Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

1-20 of 9,517 Reviews

bakaimouto's Rating
French Vanilla Creme
Banana Cream

Been using this for just a couple of weeks so no gains to speak of that I've noticed, but with the protein percentages I have no doubt that it'll do it's job. Mixes excellently in a Blender Ball bottle but makes for a very fluffy shake when done in an electric blender. Banana Creme: tastes like a Laffy Taffy complete with fake banana flavor and cloying sweetness. Mixing with chocolate and peanut butter powder makes it more palatable. French Vanilla Creme: Very strong vanilla flavor that lends itself well to endless combinations with fruit, veggies, drinks, and other protein powders. Can come off as flat at times.

dustinmoorman's Rating
Chocolate

This is "the gold standard". I like it. Made some good gains with it, but I need to try it again. I have tried Animal Whey and Dymatize since I finished my 5 pounder of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard... and here's my take on how they stack up: - Animal Whey had more protein, but didn't mix or taste as well as Gold Standard. - Dymatize ISO100 tasted better than both Animal Whey and Gold Standard, and tasted by far the "leanest". Possibly my favorite protein at this point. But Like I said, I need to try gold standard again as I've made significant gains since the last time I used this product. I prefer it to Animal Whey, but believe Dymatize ISO100 is a little bit better.

himanshu201's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

This is awesome I don't have word to say any thing about that product

Asia0122's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Asia0122 did not leave a written review for this product.

• Gog7
Gog7's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Growing up I was always in athletics and then after hs I was a collegiate athlete in track and field. So I've had my fair share of supplements. I have been sticking to my same protein that I buy at Nutrishop for about 4 years and I loved it! But when I got relocated due to my job the nearest one was 2 hours away and I figured why not give this protein a shot based on the review... welp let me tell you the taste is absolutely HORRIBLE! I just recently bought it so I'm going to assume it works but I'm just writing this review (which I have never done before, so the fact that I'm doing this alone should just warn you how horrible it tastes) to warn people about the disgusting taste✌🏽

Leonardrichi's Rating

My first Protein powder I take.it is a very good quality protein powder good price and i love this because its do the work very good. i never use ISO powder because dont have not that money ok. ON 100% whay is very rich protein and its not taste like world best flavor its just ok mix with just low amount of water for good taste.

zoom241's Rating
Banana Cream

9 stars because I feel they can do better with the price.

DenisTr13's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

A great whey protein. Nice taste, and u get a fast recovery.

LuchiDoncheva's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Yes, this is my favorite flavor. I love it!

Harvard's Rating
Vanilla

Does not get any better and at 60, I have tried many. If you want to add a unique twist and had a good week in the gym, add some Orange Juice to the Vanilla and it tastes like a Orange Dreamsicle.

Hands down best whey protein I've found. Taste just like chocolate milk. I've even used it for hot chocolate and added marshmallows. Very smooth and mixes PERFECTY with just water and blender bottle. I've tested many other proteins to try to find one better and have failed. No more buying what's on sale. It's this or nothing for me when it comes to whey.

Carosur's Rating
Chocolate Mint
Mocha Cappuccino

Hands down, amazing protein for the best price you can find there. I have tried a few brands and this is by far the best (only topped by "Eat the Bear" brand, ~$1.57/ serving) lactose free protein. It is very difficult to find a protein that works with me as a lot of lactose free products taste grainy or like guck but this one has a nice creamy flavor. I have bought the cappuccino flavor twice and let me tell you this: blend that bad boy with cashew milk, a few dates, a handful of ice and you will forget you are drinking a protein shake and not a frappuccino. I have even baked with it and it comes out great. Highly recommend

Rochford23's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Over all the protein powders I have had this is by far my favorite when it comes to flavor and quality of ingredients. This powder breaks up real easy. Great subsituite if your craving sweets especially when it comes to ice cream. Almond milk/Gold Standard protein powder will make a great combination. I just wish the price wasn't so high but then again if your looking for quality Gold standard protein powder lives up to its name.

chimcancook's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Excellent, excellent product. I have used several different kinds of protein for years. I have tried lots, and generally try them once and throw them out, because they are usually so sweet they are disgusting. I tried this one, and I was immediately very happy. Going with this ON stuff, I can mix it with water and I'm good. Plus my cost went down as I'm not buying a ton of milk Plus I'm not taking in a bunch of milk that I'd rather not (though I like milk..just cutting it more) And mixing with water, now I can easily just have ON at work midday, I don't have to have milk refrigerated with me and all

andyc821 did not leave a written review for this product.

jwilliamson0712's Rating
Vanilla

jwilliamson0712 did not leave a written review for this product.

dyhstarsun's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

definitely the best flavor ive ever tasted!! Fully recommended

Alphapower88's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

I tried the Mocha Cappuccino and the flavor is great. I've tried a lot of different products and most taste nasty, but this has a very mild chocolate taste so it's very easy to dilute. It's the only product that I can just use water for and it will still be easy to drink. All others seem to be too sweet or too rich making them hard to drink for me. As for results, I'm not sure because I'm not an expert. I hope my review helps just from a taste perspective at least. I personally don't even like anything chocolate but for a supplement this is a 10 out of 10 for me.

hasoomy's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

hasoomy did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 9,517 Reviews