Vega Sport Performance Protein Reviews

7.9
7.8

OVOYasir's Rating
Vanilla

This protein is misleading and false advertisement! Don't be distracted by the 30g of protein and 6g of bcaa per serving that they dangle in your face. IT IS NOT A COMPLETE PROTEIN!!! In order to get a plant based complete protein YOU MUST COMBINE A GRAIN (ex. rice protein, quinoa protein) WITH A LEGUME OR NUT (pea protein, pumpkin seed protein, etc.). Perfect example rice and beans, peanut butter sandwich, bean and corn chilli etc. This protein powder only consists of pea protein and seed protein lacking the grains that it requires to make it a complete protein. I took this protein for 5 months and lost my gains because I was under the impression it was a complete protein until I did my research. I now take vanilla rice protein and mix it with pea protein or vanilla pumpkin seed protein and people don't believe me when I say that I'm vegan. Another alternative is Now Foods Plant Protein Complex. Its Pea protein/Rice protein and Quinoa protein/Hemp protein. Best combinations for vegan complete proteins

DHowardTX's Rating
Chocolate

Being a vegetarian, I need to find a good protein powder but I just can't take the taste. It's just disgusting.

frederique2012's Rating

I really like this vegan protein powder: it mixes well, taste good (Both vanilla & chocolate flavors), doesn't make me feel bloated either. Very satisfied with this product!

Julesvars's Rating
Mocha

One of the best tasting VEGA Sports Performance Proteins. Super easy to make just add cold water & shake, no blending necessary. This is my go-to protein that I never get sick of! I like plant-based protein even tho I am not a vegetarian, because I find it gets absorbed quickly with less side effects. Whey doesn't sit well with my stomach, so I opt for vegetable based protein powder and it's AWESOME.

AbsFarmer's Rating
Berry

I like the simple ingredients and the great taste! I put it in water or kale smoothies and it works well with each.

cubicleking's Rating

Really like these protein supplements. Almost complete. Still I add a natural whey and casein to my diet. Like when it's on sale.

snowwhite007's Rating
Vanilla

The vanilla is absolutely delicious! I only mix it with almond milk, that's all it needs. I look forward to drinking it after each workout. I highly recommend it. The chocolate is also delicious but compared to the vanilla it isn't as good. Sometimes I will mix the 2 together to get more of a creamy chocolate flavor which is supper yum!. I love Vega proteins and the sport is my absolute favorite. You can't go wrong.

Wlfdg's Rating
Chocolate

I've used both vanilla and chocolate. Both taste like artificial sweeteners. I've added fruit flavored drinks and honey to the vanilla which didn't effect the flavor at all. I've added peanut butter and frozen berries to the chocolate which had no effect on the artificial sweetener flavor either.

noamhadadi's Rating

noamhadadi did not leave a written review for this product.

alejita50's Rating
Vanilla

Best plant base protein I've had. Surprisingly it mixes very well in a shaker; I don't need to blend it. The taste is great and it keeps me full for quite some time. I love it!

vabynautiyal's Rating
Berry

Clean protein source, although taste is not as good as Whey Protein but taste does not really matter to me when I see good results. Recovery is amazing and it does not bloats you like Whey. A bit expensive but really worth it.

raindropx's Rating

raindropx did not leave a written review for this product.

Mjaxz's Rating

Berry. Very good. Only protein I can stomach. No gas Suns. Awesome taste.

JoeTinpan's Rating

I have tried all of the flavors of this protein and most of them are good but I did not like chocolate that much. The blend itself is fantastic. It is an excellent profile and even has the necessary amount of Leucine in it to help stimulate MPS if that is your goal. I like all of the extra that are included in it as well. The BCAA's, the turmeric, the tart cherry, the probiotics (although I somewhat question this one), are all great proven additions. The only bad thing is the mixability. Vega needs to figure out how to get this to mix better without you having to actually put it into a blender. If I put it in my shaker cup, its a mess and a lot of dry product as well that gets stuck everywhere. Other than the mixability, which I can deal with to an extent, I would definitely recommend this product.

woodblack14's Rating
Chocolate

Could not finish one serving. Absolutely the worst tasting protein I've ever tried.

AutumnDawnD's Rating
Vanilla

I love this product, it gives Vegetarians, Vegans and the like a great source of protein with 5,000 BCAA and 25 g protein per scoop. Stevia is used instead of sugar alcohol which I prefer, no bitter taste either :) One thing that may bother some is that it is a little grainy but that does not bother me at all. Mix with either water or milk and tastes great!

gregallen9227's Rating
Vanilla

Clean source of plant-based protein with a good amino profile. I take 1 scoop with 8-10 oz. of low fat milk and it tastes pretty decent with no after-taste. Doesn't mix particularly well and has a gritty texture—tends to separate if you don't drink fast enough. Wouldn't recommend taking with water since the texture and flavor worsens.

DoronELD's Rating

It feels like drinking sand. Very gritty. Unpleasant taste

determine8r's Rating
Chocolate

Vega protein is a great tasting natural plant based protein supplement. I love the flavor, it has a great real chocolate taste, and mixes very smooth. I've tried alot of plant based protein products, and there is no equal to VEGA. This stuff rocks. I recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to whey or other protein supplements.

RoadPigJohn's Rating
Mocha

A strong candidate to win the battles of Vegan proteins today. Much better taste and mixability than the Raw Protein. Taste like cappuccino. I had to add some extra packets of stevia to it to get me in the right mood. Everyone is different so some people my add more stevia or less. I used 3 packets of it to make the taste a little bit more tasteful to me. So it goes the same as when you prepare coffee that you add more or less extra sugar to it. This protein kept me full for 3 hours and I used for my lunch time at work. I would recommend it to everyone looking to go the Vegan way and want to try something different that your every day whey protein. 10 out of 10 in my book.