Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer Reviews

Over 600 Calories and 60g of Protein and Complex Carbs to Get Big*

Cookies & Cream - Exclusive!
7.7
Strawberry Cream

ReaperOU812's Rating
Double Chocolate

Just the right ratio of carbs & protein for me.

khalid2222's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

The banana cream pie is a decent flavor without the chemical after taste. i would rate this product a 10 but the gram readings are in correct for sure. I have meausred the servings many times and you get between 100-115 grams per serving and the 165 grma stated. Anyhow it took my tummy a couple of days to get used to but now enjoy this as a meal replacemnt or extra meal withour any bloat or wind issues! Overall a decent product from ON.

JoeyF88's Rating
Vanilla Custard

Great meal replacement for those days when you dont have time to eat an actual meal.

Flipperman2a2w's Rating

I started using Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer about two years ago, when I decided it was time to "bulk up." I don't think I ever actually consumed enough calories to match my exertions in the gym (I was always hungry). I started supplementing with two Optimum shakes per day (one for breakfast and one before the end of work). Aside from no longer being hungry, I started to see some serious weight gain. I've always been a very lean individual with a fast metabolism, and the 15 pounds I've gained over the past two years have been lean muscle mass (I haven't lost much definition). I also have to point out the fact that I religiously train at least 6 days per weak!!! Optimum gives me the quality calories I need to make serious gains.

crowizm's Rating

Pros: Best dissolving gainer on the market, by far. Fantastic taste. Its no "up your mass fudge", but a close second. High calories, high protein, with sugar and fat below 10g per serving. Cant beat it. Cons: The serving scoop. Its obnoxiously big. If you pour it in a blender, not a big deal, but a shaker, you can expect spillage. Conclusion: A lot of complaints with the price, but you get what you pay for. Great taste, dissolves with ease, and high calories not provided from sugars and fats, but rather protein and complex carbs, make it worth every penny, Only reason its not a 10 is because of the scoop (seriously). Make it half the size, with a 2 scoop serving size instead, and Ill revise my rating to a 10 for sure :)

xiongm0786's Rating
Double Chocolate

So I just purchased this product and I'm excited to start using it, but I was wondering if it's OK to take this with another protein (gold standard whey) for the post drink as recommended? Is it best to combine or is it OK as well to take alone? Tia to anyone who can help me with this question... P.S. Ignore the ratings Mike

GenesiSantos's Rating
Double Chocolate

I absolutely LOVE this product! I use to take mass gainer, but since I started taking this one, it has changed my perception with taste. Not only does it taste better, it doesn't taste like satan's anus. I am a hard gainer, but it has definitely helped me gain weight. This is great breakfast and i recommend it with a banana and also great for snacks. Hope this review finds you well =D

LuckyLady1957's Rating

I love everything about this product. From its nice rich double chocolate flavor to the desired affects I get from using it. Will continue to use this product & s****est it to friends & family.

ohms60's Rating
Double Chocolate

My favourite protein powder by far. Tastes fantastic, easy to mix and doesn't leave me feeling bloated. I mix with water only and have gained 5 lbs in one month. It's working for me.....

RichardWolfe's Rating
Vanilla Custard

Okay, my bad for not realizing when I ordered this that it was only a 2 week supply. For some reason, instead of the exact same scoop they give you in all of their other protein powders, they give you this huge laundry detergent sized scoop that does not fit in your standard shaker bottle. Every time I used it I had to do it over the garbage can because I was certainly going to spill some. I was quite surprised that they don't indicate how much of what protein is in the product. "Here's some protein, you don't care what kind, right?" Otherwise, it tastes delicious and mixes very easily, but I didn't put on a single pound with this as the only addition to my diet over two weeks. The rest of my diet and level of exercise were the same.

DanR0909's Rating

Great taste, great mixability, not very filling though. Did a great job of helping me maintain weight but did not help as far as weight gain.

Troggg's Rating

I have used this, But will avoid because of the "Hydrogenated Guar Gum" Anything "Hydrogenated" is not good for your body. I would buy if it did not contain "Hydrogenated Guar Gum" Not sure why it needs to be in this Optimum product as it is not in the others

• Itaybs
Itaybs's Rating

Best gainer in my opinion. Tastes great and do the job. All the supplements I use are ON. Best brand in the market!

mattyyicee's Rating

BEST GAINER OUT THERE! The double chocolate tastes amazing. The powder is not heavy and dense it is almost "fluffy" which allows it to mix with liquid very easily. It also does not leave you feeling bloated and disgusted. You feel nice and clean...and big ;).

BCrawford64's Rating
Double Chocolate

Excellent product all around, flavor, ingredients, mixability, brand rep, etc.

Hustletine's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

I highly recommend this if you want to put on lean mass! This mixes so well and comes with the best taste!

mccloo57's Rating
Double Chocolate

this product is great, i love the mixibility of it, and over this past month i put on about 7 pounds, i would like to say lean muscle but it's not all lean muscle. Nonetheless a great product and will definitely be using it again

kevingatere's Rating
Double Chocolate

kevingatere did not leave a written review for this product.

anunez1224's Rating

Great protein!! I noticed the gains within days!! Works Great,

sclark911's Rating
Double Chocolate

Honestly, I just don't see paying the extra $20 for the name brand. The giant scooper is ridiculous. I ended up with more the counter than I did the blender bottle. Universal's Real Gains is very similar in taste, mixability and performance. Buy it instead.