Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

• MOM2SJ
MOM2SJ's Rating
Chocolate Coconut
Chocolate Mint

This specific protein brand was recommended to me by my son-in-law. This protein does exactly what I want it to do - keeps me full all morning with all the nutrients as a bonus. Thank goodness I started out with the 'chocolate coconut' flavor instead of the 'chocolate mint' flavor. I did not find the 'chocolate mint' to have much of a flavor. I got this flavor in a 2.5lb container when a special promotion was available. Instead of returning it, I bypass the flavor with adding mint extract and/or more fruit than usual. I'm looking forward to trying the 'vanilla' flavor. The 'chocolate coconut' will still be my favorite.

Jmoney09's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

This is the best protein I have tried. It mixes well and the flavor is great. Normally I use Universal ultra whey pro as it is cheaper. However I feel I get a little more out of the Optimum.

This is the stuff! If you are looking for a decent priced protein this is your best bet. I have been taking this for a while now and the best bet is to take a scoop pre- workout then 1 to 2 scoops post workout(maters how hard you worked). reminder, this is not a MR meal replacement but fairly good if you don't have all the money in the world, if you fave a few more bucks recommend ISO 100

elguapoduane's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

I will have to say that this product is very good. I can't say that it's the best tasting protein that I have ever had but it is the smoothest that I have ever tasted. This Protein is tasty and definitely does its job very well. This product definitely lives up to its name. I'm not a chocolate fan but I do like this particular company's chocolate protein. I will be buying this protein again but perhaps a different flavor. I take my protein with water although I'm sure it taste better with milk , soy milk or almond milk but I'm watching my calorie intake.

Mazi05's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Mazi05 did not leave a written review for this product.

JuicyJosh7's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

Best tasting protein I've ever had. With nonfat milk, it tastes like vanilla ice cream, which is one of the reasons I kept drinking it. I was patient with the protein, knowing that it takes me a while to gain muscle. I lift fairly heavy with about 20 sets to failure, 30s rest periods and sweat dripping off my face in the gym. However, after drinking 40 lbs. of this protein over the course of 5 months, I had developed negligible strength gains, and it didn't do much for my recovery. Due to it's awesome taste, I had no problem pounding 6-8 servings at a sitting. But even though I would do this immediately following workouts and 4-5 servings/day in the days that follow, I would still be constantly sore, yet developed almost no muscle gains.

Sylvain27's Rating

Very solid whey, high protein percentage in small scoops, great taste.

pcampbell86's Rating

pcampbell86 did not leave a written review for this product.

dof344's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

Great flavor, great value, great product. This stuff is a winner.

JimmyHoliday's Rating

JimmyHoliday did not leave a written review for this product.

alijabbar14's Rating

alijabbar14 did not leave a written review for this product.

mohitdatta's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

mohitdatta did not leave a written review for this product.

BCrawford64's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

It tastes just like Reeses Puffs cereal. Add milk instead of water and it tastes even better.

EJBIVFTW's Rating

Expensive powder based on what is available locally in mass market (6 Star, Body Fortress etc.), but the label is significantly cleaner. Flavors so far have been good (yet to try the chocolate tub I bought), powder dissolves well in water, and rinses out of my bottles well too!

Evancoe's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

A super great product and can't wait to get another tub.

joemc1's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Mocha cappuccino is glorious! It's been a long while since I've have ON protein and I'm glad I switched. This stuff is great! Mixed very easily with about 8 oz liquid(equal parts water, 2% milk, and coffee) in a shaker cup.

CavsQB15's Rating

This has been a consistent go to for me over the years. You can't go wrong with it in any flavor you choose. High quality product with results that show. I always find my way back to Gold Standard after trying other products. It just works.

musclewolf72's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

This is pure garbage,they still living in 1999,when this garbage was created. Tastes awful and causes allergic reaction,my skin turned red. I don't understand the good reviews here,they must be from the people who works for this company and are being paid extra to write these reviews. DON'T BUY THIS GARBAGE PLEASE

7moodMuscle's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

AMAZING!! extreme milk chocolate is the only one i tried but as mix ability and taste its like heaven! though the only downside it has artificial sweeteners! i recommend anyone to buy gold standard. next im gonna buy vanilla (cause its natural , no artificial sweeteners) :D

1-20 of 7,895 Reviews