Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout Reviews

Watermelon
Pineapple - Exclusive!
Pineapple

runngunvideo's Rating

I didn't find the flavor to be too appealing. Does have a bit of an aftertaste. As for effectiveness, I have experimented with between 1 & 2 scoops with limited results. I'm halfway through the jar and I'm considering going back to my old pre-workout (JYM). I can take 2 scoops, and my ears will burn and tingle, though it wears off about 20 minutes into my workout. Who knows, maybe it's just me. It's not a bad product, I just don't find it to be a great product.

Rochford23's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

Flavor was decent though if you were expecting to receive a ton of energy and to be a monster at the gym the day you take it I would not recommend this product. I am pretty good at keeping my caffeine tolerance low so I would expect the 175 milligrams of caffeine should have affected me but sadly I was mistaken and I never received much of a boost I was expecting. Even taking multiple scoops will do little to help. This product also will not age well and it will quickly lose its powder form and morph into a big ball. If your looking for a good pre work out I would go for muscle pharms assault.

Ari3ll3's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

This is the first pre-workout I have taken that doesn't taste like a fitness drink. The Blueberry Lemonade is SOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!! I was ready to rock and roll and had an amazing back workout yesterday. I am sore this morning :) I pushed myself and stayed focused throughout the workout. I bought a 4 serving size to try out the product but I am ordering a 30 serving of this product today. My boyfriend also likes using it as well. So this is a good product for both men and women.

pictures10 did not leave a written review for this product.

russodavid's Rating
Green Apple

This is a great pre if you are looking for endurance benefits. I mix half a scoop of Gold Standard with half a scoop of Mr. Hyde to get the big caffeine rush as well as the endurance factor. The green apple flavor is great and mixes well with Mr. Hyde. I definitely recommend this product and if you need the big energy boost you could double scoop and get a great pump

carlosvegaa's Rating
Watermelon

Good taste, nice kick to keep you going

The taste was great. Just the overall energy it is supposed to have wasn't with it

BodyspaceTB's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

I am fairly new to the pre-workout game. I've used maybe 2 or 3 total different kinds. The Optimum Nutrition Blueberry Lemonade gives you just the right punch to be motivated, wake you up, get you going. It is not a powerful punch though. I don't like the post workouts that make my heart race and sweat profusely. If you want a great tasting reliable pre workout drink that gets the job done and isn't over The Top. Then this is for you.

Great taste, great energy

michalskic's Rating

Energy boost is unpredictable, some days it doesn't seem to kick in until after working out and then I'm wired all afternoon. I haven't noticed any major benefits and the only downside is the cost. Taste is pretty good.

Tastes very good but didn't have much of an effect on my workout. My tolerance was very low since I hadn't taken preworkout in a month, but one scoop still did not crest any noticeable effects.

moose5461's Rating
Blueberry Lemonade

The blueberry lemonade flavor is pretty good. The powder mixes fairly well although you still have some clumps at the end. My main disappointment is that I don't really get much of an energy burst from this supplement. I will get some sustained focus and low level energy boost longer than some other supplements, but no major burst. One scoop does not seem to be enough, but two scoops made my nose run, my heart pound, and my body feel like crap. I will still use this for my lighter workout days, but it definitely does not have the punch I need for high volume leg days.

Best pre-workout I've ever used. I have gone through many different Pre's trying to find one that tastes good and brings me to life at the same time; this definitely does both.

soulsergeant's Rating

The best tasting Watermelon on the market! I have to take two scoops though to get efficacious dosing of the ingredients. They should therefore make the scoop bigger

zcarter001's Rating

Great Pre-Workout! While I do not use it every time I workout it is a great pick me up. I would prefer it if it had creatine HCL instead of the creatine monohydrate.

No shakes or jitters, love the taste, and I felt like it lasted my entire 3hr. workout. Plus produced a great focus. I would recommend this for someone who maybe hesitate about taking pre-workout. Time will tell how quickly my body builds up a tolerance.

MaxtrainJones's Rating

Great pre workout supp. One of the top 10 on the market for sure.

Jhighflyer's Rating

I regularly workout. At the gym and Taekwondo training. When I take optimum nutrition gold standard pre-workout I feel the difference in the energy I get while working out and how much longer I can workout. I like that after my workout I have ample energy for my regular day to day activities like work without the crashing feeling afterwards(which is no crashing feeling whatsoever). The fruit punch flavor is good but strong. The watermelon flavor is perfect, and the blueberry lemonade is a little sour but taste great. I will continue to use this product and recommend it 100%!

GroundNinja's Rating

Great stuff, great taste and easy to stomach. Within 30 minutes of using my energy levels and foccus were through the roof. I do however highly recommend starting with a half dose to see how your body is effected by it. I did the full dose and I was beyond where I needed to be. I had to increase my normal routine just to burn off the extra energy.

LukelilGelso's Rating
Pineapple

I've never used a pre-workout before, I have to use 2 scoops to get an effect of the pre-workout BUT when I do I can definitely notice a difference in my workout, not just an increased in intensity but I feel I lift more weight by using the pre-workout, this effect lasts for atleast 2 hours for me. Only downside for me is the price... @ $40+ for a 30 servings and if you're taking 2 scoops, it only lasts for 15 serves, ~$2.66/serving is EXPENSIVE!