Optimum Gold Standard Natural 100% Casein Reviews

7.6
6.7

entropicsaint's Rating
French Vanilla

I bought this product once thinking that I would explore supplements with more natural profiles to avoid so many artificial sweeteners and colors in my diet. While the performance was as expected, coupled with my diet/exercise plan, I wasn't overly impressed. The flavor profile of Vanilla was not at all something I looked forward to drinking on a nightly basis, with water or milk. Also, I think the sugars are a bit high for this type of product, even if avoiding artificial sweeteners.

jefeholg's Rating
French Vanilla

I have had a 4 lb tub of this Casein for at least 8 months as I just can't get past the texture and flavor without mixing it with a better tasting powder. Still have about 1 lb left to go and will not be reordering. I love ON's Whey just not their Casein.

BrotherJacob's Rating
French Vanilla

At first I opened up the tub and it smelled like... French Vanilla (pretty good). But, I tried this with just using it with the recommended amount of water (the basics) and I thought it tasted absolutely horrible. It tasted like some household cleaner. Then I tried it again with milk and tasted similar to the first taste test. Then, after I was about to give up with it and store it away for good or throw it out, I thought maybe I will try it with Almond Milk. It tasted 10X better than with water or milk! It completely fixed the taste. So, in conclusion: If you think French Vanilla flavor tastes bad, try it with Almond Milk before you dump it. Even Unsweetened Almond Milk does the trick!

DrGameEagle's Rating
Chocolate Creme

DrGameEagle did not leave a written review for this product.

agreenberg29's Rating
French Vanilla

I was so happy to find a natural casein, and not at a jacked up price (which would not have been justified either). This casein is great for recovery just as any casein is. The version that isn't natural tastes slightly better I think, but the taste of this one isn't bad, and I don't buy it for the taste anyways.

Roman6552 did not leave a written review for this product.

BrandonI89's Rating
Chocolate Creme

BrandonI89 did not leave a written review for this product.

mariapashuk's Rating
French Vanilla

I have little experience with casein, the only other brand I tried was Dymatize Elite Casein (Cookies & Cream). My verdict is that ON Gold Standard Natural is much better by comparison. It tastes like _REAL_ cocoa, no chemicals, and is very-very mildly sweetened (you might even want to add your own sweetener). I mix it with almond milk and eat as pudding (or mix with hot milk, let cool and enjoy a chocolate panna cotta. Not joking, it really gains that texture). Drinking as a shake works too, of course. Will buy again. Same goes for vanilla - very mild natural flavour, not too sweet.

• ars49
ars49's Rating
Chocolate Creme

ars49 did not leave a written review for this product.

Tmerkh's Rating
French Vanilla

Quality protein, id recommend it. The french vanilla flavor is not as sweet as you may imagine; it comes off as a standard, clean protein powder and that is exactly what i've experienced.

CherieR0se's Rating
Chocolate Creme

The only drawbacks of this product is that it is slightly too sweet, doesn't thicken up water (only having this with water as I'm cutting) and it's slightly gritty. Other than that, the flavour is great, has almost a caramel kind of flavour to it. It mixes really well in a shaker, no lumps. Keeps me full for a while. 10/10 when blended with a banana. Will probably buy again.

JYelsik95's Rating
French Vanilla

JYelsik95 did not leave a written review for this product.

Leancarni's Rating
Chocolate Creme

After 32days waiting the chocolate creme to my country INDONESIA ;( SO LONG SUPER SAVER. i choose this bcos at least NO artificial stuffs.or man made chemical sweetener, colours, flavours, dunno bout the preservatives. Anyone can inform if this casein free of PRESERVATIVES? or contain preservatives? didnt MENTIONED on the SUPP. FACTs. after too long waiting, i make1 full rounded scoop with ice cube, with hard way too put it INSIDE a mineral 500ml water bottle, ;( SHAKE IT, it looks THICK. the powder smell OK,the end result smell OK too :p. then drink half bout 250ml of it, FELT so FULL, no appetite to eat anymore. arrive at home, confused what to do with the rest i just put it in to my freezer, to use it tommorow morning workout breakfast to avoid FAT or CARBs. smells still good, frozen then wait it to melt, then drink it little by little till morning workout. STOMACH buffer. no chance in flavour, like melting ice cream. cheapest casein of all?? INBOX me if any question. i am waiting the ON natural WHEY to arrive still 28 day again ;( i am chocolate fans, compared to vanilla? m i q s a n c at y a h o o . com now I TAKE HALF SPOON ONLY, on wake up n bed, with plenty of water

TastyTrev's Rating
Chocolate Creme

My first sole casein product that I have ever tried. Overall decent product. Taste is better then most casein, and is not as dull as some of the others. Price is a bit high, but seems that way with most casein proteins. I had no digestive issues with the natural base. Need a good mixer to get out clumps with water or milk, thought definitely goes down better in my opinion with milk.

MolleNinja's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I wanted to try something without sucralose, as I've been using a lot of products containing it and am a little concerned about its long-term effects. At first I wasn't a big fan of this product. I had been using other non-casein powders (various brands) mixed with nonfat milk, and had really liked some of them. However, it really won me over as soon as I started using cold water instead of milk. Unlike other products (including ON Pro Complex which I've also reviewed), this actually tastes good with water, and I think the thick casein consistency is a big reason why. The fact that it's not super sweet helps, too. This product also works well to thicken-up thinner-tasting whey protein powders. Add a 1/2 scoop and you're set. For best results, use an immersion blender.

gudjonsdottir's Rating
French Vanilla

The perfect "before bed" meal! Easy on the stomach and I did not feel hungry when I woke up ( hate that feeling!) ca. 8 hours of sleep. Love the extreme chocolate flavor tastes like creamy SwissMiss :D

derez's Rating
French Vanilla

derez did not leave a written review for this product.

nearctic's Rating
French Vanilla

Great product,great taste,just wish there was less sodium

brndnpitt87's Rating
French Vanilla

I was a little hesitant to try this after all the bad Taste reviews this has gotten. However it all depends on what you mix it with. It was okay with water (I guess I was expecting MUCH worse after some of the reviews I've read) It tasted pretty good with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. And it was delicious with Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. As far as the product itself... it's great and I love that it's all natural. Will continue to buy as long as price is reasonable.