Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Reviews

9.6
1-20 of 1,021 Reviews

khaki_man's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

Without a doubt the best protein supplement in the world. It's not cheap! But you get what you pay for. Simply put, this is the only protein powder that has NEVER given me a stomach cramp, and I've tried LOTS. No empty promises, no unnecessary ingredients, just pure muscle fuel. Taste and mix are also 100% nailed.

GIce did not leave a written review for this product.

AlanPT's Rating
Velocity Vanilla

Came highly recommended, and I love this best with 2% milk. Taste great and gets the job done. Mix really well, can add fruit and taste even better. Only con not as good with water as with 2% milk.

SieraCapesius's Rating

Excellent and clean.

CTMorris's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

Whey protein is whey protein and Gold Standard has consistently made quality products with great ingredients. So basically this is a more refined whey protein with more protein and less carbs/fat than regular Gold Standard. So great gob there. The flavor of this product is AMAZING compared to other whey proteins. Price wise it expensive as F**k but if you can afford to get this I would every time.

magicmikeidc's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

This is my go-to fast acting protein powder. Mixes easily in water and goes down smooth. I take one heaping scoop about 10 minutes before I hit the weights and it digests perfectly. More importantly, this produces results! I get stronger, harder, and leaner with this compared to when I take something less expensive, i.e. Gold Standard. Turbo chocolate tastes great. I have a sweet tooth so I wish it was just a little bit sweeter. Also it's a bit pricey but hey, you get what you pay for. Fantastic product and I see no reason to buy anything else for pre and post workout use. Great job, Optimum!

mohitsodhi's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

Great product from ON. Mixes really well and fast recovery! The Turbo Chocolate tastes quite similar to most ON chocolate flavors. Will definitely try this again when on sale.

JazzberryTattz's Rating
Chocolate Mint

JazzberryTattz did not leave a written review for this product.

basburyii's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Hydrowhey just like all of ON's products is one of the best post workout supplements in the market! Great tasting and filling, I currently own the chocolate and mint chocolate and this is a recent dad to my supplements after just using gold standard all the time but I think this one might be here to stay! Definitely recommend it especially if you find a deal

FullShred's Rating

Mixes very well and tastes good.

fmh271's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Have used it and got pretty good results but the taste is not very good. I really don't know how it's rated a 9.9.

sidjaiswal007's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

As usual Optimum is spot on with their product. Platinum Hydrowhey is a must have if you are working out at your peak and want to give your body the much needed protein immediately after workout.

hoffman1984's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

Exactly what you would expect from Optimum: great taste and mixes well.

filipcmn's Rating

If I could give this product a 12, I would. I pour a scoop of this into an empty Poland Spring bottle through a powder funnel, pour 8oz of water, shake the bottle a few times and BOOM. Completely dissolved. It mixes so easily that you don't even need a spoon or a Blender Bottle. However, unlike any of the other flavors, I noticed that when I use that method with the Strawberry flavor, it gets very foamy for some reason. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning. Although it's a bit pricey, it digests fast, tastes great, and brings results. I can't see myself using any other protein… at least not in the AM or pre-workout.

normanbaut's Rating

There are two contradicting statements on the website vs. the actual product. The Nutrition Facts on the product says .5g saturated fat and 5mg of cholesterol while the BB website Nutritional Facts say 0 saturated fat and 0 mg of cholesterol. Even though the differences are very little, they are still not accurate. Bodybuilding needs to provide accurate information.

CodyWorks's Rating

CodyWorks did not leave a written review for this product.

jeffsparks3's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

Great flavor, awesome results! This is my favorite protein powder and although it may be a little more expensive you will find it gives you the results you are looking for!

professorpaddle's Rating
Velocity Vanilla

Love the taste, texture and protein compound. Not much to improve on. I would prefer to have cane sugar with a higher level of carbs like the gold standard product line but the protein matrix and combination of BCAA and Small Levels of Glut. Make this a great product. I use it was a Post Workout and often times add a half scoop after dinner as dessert before enjoying the Casein Shakes.

cth2012's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

I used this throughout most of my deployment and I was pretty satisfied with it. Price was good, I usually got it during the special offers (i.e. BoGo half off). Taste wise, Chocolate Mint was really good, it's actually one of the best whey protein I've had, I wish they'd make it available in the 3.5 lb containers. And as far as the overall product if you're looking for fast-absorbing protein, this is a good choice to go with. I'd recommend it to others. I supplement this when I wake up, before I workout, and mix it with casein after the workout.

JuicyJosh7's Rating
Turbo Chocolate

I feel as though my body assimilated this protein more efficiently than the 100% Whey. However the taste is just so terrible that I feel physically ill after drinking it. The Vanilla is quite sweet, and the "Chocolate" tastes like very bad black coffee. Because of the taste, I'm not able to take in the 4 servings that (from experience) my body needs post-workout to repair and grow muscle. I accept that not everything is going to taste amazing, and I'm fine eating foods that taste bland or downright bad, but when the taste is so terrible that it causes a negative physiological reaction to ingesting it, it becomes something that's just not sustainable over the long period of time necessary to generate results.

1-20 of 1,021 Reviews