Optimum Nutrition Platinum PRE- Reviews

7.3
7.4
7.9

KateyBelle's Rating

This is a good pre-workout however I cannot get over the taste. It has a weird aftertaste and I do not like it.

AgneKrupin's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

A good preworkout formula, that delivers great amount of energy and helps to burn unnecessary fats due to capsaicin presence in it. Helps to improve energy. Simple but effective. The only drawbacks are lack creatine in it and aftertaste burning sensation

OccamsRazor101's Rating
Twisted Apple

Love this preworkout product. It gives me just enough of a boost to get work done in the gym and not feel jittery. I have been taking this as my pre workout for years now and I love it.

Dropkickjoel's Rating

Best pre workout I've tried only takes one scoop instead of 2 of c4 =) great price and awesome results

cbs03's Rating
Superfruit

This is my favorite PWO. I've been using for over a year, but just recently ran out and tried the ON Gold Standard PRE. Defenatly not as good as this product. Same company and same Beta-Alanine content, however PRE works so much better for me. I get a great energy boost that lasts my workout and the Beta-Alanine works great (I like the tingling skin effect). Gold Standard PRE didn't do either for me. End result, I found a PWO that I love and that works great every time. I'm not switching again! Keeping this stuff stocked.

ahmetcan's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

I do not prefer to use creatine due to its side effects. However, most of the pre-workouts contain creatine. ON Platinum Pre is the best creatine-free Pre-Workout in the market.

sharpie711's Rating
Twisted Apple

Fantastic product! I have been using it for a long time. I have tried a ton of pre-workouts over the last 6 years but this one is by far the best. It doesn't give me the jitters and i don't get the post workout bloat i got with other products.

Slogan1337's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Platinum Pre- is hands-down THE best pwo I have ever tried. I really dislike pwos that are overly sweet or sour. I tend to mix about 12-15 oz of water instead of the recommended 6-10oz so I suppose that could be a contributing factor to the taste. I got the raspberry lemonade flavor and it was amazing, compared to C4s raspberry lemonade, it is a lot less sour and sweet. It tastes like an actual refreshing lemonade instead of some type of sugary candy. As for the effects this pwo was perfect for what I was looking for. I like the extra boost of energy from pwos but I've found many of them to be overly powerful. A lot of them feel like I have a huge rush for like 30min then I just crash. Some, like Precision Engineered's Haymaker almost made me faint. That could be due to the fact that it has practically double the beta alanine or higher caffeine content though. Platinum Pre- gives me a great feeling concentration and lasting energy throughout my workouts. I only take one scoop and it is just right. With a lot of other products I would have to up my dosage to 2 scoops which eventually made a 30 serving container only last 15-20. For those of you who love to feel super amped you may have to take the full 2 scoop dose in order to achieve the effects you're looking for so for the price you may want to consider other options. As for the spiciness I had heard numerous people complain about, it is there. Not a crazy heat by any means, almost like kind of a black pepper kind of heat and for me it usually only comes in the last sip. Personally I like it, but I also love spicy foods. I suppose if you despise spicy things I would try to obtain a sample first before committing to anything. Overall this is an outstanding product and I will definitely repurchase this in the future.

BooyahBobby's Rating

I recently bought this product (not from bb.com) when I opened the product I found that the lid was not secured and the inner seal was not adhered properly. The actual product was around the rim and spilling out somewhat. I emailed Optimum Nutrition customer service to no avail. The customer service rep said the product was fine even though the MFD (manufacture date) was a year ago and who knows how long the seal has been compromised. Long story short do NOT expect to have a quality customer service experience with Optimum Nutrition if you have an issue with a product. Sadly I threw away my purchase because I can not guarantee if the product was tampered with or contaminated. Metaphorically, I threw money away. I have purchased ON products over the years and with customer service like this deters me buying from them again. Unsatisfied customer.

miche77esru's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

I love, love, love this pre workout powder! It tastes great, gives you the extra energy you need for your workout and makes you feel great after. It gives you that "tingly" feeling and I like that about it! it has definitely helped to improve my workouts. I use other pre workouts and always come back to it.

marcuspower's Rating

This is a good product does the job but it give me a lot of ichy skin around the face and on the palms which gets annoying

Bears7575's Rating

I've tried C4 by cellucor, didn't work for ****, the I tried Hyde, that didn't work. But then I got a sample pack of Platinum Pre raspberry lemonade. And I'll be the first one to tell you, this **** deserves higher then a 7 overall rating. I'd give this stuff a ten, but it gave my lips a bit of a burning sensation after taking the first serving, but within 5-10 minutes, I felt like the hulk, I had a good, solid, focused lift for about an hour and a half. I then took the second serving. And I lifted for another 3 hours feeling fresh! The crash is pretty hard though. This stuff is worth it. TRY IT!!!!

cbarlow4's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Great product, one scoop will give you enough energy for a good 1hr workout. I usually take 2 scoops since I do 40-50mins of cardio, stretch session, then 30mins of weight lifting and still have enough energy to do more. I tried the Apple flavor first, not a fan. The Lemonade flavor is much better, although they all have a small chalky taste to them but if you can get pass that then it's a great product. I like to use the same product and this replaced my GNC pre-workout that they discontinued

JD20131991's Rating
Twisted Apple

This is the best pre-workout on the market. Full stop. Really gets you going and keeps you going through the whole workout - **** - through the whole day. The Beta-Alanine, makes your skin tingle, which is a bit weird at first, but after you hit a couple of PRs and get into the routine, you'll never want to work out without the tingles ever again (they only last 30min or so anyway so they'll be gone by the time you finish your workout). This has a bunch of other goodies in it too, all of which contribute to overall health. The only unhealthy part of this is the caffeine (one scoop = one big cup of coffee) so don't over do it. If you have the tolerance to take 4 scoops of another pre-workout, maybe start with 2 scoops with this one, it'll kick you in the ***.

mersan1991's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

mersan1991 did not leave a written review for this product.

pcampbell86's Rating

Honesty, this was the first pre I've used and after much trial and error with other pre-workouts, it is still my favorite. Take that for what it is, but it still gives me the same feeling it always has and is consistent...definitely prefer it to C4, ON Gold Standard Pre-Workout, 1 MR Vortex, MP Assault, etc. If you want creatine, just purchase some unflavored creatine monohydrate (which is what I did) and add it to this pre for a great fully dosed pre workout if muscle building is your goal.

chadaharvey's Rating

chadaharvey did not leave a written review for this product.

clarkkent4523's Rating

Great pre workout. Can really feel the extra energy from it

caligirlcori's Rating

This is my preferred pre-workout when I need a little bit more fire than my standard Fitmiss on-the-go pre-workout packs. The fruit punch flavor tastes great and doesn't have that gross medicinal cough syrup taste that a lot of other pre-workout powders have. I also picked this one because I was looking for a good pre-workout that does not have creatine. This pre-workout combines an optimal combination of Capsaicin and Caffeine which studies have shown together make a powerful euphoric energy boost with even greater fat burning potential.

forskolinbuster's Rating
Superfruit

Excellent product for who are really weight loss with in time and want gain super body. of of my cousin have used this food and once met me ! told really good - besides he tried Forskolin Fit Pro for (Forskolin Belly Buster) also very cool Here i would say that branded food products are healthy and give best result in the time. Thanks