Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

Delicious Strawberry
1-20 of 8,335 Reviews

Septwscold's Rating
Strawberry Banana

Septwscold did not leave a written review for this product.

Levy2422's Rating
French Vanilla Creme

Levy2422 did not leave a written review for this product.

dpadilla4's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

The taste is great and the mix is awesome. I've been taking ON for about three years now and I have no complains. The price is expensive so I only buy the protein when it's on sale. Chocolate and DR chocolate are the only flavor I have tasted and I can't speak for the other flavors.

cakelover720's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is a good protein powder, as you would expect from the price. It mixes really easily with just one or two shakes, and the taste is alright even with just water. I'll be getting chocolate flavour next time though.

mrathletic20's Rating
Vanilla

I wasn't a big fan of the taste. Didn't see any difference in gains when using this, but I'm sure that is not typical. I'll be trying other powders to see which gets me best results.

shaban96's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

ok anything from ON is a must buy. but this flavour is just tooo awful

DChe22y's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

This is my favourite protein supplement by far. Mixes well, and tastes great! I actually look forward to drinking it everyday, unlike other brands.. well done ON

dre130's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

I am a fan of ON but have not been impressed with Vanilla ice cream. It very light tasting, too light. I think the only way to get a full flavor out of it would be to mix it with milk. I am on a strick diet and can't do that. Because i love ON but not this flavor i am giving it a 6/10.

Plomme's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

I love this protein! I have tried French Vanilla and Vanilla Ice Cream and both have excellent taste! It's melting good but not 100% in icecold milk, just use a blender :P

mmewashburn's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

Love this protein because I can drink it with almond milk or water and I like the taste either way, SO convenient!! You've seen those meme's where you can never find the scoop right, like the person is digging in the sand? LOL. I did that, but there was actually no scoop at all in my current tub!

Jlaura's Rating
Delicious Strawberry
Strawberry Banana

Try other proteins and this is the best for me ! Taste is amazing ! Love it with milk !

kwokhin's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

kwokhin did not leave a written review for this product.

n1ckd907's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Great product. Price per serving is awesome. Mixes very well! ZERO clumps! I am not a fan of Iced coffee, so mixing with cold water wasn't my favorite; however, mix 1 scoop with 4 ozs of warm to hot water and you have a Latte with 24grams of protein! With this purchased I received a sample of Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. Defiantly will not buy this flavor ever!

Whey isolate is whey isolate, so beyond that I look at price, taste, blendability, and other ingredients. I switched from Cellucor to ON Gold Whey because it costs less in bulk and because the Chocolate Malt flavor is great. It blends smoothly and completely in my shaker bottle. There are not a lot of excess calories from fat or carbs, and it includes glutamine. I give this a strong rating, therefore.

jthood04's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Literally tastes like mud. No mint flavor, only scent. Take your money elsewhere while I choke this protein down.

I love it

gregallen9227's Rating

Mixes well with both water and milk. The coffee flavor is really subtle, pretty hard to differentiate from normal chocolate. The peanut butter and cookies and cream flavors taste pretty good and feel like more of a treat rather than a supplement.

The product itself is a great protein but the taste is the best part about it. This has been my favorite flavor other than an orange-creamsicle I have tried before (not the same company). The product mixes well with water and milk, will definitely buy again.

mcpeak15's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

This is my favourite whey. Definitely a go-to. I have been putting on some mean muscle with this product

Skeif20's Rating
Strawberry Banana

The Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein has been a powerful tool in the recovery portion of my training. Along side a healthy painted diet, this product can be very effective. The Pros: I'm not sure if this is what is recommended, however I tend to use this product as more so a meal replacement. I work 2nd's so unfortunately I don't always get to eat the healthy breakfast I should. Usually something small before I workout, along with my pre-workout, I find myself shaking up a mix of this before I hit cardio at the end of my workout towards the backend of 2pm. From there, I usually won't eat again until the end of my shift which can be anywhere between 9pm and 1am. By that time i'm headed home to sleep. Overall I feel this product has increased my recovery time, reduced a majority of soreness, and helped build my strength by quite a bit. I was able to cut my weight down by 10lbs and build back 5lbs after taking this product. I choose to believe it was muscle and not fat :) Before I researched anything about Post-Workouts, I was only taking a pre. And from those who have done the same, you don't see results as often as you would from taking a post-workout. On a side note, i've tried incorporating this protein into a few recipes such as shakes, oatmeal, yogurt, etc and it adds to the already delicious mix of food and other sources of protein. The Cons: Mixability is a bit on the weaker side. I usually mix mine with milk in my shaker. I've tried blender balls, spoons, shaking it till there's no tomorrow, and I find I still have trouble breaking down all the clumps. Alas, my nutri-bullet does the job just fine. However it's not often you see someone walking around with one of those in a gym bag. Overall, I recommend this product to those who not only want to repair and add mass to their body, but also people looking for a product that mixes well in recipes and tastes fantastic.

1-20 of 8,335 Reviews