Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

Strawberry Banana
1-20 of 8,463 Reviews

CaroShruggs's Rating
Banana Cream

I was taking a GNC brand before which wasn't bad but they had fruity flavors. I got me some banana cream and no artificial taste. Sweet but I taste the actual banana in it. I love this for my night time meals.

LeggoMyEggoBro's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

I haven't had ON Standard Whey since my first year of lifting... Decided to try it out again. With that said, I didn't know what flavor to get so I came here and saw most people liked the extreme milk chocolate and mocha capp flavors. I decided to go with the milk chocolate...and let me say...its not the best. Its not the worst. My previous protein tasted amazing compared to this stuff, but then again it had more sugar and carbs. I mean the taste isn't awful but its pretty 'meh' if you get what I mean. Very weak milk chocolate taste and it could have definitely been stronger. All in all its not a bad taste...but I wouldn't rate it at a 9 or a 10 like some people here cause it gives everyone else wondering about the flavors a false idea of whats good and bad. I'd say this is at most an 8. I haven't tried it in milk yet so maybe that'll be better. Who knows. But the taste did not impress me, if anything, it surprised me in a bad way cause I expected a 9/10 rated flavor to be great.

CCH95's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

CCH95 did not leave a written review for this product.

RoyalRugger's Rating
Chocolate

The Naturally Flavored ON whey tastes god awful. This new formula needs to go...

Cheyahhcarly's Rating

Optimum is the best for the gainz. I used to use Cellucor, but found it didnt do much except provide the best whey flavors... but gainz are more important then flavor. And I tried BSN too, but Optimum is just the best so I had to stick with the best. Banana cream is the best flavor by far, it is sweet but tastes very much like banana and not too artificial either. Rocky road is the WORST, it is so strong and the marshmallow flavor is so artificial, too factory flavor if you ask me... Im not all about flavor with protein but it was very hard to stomach the rocky road and the strawberry banana flavor. Ordered Banana cream and Vanilla ice cream because you cannot go wrong with these two.

amywatsup's Rating
Delicious Strawberry

Tastes so good with my milk. I actually mix together with that and banana and it's the best banana split shake ever.

mchlkngl's Rating
Chocolate Malt

Not terrible. Reminds me of the candy Whoppers. Probably wouldn't get again.

mccrackenjl's Rating
Key Lime Pie

The ON Gold Standard Whey is my go-to whey protein powder. I've sampled a bunch of different flavors and they are all good with some being great. The Optimum Nutrition team and BB.com sent me some samples to try and I'm so glad they did. I've been using the Key Lime Pie flavor for a few weeks and it is the same high quality protein I've come to expect from ON. By itself, mixed in water the Key Lime Pie taste is good but I like to take it to the next level by mixing a serving with a serving of nonfat greek yogurt and Splenda. In just a few minutes you have a wonderful tasting high protein snack. With the Greek yogurt the taste is a 10. #ONsponsored #GoldStandard

Pilu22's Rating

Pilu22 did not leave a written review for this product.

• rtmc
rtmc's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

Extreme milk chocolate and double rich chocolate aren't much different other than one having a darker color to it when blending in shakes. I wouldn't recommend taking these flavors with water as they tasted quite horrendous. 2 glasses of milk, 2 bananas, and 1 scoop of 100% Whey tastes amazing.

EagerForMuscle's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

One of my favourite protein shakes! I've been through 10lbs of this now and I enjoyed every single serving of it. I was starting at 150lbs around 11% body fat and now I'm sitting at 186lbs and 12.1% body fat. Would strongly recommend if you just need a shake to help you meet daily protein needs. Double chocolate is really good so is the vanilla!

capnjac's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

My go to post workout protein. Mixes well & tastes good.

amitshah7's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

Best protein out there, hands down. There are a few other brands that offer more protein per scoop, but do NOT let that sway you from picking this one up. This mixes great and goes down smooth. Most of the other brands that offer more protein mix poorly and lack any taste.

asadishfaq's Rating
Delicious Strawberry

the best protein in the market..its tastes so good..i like delicious strawbery and double rich choclate...amazing

Cella1982's Rating
Chocolate Mint

This product mixes very well when compared to other brands. I purchased chocolate mint and I love the taste. I've tried other brands and wasn't able to drink them because they were too sweet. This is not the case for the chocolate mint. It was perfect. I have been using this product for less than a month so I cannot really comment on any gains of muscle. I do love taking this product though!

Brunotremblay's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Brunotremblay did not leave a written review for this product.

FattyWantTwinky's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Great protein, really my standard choice. Very clean, easily mixable. The Mocha Cappuccino is my favorite, purely because it tastes like a gas station cappuccino and I'm a fan of terrible coffee!

JDuke749's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

JDuke749 did not leave a written review for this product.

lioness692's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is the best protein I have tried. It blends well and is light on your stomach. I blend it with water but tastes even better with almond milk. It satisfies my protein needs and hunger. Love the cookies n cream now gonna try milk chocolate.

bean25's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

This is absolutely the best protein powder out there gram for gram, cookies and cream tasted like french vanilla to me but mocha cappuccino was delicious when mixed with water or milk. I have coffee flavor on the way and I cannot wait to try it. I have definitely come a long way using Gold Standard and have seen a lot of gainz even though I still have a way to go. I absolutely recommend and even have a friend that bough some and loved it as well

1-20 of 8,463 Reviews