Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Reviews

Loaded with 1,250 Calories, 250g of Carbs, & 25 Vitamins and Minerals to Pack on Pounds*

Good
7.6
6.8
Strawberry
Chocolate Peanut Butter
7.5
7.7

bassjacka's Rating

Let me start by saying this product does what it is supposed to do - gains mass. I'm a hard gainer and managed to gain 4lb taking this over the course of a week (I was eating lots of food too). I doubt I will buy this product again however, for various reasons. Firstly, the suggested serving size is ridiculous, it doesn't even fit inside a shaker. I'd stick to one scoop and 400ml of milk or water. Secondly, as this product contains a lot of simple carbs, it did make me feel drained after drinking one. And thirdly, I experienced ridiculous amounts of bloating! I was having one shake in the morning, one in the afternoon and one before bed. Although I did eat a lot of food too, it was difficult to get it all down as I was so bloated. And being bloated makes for an uncomfortable workout. This product made me bloated to the point of feeling sick - not sure if that's because I opted to use milk instead of water. To summarise, if you're looking to gain a few pounds quickly then this product is decent. If you don't like feeling lethargic and bloated then I'd opt for something else.

Jessanneg's Rating
Chocolate

I have only tried the chocolate flavor to this protein powder as a recommendation and I am loving it. The taste is great, almost like drinking chocolate milk but thicker. This powder works great if you are trying to put on weight and it works really fast. I gained about 3lbs in the first week I used it taking it 3 times a day. The amount you gain depends on how much you take it, but it is a great protein powder!

rollin04's Rating

just recently started taking this so I gave it an 8 for now but it may go up as I get a little more familiar with it

Sohaib80's Rating
Chocolate

Sohaib80 did not leave a written review for this product.

lucasc91's Rating
Banana

lucasc91 did not leave a written review for this product.

Mitchellfamily's Rating
Chocolate

Well the results are undeniable, but the mixing is ridicules, my shaker cant hand the serving size. I'm on my 12th pound in 4 weeks. ive gained 10 lbs so far

Cenatiempo222's Rating

I used Serious Mass to get past a bulking plateau and it worked well. However, this stuff is too thick for a shaker bottle and you should never do more than one scoop per serving. I would blend 1 scoop with a banana, ice, water, and olive oil. The taste isn't terrible but it gets very old after awhile doing it everyday. This stuff also has A LOT of simple carbs so it will make you very lethargic after drinking. It will also bloat you because it is a lot of calories in general. All in all, it does its job as far as helping you put on mass...BUT making your own mass gainer with real food is a better option I've come to realize. & if you're going to buy a mass gainer, buy Pro Complex, at least that stuff is somewhat quality.

Rannoni13's Rating
Vanilla

It's a great weight gainer I just feel sometimes that the serving size is too big so it's a hassle to get it all down in one serving. It has helped me a lot though and the chocolate flavor is probably the best one.

mrdurf1991's Rating
Chocolate

This is a decent Mass Gainer. The chocolate flavor is rich, does take a thorough amount of time to mix the protein for how thick it is, which should be expected. I personally took 1 scoop (1/2 serving) after my workouts for the carbs and works as a great post-workout supp. I'm just dissappointed with the size of the scoop, in the 6lb tub its hard to pull the scoop out of the container because it is too large and is easy to spill if pouring scoop into a shaker cup. Macro wise this isn't the leanest of mass gainers but it wasn't intended to be. If you want something of a leaner nature, Pro Complex is a cleaner lean mass gainer by ON. This is for quick mass gains.

conorsandford's Rating
Vanilla

Overall the worst solubility I have ever had in a weight gainer protein. If you are looking for a chunky shake with unbroken pieces of powder, great bloating and the most unappealing gas and stomach ache then this might be the product for you. Thought the price would make up for it but due to the absolutely ridiculously monstrous serving size I couldn't even bring myself to choke it down. Pretty disappointed overall.

bengerritson's Rating
Strawberry

This is a really good gainer i found out about it a small supplement store in my area some really great guys that know a lot they said it was a really good gainer so i tried it and loved it the strawberry is an okay taste i use water its not the best with it but you have to blend it forever if using a blender with milk overall this is a good gainer i gained about 10 pounds in the first 10 pound bottle

ohms60's Rating
Chocolate

I use this and the ON pro weight gainer. If you use one scoop only, it's basically the same amount of calories as the Pro gainer. I like the product, but if I really wanted the 1250 calories a day, I think I'd rather use two scoops of the Pro gainer as opposed to two scoops of the Serious mass. Both work for me as far as increasing my weight. The ON Pro gainer gets a slight nod in the taste department and neither made me feel bloated or full. I use with water only.

gwat84's Rating
Vanilla

gwat84 did not leave a written review for this product.

edwinsito33's Rating
Vanilla

edwinsito33 did not leave a written review for this product.

ScottRaikkonen's Rating
Chocolate

Great powder! Tastes very good and I got good results after a week. The price is cheap but you don't get many servings out of each container. I saw a 2 pound increase in weight after a week. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Stor pulver! Smakar mycket bra och jag fick bra resultat efter en vecka. Priset är billigt men du far inte manga portioner av varje behallare. Jag sag en £ 2 viktökning efter en vecka.

NathanErcse's Rating
Vanilla

Great product in my opinion. I take about 18oz of milk and get it mixing in a blender and then add 1 scoop. I'll put in a little honey to help the taste. Put on about 10 lbs in 6 weeks. Not much fat because I still have my abs.

chrisc1212's Rating
Chocolate

Decent taste, and a quick way to get the calories in. A half serving couple times a day is sufficient, but trying to take a full serving at once is a huge task.

AngryJamesM's Rating
Banana

Great weight gainer! As a serving suggestion I suggest using only half a serving (one scoop) mixed with your favourite milk providing the ultimate milkshake taste, filling you up good & making your product last twice as long!

ebless911's Rating
Chocolate

The scoops, are literally like shovels. Waaaaaay over priced and didn't notice any gains at all.

Jesse19892000's Rating

I was 6'1 175 and after taking this for a month. I jump up to 180, most of it is muscle and some fat. But I still look lean and see my six pack. Good for someone that is bulking for the winter.