Universal Nutrition Real Gains Reviews

Strawberry Ice Cream
Chocolate Mint

JamesF15's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Best mass gainer on the market for its price. Mixes better than most. Not a bad taste and doesn't leave me bloated or with bad gas. Has helped me gain 20 pounds (with the help of dieting right.)

deantaplin's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

I used this whilst doing Jim Stoppani's 12 weeks shortcut to size program and went from a skinny 164lb to a more muscular 180lb. I hadn't trained seriously for over a year so that probably explained some of the muscle gain but this protein powder is good if you're like me and struggle to gain weight and muscle. I had 3 scoops per serving, one mid-morning, one post-workout and another in the evening. I like the ingredient list, it is pretty clean and doesn't have any nasty additives. I like the taste. I've tried both the cookies and cream and chocolate ice cream. It mixes pretty well. It leaves a few small lumps in the shaker if you go for the full 3 scoops at a time, but 2 scoops there are no issues. No bloating either. I now use it mostly to maintain weight as either a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. I'd recommend you give this product a go if you're looking to bulk up.

bddrew25's Rating
Banana Ice Cream

No. No. No. Don't do as I did and listen to the people that rate the banana ice cream flavor a 9 or 10 and say it "tastes amazing". The only way that this will taste amazing to you is if you love the taste and texture of pure flour. That's essentially what this product is. It's banana flavored flour. I have no doubt that the other flavors are more of the same. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more on something else, or at the very least, choose any other flavor than banana ice cream. Banana ice cream is godawful and I can't even give it away to any friends because nobody wants it!

TimC19's Rating
Banana Ice Cream

I have been using this product for about 2 months now and since I started weight training I've gained about 10 pounds. People may say that when you cut you can't gain muscle and that's a lie I eat about 2,500 calories now instead of 3-4 thousand a day. And ever since I started training i've went from 155lbs to 165lbs. This is a very good product if you are willing to put on mass.

xmarksthespot18's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

I don't like this gainer as much as I used to. When using the blender bottle, lumps and clumps of dried powder form. I'm also sick of the taste. It was good at filling me up and keeping me full overnight but I need a change of taste now.

FarmBlood's Rating

Like everything with Universal, does what it says. Take it as directed, especially post workout and right before bed, it works. No bloating, mixable, not overdone on flavor. I add a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt to mine. Recommended.

enfueg0H's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

I have been using Universal Nutrition Real Gains, Chocolate Ice Cream for about a year now. This product works. Prior to using Real Gains I had hit a plateau in personal gains. That all ended after I addressed my workout routine and started using Universal Nutrition Real Gains as my protein supplement. One year later I have packed on 20 lbs of lean muscle while maintaining a 13% Body Fat. I have been extremely happy with this product and recommend it to all of my FitFam swolejas who want a mass gainer that tastes great, shakes easily, and produces results period.

janeirombullard's Rating

This product is pretty good especially for the price, great taste, very mixable, and dint cause bloating or any uncomfortable side effects.

Emmanuel1919's Rating

Emmanuel1919 did not leave a written review for this product.

matman008's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Chocolate Ice Cream mixes better (with both milk and water) and has a better taste than the previous one I have used. I am NOT a fan of the bag however and would prefer the bucket as in the picture.

enfuegOH's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I have been using Universal Nutrition Real Gains, Cookies & Cream for about a year now. This product works. Prior to using Real Gains I had hit a plateau in personal gains. That all ended after I addressed my workout routine and started using Universal Nutrition Real Gains as my protein supplement. One year later I have packed on 35 lbs of lean muscle while maintaining a 13% Body Fat. I have been extremely happy with this product and recommend it to all of my FitFam swolejas who want a mass gainer that tastes great, shakes easily, and produces results period.

HyAKTC's Rating
Cookies & Cream

The Flavour has a weird odour to it after shaking. Good as a normal protein if reducing the serving size. You will put on weight if you use this so make sure to not cut off on any sort of exercising.

dondraper83's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

This product works great. Taste of vanilla is very good. The Mix is not the best. I shake it up for about 60 seconds. I use the spider shaker along with an additional shaker piece. Well worth it. I noticed some of you are saying you did not gain any weight..... Are you meeting your minimum Calorie intake along with this added too it? (Very Important) Are you being consistent with taking the product along with working out 3-5 days, very little cardio? You can not half *** and expect results. I was able to put on 15 lbs first time around.

KhaledAhmed88's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Woow! Just amazing product about gaining weight and muscle. You have to try it! worth it.

DawgStrong44's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

DawgStrong44 did not leave a written review for this product.

Bahgathafez's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

As a skinny fat it wasn't effective

cjc219's Rating
Banana Ice Cream

Very useful for the on the go and better than junk food, which I was using to meet my carb requirements. It is definitely a to go to product if you are a hard gainer or just need extra calories.

kingjordan3's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Love this weight gainer! if your looking to put on weight and mass quick this is the product to go with! I would drink one in morning and one after I would lift. Within the first two weeks i gained 9 pounds. The one thing I didn't like was that it didn't mix well in the shaker bottle so I switched to a blender. Overall a very well weight gainer!

wilsonmp's Rating

After using it for a month I wouldn't say it gave me "real" gains, but some moderate ones. I gained something around 1 kg ( 2.2 pounds). However, since I am very thin I as expecting faster and more impressive results. It is not bad, because I am an ectomorph and gaining weight without taking this was even harder, but, as a said I was expecting a little more.

SwedishBro's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

I started weight lifting at the beginning of the summer, then I weighed 150 lbs. Gained 3lbs from lifting through June and July (wasn't taking lifting seriously), and about in august I realized that the school year was almost upon me, I bought Real Gains (10.6lbs) from bodybuilding that night, and increased my lifts to twice a day every 6 days. Although I got alot of crap for lifting twice a day, I saw great improvements. My chest swelled up nicely, and my biceps became huge. I don't contribute all that to taking this, if you don't lift and take this it will just give you titties. But Real Gains put in just as much work as I did. Now its three weeks into my junior year and I'm 162 lbs. I stopped the 2-a-days and I am the strongest looking I ever have been. And I seem to have put on next to no fat, I wrestle and to me its real important to be lean. I will be back for more, I am about 2/3 done with the bag (3 scoops a day).