Optimum Nutrition Platinum PRE- Reviews

7.8
7.3
7.4

rodefeeh's Rating

I had a 2 serving sample packet. I like 200-300mg caffeine PWO. So I took 1.5 servings. The beta-alanine tingles hit me pretty hard 15 minutes after I took it. Compared to other times I've taken 300mg caffeine, I got a really good energy rush and focus. I was really amped throughout the whole 55 min GVT should/ab workout. I was not impressed with the pump considering my dose had 3g L-Citrulline. I took a while for my muscles to get full during my workout. The fruit punch flavor was fine. It could have mixed better. And this is not a cost effective product. For the price, you should be getting a lot more ingredients like taurine, betaine, creatine, etc. Performance seemed to be pretty good with this.

Bacik's Rating

Didn't drink it fast enougfh the first time, my mouth was on fire for a couple hours. Much better the second time, just drink it fast.

lhowell84's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

This stuff is great for those looking for a basic non-creatine containing pre workout. The caffeine dose gives enough focus for your workouts without overdoing or causing the bad headaches associated with other products. Haven't tried the double scoop as most of my workouts occur in the evening but I know this stuff works because I didn't take it before a workout one day and was sluggish and struggled to get through my sets. The capsicum "spiciness" after taste does take some getting used to but I like the "tingly" feeling it gives you. I highly recommend this product if you want a solid pre workout without the creatine.

Cmagrys's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Nice, well-rounded pre Beta alanine was dosed well at two scoops Caffeine was perfect at 400mg for two scoops As a one scoop product, it was pretty average. Liked the citruline mallate but the pumps where not intense enough for me. Also the capsaicin always burned my throat on the last sip. annoying. The rasberry lemonade was delicious though.

jrlowe3's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Wow! I'm sold on this stuff. In fact, if Costco didn't have a sale on C4 going on right now, I'd make the switch immediately (or at least cycle it with the C4.) I picked up a trial can with my last BB.com order. So far I've used 3 or 4 of those servings and the results have been great. It's not a "hardcore" pre-workout that's going to over stimulate you. It's very subtle. I just feel "on" when I take it- alert and strong without going overboard, not hyper nor jittery. I've used it for both weight training and long run workouts. The downside is the nasty taste. There are these little granules that don't dissolve when mixed. I've mixed it in cold and luke warm water with the same result. They don't dissolve and if you get a tongue full these little beauties, they're bitter and they burn. My guess is it's the citrulline. My solution has been to keep swirling the bottle as I drink to keep them suspended in solution and pause when I tip the bottle to my mouth to make sure I get as many of these granules as possible with each sip. It works and I've gotten used to it but it's nasty stuff. I might try a different flavor next. Overall seems to be an effective product and I'll be cycling it in with my C4 for those days when I want to be just a bit better than normal.

josephrobeson's Rating
Twisted Apple

You can definitely taste the capsaicin in this product. The flavors are pretty good but the spiciness is quite odd.

tekematt's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

This is my favorite pre-workout mix. It goes down fine but does have a spicy after kick. Do I care? No. It works. Other pre's I've tried either don't give me a boost and some just made me not want to workout. It tastes great, so a little spicy kick at the end shouldn't deter you away from a good product.

vietduckboi's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

vietduckboi did not leave a written review for this product.

Rhussey's Rating

This was my first time trying OP Platinum PRE and i have to say, as a pre-workout i love it. I would use after work in the mornings and it would be me just the right amount of energy and focus with out the crash that other pre-workout supplementation would give. In the gym whether i am training heavy or light weight or doing a few cardio sessions i have never been disappointed by this product. If your looking for a great pre-workout that gives you energy and focus with out a crash or jitters that's a affordable supplement to assist in your goals i would recommend Optimum Nutrition Platinum PRE.

1walkingdead9's Rating
Superfruit

I love PRE. I have tried several different pre-workouts and this is by far the best tasting and the most effective for me. I have tried both the super fruit and the twisted apple, I prefer the Twisted Apple. It does not fizz up like some other pre-workouts, it doesn't both my stomach like some of the others either. It mixes well and its just a good all around pre-workout. I highly recommend it.

cmull103's Rating

I have been working out for about 10 months. Losing wait and trying to gain mass at the same time. I started using Pre about 6 months ago. What a difference. The energy is there for an extra rep or two each and every workout. Flavors are great. Product is great. Nice creatine free Sup since using creatine in my post shake. Defiantly a winner for the older crowd.

Strawny99's Rating

Amazing product that did exactly what it said. Gave me energy while tasting good at the same time which can be hard to come by these days. Great job and I recommend this product all the way.

Ninosskii's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Best pre ever. Tried multiple other ones, none compare to platinum pre. Love it. Never switching!!!

bitzamania's Rating

Platinum PRE has been the best working pre-workout supplement that I have use thus far. I have tried several others that have just not given me that pump and drive that Platinum PRE has given me. I like the ingredients that Optimum uses in this pre-workout.

jennyraczak's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

One of the best tasting pre work outs I've tried! it gave me tons of energy and focus and always destroy my work outs while on it. Don't take Pre on an empty stomach and make sure you're hydrated otherwise you'll be hurting.

Shaun330's Rating
Twisted Apple

Very disappointed in this product. I've gotten samples and have took this 3 times. It burns going down when I drink it, the taste is mediocre, and the workout was average every time. I give it a average rating, which is shocking coming from ON. Much better pre workouts on the market

lordmgc's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Rasberry Lemonade, got a very nice flavor, and also got punch, when working out.. I love this product... I dont know why it have 7.7. but i tried twisted apple, Superfruit, and Rasberry Lemonade I really love rasberry lemonade.. 1. Rasberry Lemonade 2. Twisted Apple 3. Superfruit After all.. if you put 2 scoop.. **** HYPE UP!!

krl2900's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

Although I would not recommend the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, this is a very effective product. In terms of intensity, Platinum Pre gave me energy and focus for well over an hour after taking 1 1/2 scoops. I've taken C4 and ON Amino Energy before, and Pre is a far superior product in my opinion. I will be trying a new flavor with my next purchase, however. Solid product, but a little pricey in my opinion. Nonetheless, would recommend it to anyone.

RXMilitia's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

I do not know how anyone stomachs this pre workout. The first second of a sip is a great flavor, Then comes on a terrible peppery/spice after taste that is unbearable. I've tried mixing it into other flavors/drinks ect and the after taste is still prominent. I'm glad I bought it on sale, I will never being purchasing it again.

roon90's Rating
Twisted Apple

So I started using this as recommend by a friend who does body building shows.... I used it for a couple of months and loved it.... BUT I started to have severe heart palpitations every 10-20 seconds for 3 days. This had NEVER happened to me before .This was the only supp I had been taking so I went to a cardiologist who happens to be my neighbor and asked me to bring in whatever supplements I had been taking, I won't go into the politics about it but he told me to never take this stuff or any pre workout.