Optimum Nutrition Platinum PRE- Reviews

7.3
7.4
Twisted Apple

Bochy07's Rating

I drink this 20-25 min before going to the gym , and I feel it once I get to the gym the itch/ like I need to lift and don't wanna stop ... Trust me it work.

Besosyvino's Rating

I've tried the Raspberry Lemonade, Fruit Punch, and Twisted Apple. Twisted Apple is my favorite - tastes just like a Jolly Rancher! Fruit Punch is great too. Raspberry Lemonade...not so much. Love the focus and energy this preworkout provides.

jrlowe3's Rating

Wow! I'm sold on this stuff. In fact, if Costco didn't have a sale on C4 going on right now, I'd make the switch immediately (or at least cycle it with the C4.) I picked up a trial can with my last BB.com order. So far I've used 3 or 4 of those servings and the results have been great. It's not a "hardcore" pre-workout that's going to over stimulate you. It's very subtle. I just feel "on" when I take it- alert and strong without going overboard, not hyper nor jittery. I've used it for both weight training and long run workouts. The downside is the nasty taste. There are these little granules that don't dissolve when mixed. I've mixed it in cold and luke warm water with the same result. They don't dissolve and if you get a tongue full these little beauties, they're bitter and they burn. My guess is it's the citrulline. My solution has been to keep swirling the bottle as I drink to keep them suspended in solution and pause when I tip the bottle to my mouth to make sure I get as many of these granules as possible with each sip. It works and I've gotten used to it but it's nasty stuff. I might try a different flavor next. Overall seems to be an effective product and I'll be cycling it in with my C4 for those days when I want to be just a bit better than normal. 10/22/14- A quick update to my review. I've now tried the Superfruit and Fruit Punch flavors. Superfruit is by far the best. Very, slighly bitter. Fruit Punch is decent but I've been mixing it with my remaining C4 Extreme Fruit Punch to kill the bitterness and cycle through the C4 more quickly.

JosephN52's Rating

So I had tried this product when i had gotten it as a sample and loved it, so I ended up ordering it again because I was in need of a good pre-workout, and I am not at all disappointed that I did. Flavor was great, although the aftertaste did burn a little, which I had read about, and I started feeling the energy within 5-10 minutes afterwards and kept going until I started to workout, great product.

twobitp's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

I like that this has no creatine so you can add as much or as little as you like. The beta-alanine is dosed well and the active pump ingredients do get me more vascular more quickly when compared against other products. If you have a low spice tolerance I recommend drinking this very shortly after mixing otherwise the coating on the pepper extract dissolves and tastes relatively hot. As far as digestion complaints I have none although a few friends have tried this and had problems. But if your diet is on point I shouldn't think you'd have a problem.

matthewklewis's Rating

This pre-workout has quite a varied mix of active ingredients. I tend to enjoy the prickly feeling that a big dose of B-vitamins gives you, the caffeine is enough to get you going without leaving you jittery, and the amino acids are a nice value-add. You may even be happy to hear that I have attributed to the use of this pre-workout a small loss in body weight! Unfortunately, I fear that this weight loss was mostly water, and is due to the fact that the red pepper exrtract (capsicum) present in the mixture has totally messed up my digestive system. Taking this pre-workout daily has sent me in pain to the toilet more than five times a day. Your digestion may worsen slowly from day to day, until you realize that you must stop taking this supplement. Happy Lifting!

djreemmoves's Rating

djreemmoves did not leave a written review for this product.

beavis420's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

A refreshing pre-trainer that not only tastes great but definitely helps me get the best out of my workouts and even used it before doing bokwa classes and 10km hikes

gazap13's Rating

one of my favourite pre trainers, have tried a few but definitely in my top 3 along side heamorage and d stunner

Sirkyleluke's Rating

Sirkyleluke did not leave a written review for this product.

scooby3's Rating
Superfruit

superfruit is delicious..... great energy and ONs quality!

rodefeeh's Rating

I had a 2 serving sample packet. I like 200-300mg caffeine PWO. So I took 1.5 servings. The beta-alanine tingles hit me pretty hard 15 minutes after I took it. Compared to other times I've taken 300mg caffeine, I got a really good energy rush and focus. I was really amped throughout the whole 55 min GVT should/ab workout. I was not impressed with the pump considering my dose had 3g L-Citrulline. I took a while for my muscles to get full during my workout. The fruit punch flavor was fine. It could have mixed better. And this is not a cost effective product. For the price, you should be getting a lot more ingredients like taurine, betaine, creatine, etc. Performance seemed to be pretty good with this.

Bacik's Rating

Didn't drink it fast enougfh the first time, my mouth was on fire for a couple hours. Much better the second time, just drink it fast.

lhowell84's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

This stuff is great for those looking for a basic non-creatine containing pre workout. The caffeine dose gives enough focus for your workouts without overdoing or causing the bad headaches associated with other products. Haven't tried the double scoop as most of my workouts occur in the evening but I know this stuff works because I didn't take it before a workout one day and was sluggish and struggled to get through my sets. The capsicum "spiciness" after taste does take some getting used to but I like the "tingly" feeling it gives you. I highly recommend this product if you want a solid pre workout without the creatine.

Cmagrys's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Nice, well-rounded pre Beta alanine was dosed well at two scoops Caffeine was perfect at 400mg for two scoops As a one scoop product, it was pretty average. Liked the citruline mallate but the pumps where not intense enough for me. Also the capsaicin always burned my throat on the last sip. annoying. The rasberry lemonade was delicious though.

josephrobeson's Rating
Twisted Apple

You can definitely taste the capsaicin in this product. The flavors are pretty good but the spiciness is quite odd.

tekematt's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

This is my favorite pre-workout mix. It goes down fine but does have a spicy after kick. Do I care? No. It works. Other pre's I've tried either don't give me a boost and some just made me not want to workout. It tastes great, so a little spicy kick at the end shouldn't deter you away from a good product.

vietduckboi's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

vietduckboi did not leave a written review for this product.

Rhussey's Rating

This was my first time trying OP Platinum PRE and i have to say, as a pre-workout i love it. I would use after work in the mornings and it would be me just the right amount of energy and focus with out the crash that other pre-workout supplementation would give. In the gym whether i am training heavy or light weight or doing a few cardio sessions i have never been disappointed by this product. If your looking for a great pre-workout that gives you energy and focus with out a crash or jitters that's a affordable supplement to assist in your goals i would recommend Optimum Nutrition Platinum PRE.

1walkingdead9's Rating
Superfruit

I love PRE. I have tried several different pre-workouts and this is by far the best tasting and the most effective for me. I have tried both the super fruit and the twisted apple, I prefer the Twisted Apple. It does not fizz up like some other pre-workouts, it doesn't both my stomach like some of the others either. It mixes well and its just a good all around pre-workout. I highly recommend it.