Vitol Russian Bear 5000 Weight Gainer Reviews

184 Grams Of Protein Per Serving Providing An Anabolic Formula For Rapid Weight Gain!*

Good

wiru's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Can not say enough about the flavor of this stuff... it truly does taste amazing. I mix one scoop with milk and a serving of Udo's Oil to add some healthy fats and a slightly nutty kick. It is almost literally like drinking melted chocolate ice cream and the powder mixes perfectly every time. Problem is, and maybe someone else can chime in on this, is the sugar content. When mixed with milk, this stuff is 104g of sugar per serving (one scoop), which is basically two and a half cans of soda. I'm not sure how healthy this is long term to consume this much sugar, but Vitol at least claim these are not artificial sweeteners and that the sugar contained is "naturally occurring". I'm taking two scoops a day right now covering about 2,000 of the 5,000 calories in my diet. I'm a Fedex driver with very little time during the day to stop and eat big meals. Another point of mention is I've been through two tubs of this stuff so far and I've experienced no bloating or rancid protein ***** that I've had with other weight gainers, most recently the GNC Amplified Mass. Bottom line is it tastes amazing and does its job, I'm just worried about the sugar content long term.

Djskief's Rating
Ice Cream Vanilla

Djskief did not leave a written review for this product.

drkrum's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

I've never had a protein taste or mix this good. The chocolate is spectacular. On the important side of things, it also helped with size. A lot. When I started I was around 164 and had been stuck there for a while (I'm 5'9''). Within about a month and a half of taking this I got up to 171, mostly all lean muscle. I only took 2 or 3 scoops post workout though, which may have helped keep me lean (8%) instead of just putting on calories (it calls for 5 scoops). The only other product I took during this period was Superdrive pre-workout, also highly recommended. Great combo to build muscle mass and increase weight.

brendanbann's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Ice Cream Chocolate is amazing, anybody differently isn't properly blending the powder. This weight gainer works fantastic, gave me lean, clean weight and strength gains.

NoSurrender1988's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Extremely sweet. Like the sweetest chocolate milk you ever had x2. It is actually good at first then over time gets overpowering. I only seen barely any difference in my weight. I'd prolly s****est ON Serious Mass) or even the ( Arnold Mass ).

Clancey53's Rating

You are not supposed to drink the whole gallon in one day! Its a 21 day program! You drink 6oz glass 3 times a day when you mix 5 scoops with a gallon of milk! That's why there's only 3 servings! 1 gallon should last you a week! Read the back of the bottle!

I have had a ton of success building muscle and gaining lean mass with Russian Bear. I only stopped using Russian Bear because it was back ordered everywhere. I've tried other gainers like BSN and Arnold, I couldn't figure out why I was gaining so much fat. I figured all the gainers were the same but I was wrong. After going back and realizing I only started getting a gut after using other gainers I switched back to Russian Bear. Hopefully I can lose this gut quick and continue to add lean muscle. I love this product tho.

TheEricDidier's Rating
Ice Cream Vanilla

By far the best protein I have ever tried. Went and shopped around for other mass gainers while this wasnt available, tried N-Large, ON Pro Mass, Inner Armor Mass, etc. but none come close to this. This has easily the best mix-ability of any protein you will ever have, mass gainer or not. It mixes well and tastes great with water or milk. And I know that it is hard to replicate a Vanilla flavor, and this product comes close to the 'Ice Cream' feel and tastes better than anything Ive had before. I always tell people to find a protein they like the taste of and never let it go, this is that protein to me. As other people say you do NOT need to do all 5 scoops in a day, I will do one scoop with 12 oz of milk or water a day and still noticed 5 pounds gained in a little over a week. So glad this is back, best protein I have ever had.

I was taking this during a period where I had long days at school and very little time to eat. This supplement helped me maintain weight when I could only eat one meal in the morning and this shake for lunch/dinner. I put on muscle as well and got cut at the same time. It tastes great and I would recommend this to anyone looking to put on mass and increase gains.

Dperrino's Rating

My favorite supplement. Tastes great and delivers. My Freshman year of college I used this product to put on weight for football. I went from 190 lbs to 215 in two months and experienced great gains in all my lifts. I just recently started using again for Rugby to put on weight after the season. In the last two months I went from 202 to 225 and have PRed in all my lifts. Highly recommend!

Keyleigh's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

I purchased this product after having some issues getting enough daily calories while bulking. On top of that I was hit by a moderately potent case of the flu which ended in me losing 7 pounds. (down to 160) After this unintentional weightloss I decided I needed a little extra something to help with my bulk. After 3 weeks of using 1 scoop (520 cal) twice a day plus the 1/2 gallon of milk (~1800 cal altogether) I mixed it with I quicky put back on the lost 7 pounds. Continuing with the russian bear my strength and weight has steadily increased since then at a faster rate prior to the Russian Bear and flu bug. The chocolate flavor is good and easily drinkable, almost too sweet. It does not have the quantity of sugar listed on the nutritional information which I find a little strange, it may be a large amount. This may be the cause of a little extra bodyfat then what I'm use to on a bulk. Although I'm not sure if this is due to the fact I'm at a higher caloric surplus then usual or if it's because of the "dirtiness" of this bulk/supplement.

NoahBradley88's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

This is a great weight gainer! No need to use a complete serving of 5 scoops! Divide a serving by 5 and see how potent each scoop is! I only used 2 scoops post workout and my strength levels and weight steadily went up each week! The vanilla ice cream was fantastic mixed with water and tasted like marshmallow cream! The chocolate was extremely rich in water and didn't have a good taste. I can only imaging how rich the chocolate would be in milk! Buy the vanilla ice cream flavor and you won't regret it! Fantastic price btw!

USAF2012's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

Best tasting gainer I've tried yet. ON's Serious Mass comes close, but this is like Nesquick. Easy to mix, sometimes have to add water or more milk to make sure you don't leave any excess powder behind. I like this product, put on about 2-4 pounds from when I started this, which was around 2 weeks ago. A lot of protein, a lot of carbs, and MCT's to boot. Probably the most basic way to go for a gainer, but it is effective. Good thing about it too is that I don't feel overly bloated when I drink this, which means it's easier to get the rest of my meals down for the day. Great product, good results so far. Only bad thing is that gas can be a big issue after drinking this. No other complaints though.

wiliam7040's Rating

wiliam7040 did not leave a written review for this product.

LSUAlum2001's Rating
Ice Cream Vanilla

Bought 3 tubs of this last week to take as a post workout recovery drink. The 5 scoops/1 gallon serving is a bit insane, so my mix is 1 scoop with 20oz of milk post-workout for approximately 850 calories and 57g of protein. It mixes very easy in simple shaker bottle and tastes like melted vanilla ice cream. It's a little on the sweet side, but nothing unbearable. No gastro-intestinal issues so far, but I rarely have issues with anything. I'll be going the 12lbs of this over a 4 week MaxOT regime, looking to add some size and strength for a power lifting meet in January. I'll post an update/review after finishing the 4 weeks.

ZacHHamam's Rating
Ice Cream Chocolate

My favorite protein I have ever had hands down the taste is unbeatable!!!! Mixes well and made my muscles dense. I would recommend this product!!!

bhirshblond's Rating

I have taken this product for 5 weeks, 2 scoops a day with a regular diet, one in the morning, one after I workout ( added 2000 calories per day with this). I am limited in how much weight I can lift and exercises I can do because of serious spine surgery (lower back) two years ago. Decided to stop feeling sorry for myself. I have already put on 8 pounds of muscle. I am 6' 190 now. I am a hard gainer, always have been. I LOVE the Vanilla Ice cream flavor with milk. I can down a serving no problem. I truly recommend it. I get it for $25 a tub. I may have to stop taking it if the gains continue because the more weight the more I carry on my spine. Keeping my core workouts intense so hopefully I won't have an issue. 10/10 100%

zackpalmisano's Rating

Have been using it since march. Been through 25 tubs just about. They recently changed the carb source or something because it went from a sugary maltodextrin taste to a bland, bad aftertaste non flavored protein flavored powder that doesn't mix nearly as well as it used to. Never buy vanilla, it won't mix and turns into a nasty *** foam.

Jackedguy92's Rating

This is by far one of the best weight gainers I have ever taken. I took the full gallon and full 5 scoops. Within in 2 weeks I gained 20lbs mostly muscle!!! But mixing it with water is horrible tasting. I advise you keep it mixed with milk. But my strength did go up bench went up from 325 too 405 squat from 575 too 645 dead lift from 595 too 605 but I also recommend eating small snacks to keep body function running normal Great product love it!! :)

Alexander7474's Rating
Ice Cream Vanilla

Great for anyone who has a high metabolism (I have been skinny my whole life) so this works great for me. I am seeing nothing but gains!