Vega Sport Performance Protein Reviews

DoronELD's Rating

It feels like drinking sand. Very gritty. Unpleasant taste

determine8r's Rating
Chocolate

Vega protein is a great tasting natural plant based protein supplement. I love the flavor, it has a great real chocolate taste, and mixes very smooth. I've tried alot of plant based protein products, and there is no equal to VEGA. This stuff rocks. I recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to whey or other protein supplements.

RoadPigJohn's Rating
Mocha

A strong candidate to win the battles of Vegan proteins today. Much better taste and mixability than the Raw Protein. Taste like cappuccino. I had to add some extra packets of stevia to it to get me in the right mood. Everyone is different so some people my add more stevia or less. I used 3 packets of it to make the taste a little bit more tasteful to me. So it goes the same as when you prepare coffee that you add more or less extra sugar to it. This protein kept me full for 3 hours and I used for my lunch time at work. I would recommend it to everyone looking to go the Vegan way and want to try something different that your every day whey protein. 10 out of 10 in my book.

VegasRocker's Rating
Mocha

Got the opportunity to review this protein from Vega (thanks Robert and Karen, awesome reps!). I am not Vegan but wanted to compare this vs my traditional Whey and Casein proteins. First off, the taste profiles are amazing. I am using the Mocha currently which is my favorite but have tried Vanilla and Chocolate and both are great as well. The texture is very satisfying and in my opinion just right compared to Whey (very thin) and Casein (very thick). The ingredient profile is impressive and it boasts a high serving of BCAA's and Glutamine. One thing I notice when I started using this, is I was not as bloated as I usually feel during the day when using my other proteins. This is due possibly to the non dairy formula or the alkalinity digestive condition this promotes. I definitely see a place for Vega's Sport Protein in my supplement regimen and am already planning on incorporating it as a healthy breakfast protein alternative. On a side note, I tried the Vega Sport Bars as well and for the same reasons, highly recommend them as well..

Jolly077's Rating

I've tried the chocolate and the mocha flavor, and they do not have an awful taste for me. It's been a month that I've tried Vega Sport , and I am enjoying this protein. I add water, ice, and a banana for an extra kick. I truly recommend this protein!

jeffjones1332's Rating

Like the VEGA ONE all-in-one nutritional shake,not a huge fan of the taste.As with the other,very earthy/natural tasting,not gross,just not for me.But as the all-in-one,great profile,and love the fact that they have BCAA's in them so I don't have to take them seperately.Low fat,low carb,low sugar,26g protein per serving,and all natural ingredients,if the taste was a bit better I would consider adding this to my daily regimen.Mixes good and thick with no clumps.Overall,great product.The Mocha is the best of the three,I mixed it with non fat greek yogurt and a little milk and it tasted just like Mocha,not too strong or weak,but could be a tad stronger.

theactualcrap's Rating
Vanilla

I've been using this protein for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. I can genuinely say that I am also seeing better gains using this protein than I ever did using a whey isolate, for some reason. Granted, that could be due to a change in my workouts and how heavy I attempt to lift now versus when I was using the whey, but nonetheless, I am growing stronger. I recommend and will continue to buy. Just wish it was 10 bucks cheaper!

YouMadOrMirin's Rating
Vanilla

Only problem I had was I used a protein shaker for it and needed a lot of water before it would dissolve mostly. Liked the Vanilla flavor a lot, definitely a good protein powder overall.

idk565's Rating
Vanilla

High-quality protein with great taste! 26g of protein, 5g of BCAA, and 5g of Glutamine? Can't beat that!

SLynn46's Rating
Chocolate

Good product, good profile. Taste was a little off for me though, not bad, just not what I expected. Mixed well though.

Deluz's Rating
Chocolate

I have had a PEA Protein in the past and I found this one to be superior for a plant based product. PEA mixes very thick, and therefore it is very nice for a thick and refreshing shake or mixed up in a bowl to make a pudding. The chocolate had a very good after taste, and mixed with no problems besdies being very thick. The overall nutrient profile gives you a great amount of protein per serving with a few grams of fat and carbs as well. For the price, macros, and overall taste this is a great product and I would reccomend.

NoobSaibot10's Rating
Vanilla

I've always had trouble digesting whey so I made the switch to this. I've noticed good results so far, although the taste is really not that good. It's growing on me but I can't say I liked it at all the first shake I made. These days ingredients are more important to me than taste though.

13emmaj's Rating
Vanilla

I started using this protein powder because the regular Whey Isolate made me breakout so much! and as soon as I switched to this I completely stopped and my skin became clear again. I love the vanilla flavor, if you mix it with almond milk and let it stand a little bit it becomes like whip cream, it's delicious. I highly recommend this!

jendroy's Rating
Chocolate

jendroy did not leave a written review for this product.

AsiaGirl27's Rating

The Mocha flavor tastes just like Mocha coffee. I try to avoid caffeine so this is a good substitute.

FattDaddy84's Rating
Vanilla

I am definitely loving the taste of this with unsweetened almond millk. It mixes great in the blender. I will definitely be taking a break from Whey as I have switched to a pescatarian diet. I may go back to whey but i'm not sure.

08022011's Rating
Chocolate

i love this company, and this protein supplement . i add less water and make vegan protein pudding with it.

littlemissavi's Rating
Chocolate

Love love love this product. This powder tastes yummy (a little chalky but MUCH less chalky than other big brands) plus it contains a really generous dose of BCAA's/Amino Acids which you don't get in a lot of protein powders. This greatly reduces the number of products I have to purchase and mix myself. The only reason why I gave this product an 8 instead of a 10 is - 1) It only cotains 23 servings. Seriously, when every other sports supplement contains 30 servings, why can Vega not match that for ease of use in a diet plan. It sucks having to order this product seperate to the rest, and pay extra postage. 2) The cost. The price per serve is insane compared to other protein powders, and definitely does not fit into the average budget.

emmariana's Rating
Chocolate

emmariana did not leave a written review for this product.

tdinino's Rating

This is a great protein that is soy, dairy and gluten free (meets my dietary needs). It also has BCAA's and glutamine to help in my post workout recovery. This is a staple in my supplement program.