SciVation Xtend Reviews

7.3
Orange Dream
1-20 of 2,223 Reviews

Rebekah21Milian's Rating

Rebekah21Milian did not leave a written review for this product.

robert5891's Rating
Mango Nectar

First off, THANK YOU TO NEBinAK, IlliniTrack800m and all the Scivation/Primaforce Reps on the boards!!! I was one of the winners in the “Scivation Xtend Thanksgiving Promo” ([url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165198991[/url]) they sponsored. It couldn't have shown up at a better time as I had just finished my 90 serving tub of CL's Purple Wraath (purple lemonade flavor) and an 8 serving tub of Ergogenix’s ErgoChain (pineapple mango flavor). I workout fasted first thing in the morning, so having a bcaa or bcaa/eaa supplement as my intra-workout greatly helps with my training sessions. Profile: 10/10 7 g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 proven ratio with some added goodies in the form of electrolytes, glutamine and citrulline malate which will help with stamina and endurance during the workout. Bonus point for having an open label, this is greatly appreciated! Mixability: 10/10 No issues whatsoever with clumps, lumps, residue, foam etc. Added 1 scoop to 20 – 24 oz of water in a shaker bottle and after 5-10 seconds of shaking there were no mixability issues. Taste: 9/10 Based on the recommendations of several reviews and the Scivation Reps themselves, I opted for the Mango Nectar (of the gods) flavor. I usually a fan of lemon or lemon/lime flavored pre's and intra's as I tend to not want something too sweet while I'm working out and sipping on something during my rests in between sets of exercises, so I was hesitant that this may be too sweet for my tastes. That being said, mango nectar was GREAT! I’d rank it as one of the best tasting supplements I've ever tried. Halfway through my workout when I have about 10-12 oz of Xtend left in my shaker bottle I fill it to the top (another 10-12 oz of water) and the flavor is a little more mellow, but the taste still comes through. It’s not too sweet and is really refreshing to sip on during rests in between sets/exercises. Extra Credit: Scooper right on top! No having to shake the tub or go digging around with a utensil inside of the tub to dig out the scooper. BIG PLUS FOR ME! THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU for this! Dosing: Used as directed on the bottle as 1 scoop for each of the training sessions that I tried it with 20-24 oz of water consumed during my workout. I’d mix it up when I drank my pre-workout and let it hang out in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to get nice and cold while prepping my lunch for the day and waiting for the pre-workout to kick in. Overall effectiveness: 10/10 As stated before, working out fasted, a BCAA or BCAA/EAA supplement is almost a must during my early AM workouts. I’ve been using Xtend for approximately 2 weeks now, and have noticed increased stamina, endurance, and especially recovery since starting to use it. It has definitely helped me push through my workouts. I tend to typically do higher volume routines (24 sets give or take) and the reduction in the amount of DOMS is markedly improved as is strength during the actual workouts. I need to get around to trying some of the other flavors as I'm particularly interested in trying the Pink Lemonade and Lemon Lime sour flavors! Again THANK YOU to NEBinAK, IlliniTrack800m and all the Scivation/Primaforce Reps on the boards for selecting me as a winner and allowing me to try out one of the tried and true industry standards when it comes to intra-workout supplements. Link to forum review (w/ pics): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165585661

RoadPigJohn's Rating

Team SciVation developed another excellent product with an exquisite and refreshing flavor like Grape Scape. Xtend is a surge of extra stamina while working out. At the moment you intake I you start to feel the recuperation process and hydration that you need during workout. This is a most have for people that require a supplement during endurance kind of training like lifting weights, running, boxing, swimming among many others. I'll give a 10 out of 10.

moon90's Rating
Green Apple Explosion

Taste is phenomenal and great intra-workout. Helped keep me going during my intense leg workout. Highly recommend this product.

banjo2008's Rating

Love this product! I think Xtend is one of the best BCAA's on the market. I especially like the Watermelon Madness and the Mango flavors.

TiBiiscuit's Rating

Greatest BCAA on the market ! I will never buy another BCAA now, taste great. mix very well. I did not enjoy the Orange Dream flavor, the taste was too strong for me haha !

gpipin's Rating

I love this product. I think it is the best BCAA I have ever tried. I loved the strawberry kiwi flavor. The only reason why I didn't give it a 10 is that sometimes it doesn't mix so well... But I would certainly recommend it, especially considering its high concentration of leucine. UPDATE: just tried the Mango flavor. It is delicious! But strawberry kiwi is still my favorite.

marcgatien's Rating
Watermelon Madness

I've been using this product for over a year and I it has been a great addition to my workouts. Keeps me hydrated and having something sweet in between sets is a nice little reward UPDATE: Just tried the Mango Flavor. It's a little more sour and Watermelon is definitely more sweet. Both are good, just depends on your preference

Healthspiration's Rating

I purchased the product based on the reviews. Upon opening the bottle, I was greeted with a pleasant smell, and it mixed nicely with water, (big plus), and it tasted great. I did not like the aftertaste. During my workout, I got a sudden surge of energy, which was great, however, I began feeling overheated and nauseous a few minutes later. Post workout, I was completely drained. I suppose my reaction was adverse, because I was very well hydrated prior to taking it, and I did not do anything out of the ordinary.

BellaVita918's Rating

Xtend will always be my favorite BCAA's the taste is absolutely AMAZING and the nutrition profile is just right. The price is also extremely affordable.

cleaner1's Rating
Mango Nectar

cleaner1 did not leave a written review for this product.

ivankosenko1's Rating
Mango Nectar

ivankosenko1 did not leave a written review for this product.

mightymouse315's Rating
Mango Nectar

I had the chance to finally try Xtend after hearing so much about it. As soon as I opened the bottle it smelled great. I poured a scoop in and it mixed really well without any clumps or leftovers in the bottom. The taste and flavor is delicious, definitely the best tasting BCAA I have had to date, hands down. It has great texture, yummy taste, just the right sweetness, it is almost too good like I having juice or something. I like to drink my BCAA’s during my workouts to help with recovery but I think I will add this also first thing in the morning as well to prevent muscle breakdown. I have had great results with Xtend in maintaining muscle mass while cutting. I am quite impressed with this product and count me in for my next order.

TylerTrogdon's Rating
Strawberry Kiwi

TylerTrogdon did not leave a written review for this product.

kellyarizona's Rating

The mango is insanely good! I fel like I am cheating on my diet and having a snapple or something similar.

CaliFitGirl's Rating
Mango Nectar

I purchased this product after reading all of the great reviews here on BB.com. Unfortunately this is not the product for me - I tried just 1/3 of a scoop in 24 ounces of water. The taste is great at first but a very artificial aftertaste. Halfway through my workout I felt dizzy, more sweaty than usual almost to the point of throwing up and had to stop my workout. One of the ingredients obviously does not agree with me. Unfortunately I will have to send this back...

vero282's Rating
Mango Nectar

vero282 did not leave a written review for this product.

Kathleen Tesori's Rating
Green Apple Explosion

I drink this just about every day before and during my training. This product is so tasty - perfect texture, taste and sweetness. Too hard to completely describe but you will not be disappointed. I use this BCAA and NLA for HER. I enjoy having variety. I combine BCAAAs and L-Carnitine before cardio sessions or workouts. I drink BCAAs to prevent the breakdown of muscle. Most of the time I am dieting or just on a lower calorie intake to keep a lean shredded physique for events. Even though I am dieting and on a lower calorie meal plan I still need to go to the gym and work hard. While dieting and working hard at the gym you risk losing muscle because your body may breakdown the muscle to use it as energy to help get it through the workout. BCAAs help prevent this breakdown cycle and also helps with fatigue.

nrcreate's Rating
Strawberry Kiwi

Well, I had just written my review on this product, and there was an error in my submission so I guess I have to start over but shorter this time... Basically this is a great product, I personally love it. I have MD, and I need any product that can give me a book and/or help with recovery. With this product I can definitely see a difference in myself of when I take it vs when I do not. I am fairly new to supplements but the price seems fair to me.Thumbs up from me!

Cballach's Rating
Mango Nectar

Cballach did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 2,223 Reviews