Vitol Russian Bear 5000 Weight Gainer Reviews

Ice Cream Strawberry

rickeycurrie's Rating

4 thumbs down to the awful new taste

MuzcleHall's Rating

Do not waste your money on this product. This product is now absolutely horrible. It was good before they changed the formula. They took out & lowered some vitamins and minerals. They also lowered the protein & calorie content. It was called Russian Bear 5000 because when mixed as directed you got 5000 calories per gallon of whole milk when mixed with 5 scoops. I usually got 4 to 5 gallons from one container. You got 184 or so grams of protein mostly from egg whites & healthy fats from coconut mcts. There was no added sugar & no fat - it even contained molybdenum. When used as directed you'd have a gallon of the stuff ready made so it was easy to just drink a cup of it or make a shake or even pancakes or bread with it. It was even good with fat free milk, coconut, or almond milk. It was a great product. Now you don't get 5000 calories, you don't get 184 gms of protein, you don't get molybdenum & other stuff. They almost completely changed the formula of something that worked for over 20 years. Now its just powder...that makes you pee for some reason. I actually just threw 2 sealed canisters in the trash along with a half full one. They f@!%ed up. I recommended it before, but not anymore. I told them this on their website too...shame on you vitol...shame!

PFJoe1987's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Don't know what happen to the taste but it tastes much different then it did before. Has an awful taste. Does not have the Chocolate Nestle Quik taste anymore. Don't know if I had a bad batch but all 6 jugs that I bought all had that awful taste to it. It was truly disappointing. What happen Russian Bear 5000.. did yall change the formula or something? Anybody else had this problem with the Ice Cream Chocolate flavor????

RMUTyler's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Taking this product as directed, you'd go through a tub every 21 days. It directs you to add three scoops to a gallon of whole milk and drink it throughout the week. No doubt that is going to add some mass to your body; however you might as will do the GOMAD challenge and save some money. I used it as a post workout drink. It has a good amount of protein and a few other ingredients I like such as the tribulus terrestris. I'd put about 3/4 scoop into my cup. The taste is phenomenal, like drinking the milk after a bowl of Cocoa Krispies. I don't think this product is a waste of money. If you are looking for a serious weight gainer though, there are better out there.

Joshy077's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Hello. My name Joshy. I get bigger than my brother Jordun by eating this powder. I started off at 43 pound and now I am 188 pound pure muscle. I join in with my pirates from Somalia and kick Jordun's ãss now. Using this powder i have gain strenght and i feel it from my head to my balls. I do not need to mix this with liquid because i am joshy and i am not a pūssy like jordun.

EanCraig04's Rating

Nice product!

MaxxBru6's Rating

MaxxBru6 did not leave a written review for this product.

matthewgalietti's Rating

matthewgalietti did not leave a written review for this product.

17kalamaros's Rating

17kalamaros did not leave a written review for this product.

Jman908's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

This thing works like magic. I was 6'4 about 188 (pretty skinny) and in about 7 weeks of going to the gym 6 days a week and drinking 2 scoops a day with a lot of food I got up to about 218 of solid muscle and good weight. Now you don't only gain muscle but if you go to the gym the weight you put on is going to be healthy weight. I recommend this for anyone looking to gain weight and muscle seriously. Tastes great too

PureAdonis's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

I love this product, i was trying to gain weight a few years ago. I took as recommended and ate a ton. I was averaging between 8000-10000 calories a day (no it wasn't clean but i was young and cut at the time). I went from 165 to 225 in about 5 months ( I am 6'5" and was skinny so it isn't that surprising. I did put on some fat but I worked a job where i was on my feet all day and went to the gym for about 2 hours 5-6 days a week since i was part time and didn't lose too much definition. The friend that turned me on to it told me it used to have a lot of things that were anabolic precursers (forgot to mention I took the russian bear tablets as well), but this has since been changed. I'm guessing some of the potency may be gone but I haven't taken it in a while. I have never taken roids, but the growth and strength gains from bear was insane so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the proprietary ingredients are a little shady. Didn't mind the flavor, the old formula was worth every penny for bulking. Don't know about now, worth a shot though I would say.

Pretty strange stuff. Vanilla tastes awful, and has the consistency of sand. Helped gain a few pounds, but not very lean.

• hthoma
hthoma's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

This product is bizarre. The label hasn't changed once in the 20+ years I've seen it. Even their website (valvasilef.com) looks like it's stuck in the 90's. That's not very confidence-inspiring. But my main complaint is that it makes disingenuous claims. Like, 5000 calories? Sure, if you mix one third of the jug with 1 gallon of whole milk. Who is going to do that? Then they say it's the only gainer with no fat, just MCT's. First of all, MCT's ARE fat, and secondly, tons of other shakes use MCT's as their fat source. It's like they wrote this 20 years ago and haven't fact-checked it since. Oh, and then they say it contains "anabolics" like Sikadeer Antler powder. LOL, talk about abuse of the word anabolic. And even if that stuff is beneficial, do you really think they'd add enough of it to make a difference? It reminds me of bottled ice teas saying they contain ginkgo biloba or pomegranate, but the amount is so miniscule it ain't gonna accomplish anything. My other beef with this company is that they conceal important info. For example, they don't tell you the source of carbs, they just say "3-Stage Carbohydrates (Glucose Polymers)". Is that from corn, oats, rice, or what? Unless they tell me, I'm gonna assume it's mostly maltodextrin and other cheap carbs. No thanks. And then they say it contains "milk solids" for protein.....Is that whey or casein? And if it's whey, what KIND of whey? Isolate, concentrate, or what? And finally, who manufactures this stuff, and where?? They just say "distributed by Vital Products LLC". Why should I trust this stuff if I don't know who made it?? The only good things I can say about this product are that it tastes like ice cream and doesn't contain artificial sweeteners. But there are MUCH better products out there. For approx. the same price per pound, you could get Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer, which has MUCH better ingredients. Overall, this product is massive fail. The only people who still buy it are those who bought it for the "Russian" allure, like as if it contains some super-secret Russian steroids or something, lol. In reality it's outdated junk that you shouldn't trust.

mohammed123456's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

It is the best wieght gainer that i have ever used. I consume 4 scoobs and i mix them with milk. 2 scoops in any time i want. And two scoops after my workout (post workout). It is really powerful for gaining muscle mass. Make sure to order 3 or 2 container because you will be out of it so fast.

Marccjacobs's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

After mixing it with milk, is it supposed to be refrigerated?

nickburtrum8's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Good weight gainer, I've put on size and I'm almost done with my first tub, kind of thick and makes you feel bloated

dh5378's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

dh5378 did not leave a written review for this product.

wiru's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Can not say enough about the flavor of this stuff... it truly does taste amazing. I mix one scoop with milk and a serving of Udo's Oil to add some healthy fats and a slightly nutty kick. It is almost literally like drinking melted chocolate ice cream and the powder mixes perfectly every time. Problem is, and maybe someone else can chime in on this, is the sugar content. When mixed with milk, this stuff is 104g of sugar per serving (one scoop), which is basically two and a half cans of soda. I'm not sure how healthy this is long term to consume this much sugar, but Vitol at least claim these are not artificial sweeteners and that the sugar contained is "naturally occurring". I'm taking two scoops a day right now covering about 2,000 of the 5,000 calories in my diet. I'm a Fedex driver with very little time during the day to stop and eat big meals. Another point of mention is I've been through two tubs of this stuff so far and I've experienced no bloating or rancid protein ***** that I've had with other weight gainers, most recently the GNC Amplified Mass. Bottom line is it tastes amazing and does its job, I'm just worried about the sugar content long term.

Djskief's Rating
Ice Cream Vanilla

Djskief did not leave a written review for this product.

drkrum's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

I've never had a protein taste or mix this good. The chocolate is spectacular. On the important side of things, it also helped with size. A lot. When I started I was around 164 and had been stuck there for a while (I'm 5'9''). Within about a month and a half of taking this I got up to 171, mostly all lean muscle. I only took 2 or 3 scoops post workout though, which may have helped keep me lean (8%) instead of just putting on calories (it calls for 5 scoops). The only other product I took during this period was Superdrive pre-workout, also highly recommended. Great combo to build muscle mass and increase weight.