Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer Reviews

Over 600 Calories and 60g of Protein and Complex Carbs to Get Big*

7.9
Cookies & Cream - Exclusive!
7.9
Strawberry Cream
Vanilla Custard

GPemble's Rating
Double Chocolate

My favorite gainer by far. I usually put it in a blender with whole milk, peanut butter, frozen berries, and a banana. Which comes out to well over 1000 calories per shake, so don't be misled by the fact that the gainer itself is only 650 calories. Tastes great even by itself, and still mixes easily in a regular blender bottle. Isn't loaded with sugar like many other gainers, which is a huge plus.

locpham's Rating
Strawberry Cream

locpham did not leave a written review for this product.

Ductking34's Rating

Good taste. Mixes better than most gainers. I like that it's not just a buck of empty calories, and it's got a decent serving of carbs too!

Takeover85's Rating
Double Chocolate

Good product. Mixes well. Cost-effective. Good recovery. Gave it a 9 because i'm not getting big fast enough imo. However, i'll be patient and stick to it for another month.

martinjosue92's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

A good friend of mine was using Pro Complex Gainer so I decided to give it a shot after he told me how it work wonders for him. I always thought I was doing things right and that I was destined to be small forever. However, being an ectomorph, it all came down to one thing for me, not eating enough. Thinking that I was getting enough nutrients in combination with years of half assing it at the gym is why I never saw any improvements. I bought PCG back in February and started off splitting up my serving. I would eventually end up taking two servings a day. (One after every workout and one before bed every night). I occasionally added a handful of blueberries, strawberries, a banana, and substitute milk for water. This would easily give me an extra 1000+ calories and just took a couple minutes to make. In addition to eating clean and following my first actual BB program (shortcut to size) I was able to gain 10 lbs in roughly 3 months. This was the first supplement I actually started taking besides Creatine, which I still take. As much as I loved this gainer I'm switching over to Serious Mass for this month to see what my gains are there. If I'm not as satisfied as I was with PCG, I will definitely be coming back for more. Not only did I gain size, I can confidently say 90% of it was lean muscle, but I feel much stronger as well. Very impressed and happy with my results so far. I had only wished I started taking this sooner.

Treydelaney95's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

this stuff is a great meal replacement and especially for hard gainers trying to get those extra calories in. i typically eat 3000 calories and then take 2 scoops of this a day so thats 1300 calories alone. the taste couldn't get any worse. i practically throw up every time i smell and taste this so i chug it as fast as possible. have seen some good gains with this product.

Huff05's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

This is my second gainer that I have used, the first one left me feeling bloated and I couldn't finish all of my meals without force feeding myself. This mass gainer has done me wonders, I eat 5-6 meals a day which helps a lot and I take other supplements such as BCAAs, Glutamine, Casein, and Multi-vitamins, I have gained 8 pounds without adding any fat and I have still another 8-10 servings left. This is an amazing gainer and will definitely buy once again when I decide to bulk again.

• BTitan
BTitan's Rating
Double Chocolate

Fantastic!!!! I always mix with skim milk and the taste is really nice. Mixability is perfectly fine compared to other protein powder. I don't heap full dose. I do drink half of the scoop and it is totally great. It has been like 2 weeks but I do gain 5 pound without gaining any fat. I checked with fat estimating machine and I still got the same bf but more weight. Works great!!! I will buy it again for sure!!

elalan217's Rating

Has anyone tried using a smaller scoop than the one that comes with it?

damanworld's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

Disgusting! I understand that it's one of the highest supplements on the market for calorie intake, but why does it have to be that disgusting to mix? If you mix it with no-fat milk, leave it for 30 seconds, you'll find it glutted...even if you use a small scoop to milk ratio. With water, it is slightly better. But I'm not buying it again. Stick to MuscleTech protein for better taste and mix-ability

rpalacios28's Rating
Vanilla Custard

This is a great product. In addition to everything that's been said about it's nutritional benefits, what I love is how fast it digests. Unlike other gainers that leave me feeling bloated or even nauseated, I can drink 2 full scoops (~1300 cals) and be hungry an hour later. If you're looking to add mass, there's no better way to go.

nernst's Rating

nernst did not leave a written review for this product.

diamaguette's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

I've been using Optimum Nutrition forever and have always been satisfied with their product .However this one is so so. The taste is great and the effective ness is okay (Gain 7 pounds in 30 days) However I experience major bloating with this gainer.

Chanceiix3's Rating
Double Chocolate

I have purchased this product a total of 3 times now and each time I get the 5 lb tub of it. It's been a 3 month process, but so far I love it. I have gained about 5 lbs with it and I workout about 3-4 times a week. The double chocolate is wonderful but I've had it so much now that I think I might try the banana cream pie. It mixes really well. When I don't use this product I use syntha-6. I just got done ordering another tub of it and it comes with a free BCAA, so I'll see how that goes.

Jackylam1225's Rating
Banana Cream Pie

Jackylam1225 did not leave a written review for this product.

xPaladin's Rating
Double Chocolate

I have tried several gainers and this is the first one that I was able to stick with for any period of time. In the past I couldn't keep it up because I would feel like I was too full or bloated. One gainer actually made me puke. So with such a bad history with gainers I am very happy to say that I love ON Pro Gainer. It goes down very easy and I find myself coming back for more! Love the chocolate!

Murad0000's Rating
Double Chocolate

Murad0000 did not leave a written review for this product.

jcpratt2's Rating
Double Chocolate

This is simply an outstanding meal replacement/weight gainer. I have it twice a week for lunch, and my football-playing son has it after every practice or lifting session mixed with additional protein. 2 scoops mixes extremely well, its very smooth, and best of all does not cause any stomach distress. The taste of the double chocolate is outstanding. Having used more meal replacement-type products than I can count since 1990, this is definitely at the top of the list.

sethd2005's Rating
Double Chocolate

8/10 cuz it could use a little more calories, but even as is I love it! With milk and 2 scoops of peanut butter you got over 1k calories and tastes real good. The price per serving I also very nice and helps me keep coming back to it. I recommend it to anyone looking to bulk.

KOBZA55's Rating
Double Chocolate

Did not mix well, did not have the best taste, did not put on the weight that I wished