Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

7.9
1-20 of 2,383 Reviews

dizzyZ's Rating
French Vanilla

This mixed with milk and a banana makes a perfect midnight snack. Love drinking this to fullfill my sweet cravings.

Hyoona's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

The only problem I had is that it doesn't mix well, other than that I love the taste and I drink it before bed whenever I have early morning shift the next day. Will keep buying it!

Roballasmy's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I first used the chocolate peanut butter, which I will admit does not mix as well as the mint chocolate chip when using the same amount of liquid but with a little extra liquid it mixes just fine and without lumps. I have a major issue with the Mint Chocolate Chip as it contains high fructose corn syrup, palm oil, FD&C Yellow #5 and FD&C Blue #1. These are terrible ingredients (that I didn't notice until after I purchased it or else I would not have) ! As a whole this is a solid product and although I haven't noticed significant gains since using the product I haven't noticed any loss either. However I have noticed that recovery feels quicker, probably due to the constant stream of protein during sleep. Try this!

JoeyWNoble's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

JoeyWNoble did not leave a written review for this product.

nedolast1114's Rating

nedolast1114 did not leave a written review for this product.

justinncook's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

justinncook did not leave a written review for this product.

oilerpharm20's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

I use a half scoop of this casein with a half scoop of the ON Gold Standard Whey post-workout to get a good protein blend. I normally mix it in milk and it tastes amazing. Tastes just like the actual ice cream...only easier to fit in the macros. Love the little chocolate chips in it as well. Label is very transparent, just pure casein. I have not had any issues with mix-ability or it being chalky.

jacobbmiller44's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

I only used this for one night and it was just too thick and weird tasting, did taste like a minty chocolate sorta thing, but not good.....

JeffPeterson2's Rating
Cookies & Cream

JeffPeterson2 did not leave a written review for this product.

stephaniefore93's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Honestly, when it's mixed very well, it tastes good. The only downfall and the only complain I have is how "gritty" the taste can be. I mean, its chocolaty, tastes good, smells good, and gets the job done... but even when I mix it in my blender bottle for what seems to be 4 minutes or so.. it still gets clumpy. I still will continue to buy this, since overall it is a **** good protein. Just have to get over the gritty taste and clumpyness at times... and that's even when i use over 20 oz of water or milk.

dfa0306's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

Casein and product is great the mint chocolate chip flavored made the experience less than it could have been.

DavisCameron's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is the best tasting Casein protein I have ever tasted, and normally it does not taste good at all!

TheCakeMix's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

TheCakeMix did not leave a written review for this product.

frederickp's Rating
French Vanilla

Best stuff for recovery overnight.

zunderhill2's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

Mint Chocolate Chip tastes delicious like York Peppermint Pattie, and contributes to positive nitrogen balance.

jay4life02's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

This is a decent night-time recovery protein, that helps me hit my daily protein intake for the day. So far, I've gained a decent amount of muscle with this casein supplement, along with an overall good diet. Thanks again Optimum Nutrition, it's always great doing business with you :)

ernestperson's Rating

Good for night recovery. Good for Muscle gain. Awesome for night *****.

pb4ever's Rating
Banana Cream

pb4ever did not leave a written review for this product.

bicaboi's Rating
French Vanilla

I've used this product off and on over the years and always had some issues with clumping and mix-ability. I tried the French Vanilla Natural and was extremely impressed, for casein this powder is light and fluffy and it mixed with only a few shakes. I wasn't expecting much in terms of flavor since there were no artificial sweeteners but the french vanilla was excellent. Overall I'd highly recommend this product.

gsamer5's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

A favorite of mine, i personally use half a scoop and mix it with a cup off cottage cheese an hour before bed. I wake up not feeling as hungry still have a good breakfast.

1-20 of 2,383 Reviews