Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

Raspberry Smoothie
1-20 of 2,292 Reviews

SavvyCustoms's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

The first time trying this flavor I must admit was a mistake. I literally bought the jug from the store while having a conversation and never thought to look at the flavor. DOH!! Getting home was a bummer but I broke out the shaker and dove in the can. Amazingly it tasted REALLY good. Not $30 steak dinner good but better than McDonald's fries good. :) Blended very smooth which was surprising as it mixes nice and thick. No chunks, floaters, dust bombs, nothing but smooth cake batter freshly snatched from mom's mixing bowl. I'm not making it up, it really does taste very pleasing and in spite of my unintended trial I must say that it's not the only time this house has bought that flavor.

scott791213's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

scott791213 did not leave a written review for this product.

TheeTactician's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

I found this to be one of the best protein mixes personally and that just my opinion, goes down very easy as well and mixes well with non fat milk taste great!. I have taken two scoops in the morning and night, I have found it to lead to some great results in muscle growth as well and it last long time..

Bobali's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Taste very good, thick little bit, tasted like real chocolate.

tke1045's Rating
8.5/10

Fantastic product. Great for a late night snack. Chocolate Supreme mixes very well and taste good. Blueberry flavor is much worse in my opinion. This is a great way to get extra protein into your diet and helpful in avoiding an unhealthy snack at night.

BakerFit's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I purchased this product because it used no artificial sweeteners (the ON "Natural" line). I'm disappointed in the flavor and texture. The chocolate flavor is so weak, I feel like I need to use sweetener to make it palatable! I also find that the casein powder is so thick, that I need to use twice as much liquid than suggested to make it "milk-like." Otherwise it's very thick and sludgy. That being said, I bought a three gallon container and plan to drink it all. After awhile I don't notice its lack of flavor as much, and it still tastes fine in a smoothie. However, I likely will not be purchasing this product again. Since protein powder is a staple in my diet, flavor and texture are everything.

LianvdVyver's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Love this casein. Tastes great and I feels like my body was fueled throughout the night.

Orrath's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Great tasting and very effective for muscle growth. It tastes great and I love the thickness!

naynay917's Rating
French Vanilla

naynay917 did not leave a written review for this product.

MichaelKrasko's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

MichaelKrasko did not leave a written review for this product.

EjnarKolinkar's Rating

Good banana and a quality casein product IMO.

I bought the mint chocolate chip flavor and it tastes amazing! Just like ice cream. It is a bit lumpy if you don't get the right water to casein ratio, but it does still dissolve all the way.

It was my first time trying Casein and I really liked it. It's perfect on the goal and acting as a meal replacement when I don't have time to snack in between or just fills me up until my next meal. I also tend to mix with the Gold Standard 100% Whey and it's really good.

LT1CamaroGirl's Rating

Best casein I've ever had :)

I love ON products and use their whey but this product contains carrageenan. It needs to be eliminated from the product.

souk's Rating

I used this back in about Oct 2009 while I was in Iraq, definitely helped me recover and slow down catabolism in my body. Made great recovery and gains with this product. Highly recommended. Cookies and cream is #1 flavor. The other flavors do taste like what it says, but I prefer cookies and cream for sure.

FastestBdybldr's Rating
Banana Cream

A solid casein protein for nighttime use. The slow digestion of the casein fuels your muscles all night long. I recommend the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor. I've also had the banana cream before but would stay away from it unless you like that fake banana taste.

mckenzieashly's Rating

First off this Casein is very good when it comes to mixing up well, and is able to stand alone without mixing anything but water into it.... The only bad thing is just that the flavor gets a little old after awhile but it definetly does its job if you take it before bed!

ricupg's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I take this product strictly before bedtime and I like that the fat content is low. What I don't like is the banane cream flavor that I ordered by mistake. If I could I would return it, but since I opened it I'm stuck with this big tub. What I also don't like on the banana flavor is the fact the coloring is used (yellow #5). Why?! There should be no need for that. Definetely not getting that flavor again. The chocolate supreme is a whole different story. Love that flavor.

Yuck. Is what I think everytime I see that blue bottle and remember the thick nasty taste. Fix it ON!

1-20 of 2,292 Reviews