bed keeps my muscles full throughout the night and my stomach feeling less hungry in the morning. Cinnamon Bun is great, not too sweet when mixed with 10oz of milk but any less and it will turn into this thick sludge that you can't get out. I really like this product, but unfortunately I won't be buying this product again due to the massive bloating I get afterwards. I would take this when/if I'm single and lonely in bed.

saulbeamerg's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I ordered this having high hopes, I was let down and very disappointed. First off it taste disgusting I wanted to throw up just taking a sip of it, i tired it in milk, water and nothing could make it drinkable for me. Bodybuilding.com's product let me down I wont order anything of their brand again.

Bodybuilding.com always has amazing products! I love their line and this casein is incredible!

Nammm3's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

My digestive system has been adapting to this slow metabolizing protein powder. The first few nights when I tried drinking this before going to bed I kept waking up in the middle of the night. After I started halved the serving portion and mixed it with some whey protein, it helped my body adjust to digest the thickness of this particular casein. I do like the cinnamon bun taste!

Great taste and defiantly doing the job

The flavor chocolate was not good tasting and the ingredients are not up to my standards

The flavor is great. It's a good price, and you don't have to order another batch in a week because you can get 4lbs at a time. I probably should try other flavors but this one is so good I haven't yet.

LANadia's Rating
Cookies & Cream

@BODYBUILDING.COM #BODYBUILDING.COM why are you mass making protein for people who want to live a healthy lifestyle and riddling it with #CORNSYRUP and #FAT #SUNFLOWEROIL? How hard is it to make a protein that doesn't have any sweetener at all or oil? Please make a #natural no flavor no oil version. I don't care if it tastes like **** if it will be good for my body.