Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Reviews

Delicious Strawberry
Banana Cream
Strawberry Banana
1-20 of 8,541 Reviews

It is a great product, but even at your sale price.. It's alot cheaper at "I'll pump you up. com" Just sayin.

jeproulx's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Does not taste cookie and cream at all. It tastes like Bailey's which I don't like.

zest's Rating
Limited Edition Caramel Frappe

The king of whey protein...... A staple for me. Great profile. Assimilates well. Taste is good. Mixes easily.

daveb78's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Love the Mocha flavor and this is the best whey imo. If you want the best of the best buy this, take it, lift heavy, repeat!!

bgbergman's Rating
Extreme Milk Chocolate

bgbergman did not leave a written review for this product.

Giannovani's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

I worked in a health food store for a while where I could sample all different types of whey proteins from the bodybuilding aisle. I like a lot of them but I decided to go with the Gold Standard Vanilla Whey because it was easy to blend the vanilla flavor into a smoothie and mask it with different fruits or whatever. It's pretty good mixed with peanut butter and a banana in a blender. I can't say that it's the best thing out there because I just don't know. But it's good, reliable and I like the flavor. The chocolate one is pretty good but not mixed. I prefer the chocolate one on its own.

Kjfrass4's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Chocolate peanut butter is by far the best tasting protein I have had!

jtincher0687's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Great product, 100% what else do you need to know. Mixes great with water, pretty disappointed in the flavor, but I guess that probably means its got less filler.

mhask89's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

SOY SOY SOY. Stay away if you're looking for a clean protein.

joshuacater's Rating
Double Rich Chocolate

Having tried the major (and a few minor) brands over the years ON has always come out on top. From a recovery standpoint I have always found this to come out streets ahead of the competition. Gains, I always find ON the perfect supplement for due to its pretty much perfect balance of BCAA’s and G per serving of protein. Taste wise I would say it’s up there with the best; although I would recommend using just half the recommended water/powder ratio, if you want a nice thick shake. I picked up the 10 pound bag at a great price on this site which I hope will keep me going for a few months. If you are looking for a premium, simple, honest protein – ON is your best bet.

ViktorUzunov's Rating
Vanilla

I was a big time ON fan until about a year ago when the quality of taste and the protein overall started to decline. It still holds a decent price but the taste is a lot worse than before and it dissolves quite harder in milk than it used to! It's not a bad protein but would not go for it any time soon.

Loxy101's Rating
Banana Cream

It is obviously a popular protein powder and it seemed to get the job done. However, the new research seems to show you want some casein with your whey and this is only whey. However, the main reason for the low rating is the taste (lack of there of). Both the banana cream and vanilla tasted like extremely! watered down milk/banana milk. I even mixed it with half the recommend water amount and it had little taste. I had to mix both with cinnamon to somewhat enjoy my postworkout shake. In my opinion ProJYM is a much better product.

youngness's Rating
Cake Batter
Chocolate Peanut Butter

youngness did not leave a written review for this product.

kevpadil's Rating
Strawberry Banana

very unhappy that 3 out the 5 choices for bulk 10lb purchase are chocolate of some kind. i hate chocolate, and i love your product, why havnt you added more flavors to this line, banana or strawberry bannana would be great as my only other choices are vanilla and strawberry which get old! this stuff gets very expensive and u can only stand a flavor soooo long. PLEASE, ADD MORE CHOICES FOR 10 LB BAG !!! why the hell is the 8lb bag more affordable per serving than a 10lb bag.*****

That this product was voted supplement of the year just goes to show that an outrageous number of people are unwilling or unable to pony up a few more dollars for quality protein. The amount of whey concentrate in this particular blend is excessive. If you're taking +100g per day like a lot of us, this product will leave you feeling like an overstuffed Garfield float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Do yourself a favor and splurge an extra $1.25/pound on 100% whey isolate. Another thing: Not everyone is a prepubescent kid with a chocolate fixation. A little more variety wouldn't kill you.

Jmward1274's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

Jmward1274 did not leave a written review for this product.

marcuswolfmanea's Rating

I have been using this product for years now. And I highly recommend it to anyone whether beginner or seasoned lifter. Taste+mixability+price= WHY THE **** WOULD YOU BUY ANYTHING ELSE!? And anyone that has something negative to say, check the facts. Everyone loves this brand, and this product. There is a reason why bodybuilders around the world use it, it is THE Gold Standard for all Whey Proteins. start-155lbs finish-185lbs. with a healthy diet, gaining a ton of muscle, or losing fat this product gives you the edge you need. Don't waste your time with other brands!!!

JakeEast's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I've used gold standard many times and as always loved the product. I tried a different flavor this time though and went with cookies and cream. It's was really good! Didn't yeast like a dessert but went down smoothly with no weird aftertaste at all.

benumerouno's Rating
Mocha Cappuccino

Great whey protein, mocha cappuccino and extreme milk chocolate taste great, easily soluble and provides great gains.

jaytatler's Rating
Chocolate

Taste great and smooth even with water. You definitely get what you are paying for.

1-20 of 8,541 Reviews