Universal Nutrition Real Gains Reviews

Good
Strawberry Ice Cream
Banana Ice Cream

vinrock30's Rating

Best gainer! This my 3rd bag already. Chocolate ice cream is the best flavor!!! It Mixes easily, the consistency is so thin its like you're just drinking a water, and you wont feel bloated at all. I suggest you buy the 10 lbs bag because it includes multivitamins. I take this during breakfast and after workout. Highly recommended!

Dominickramirez's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

This is a great all around gainer! It hits all angels real gains is complete, 52 g protein, 600 calories, carb complex. It's not a thick shake and doesn't leave you feel ing so full like serious mass. Mixes great and taste great. Good product for all your hard gainers. You can easily drink 2 to 3 a day and still eat regularly

FitBowhunter's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Now I've only been using this for about a week now, but I absolutely love it so far! The taste is amazing! Mixes very well with just water, no clumps. I have gained 8 lbs. measuring at the same time of day a week later. I don't expect to see gains in lifting weight this early yet, but eventually I'm sure they'll come. I have noticed I'm not nearly as sore as before I was taking this. This stuff doesn't make you feel bloated or make you gassy, it's almost just like eating a small meal and continuing on with your day. Overall great results so far!

ebless911's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Way overpriced like all mass gainers, but it gets the job done.

michaeltrapani's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

I was recommended this Gainer from one of the Bodybuilding.com staff members and so I thought I would give it a try. I just finished the 4.8 kg, taking it religiously and working out 4 days a week. I didn't gain one pound, it made me lose my appetite throughout the day, and the flavour wasn't all that great. Yeah it tasted like chocolate, but with a hint a plastic. Would not recommend. Everybody is different though.

harleyawkerman's Rating

I haven't tried this I was planning on checking it out but my question is why is it that only the 10 lb bag has extra vitamins that the 3 and 6 lb bag does not? I tried a sample pack that was 1/3 of a serving then I dropped my shaker then caught it half way and spilt half but it did take good and I have nothing bad to say that why I put an 8 rating

fuerzamacho's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

The best lean gainer I ever tried and I have tryied a lot! Very lean gains and excelent taste and the Price really worth it! I just bought my 4th bag of 10.6lb and for sure I will do it again when I finish this one! Try it!

sclark911's Rating

Obviously if you are reading you are an educated buyer who is careful with your money. I'll make this short and sweet. This stuff is almost identical in taste, mixability and results as Optimum's Pro Complex gainer. Do yourself a favor, save the extra $20 you would have spent for the ON brand name and get this one.

edrickramos's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Real gains is the real deal. Very good lean weight gainer with excellent flavors to choose from. I take this product twice a day to supplement protein and caloric needs. Great product.

dsbarfield's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I absolutely love this. I use to be a muscletech fan but mass tech is way too over priced and not enough servings. Plus it made me feel like crap and tired after drinking. I turned to universal a year ago. They've been around since the arnold days and there's a reason for that. This gainer mixes extremely well. Even after taking I can eat a ginormous meal and still feel great. On days post workout and off days first thing in the morning with an animal pak and stak. I've tried other gainers but this one has done the trick for me. Went from 180 to 225 in 6 months. Food helped also. Strength and weight gain have been phenomenal. I have and will recommend all universal and animal products. Not over hyped like most companies these days. You want good ole mass and muscle stick with the old school guys.

mippolito21's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

Vanilla Ice Cream was absolutely delicious, no protein I've used since or before has tasted so good! This helped me get in those extra carbs and protein servings on busy days during my first bulk. Using this for roughly 3 months, I put on a total of 10 lbs. Wouldn't use it again myself as I mix my own now, but I DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone looking for a good gainer.

yigitcan's Rating

It was horrible comparing to another weightgainer i used

TRprimate's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I like this gainer as a post workout shake. That's when I take it and I think the macros are great for that time. I've tried chocolate mint, banana, and cookies and cream and like chocolate mint the best. The price is also good. The reason I take a gainer is to add calories on top of my whole food meals so I don't want it to be filling or feel heavy in my stomach, which this gainer doesn't. I usually take it 15-30 mins after a workout and I can usually eat a meal about 1-2 hours after the shake. Sometimes it doesn't mix too well so I would say a blender ball is required or a blender.

disbrendan's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I'm a big fan of this weight gainer. I'm on my third 10lb bag, after gaining 10lbs of body weight from my first bag. I must say that much of the reason I gained 10lbs while supplementing this product is that I also ate a sh*t ton. If you want to see noticeable gains you'll need more than just this! EAT MORE FOOD. However this is a good option when you're pressed for time and looking for quality macros. Cookies and cream is delicious. Banana was a little sweet.

EzE84's Rating

I can give this rating because I have pro complex gainer to compare it to. I tried Universal for the price and serving amount because ON is so expensive. Turns out it was one of the worst supplement mistakes i have made. 1st it doesnt mix very well in a shaker. I wouldnt think it would be possible for this much powder to mix well if I didnt already try the compkex gainer which mixed beautifully. Also I have actaully lost weight on this. On the complex gainer I think I gained 2 to 3 lbs this far in. Obviously you can see where im going here. I miss ON like an ex girlfriend i cant get over. Guess you get what you pay for.

quiknutz's Rating

Real Gains... Means just that!!! Taste 10/10 I tried cookies & cream. The taste is crazy, definitely better than the others i tried. I mixed it with ice cold whole milk and mmm mmm good. It taste like a good ol oreo milkshake. Ease of Mixing 10/10 As far as weight gainers go, this mixes better than any other I've used. I used a blender bottle when mixing and it does not leave large clumps of powder, unlike other gainers. Value 10/10 Real gains is one of the best values - no joke. This has a great nutrition profile especially for the price. Caseins are added as well which help to the point of value. I always see 10.6lbs for 49.99!!! Overall 10/10 This is a solid weight gainer. I add peanut butter,fresh ground oats and a banana for a knockout gainer. Before this i started at 198lbs and when i finished it i was a solid 205lbs. I need to order some more and a new Universal shirt since its gettin small, lol!!!

cody3823's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Bought this product a month ago mostly because of how much you can get for about the same price as some other brands of protein and I saw it was universal brand and decided I had to try it for sure. Purchased the chocolate ice cream flavor and when I got it in I mixed it up in my shaker bottle but I couldn't find my steel ball that goes in there so I assumed it would be thick and chunky. Boy was I wrong it mixed extremely well I was super surprised every other protein I've had was chunky so I thought they all must be like that and so I just accepted the fact that it would be chunky. Great product mixes extremely well, taste great, and I have out on about 7-10 pounds thus far. Would highly recommend it. I'll be ordering my next bag soon

ImperfectHero's Rating
Chocolate Ice Cream

Universal Real Gains is a great protein for putting on muscle. I put on 25lbs of lean muscle while using this product. I will continue to use anytime I seek to put on muscle. The taste is average, not the best or the worst. It does mix very well.

geghart's Rating

I have been using this product for the past 2 years, I have tried almost all the good proteins that have little gainers in them by far this is my favorite with no side affects ( stomach problems , gas......) I cant really say my gains are cuz of this product because I do eat and i have been working out pretty hard but i could say that after I work out at nights, i take this I dont have to worry about eating and one in the morning (usually left over from night) and gives me a full satisfied feeling

MacMcCabe2's Rating

Good results from when I tired this but I personally did not enjoy the taste. Didn't mix like I was used too. But overall it fueled my gains.