Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

1-20 of 8,325 Reviews

Jlaura's Rating
Delicious Strawberry
Strawberry Banana

Try other proteins and this is the best for me ! Taste is amazing ! Love it with milk !

kwokhin's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

kwokhin did not leave a written review for this product.

n1ckd907's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Great product. Price per serving is awesome. Mixes very well! ZERO clumps! I am not a fan of Iced coffee, so mixing with cold water wasn't my favorite; however, mix 1 scoop with 4 ozs of warm to hot water and you have a Latte with 24grams of protein! With this purchased I received a sample of Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. Defiantly will not buy this flavor ever!

Whey isolate is whey isolate, so beyond that I look at price, taste, blendability, and other ingredients. I switched from Cellucor to ON Gold Whey because it costs less in bulk and because the Chocolate Malt flavor is great. It blends smoothly and completely in my shaker bottle. There are not a lot of excess calories from fat or carbs, and it includes glutamine. I give this a strong rating, therefore.

jthood04's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Literally tastes like mud. No mint flavor, only scent. Take your money elsewhere while I choke this protein down.

I love it

gregallen9227's Rating

Mixes well with both water and milk. The coffee flavor is really subtle, pretty hard to differentiate from normal chocolate. The peanut butter and cookies and cream flavors taste pretty good and feel like more of a treat rather than a supplement.

The product itself is a great protein but the taste is the best part about it. This has been my favorite flavor other than an orange-creamsicle I have tried before (not the same company). The product mixes well with water and milk, will definitely buy again.

mcpeak15's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

This is my favourite whey. Definitely a go-to. I have been putting on some mean muscle with this product

Skeif20's Rating
Strawberry Banana

The Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein has been a powerful tool in the recovery portion of my training. Along side a healthy painted diet, this product can be very effective. The Pros: I'm not sure if this is what is recommended, however I tend to use this product as more so a meal replacement. I work 2nd's so unfortunately I don't always get to eat the healthy breakfast I should. Usually something small before I workout, along with my pre-workout, I find myself shaking up a mix of this before I hit cardio at the end of my workout towards the backend of 2pm. From there, I usually won't eat again until the end of my shift which can be anywhere between 9pm and 1am. By that time i'm headed home to sleep. Overall I feel this product has increased my recovery time, reduced a majority of soreness, and helped build my strength by quite a bit. I was able to cut my weight down by 10lbs and build back 5lbs after taking this product. I choose to believe it was muscle and not fat :) Before I researched anything about Post-Workouts, I was only taking a pre. And from those who have done the same, you don't see results as often as you would from taking a post-workout. On a side note, i've tried incorporating this protein into a few recipes such as shakes, oatmeal, yogurt, etc and it adds to the already delicious mix of food and other sources of protein. The Cons: Mixability is a bit on the weaker side. I usually mix mine with milk in my shaker. I've tried blender balls, spoons, shaking it till there's no tomorrow, and I find I still have trouble breaking down all the clumps. Alas, my nutri-bullet does the job just fine. However it's not often you see someone walking around with one of those in a gym bag. Overall, I recommend this product to those who not only want to repair and add mass to their body, but also people looking for a product that mixes well in recipes and tastes fantastic.

klawson6's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Mixes well with water and isn't grainy. It tastes great, too. My wife has even switched to this powder since I started taking it. I stick with this supplement because it offers great concentration of protein with BCAA support while minimizing cholesterol intake.

shredex7's Rating
Vanilla

There are so many reviews and testimonies that validate this product, it's not even fair for the other guys. Good product, great results, performs just like it's supposed to.

I've tried the strawberry, vanilla, and double rich chocolate and they all taste amazing. However, I get pain in my stomach after I use this protein. Within half an hour I get bloated and stomach cramps. I've never had any problems with other protein powders.

EdieNano's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

EdieNano did not leave a written review for this product.

Rodanmax's Rating
Banana Cream

Having just started working out, I was looking for a protein powered that worked and tasted great. A friend of my has been using this for awhile and recommended it. It mixes very easily in by BodyBuilding shaker cup and both flavors taste great. I usually mix mine with milk as I like the texture and taste better than with water. I even mixed the chocolate and banana cream together for a great tasting shake. It has already helped with building up my biceps and chest. Also has helped with my recovery periods.

papiniu's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

My very first pack of protein powder! I wasn't expecting a lot as I read from the boards that protein powder can end up tasting weird or even disgusting. I never tried mixing this with water so I don't know how it tastes that way but when mixed with milk, it smells a bit off but tastes pretty good once you let it DISSOLVE for at least 30 minutes. As a matter of fact, it tastes like a bland version of chocolate milk if you let it sit long enough. If you drink it right after mixing it, it's going to taste a bit weird (kinda like chalk). I also tried mixing it with chocolate milk and it tasted as if nothing was mixed into it at all. Unfortunately, I won't be buying this again as I have gotten severe bloating and diarrhea with this brand (as I am lactose intolerant, but can handle milk, ice cream, cheese etc.). I'll be trying something without whey concentrate next time.

ExiledNarwal28's Rating
Banana Cream

ExiledNarwal28 did not leave a written review for this product.

paintrain55's Rating

I just finished my whole 2 lbs. and I must say this protein powder did not let me down at all. I mixed my shakes with water, so the taste wasn't excellent but still good. if you need a protein powder this one works.

RAGINGSILENCE's Rating

Mixes very well. Primarily Isolate. Tastes pretty good. But, do NOT let it sit in your shaker/bottle for too long because it gets so much more gnarly than other protein powders i've used.

hollywoodhammer's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

I sprinkle this on my food throughout the day. This flavor seems to fit best with most combos and is delicious. Dessert-like. One of the best whey protein brands and flavors.

1-20 of 8,325 Reviews