Carbon by Layne Norton Prep Reviews

Designed to Support the Increase of Lean Body Mass and Support Recovery*

Good

robertjh78's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Kinda disappointed in this product. Never felt much of anything from it, although I appreciated the lack of tingling that I've experience from other no stim pre-workout drinks. Taste was better than others I've had. Probaby won't buy it again.

joefr's Rating

The pump so real i have trouble scratching my itchy back

ginaanthony2015's Rating

As far as non-stim pre workout go, this is one of the best. It kept be focused during the workout, but without the crash or tingling sensations that stimulant-containing pre-workouts cause. Overall, a very good product that I will use in the future

Sabrinawisbiski's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I love both carbon prep flavors but fruit punch is my favorite. Carbon prep is my favorite pre workout because it is a non-stimulant, so no weird tingles from taking it. It helps you stay focused and gives you an amazing pump, which result in a better workout.

sin2x's Rating

It is the best pre-workout supplement I have ever used. Mostly because it does not have stimulants . Initially I was skeptical about that , however it promotes the right focus and attitude for a productive workout without losing your mind after the workout is done, continuing with your day.( You can always add a cup of coffee to your routine but if your supplement has 300 mg of caffeine you can do nothing about it.) Also, at the beginning I had some hard time digesting it. But after maybe a week , I had no problem. I will definitely purchase it again in the future.

leajbsae's Rating

leajbsae did not leave a written review for this product.

OT2000's Rating
Cranberry Grape

This is probably the best overall nom stim pre workout out right now. After a weeks use, it seems like there is almost a thermogenic effect as you sweat more than normal. It has solid amounts in a unique formula built on performance enhancers not just "pump" ingredients that do little for actual performance. The two flavors are amazing as well. Solid product from Layne.

rays2431's Rating

Hands down this is the best pre workout I have ever done. Gives me stunning focus without any crash after. Great pump too. I do use carbon by lane post too. No stomach issues either.

wcjackson1's Rating

I'm truly a fan of the Carbon Supplement line, and Prep has quickly become my favorite preworkout. I don't care for using stimulants, because you end up needing to take more and more to get the same effect. Plus, I don't want to hit a PR just because I'm cracked out on caffeine. This helps me focus and recover quickly in between sets so that I can get back to it. The lack of stimulants also mean you can take it in the evening and still be able to sleep. It's perfect for that focus boost studying, too.

fyree's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I love this pre-workout. It's stimulant free so don't expect some crazy energy, however I have found that I can work out longer and harder without the usual fatigue. If I feel the need for a stimulant thermogenic, I feel comfortable stacking it with this product without feeling like I'm going to die. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to work harder and longer

virgotone828's Rating

I like this product but I wont purchase it again until the price comes down or the servings go up. I find it crazy they make this with 20 servings. My other carbon products come in increments of 30.

aldogc87's Rating

Did nothing for me, I cant't believe this is a pre-workout.... works better as a sleep aid

dejalou's Rating

I really like this stuff. I am super focused on my workout and I like the fact that I can add caffeine if needed or I can have it without. The only problem is that I want to cut back on my sugars and it is loaded with sugar. It tastes good but I don't want to put that much sugar in my body. Pros- Helps Focus vascularity con- unnecessary amounts of sugar

chrisalley's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Tried this product and a few others in an attempt to minimize my caffeine intake. I found the cranberry grape flavor to be incredibly unappealing (unless you really like grape jolly rancher extract). After trying this product I legitimately almost fell asleep 30 minutes later while on my way to the gym (I wasn't the one driving), and didn't feel like it gave me any energy during my workout. Would recommend trying BSN no-xplode non-caffeinated fruit punch if you want to eliminate caffeine.

yynotnnh77's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Been on this a couple of weeks this does nothing, at all no pick up nothing. Again a non-stim pre work out. Sorry You need something in order to get you butt going this never does anything I feel like I need a nap when I take this stuff. Going back to another pre workout with a stim in it. Zzzzzzzz

mexrico's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Bought this product because I wanted to try different flavors. After watching videos and reading up on Layne Norton, I thought this product would work for me. It did not work. PROS: Does not have any caffeine, but contains other products which are supposed to be for mind focus and alertness...after reading up on those products, NOTHING has been proven...only speculation it works in that manner. So, the PRO would be that you can use this before bed time and actually sleep if you are sensitive to stimulants. CONS: Waaaay too sweet, seriously, one scoop is way to strong in the sweet department. I ended up adding two liters per scoop. I gave it a 7 because I got the pump and vascularity, but nothing in the "focus" department...nothing.

Phoenix9369's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Overall the perfect preworkout. Can't think of anything else to compare it because this is a beast of its own category. It has creatine which I did not read until I ch****ed it down (not that it matters), but boy how much I am loving this The pump usually shows 15 minutes into the workout, and it remains long after. And the flavor is just in the right spot of sweet but not too sweet. I've been dosing it at just one scoop and it has been doing wonders for my sessions. I love it for chest day because 3 out of my last 4 chest days have been the best pumps I have gotten and it's all because of Prep. HIGHLY recommended!

JoeTinpan's Rating

This Pre tastes amazing compared to some of the other pre workouts I have tried. Some people might miss the caffeine but you can easily buy caffeine tabs as well and then dose accordingly. The high caffeine actually steers me away from other brands. Carbon Prep is perfect for me because if its night time, no caffeine is wanted, and if its daytime, I will adjust according with the tabs. I am curious to see what else Layne has coming for his line.

SOH11's Rating
Cranberry Grape

I consider myself a bit of a "stim-freak", so I was interested to see if a non-stim pre-workout could deliver the same results as something that is loaded with 400mg of caffeine. Prep boasts a completely open formula, which includes proper dosings of citrulline malate and betaine. Creatine monohydrate is present as well, but it's only at (roughly) half the daily suggested dosage at 3g. I'm going to assume that Layne Norton wants us to supplement with creatine on the side. Flavor wise, Cranberry Grape is delicious. It doesn't have as sharp of a "tart" taste that I would expect to a cranberry flavor, as grape is definitely the dominating taste. Regardless, it produces a thick drink that really reminded me of drinking 100% fruit juice. In terms of effectiveness, I didn't find Prep to be as powerful as the stim-induced pre-workouts I use, but I did experience reduce fatigued as compared to usual. I think Layne Norton is really on to something here with this formula and would welcome a stimulant version of it. If you work out late at night and need to sleep, I think Prep is a good choice. Just be wary of the cost: for 20 servings, it's going to set you back about $34 dollars. Not the cheapest option out there, but as I said, if you need a good stimulant-free option, this is it.

AriaShine's Rating
Cranberry Grape

Another great tasting pre workout without stimulants! I love I can take it when I lift at night and not be up all night!