Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

Strawberry Banana
1-20 of 7,694 Reviews

giuseppeoro's Rating
Chocolate

Eccellente proteina dal gusto eccellente. Da non perdere. Digestione ottima..

LVTOLIFT76's Rating
Chocolate

This is great tasting protein for a pretty decent price...it mixes well, and very tasty with almond milk. Doesn't make me bloated either. Great protein all around

Technoking2013's Rating
Vanilla

Great overall protein powder. It mixes easily in a shaker cup/blender without clumps and is loaded with BCAA's. if you take a lot like me, it's nice to know that there isn't any sweetners or artificial taste and colors. Vanilla tastes like a mild vanilla milk shake and chocolate tastes like a mild dark chocolate bar.

pkg2007 did not leave a written review for this product.

This product is great for gaining muscle. High quality protein with not a pot of calories and few carbs. Pick a great flavor and you are all set. If you get the all natural one you can mic cinnamon with it because the taste is not that great. But with cinnamon it is fine

kody1350's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Great protein powder that comes with 24 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of BCAA's, and 4 grams of glutamine all for one serving!! This stuff is the best for the best price. If you are just starting to workout this is a great WPI to start with!

lauren1224's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

I absolutely love this! I drank some everyday after my workout and it is a must have now! I love the extreme milk chocolate taste. The double rich chocolate is ok but def. recommend extreme milk choc.

vuekeng's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

i love the mocha flavor. it taste just like water down mocha (12-16oz of water) and it mixes well too. GREAT quality protien i've seen other that are similar in specs but the prices are at least up to $100 and for this you're getting half the price. The carbs are low so you can eat more carbs from your meals. its value is beyond compare.

Woogey's Rating

I've been using this Brand of Protein for over 3 years, Have tried several flavors, Coffee is by far one of my favorites. Very easy to mix. I have 2 scoops w/ 8oz milk & 8oz water on the way to work and reduces my craving for a cup of coffee at work.

roshanraj98's Rating

this is amazing tastes extremely good with milk and works really well too . started gaining muscle within no time . recommend you to try it . gonna try extreme milk chocolate next.. :)

My go-to whey isolate since the day I began my fitness journey. No other product provides this level of quality, and consistency. Key ingredients without all of the fillers. ON is #1 for a reason!!!

jessbolden's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

I've never strayed from this product, regardless of the market. It's a product I know and trust, and quite frankly, it is the most popular on the market for a reason. Mixes well in any liquid, and ensures that there's enough taste to combat any post-workout stack that involves the bitter monohydrate creatine! Can't go a day without it!

joehiggins7117's Rating

n00b? Save yourself the frustration of finding the best protein and buy Optimum Nutrition whey. I just keep coming back to Optimum protein! I'm fairly conscious of marketing hype, but there's a reason they call it "Gold Standard." This review is for one scoop of whey in 8 oz of water in a shaker cup without any additional supplements (creatine, beta alanine, ect.) as they change the flavor and consistency. The chocolate is excellent (I thought it was hard to mess up chocolate flavor, but i've been surprised). I bought banana creme because of the good reviews but it wasn't for me and it didn't really mix well with other flavors as the banana was overpowering. Got cinnamon graham cracker as a free sample and bought 2 lbs of it next order. My girl and I really like it. The powder itself has a different consistency than other ON whey proteins, it's more...powdery if that makes any sense, but still mixes just as well as any other. I mix it with chocolate to makes a s'mores shake. I got 5 lbs of cake batter along with the cinnamon graham and I really like it. It's sweet, but I have a huge sweet-tooth. It's like sweetened vanilla milk with a similar consistency. Mixes great with other proteins like my chocolate casein to make chocolate cake batter! The vanilla ice cream came as a free sample with the 5 lb cake batter. It's a very light flavor. I'd compare it closely to lightly, lightly sweet milk when mixed with 8 oz of water. It would mix well with about anything I would think because the flavor is so light. Only downside is with such light flavor that if you mix in creatine, beta alanine, citrulline malate, glutamine, ect. like I do for my post workout shake, the extra sups might overpower the flavor. I would suggest something with a stronger flavor profile if you intend to mix in other sups. Can't go wrong with Optimum protein.

vietz0r's Rating

vietz0r did not leave a written review for this product.

AnaSSoviC7's Rating

AnaSSoviC7 did not leave a written review for this product.

ebless911's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

Gets the job done, great product.

Tasted good with almond milk. Mixed well and had no aftertaste. Tried with water and was a little disapointed.

CrazyMountain's Rating

I'm not sure why this product rates so high. I gave it a try because of the rating, but out of the 5 different proteins I have tried this year, this one is the worst. Not bad, but not tops. The flavor is week and thin, not bad though. Maybe people like more subtle flavor, but when adding this to just water, it doesn't do it for me. Also, if you look at the ingredients, they basically add non dairy creamer to this. Not my idea of top quality ingredients. I don't think this is a bad product, but I felt I needed to balance out some of the incredible reviews for a average tasting product.

huynguyen1293's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

huynguyen1293 did not leave a written review for this product.

Versup's Rating
Strawberry Banana

Great values, but a really disappointing flavor, and the mixability is bad (a lot of clumps, feels like drinking water with pieces of artificially disgusting Strawberry chunks). I definitely tried other flavors from ON and enjoyed them relatively speaking to a lot of sub 50$ powders, but still, that flavor is horrendous. Even with cooking it is gross. With water, not only it is disgusting, the taste is very neutral and not strong at all, which makes it even worse. If the taste was horrible, but full, at least that, but this is just... A big bummer when you expect more from an ON powder. *forgot to add the Strawberry Banana flavor, so added it to the review, so the score is for that flavor only*

1-20 of 7,694 Reviews