Universal Nutrition Animal Whey Reviews

Loaded with Whey Protein Isolate to Supplement the Extreme Protein Requirements of Hardcore Lifters

Mocha Cappuccino
Chocolate Coconut
Frosted Cinnamon Bun

PieLover1992's Rating
Brownie Batter

The taste is good, actually one of the best I have tasted. My problems with this product are that it doesn't mix easily (even with a shaker cup). And on the product it says "some oil fats are partially hydrogenated", which basically means it DOES contain trans fat, although they mention that it doesn't (Basically they are allowed to do so, if every scoop contains less than 0.5 grams of trans fat). And I'm not a fan of trans fat. Thus my average rating.

cszerba's Rating
Red Velvet

cszerba did not leave a written review for this product.

dustinmoorman's Rating
Chocolate

Not too impressed with this. It was a decent protein, but absolutely the worst when it comes to mixability. Had to scrape it off the side of the blender each time as it would clump up, and forget mixing with a spoon in a cup. You'll be eating protein chunks. Other than that I made some decent gains, but prefer Dymatize ISO100 to this protein. Taste is just no comparison. I finished this tub of protein but was just about ready to give it away at the half way mark. Still giving this protein an 8 out of 10 because it is decent, and probably better than a lot of proteins out there, just in my opinion not as good as Gold Standard or Dymatize ISO100.

PressLesnar's Rating
Chocolate Chocolate Chip

The quality isn't bad, but the flavors were really disappointing. Chocolate chocolate chip tastes fine at first, but then very quickly a weird, nasty aftertaste sets in, and it makes shakes really difficult to down for me; I have to mix in another flavor to make it halfway decent. It's a shame because I was expecting this to be the best flavor by far. Brownie batter isn't bad but it's nothing special (most "batter" flavors usually aren't anything amazing to me). Also, brownie batter seems to upset my stomach in the worst way minutes after ingesting it, whereas something like MP Combat didn't, so that kind of puts me off getting this again.

Abiber's Rating
Red Velvet

Animal Whey is by far the greatest tasting protein I have had. It mixes easily and does not bother the stomach. It's also great for baking (protein pancakes, waffles, brownies)

• Ernay
Ernay's Rating

Ernay did not leave a written review for this product.

jogor's Rating
Vanilla

I got the Vanilla flavour and I can truly say that this was the best vanilla whey protein I've tried. Compared to ON vanilla, CL Pronom, and Dymatize Elite this is my favorite. I would compare the taste to melted vanilla ice cream. I got the 2lb size and I never got tired of the flavour. I could see myself getting the 4lb size and not feel that I would get tired or ever dread getting to the bottom of the tub. I mixed the protein with water and it mixed easily with a spoon; no shaker necessary. I've also mixed it into a blender combined with strawberries and bananas and produced a smooth and delicious shake. I rated this as a 9/10 because a 10 would have to be the most perfect drink in the world. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this flavour again.

szpprod's Rating
Salted Caramel

Let me be honest and fair. NO Product is going to be 100 percent you have to help it along. If you are not willing to put in the work then don't waste your money just to complain later "Oh it was not good of a product, or it doesn't deliver what it said it would" You have to eat clean, exercise right and rest. As far as the benefits for me this product was good. I like the way it blended in my water. The taste of the salted caramel was highly favored even though a little sweeter than I would like. That was no problem ice cubes took care of that issue. I remained full after consuming my allowance and it worked well as the last meal for my day. I recommend this as it is my second favorite company to produce as good protein powder.

corritaylor82's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

First of all, let me say that there is no other protein product on the planet that mixes as good as this one! I don't even need a shaker. I am big, so I use 2 scoops as a post workout meal. Ten (10) to fifteen (15) seconds max and I'm drinking it with no problem and don't have to keep shaking/mixing it in my water just to finish. I have minimum body/muscle aches, if any at all, after a workout because of this product. The body soaks it right up and you feel the difference between this protein and others quickly. If you have a physical job and workout all the time like I do, this protein will NOT let you down!

Yougurt93's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I found Animal is such a great product after taking their Animal Mass. Get my Whey from the local store in Malaysia. The taste is very awesome and nice! The powder is so smooth and you don't need the spring to shake it! The only this is that the cookies bits won't dissolve in your shake. Would go and buy another tub in Chocolate flavor. Very good product from Animal! Edited: The Chocolate flavor is awesome! It taste just like a chocolate drink! Better when you mix it with milk!

Sudeepkair's Rating
Brownie Batter

good quality protein helps in gaining lean muscle mass... taste is good specially brownie batter & mixes pretty well..

Wilmccab's Rating

Meh, Whey is Whey, but the main reason why I am writing this is because I had been mixing Milk in with Whey ever since I started and after awhile it became inconvenient. But if you are mixing with this, with just water, its amazing. But Red Velvet is my favorite so far.

dmbradfield's Rating

Great product and tastes great. I like this companies straight forward approach. I'll be ordering again.

BrettHoughton's Rating
Strawberry

Best tasting protein mix out there.

Savaric's Rating

I have been using this protein as a Post workout supplement for the past month or so. I went big on the Brownie Batter and picked up the 4lb jug. Great taste, one of my favorites out of all the proteins I've tried in the past. Red Velvet and Chocolate Mint were nice sample size pick ups, but are a little behind Brownie Batter for me taste wise. I've seen good results from the protein though, I've been cutting a decent amount of weight over the past few weeks, but throwing noticeable mass on in my chest, arms, and legs at the same time. I will likely always have some of this on hand unless Universal makes some drastic change it.

BUCK4791's Rating
Brownie Batter

Animal whey has always been a great tasting whey for me and the ingredients are amazing. The brownie batter flavor is very delicious, It tastes like a mix between double rich chocolate brownies and a rich chocolate cake topped off with two layers of chocolate icing. Overall, it packs in a great source of protein, and the taste is fantastic. Great price, and a great whey protein.

trojan59's Rating

Let's go down the list, shall we. First, banana cream is very good if you like banana flavored things e.g. banana popsicles. Chocolate chocolate chip is a chocolate lovers dream, you really can not go wrong with it. Now to chocolate coconut... WOW!! By far my new favorite from Animal! (even better than brownie batter). It is like drinking a candy bar it is so good. Mocha cappuccino is my favorite for those post morning workouts when I want a second cup of coffee. Strawberry was not one I would drink by itself. To me it would be better blended into a fruit smoothie. Finally, good ole faithful vanilla. It mixed very good in water and is probably my favorite vanilla on the market. I can not say enough about Animal's products, they taste great and they work!

MisterBLiberty's Rating
Red Velvet

I first tried the red velvet Animal Whey when Animal came to Bodybuilding.com headquarters & introduced the new flavor. I instantly fell in love with it! I just ordered the 4 lb. container of it because of how amazing this flavor is. I might be biased though, I'm an avid Red Velvet cake enthusiast and this protein tastes exactly like the real thing. Props to Universal Nutrition for making an amazing flavor. Highly recommended!

Deucefire7's Rating
Brownie Batter

Great product that uses top ingredients and BCAAs! It's exactly what you want in your whey and you're pre and/or post workout shakes. GREAT TASTE TOO! I've tried a few of the flavors and they're all great but the newer BROWNIE BATTER is out of this world! A couple of scoops of this in post-workout shake and you're good to go.......and GROW!

xaimbe's Rating
Chocolate

xaimbe did not leave a written review for this product.