Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

7.9
1-20 of 2,349 Reviews

jacobkanter5's Rating
Cookies & Cream

The taste is really bad and you have to get accustomed to it. But the product itself is good.

keramidas21's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Good amount of protein and pretty low in calories too. I would rate this higher, but it just does not taste good. It clumps like other casein powders, but the chocolate supreme flavor (the top rated flavor) just doesn't taste very good. I think I'm definitely going to look into other powders for next time.

trevor.tapia's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

trevor.tapia did not leave a written review for this product.

nikkosguy's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I like this product very much. It is the cleanest casein I can find. The sweetener in this powder is stevia, the only natural sweetener with a glycemic index of zero. It does not come unflavored or I would buy that one. But I enjoy it late at night. It keeps me feeling full until breakfast. It mixes better than a lot of protein powders in my Ninja single serve blender. It has a good protein to weight ratio per serving. So that means more bang for the buck.

jdonohue11's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Great product to get to add a little protein in your diet right before bed. Sits in your stomach for a while (hence why its slow digesting protein) so you have a constant source even while your sleep. It's casein people, it isn't going to blend as well as whey. It is thick when you mix it with water so I suggest 12 oz. ON always has quality products. Got the chocolate peanut butter and the taste isn't amazing but still goes down easy

Mikenorthwest's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I do not like sweet tasting products. This ON chocolate creme flavor is not too sweet, mixes smooth and tastes good. I mix it in a stainless steel glass using an electric stick blender with water and unsweetened coconut milk. I find the MusclePharm chocolate milk flavor mixes the same, tastes less sweet and therefore I like the taste better, however, I prefer the natural sweeteners used by ON.

Niyw's Rating
Banana Cream

Amazing product Helps me to built that bear muscle Banana Flavor is one of the best. Next time want to try vanilla one.

The Key to Building muscle is feeding it! No other 100% Casein supplement is this good when on a budget. During workouts, after or before bed there is never a time when this should not be a corner stone for gains and goals.

• cph
cph's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I ordered this to replace my pre-bed formula I normally take and was very disappointed. This protein mixes very thick and needs about 16 ounces of water which is way too much fluids to drink before bed. The taste is too sweet for my taste. I won't reorder.

5teeler57's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I use this at work to get between breakfast and lunch. My hungriest time of the day. It really sticks to my ribs. Flavor is ok but not as good as regular whey protein flavors. This mixes very thick so requires more water or milk to make it drinkable not spoonable. Does a good job of holding me over.

b00gie's Rating
Chocolate Creme

REVIEW FOR THE CASEIN NATURAL: + great ingredient list + pretty much is what it says it is - absolute horrible taste - only mixes well in blender i use this only for pancakes etc where the taste is not that noticeable

drmajzun's Rating

This is my supplemental protein. I usually eat at night as a snack. High quality and tastes great. When used with the Gold Standard Whey, it helped me pack on about 20lbs of muscle, so I can't complain.

BradBender's Rating
French Vanilla

BradBender did not leave a written review for this product.

• nlipe
nlipe's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Just started taking the casein for the first time and its much thicker than your whey protein which will definitely take some getting used to. The taste is acceptable but again its not as good as the whey but who cares as long as I see some GAINZ. Had to give it an 8 for taste bc its not bad but its not surprisingly tasty. Cant comment on the effectiveness of the product bc I did just start taking it, hope to stop by in a month and see if i notice a difference and let everyone know.

Goliath194's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is best casein protein i've tried. It mixes easily and goes down smooth. The flavor is also really good and tastes just like cookies and cream ice cream. I do think its better in milk than in water because it is thicker than whey protein.

LisaMonroe's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Great price and taste, I love making casein mug cakes with it.

kenalbon89's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

A bit disappointed that I didn't get it in Banana Creme when I ordered but that isn't the manufacturer's fault so full marks from me. Tastes great, mixes well and I have no doubt that I am getting 100% of what ON say I am going to get when I take it. I usually take before bed or as a bridging meal. Keen to try other flavours.

patimusxprime's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I just bought this product not too long ago. The purpose, for me, is a meal replacement protein shake or a pre-sleep snack/muscle builder. Here is my review: Pros: - Great brand name. ON has established themselves as a well-known and reliable product name. - Reasonably priced. - Chocolate Supreme's taste is GREAT. - Nutrition value is great. - I notice that i feel full when i wake up. Muscles feel good too. Cons: -Clumps slightly when mixing. Honestly not that big of a deal though. Overall i would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in a casein-only protein.

Okay I have tried many ON flavors and love them all. Mixed well, taste great. My review is on the among Mint Chocolate Chip flavor, which oddly enough is no longer available. The taste is great. Just like melted ice cream. however I noticed this blue globs when I made my shake. Not sure how blue ties into green mint but... I posted a picture to their Facebook page to no avail. Just curious if anyone else who ordered mint chocolate had the same thing?

Doz911Guy's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Doz911Guy did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 2,349 Reviews