Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Reviews

Loaded with 1,250 Calories, 250g of Carbs, & 25 Vitamins and Minerals to Pack on Pounds*

Good
Banana
7.7

SFBodybuilder's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I had to review this. This amazing product put 5.8lbs on my ectomorph frame in 8 days! Which is a miracle for me to gain any weight at all. Every time I was shaking this up in my shaker I was singing "It's peanut butter jelly time!" I loved the flavor Chocolate peanut butter. The flavor kept reminding me of a caramel fudge sundae, it was awesome. I had no problem with those massive scoops. I've tried other proteins where they make me put 4 scoops and it comes out to be about the same amount. My only complaint is that they don't offer a 12lb of this flavor. I did start off getting very bloated and gassy, but it wasn't as much the more I drank this product. I would highly, highly recommend this to any hard gainer.

Jpettersson20's Rating
Chocolate

Absolutely love this stuff. I have a hard time gaining weight and this has change that for me. The taste is a really good solid chocolate ( I've tried a lot of chocolate proteins). I was at 170 for about a year and couldn't add mass even while training hard 5-6 times a week about an hour or so per day. Finally i started to up my calories and gained about 3 pounds in 6 months, then i bought serious mass and I'm at 182 in two months. So yes its actually works and i would recommend to anyone who has the same problem as i do. I split the serving in half and take it twice a day and once on non training days.

joepetro's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

THis does exactly what it advertises. Puts on weight, be careful because you you really need to workout to burn off those extra carbs or it goes straight to your stomach.

absolutone's Rating
Chocolate

This was one of my first GO-TO gainers. I really hated the 2 heaping scoops required for 1250 calories, 50g protein, 252g carbs, and loaded with tons of fillers. Not to mention 50g of sugar. So in my wallet this was an affordable weight gainer, but the aftermath after finishing 2 twelve pound bag was I gained about 14lbs but not pure musle, haha, more like my body fat % rose. I shredded down 14lb to 7 lbs, and my BF% dropped. This is not a clean bulk, I got what I paid for. Size and no definition. I recommend it if you like ch****ing down chunks or whey because this does not mix well! Even with water, it doesn't mix well. You'll need a electric blender for 2 heaping scoops. PROS: affordable. CONS: doesn't mix well, gain fat

Mitcharp's Rating

I have yet to have a negative experience with any optimum nutrition product. It tastes great! It's easy to mix into a smoothie, and it has a great consistency. I love that when I have this product after a workout and before bed, I wake up not feeling sore. This is one of the best indicators for me that the product is doing what it should be.

gymachine247's Rating
Chocolate

This is one of my favourite nutrition brand, I took the serious mass for around a month, and I gained 2 pound and that is overall, I like the chocolate flavour better than any other flavour, it had a great taste compare to other chocolate nutrition brands and it mixes really easy, this is an ideal nutrition if you want to put on a size.

Grande27's Rating

Grande27 did not leave a written review for this product.

garcia7366's Rating
Chocolate

garcia7366 did not leave a written review for this product.

CaseyBulldog's Rating
Chocolate

This is the best hard gainer product I've taken. I've put on 4-6 pounds in 2 weeks since taking this, and it has translated to increased energy, monster strength gains, and a big boost to my calorie intake. Its a real struggle getting above 210 pounds as a hard gainer, and supplementing a protein and carb source like this is essential when you're crammed for time. I've tried a few different gainers, and this is the best bang for the buck, and best for results. Bear in mind I've been lifting for 5 years now too

757wakeboarder's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

This stuff is perfect, I like being able to cut down to one scoop so I'm still getting a lot of carbs but not an extremely high amount of protein all at once. My only complaint is that I cannot stand the opening at the top of the container (I have the 6lb). It's so narrow you can't even get the obnoxiously large serving scoop out of it without pointing the end of it downwards and loosing the powder you scooped to put in your drink.

stevelinley's Rating

The macros are very good. My 5 stars are all based on this. The flavour is not great, and the mixability is poor! VERY lumpy. Pretty disappointing to be honest. Won't be purchasing again. Mutant Mass is far superior.

muscleric's Rating
Vanilla

Just started taking it this month, only taking one scoop so far, too soon to tell if it is working. At least I am maintaining and no longer losing weight. HOORAH!

Efoster10's Rating

This stuff is just ok. The taste isn't horrible but its not the best. When you see how they advertise it as 1200 calories and 250 carbs or whatever the macros are per serving. While this seems awesome one serving is literally 2 cups of powder which is a lot of powder. i only take 1 scoop throughout the day because there is no way i could get down 2 scoops of this stuff. Also the protein is not as high as I would like. But if you are on a budget you cannot beat the price of 12 lbs for $40 or whatever the price is. I personally like the pro complex gainer better than this. It taste better and has more protein but is a little bit more expensive.

Mohei95's Rating
Chocolate

At the beginning it makes some stomach ach and bad smell. But after 2 weeks it goes fine

bossportsfan88's Rating
Vanilla

Great product. I use it as a supplemental protein for snacks throughout the day. I use about half a scoop rather than the full serving as intended. For this purpose it works well. At higher amounts it becomes difficult to use in a shaker cup as it tends to be chunky. Using a blender reduces the amount of chunks, but often you'll have to include a lot of liquid to reduce this effect. It's a mass gainer though, so it should be expected that in order to get in a lot of calories you're going to have to consume a good amount, even if it's a protein supplement. The only downside is that the new packaging on the 12lb bag sucks and the ziplock type mechanism fails immediately after opening.

ChrisCon1984's Rating
Vanilla

ChrisCon1984 did not leave a written review for this product.

amiroslo's Rating

For me this was a bad first mass gainer experience. The taste was very awful. I tried mixing it with water/milk. The taste was not as expected. It never blends with water nor milk by shaking, I always need to use a belnder. I also get bloated and cant eat for the next few hours while I am hungry. I've been using it for month. I gained about 6kG from 55KG to 61KG. I cant wait to finish it to buy another product.

aop1702's Rating
Chocolate

aop1702 did not leave a written review for this product.

nicknack130's Rating
Vanilla

Very very chunky. I take it by the half serving (one scoop) and I have to nearly fill a (washed) Large size McDonald's cup with water to fully dissolve the powder. The macro's are all good for what I need, but the flavor and mixability are pretty bad. Also, the bag doesn't even close since the zip lock thing is broken. I don't recommend it unless you care about a sh*t load of carbs and protein for the price of a few grams of saturated fats and don't care about the flavor.

distanceforever's Rating

Have been taking this product for 5 Months already and has given me more mass the scoop is huge and not easily consumed by the average person, other than that this product will give you mass, I recommend the 12LB