Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

Banana Cream
Cinnamon Graham Cracker
Strawberry Banana
1-20 of 7,860 Reviews

I use a 50/ 50 mixture of ON Natural Whey and Natural Casein, one serving with my morning oatmeal and one serving with my pre-workout snack of cold cereal. Using this blend provides four different proteins, each digesting at a different rate, from very quickly to several hours. These proteins mix just fine with no clumping when I put them in a two quart jug with water and shake. They mix rather well with just a spoon in cold water. They taste great, both the vanilla and chocolate. I especially like that these powders do not contain artificial ingredients, which I need to avoid due to sensitivities to such. They help me attain the amount of protein (1.25g/ pound) that by experience I know I need to progress in my powerlifting training.

Wilson2008's Rating

Strawberry Banana Excellent Flavor add extra fruit really good! Caramel Toffee Fudge really good with Ice and black coffee!

travisbruss's Rating

Great tasting protein and I've put on a good amount of muscle from it, mind that this is just an add on of eating healthy and getting lots of sleep

sbinsfield1389's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

I started using this brand of protein 2 years ago and don't plan on switching anytime soon. It consistently gets great ratings and reviews from multiple sources, including being the top protein as voted by this site. Very affordable and mainly whey protein, not a bunch of fillers and mixes great in a shaker. The Extreme Milk Chocolate is my favorite. It taste great and works well as more than just a shake (in oatmeal for example). If you want something less sweet try the Double Rich Chocolate. **I like to make no bake protein cookies with the extreme milk chocolate (modified a recipe a bit I found online). Just melt 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter and about 3/4 a cup of honey in the microwave. Stir in 1 cup of oatmeal and 3 scoops of whey protein. Shape into balls and put in the fridge. Adjust ratios as you like.

Beramru's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Excellent, I like it, though I have little...I like the products of OM

topher2ton's Rating

Great stuff. I always buy ON. Occasionally switch up and usually regret it! Ha ha they just need a better preworkout!!!

Hands down the best protein on the market. I have tried other proteins and this has the mix ability and taste, no bloat and very easy on the stomach.

gwohar's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

gwohar did not leave a written review for this product.

FitGirlKaty's Rating
Caramel Toffee Fudge
Cake Batter

I have tried like ten of these flavors. All of them mix very nicely and taste amazing. Optimum can not do wrong

mbassyouni's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

mbassyouni did not leave a written review for this product.

TASTE: I love the dark chocolate taste. It's easy to drink and does not leave any chemical taste. It taste like any other chocolate drink. MIXABILITY: Even with 6Oz of water, 1 scoop of powder is thin enough to drink. Does not leave any clump and does not require vigorous shake PERFORMANCE: I'm seeing a gradual increase in my muscle mass after consuming ON's whey protein with a combined muscle building exercise Over all rating PERFORMANCE: 10/10 TASTE: 10/10

haypar131's Rating

I have really enjoyed using this protein! Every time I run out I am quick to order more! I have tried multiple flavors, and all of them have tasted great, while Double Rich Chocolate remains my favorite. Since using this brand of protein over the past week, I have lost 5% body fat and gained great muscle and tone! I highly recommended this brand of whey protein!

Goodnewsdoc's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Very satisfied with this product. Good tasting - if you enjoy a little cocoa in your coffee. The coffee aspect is not over-powering, just enough. I will buy this protein powder again. If you don't like cappuccino to start with, buy another flavor.

nrcreate's Rating
Cinnamon Graham Cracker

A solid protein supplement! Optimum Nutrition, you're great to me. I love that the carbs, fat, and sugar are low. Dissolves pretty well. I used this one mostly without a shaker, just stirring it with a spoon in a cup for a bit, and I did not have any clumps at all. No complaints with the flavors. The Mocha Cappuccino tasted more like "chocomil" if anyone knows what that is. It's basically the Hispanic version of chocolate milk and tastes a bit different than the chocolate milk powder with the bunny on the can lol. Anyways, I would have preferred if the taste was a bit stronger, less chocolatey, but still good. I also liked that the flavor was not overpoweringly sweet, I'm not the biggest fan of super sweet flavors. I also tried Cinnamon Graham Cracker, and that was my favorite compared to the Mocha Cappuccino. Thumbs up from me!

Albabin's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Albabin did not leave a written review for this product.

conorkillian's Rating

definitely one of my favorite proteins, high quality,great taste. Amazingly it doesn't begin to go rancid like other cheap brands.great for the muscle bad for the wallet.

BobbySherry's Rating

I've been taking Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein for years. In that time, I have tried other proteins or samples of proteins here and there, and can honestly say that Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is still #1. -It dissolves within seconds. There is no need to shake more than 3-4 times. -The taste is amazing. I can even mix it into oatmeal, etc. and really enjoy it. -Great price! Compared to other proteins, the price with G.S. is great! I see nothing but pros from this supplement time and time again, so I felt it was time I wrote it a well-deserved 10/10 review! :-)

huddec2's Rating
Strawberry Banana
Banana Cream

Over all, The Product is great... Taste Great and great results... Cant say the same about this Brand of Casein... I had both the Cookies and Cream and Raspberry Smoothie Cookies and Cream was Meh at best Raspberry Smoothie is actually GROSS, its taste grainy or some thing... I mix it with the Strawberry Banana Protein to make it tolerable.

Tumsinmuhbelly's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

I cannot say enough good things about this product. In a world of thousands of different proteins it was nice to find one that is super light on the stomach and also tasty. I'm lactose intolerant to the extreme and I don't experience even a single stomach rumble when I take this. I've included it in my morning regiment as a good way to get protein fast in the morning and also to make up for a lack of protein in my diet. I recommend it to everyone! Definitely have a customer as long as they make this.

1-20 of 7,860 Reviews