Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

Strawberry Banana
1-20 of 9,075 Reviews

DasJetta's Rating
Strawberry

The nutrition is optimum and the standard is pretty golden.

likrule's Rating

I am going to go ahead and post this , though I still haven't tried the vanilla ice cream. I just did a return for the cake donut. good lord that was disgusting. I choose gold standard because it is low on carbs, but their flavors aren't fantastic. Mocha Cappuccino though... holy cow that was awesome. chocolate mint was good too. I rate these on the fact that I drink them with water.

holyfrickster's Rating

Pretty happy with the product. It lives up to the hype by not only tasting very good but offering pretty good muscle recovery. Happy Customer, will definitely buy again!

michelletrains's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

I've tried other protein powders and nothing compares to this one. It mixes so well. No powdery taste at all. It tastes exactly like chocolate milk when mixed with milk. It's not as good when mixed with water, but it's still tolerable. 100% recommend!

rst08tierney's Rating
Cake Donut

I've been using flavored protein to supplement my diet for over 20 years. Through that time I have come across some pretty awful tasting protein. Unfortunately this one falls in that GAWD AWFUL category. The taste is terrible and probably the worst tasting protein flavor I ever had. Optimum Nutrition flavored proteins have always fallen in that 6-7.5 range for taste and are tolerable because of the cost per serving. This flavor (if thats what you even want to call it) however is almost not drinkable. The only Cake relevance this protein has is it takes the Cake for the worst tasting protein ever. Stay Away

meganlat's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

this stuff tastes amazing and the macros are fab :)

Tnsongwriter's Rating
Salted Caramel

I had bought isopure cookies and cream and did not like the taste at all but I made my way through to the bottom of the tub . So this time I asked the lady at GNC and she said the ON brand tasted the best so I bought a big tub of ON salted caramel and was anxious to actually like my protein powder again. But much to my disappointment the gold standard salted caramel flavor was worse Than what I had before . Now I have to choke down yet another huge tub to try again. I'm sure it's a good and clean protein but it has left a bad taste in my mouth ..... Literally . Ps I still may try a chocolate flavor as I think it's easier to get right. I can't afford to just go buy another tub so I guess I'll cover it with cinnamon like I did the last one.

yordanmilanes's Rating

I love this protein helped me a lot with the recovery and to gain muscle and also noticed that and lost body fat since I'm using it for me is one of the best products on the market I recommend it to everyone

Maguilar2277's Rating

I want to buy this protein but I'm not sure what flavor to get any suggestions I don't want anything that tastes like medicine or anything like that

Finch1356's Rating
Chocolate

Finch1356 did not leave a written review for this product.

7even40's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

I bought Optimum Nutrition for the ratings and its one of the top sellers on bodybuilding.com. I mixes easily however the taste is horrible. It is very chalky and you have to choke it down.

amjadmurrar's Rating
Chocolate

amjadmurrar did not leave a written review for this product.

TheYungAkhi's Rating
Chocolate Mint

Optimum Nutrition have quality supplements that will deliver results! I use this Pre + Post workout. I've Nearly finished my tub and this is become my top choice of protine. Along with using the ON Casein i started seeing results. The flavour is nice, Chicolate Mint is the one! Tastes Amazing! I highly recommend this product.

24K's Rating
French Vanilla Creme

24K did not leave a written review for this product.

speranzif50's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

Not bad whey. Liked the flavor mixed very well price is perfect. Was using beach body performance line and one pound was 54 bucks. After awhile I couldn't continue to drop my bank account on it. This was a good replacement.

morgangirl6's Rating

I really enjoy this powder. Yes, initially I thought it didn't dissolve very well, however, if you simply add a small amount of water to it in a shaker bottle and shake it up it dissolves perfectly. The issue is when I put the powder in, fill it to the top with liquid, then try to shake it. So, that's an easy fix. The flavor is mild, almost no flavor honestly in the Mocha, but it isn't bitter and not too sweet, so it's easy to blend with any other flavor or addtions. I take extra BCAA already, but was happy to see the BCAA and Glutamine in it which is far better than the last protein I was taking. Plus, low sugar is great for trying to cut. I'm happy with my purchase.

jnorthrup15's Rating
Cake Batter

This is the best protein powder I've ever had. I'm currently cutting and it only has 120 calories per serving so it works out great for me. I purchased cake batter and it tastes amazing. I do 8 oz water, 8 oz almond milk and then I either put vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or cinnamon in it. You can virtually make any flavor of cake batter. Very versatile. Also there's 24 grams of protein per 31 gram scoop. I highly recommend it. I believe ON makes a mass gainer it you're bulking, but this is a great protein supplement for cutting or maintaining.

swthny20's Rating

I really enjoy this whey protein, I haven't tried many others and don't think I will. I love this one too much. Mixes well and extreme milk chocolate is so far my favorite.

BenIsraelEf's Rating

Great brand and great protein! Banana Cream was very good, tastes like banana ice cream! but after a while I got a weird after-taste, but stiil good. Double Rich Chocolate is my absolute favorite chocolate protein! Tastes great with milk, and decent with water. Extreme Milk Chocolate was nice, not my favorit but pretty good.

nomsodmilk98's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

I've tried this product since a couple of weeks ago because I see many guys use it and how it becomes STANDARD, I love the ingredients and the supplement facts show every information, its percentage of the protein is one of the most accurate to it label due to many website has informed, however its taste isn't richy and tasty enough to be "DOUBLE RICH CHOCOLATE", but it's not that bad, it's just plain and it's good to drink with very cold water and will be perfect with milk. A couple of weeks of using it make me gain more weight and mass of muscle more than ever. I'll still using it and suggest to others.

1-20 of 9,075 Reviews