Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

7.5
Chocolate Creme
6.6
7.6
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!
7.8
7.5
7.9
1-20 of 2,525 Reviews

dahltwin1's Rating
Strawberry Cream

this is the worst protein flavor I have ever had. I buy a lot of Optimum Casein protein but i will never buy this flavor again. It does not taste like strawberry cream! it taste like chalk with a very small hint of strawberry. It also does not mix too well. I like optimum and would recommend their other flavors to anyone.

m0rc0n's Rating
Creamy Vanilla
Chocolate Supreme

m0rc0n did not leave a written review for this product.

pumpyouup28's Rating

I've tried five flavors of this casein. Chocolate supreme is definitely the best, tastes like a combo of Nesquik and a chocolate snack pack. Mint chocolate chip is solid, has a close taste to the ice cream, could use more chocolate though. Both vanillas were equal. Oh, and stay away from the chocolate chip cookie dough, worse flavor by far. I typically just mix my casein in 12oz of water in a shaker cup, and never have any problems with the clump monster. I've gotten use to the semi-grainy texture. Results, not sure how effective it is, but only time will tell.

soniahill's Rating
Cookies & Cream

soniahill did not leave a written review for this product.

bmnicolosi's Rating

Great products from ON. Mix well, taste great.

MsScarlett321's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I look forward to my casein pudding every day. DELICIOUS! it is a little chunky and grainy if you do not use a blender to put it together, but once you use one of those it is awesome. Cookies and Cream is not as good as Chocolate Supreme, but it is a nice change of pace.

nicknash33's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I starting using this casein before bed about 2 weeks ago. The taste is okay but not good by any means and theres a sort of chunkiness to it. It also smells terrible. After a little I did get used to it but its obviously not the best. With that said it does wonders in terms of what it does. I wake up feeling full and have noticed a gain in my muscle.

mstevie192's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Really surprised to see all the negative comments. I've been using it for a long time now and it's been good. I take it as a night time protein and I really like the stuff. I buy the chocolate supreme and mix it in a shaker with 300mls of milk and it tastes like a milk shake.

I use other Optimum Nutrition products but this is by far the worst tasting I have ever used. It does not stir well which leaves it clumpy and tastes horrible!

Alc001's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Alc001 did not leave a written review for this product.

tmrfigueroa863's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Taste so good but the texture... "your killing me smalls". Even in whole mix. Waste not want not...but moving on.

NadjaFit's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I expected more from Optimum. I wasn't disappointed, but the fact I had a better experience with some smaller companies,almost "local" companies, suprised me. It's not thick at all, and unless you're 120pound woman, it can't be used as a meal replacement (which is actually my goal with casein). I expected it to be more like puding once you mix it and keep it in a fridge for couple of hours. Would I buy it again? Probably no, only if it's on some very special sale.

SebastianFaust's Rating
Banana Cream

SebastianFaust did not leave a written review for this product.

kevbo1963 did not leave a written review for this product.

Pashington's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I very like Optimum Nutrition brand. But this Casein is just ok. Probably it works good but tastes terrible in water. Also it mixing not well in water. It's better in milk. But Strawberry flavor is really bad!

Kemasters87's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!
Mint Chocolate Chip

This is my first time using Casein..I am used to either blends or straight whey. I've heard the benefits or using casein right before bed and tried a sample and was hooked. The casein is a different consistency then other proteins but still mixes great and I loved the mint chocolate chip. It doesn't bloat me and I wake up full but still feel trim. Another absolutely great product by ON if you ask me. I'll definately be repeating this purchase.

Tastes great! I mix it in my magic bullet and it mixes smooth! This is my second time buying banana, chocolate is also good.

Jennybenny81's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip

Mint chocolate chip is actually really good but taste more minty than anything. Great with milk or water. Only thing about casein is it doesnt have da same mixability as whey so slight gritty nothing to serious though. Still very good.

FidelWalters's Rating

FidelWalters did not leave a written review for this product.

BenMoore87's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I just started working out again after a year and a half hiatus after an injury sustained in the Army. This stuff tastes okay compared to the other casein proteins i've used. It is VERY thick when mixed with milk and has kind of a chalky taste. I will not buy this flavor again, but will continue to buy ON casein.

1-20 of 2,525 Reviews