Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

Chocolate Creme
6.6
Strawberry Cream
7.7
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!
7.8
7.8
Mint Chocolate Chip
7.9
Cookies & Cream
1-20 of 2,541 Reviews

OcalaFL's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

All time favorite flavor its like having a shamrock shake all year long!!

jeejeeShredded's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

jeejeeShredded did not leave a written review for this product.

Baghdadil's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Baghdadil did not leave a written review for this product.

• djc707
djc707's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Never tried casein before so I figured I'd go with ON brand. I really enjoy the product! I take it before bed on workout days (I go to the gym in the morning) so it helps my body recover later in the day. I wake up feeling a little stronger and less hungry. I have noticed slightly quicker mass growth since I've started using it, which makes sense because I'm essentially doubling my protein supplement intake (I take ON brand whey shortly after a workout). The Creamy Vanilla tastes great mixed with milk. My only complaint is that it is very thick so it takes longer to shake in my Blender Bottle; to compensate, I use 10oz of milk instead of 8oz like I do with whey. I'm only rating it an 8 because I have no other casein products to compare it to and I've only been using it for a few weeks, but so far so good! Will buy again.

michaeloldro's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

michaeloldro did not leave a written review for this product.

dolloff33's Rating

I really like this product. I have been using the chocolate supreme and just recently ordered the banana cream which is absolutely delicious. The Mint Chocolate Chip is really good also. This fills you up a bit more than the Whey Protein, but I guess it should. Also doesn't blend as well as whey, but that may be Casein in general.

pumpyouup28's Rating

I've tried eight flavors now. Chocolate supreme is definitely my favorite, tastes like a combo of Nesquik and a chocolate snack pack. Banana Cream, Cookies and Cream, and Mint Chocolate Chip were all solid. Banana Cream tastes as it should, like banana cream. Cookies and Cream tastes as it should, like cookies and cream (maybe a tad bit weak flavor wise). Mint Chocolate Chip has a close taste to the ice cream, could use more chocolate though. Both vanillas were equal. Chocolate Peanut Butter tastes like roasted peanuts, not terrible, just not great. Stay away from the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, worst flavor by far. As for texture/mix, it is a thicker/different texture compared to whey protein, but that's understandable and not unbearable. In fact, I recently switched to a different brand of casein to try for a while and when I came back to ON I had to check the tub to make sure it was casein, because it tasted so good (maybe it was just a good tub, or maybe the other brand was that bad). I generally mix 1 scoop of protein with 10-12oz of water. Oh, and minimal clumps (seems to depend on flavor/tub at that time).

I just started using Casein again, but so far just like with any other Optimum Nutrition product, their casein is top notch. I have the Cookie Dough flavor and it shows as one of their flavors in the middle of the page but not as an option to order. I am satisfied with the taste and consistency of the Casein shake, there is no grit or poor taste like I have had with other brands Casein powder. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a great Casein powder.

przepka's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

great source of protein to keep you full while you sleep, i love taking casein before bed mixed with some greek yogurt!

orion3020's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

orion3020 did not leave a written review for this product.

bert246770's Rating

This is my go to for casein protein that i take before bed to attempt to stay full throughout my sleep, the flavors i have tried have been great with french vanilla being just the blandest of the flavors i have tried.

jaredvillasenor's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Tastes good, gets thickest in cold water, used to drink it a lot, but now I make a pudding, I just use a little less water and mix in a bowl before bed and set in the fridge for 30min. I enjoy it better than just a shake. 2 scoops before bed does the job for me

gixxerspaz's Rating
Banana Cream

This flavor is good but you must add ice when you shake it up. When its not cooled down it tastes terrible but with ice to chill it I love it before bed.

joachim55's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Way too much sodium !!!!!

rynnp's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

I've had casein from bodybuilding.com before and it was decent. Probably wouldn't get it again but this is much worse. I don't know if I have a genuine product (makes all the checks, and I sent the relevant info to ON who says the box is genuine at least). But I usually don't sleep that well after using this product and poop very bad and I feel very bloated. I'll stick with their whey.

Jamcys's Rating
Banana Cream

Jamcys did not leave a written review for this product.

Jhaines93's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Don't buy taste like crap I bought the chocolate peanut butter it was grainy and tasted like the fakest peanut butter you could find decided to give them another shot bought a tub of cookie dough flavor it's awful it smells like a scented candle and taste like it too not even close with that one I will be switching to universal casin since I have switched all my supps to animal or universal

dahltwin1's Rating
Strawberry Cream

this is the worst protein flavor I have ever had. I buy a lot of Optimum Casein protein but i will never buy this flavor again. It does not taste like strawberry cream! it taste like chalk with a very small hint of strawberry. It also does not mix too well. I like optimum and would recommend their other flavors to anyone.

m0rc0n's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

m0rc0n did not leave a written review for this product.

soniahill's Rating
Cookies & Cream

soniahill did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 2,541 Reviews