Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer Reviews

6.5
7.1

itwasluck's Rating
Lemon Lime

I found the taste to be very good when compared to some other high-stim products. No issues on that front. If you're looking for a "high stim pre-workout", this isn't the product you're looking for. It's a subtle, clean, and efficient boost of energy but hardly noticeable IMO. That being said, there is no crash and you can easily sleep afterwards which is huge for me since I work out the in the evenings and work early in the AM.

sopwith21's Rating
Acai Berry

For those looking for a natural, organic product, you can't possibly beat Vega's Sport Pre-Workout Energizer. It gives you a solid but smooth energy boost, without the jitters and crash associated with most highly caffeinated products. It tastes good and lasts throughout my 2 hour workout sessions. The "let down" - if there is one - is not even noticeable. You cannot tell when the product is out of your system and no longer energizing your body, because there is no crash after using it. I rotate pre-workout supps every few weeks and will add Vega's product to my list of favorites. This is the first time I've used the product and I'm very pleased.

bcollins24's Rating
Acai Berry

I cannot handle most PWOs, they cause me to jitter and my heart to race. But I really needed a boost sometimes and the helpful folks at Whole Foods gave me a few samples a couple years ago and I have been buying Vega ever since. Vega PWO does the trick for me. Gives me that extra boost I need without the creepy side effects that other PWOs have on me. The taste is ok, but I drink most of my supplements and they can be worse. I've gotten used to it. For mixing, one trick that I found was to put a scoop of Vega in your cup and first add a bit of "HOT" water (enough to cover the powder) and mix. Then add your cold water and it blends smoothly then. No clumps or layers of anything on top.

mrythern's Rating
Acai Berry

I am not a body builder!!! I am an older woman who suffers with severe leg cramps. The pain is indescribable. My children should contribute here because they have had to see me screaming in pain for literally 20-30 minutes, pacing the floors, getting into the shower fully clothed and pouring hot water on my legs from thighs to toes while screaming, swearing and crying with the pain. I do not know why I have this. I have consulted every kind of doctor and specialist out there without answers. Then I tried this. IT WORKS!!! As soon as I feel restlessness in my legs I take a scoop of this and it works. I could kiss you VEGA!!!

zagaboi's Rating
Acai Berry

The Sport Pre-Workout Energizer is a big surprise for me. I wasn't expecting that you can make a PWO from plants that would work well. It gave me the alertness and focus in the gym. As fa as energy was concerned, it doesn't have much kick as other PWO's but this is still a good alternative if you want to stay all greens.

Erikapeach's Rating
Acai Berry

I was skeptical about using this, but it works surprisingly well! Nice smooth energy without feeling like I'm melting from the inside, or jittery. Love how it works, but the taste is horrible. Lemon Lime is disgusting, it's almost impossible to get down. The Acai Berry isn't much better...only slightly better tasting (I mean slightly). I have to choke it down and sometimes it makes me gag. Not a great quality in a pre-workout. If the taste was better I would give it a 10, but seeing that I occasionally have to take a different pre-workout because I can't stand the taste of this makes it a problem.

Deluz's Rating
Lemon Lime

I got a few samples of the Lemon Lime Pre-workout for Vega Sports and this is my review. Over 16g of carbs which is on the higher side for pre-workouts a touch of fat, and an interesting electrolyte complex makes for a different formula. Since it is not very heavy in common ingredients like beta alanine, citrulline, or caffeine, this is not on the stronger side, but a different twist on the pre-workout game. The lemon lime flavor was very enjoyable and I am not a major lemon lime fan. I would have to lose a few points due to the overall effeects of a non-stim pre-workout and labeled as an energizer.

yellowdiamonds's Rating
Acai Berry

I'm sensitive to caffeine, but this product works well for me. It give me enough energy to push through my workouts. I typically work out in the evening, and it doesn't interfere with sleep afterwards. My husband loves this product too. He's 44 and plays soccer with 20-something-year olds and he's able to keep up with them. In fact, he's been asked what he's on and how he keeps up. At first, the taste wasn't the most appealing, but I've become quite accustomed to it and enjoy it now. The taste varies based on how much water you add. I like less water (about 1/2 small shaker cup), while husband waters it down (almost full large shaker cup). I like the product b/c I try to keep my supplements as "clean" as possible. I avoid anything ending in "ose" and artificial colours and sweeteners. I also stack it with the Vega Electrolyte.

kntkody's Rating
Acai Berry

kntkody did not leave a written review for this product.

RoadPigJohn's Rating
Acai Berry

Very amazed about this product. Vega Pre-Workout Energizer is just that, lot of energy and I mean clean energy with no tingling effect or head aches or hart palpitations like with other products designed for more advanced athletes. This is a perfect products for beginners and mid level enthusiast of sports. It mixed fast and easy in water with a very delicious flavor taste. I will say for any kind of sports for men and women (Climbing, walking, running, tennis, swimming, Ping-Pong, Cross Fit, etc....). Give it a try without hesitation it will not disappoint you. I'll give it a 10 out of 10.

cymru1189's Rating
Acai Berry

I received a sample of this from the very generous people at Vega and as much as I am a fan of what they stand for and some of their other products this was simply unpleasant. I really did not enjoy the taste and there was just no real effect. One of my training partners actually just ordered some lemon lime so Ill sample that and hope it is better, alas I won't be returning to the acai berry for my pwo.

starseller's Rating

I Received a sample of this product and my bad i should've read the label first, i've put way too much water and could not taste the flavoring of the preworkout. what i got to say is that it does mixes pretty well but you get this little foam of tumeric on top of it. this wont give you the major kick in the butt that most preworkout do, but you get steady energy and thats it.

solomama's Rating
Lemon Lime

Wow its interesting to read such polarized reviews here about this product, some seem to love it & others state that it doesn't quite fit the bill. For me, it worked almost too well. I had so much energy I couldn't sleep after I completed my workout. I'm not sure what caused me to be so alert, maybe the green tea but whatever it was it definitely worked and then some. Leg day was a breeze to get through for the first time ever. I was able to lift more than usual and added on a few more sets easily which was also a first. The next time I use this energizer it will definitely be during the morning because the effects seem to last for hours upon hours for me. I did however have coffee earlier in the day so that may have caused me to be somewhat wired. I don't see myself ever using this pre-workout at night otherwise I might be pulling an unwanted all nighter.

vlopez's Rating
Acai Berry

If you are used to taking stim-based pre-workouts this may take some getting used to. I was looking for a non-stim pre-workout because I work out very late and get up very early for work. A PW like Assault or Muscle Marinade would cause me to lose sleep. Vega Sport gives a nice subtle boost of energy; the focus while working out sorta creeps up on you and lasts the duration of my workouts (45 min - 1.5 hrs). The ingredient profile is one of the healthiest I've seen. I've even taken to filling my shaker-bottle first thing in the morning as a chaser to my morning coffee. Taste is pretty good, albeit a little bland. The one drawback is the price. Like almost all of the Vega Sport Line the pricepoint is set rather high. But then again you are paying for premium ingredients.

Martel95's Rating
Acai Berry

Soon after taking this, I could feel the focus and pep coming on. However, the taste isn't very good. I didn't have any problems mixing this, using just a blender bottle. The sustained energy it imparts is appreciable considering it contains no caffeine or taurine, which I wanted to avoid. Give it a try if you want something plant-based, without those two ingredients.

Antioxidant's Rating
Acai Berry

I occasionally use the sugar-free version of this product when I have a cardio day or I'm having trouble dragging my butt to the gym. For me it works very well and i end up having my best workouts the days I use it. I have heard of some other pre-workouts causing an unpleasant wired feeling or jitters and this doesn't do that at all. I appreciate the reasonably clean ingredient list, and will continue to buy Vega products for this reason.

marchj3's Rating
Lemon Lime

Taste wasn't terrible. I actually appreciated the fact that you can barely taste it at all. Its easier to swallow than most pre-workouts that just taste like chemicals. Energy wise it was pretty good. It does what it says. It's clean energy for the gym. I used it for an abs and calves workout and it is just what i need. Nothing to severe, but enough to help me out through the workout. There are no jitters, no tingling, just a healthy energized feeling, similar to drinking a vitamin water, but more awake and way less sugar.

danifitness01's Rating
Lemon Lime

This is only my second time trying out a pre workout energizer, this one was way better then the last one. Definitely made a difference during my workout session. Usually I find that I get bored during my cardio, I run out of distractions and start watching the time as I get annoyed by the speed LOL, well with this stuff I was in a zone where I just wanted to keep going and speed up. It kept me concentrated, motivated and energized all through my workout routine! Will be using this pre workout energizer again!! I look forward to tomorrow! However the taste is a bit icky but reminds me of ice tea, but not a big issue for me considering the benefits I got out of it!

ccmarks's Rating
Acai Berry

Taste: 2/10 Sorry guys but for me the taste was near terrible. I drank it but it was in a fast fashion to get it all down. Mixed it in 8oz cold water and drank 20 minutes before my workout. Mixability: 4/10 I had a hard time getting it to mix..I do not have a shaker cup but that had never been a problem with any other preworkout I have used. It only mixed about 40% and I still had alot of lumps left in it. Edit: The second sample I used I mixed up about 10 minutes before I was going to drink it..I stirred it a few times then left it sit..when I came back to it was about 90% dissolved. Energy: 7/10 For a nonstim preworkout mix I was pleasantly suprised. I did wake me up and I set a PR on my bench.

booneman77's Rating
Lemon Lime

Taste on this was a bit rough... I'm not picky about taste and it was a chug me fast type of pre which was made even more difficult due to the awful mixability of this (clumpy). Might need some time to sit (like a bcaa) but that's a bit of a pain. For me this is just not product. I didn't see any additional focus, drive, endurance, etc from this. An unfortunate and rare miss for the VEGA team.