Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

7.9
1-20 of 2,403 Reviews

mailoney's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

Tastes just like Andes Mints!

tsum16's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

Wanted to love this product but just didn't happen. Mixing/blending this product is a nightmare. No matter how long you shake it, the mixture comes out clumpy. You'll definitely have to put at least 4 more ounces of water on top of the recommended 10-12 ounces of water to mix. The product did help when I got hungry at night and I woke up not starving which was great. Gives your body a more "full" feeling in the morning. Not sure if I will be a repeat customer on this product, would rather eat a small meal before bed

elison5's Rating
French Vanilla

This was my first time using casein. It's very thick and requires diligent mixing to reduce clumps. I didn't feel bloated or anything. Pretty good overall experience. If you're looking for a good affordable mix, this is it. (The natural option is a nice touch for those of us who don't want a mix loaded with artificial flavors and sweetness). The french vanilla taste isn't great, but isn't nasty either. It's subtle.

KOchamp's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Tastes suits an evening crave for sweets. Not interruptions with sleep and have packed on 10 lbs of muscle with it. Quality casein in my opinion.

chezy415's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Good ingredients for night time recovery, but it doesn't break down so well. I recommend Syntha 6 Isolate for easier break down of the protein.

wbarbour1's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

This is my first experience with Casein protein, but I think now I'm a subscriber. I experience better recovery in the days following an intense workout and enjoy the snack right before bed that I know is working for me while I sleep. When mixed with 50% water 50% milk, the drink can be a bit gritty, but I think that's part of the slow-release formula.

JordanDDD's Rating
Banana Cream

Not the best Casein out there for the money. Taste was okay. This was one of my first purchases when I got into training. Through experience you find out a lot of better options. Chalky and the flavour wasn't special. Check out Combat Casein by MP.

bradywilmer's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

This casein is great. I wouldn't suggest the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I found that it would occasionally clump up in my shaker bottle, but not if shaken immediately.

mamatheresa's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

My muscles absorb this pretty well through the night. I feel leaner in general.

Cgreen47000's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

ON has a great reputation, and this was the first product of theirs i tried. Overall it's ok, it did help fight cravings late at night and it did help fight soreness the next day, did not see a lot of physique change while using this though. Taste wise i would say poor, while drinking you it had this odd chemical taste, also it had a chalky consistency, gritty you could say. So in short it's worth a try but i wouldn't go back to it.

nrgflow's Rating
Chocolate Creme

The natural chocolate creme flavor is great. Makes a few different desert add-ons when made into a fudge.

dldestje15's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

I have noticed a major difference in muscle growth after taking this product for a few weeks. Having a slow-digesting protein powder right before bed is an excellent way to keep the muscles fueled up and ready to go for your 5:30 workout the next morning. The thickness of Casein protein makes it feel like you are having a nice desert before bed, which helps late night cravings. I highly recommend this product if you want to muscles to recover and be ready for your next workout.

mszlosek's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter? And especially in High quality ON Casein Protein right before bed to feed muscles as you sleep? I am a big big fan of ON Casein. You gotta try it!

MCMantoani's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

It doesn't mix very well with water, but with milk it is very nice!!! I've bought Chocolate Supreme and I'm getting queasy of it...

Grounderz's Rating
Banana Cream

this is good stuff, quality for price is awesome, taste is good and i mix with egg whites cook them and it is fluffyliciousness.

alvesama's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

To be honest, my favorite part of this protein is that it "mixes" so thick. I eat it like a pudding before bed, and holy moly x_x so good. very delicious and satisfying night time "cheat"

coop199109's Rating
Cookies & Cream

great flavor is a little thick

DanSmart321's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Having read reviews of this product and being impressed with other products by optimum nutrition, I thought I would buy this product. I instinctively bought this product because I managed to pick it up for an unbeatable price and I needed a casein protein for non workout days before I sleep. I haven't used this product for very long, although the first thing I noticed was that this product doesn't blend at all as well as whey protein and the texture is a lot more thick and for a smooth consistency, a blender is required. The taste was also not as good as other shakes by optimum nutrition and various brands, although taste isn't my biggest concern. What I am interested in, is the results. As of yet, I haven't seen any significant results although I haven't used this supplement long enough to be able to come to a conclusion. I have spoken to friends and my PT in particular, who uses this protein and he has seen remarkable results over the months of dedicated usage and training. This is a supplement which is highly recommended and for the price I paid for this product, it was a 'no brainer'. This isn't ideal for people who take taste into deep consideration, but if you find this at the right price then it is a good supplement if you are looking for a speedy recovery after training days and in a pursuit to increase muscular size and strength. I'm sure there are better casein protein powders on the market, but if you find this for under 75p per serving, go for it!!

niiiiiiike's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

niiiiiiike did not leave a written review for this product.

GWebb51's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Good quality protein I take at the end of my day. Not heavy on my stomach and sleep normal at night.

1-20 of 2,403 Reviews