Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

1-20 of 2,512 Reviews

Pashington's Rating
Strawberry Cream
Chocolate Creme

I very like Optimum Nutrition brand. But this Casein is just ok. Probably it works good but tastes terrible in water. Also it mixing not well in water. It's better in milk. But Strawberry flavor is really bad!

Kemasters87's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip

This is my first time using Casein..I am used to either blends or straight whey. I've heard the benefits or using casein right before bed and tried a sample and was hooked. The casein is a different consistency then other proteins but still mixes great and I loved the mint chocolate chip. It doesn't bloat me and I wake up full but still feel trim. Another absolutely great product by ON if you ask me. I'll definately be repeating this purchase.

Tastes great! I mix it in my magic bullet and it mixes smooth! This is my second time buying banana, chocolate is also good.

Jennybenny81's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip

Mint chocolate chip is actually really good but taste more minty than anything. Great with milk or water. Only thing about casein is it doesnt have da same mixability as whey so slight gritty nothing to serious though. Still very good.

FidelWalters's Rating

FidelWalters did not leave a written review for this product.

BenMoore87's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I just started working out again after a year and a half hiatus after an injury sustained in the Army. This stuff tastes okay compared to the other casein proteins i've used. It is VERY thick when mixed with milk and has kind of a chalky taste. I will not buy this flavor again, but will continue to buy ON casein.

• arcboy
arcboy's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

Have been taking optimum 100% whey for a while and it has always been my favourite protein. Started taking the casein recently before bed, and I am noticing that I am feeling much more full when waking up, but still just as lean as when I was taking whey before bed. This is a great feeling. What I am saying is that this product does exactly what it is supposed to, and this is by far my favourite brand! Have tried in the chocolate and mint chocolate flavours. Chocolate was very good but the Mint Chocolate was the best flavour I have ever had, by far. If they had the Mint Chocolate flavour in the Whey as well, I would get that flavour for both every time!

Fgabert's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Worst casein I have ever tasted. don't get me wrong, does the job, but it is so grainy and nasty I can hardly put it down. Tried everything to stir it, couldn't make it less grainy. never buying again

Mikeascoli's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I love it. 10 pound bags would be nice with a competitive price.

e562qk's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I love using this product for my night time snack before bed. If you add one scoop to half a cup of milk (I use almond milk) and mix with a spoon, it will turn into a delicious chocolate pudding. Casein proteins are slow digesting so it is great fuel for your body while you are fasting at night. I look forward to trying more flavors since the chocolate was so good.

gpetsas's Rating
Banana Cream

This was my first experience with gold standard products and with casein so I may just not be accustomed to either brand or product but I was not the biggest fan of this one. The taste was average and maybe it is the case for must casein's but whatever you mix it with you need more liquid than that of any protein I have ever had. Unless you have plenty of liquid to mix with this it forms thick clumps. The product itself did its job but I felt it was a hassle to mix for about an average product.

Salherrera05's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Great way to stay anabolic during the night to keep those muscles in recovery mode from your lift. Also great to cure a hungry stomach on prep!

lucydunne1234's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I have used many brand of Casein before and find this one the best. My stomach feels normal after consumption (in the morning) and the taste is pretty good! I will continue to use this brand for my Casein.

Travis200134's Rating
Chocolate Creme

Delicious! I got the Natural Gold standard Chocolate Creme flavor, with 8 oz of milk it is similar to a chocolate moose consistency. I really enjoyed this product, not to mention Optimum Nutritions products are giving you what you paid for!

speranzif50's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I been using the beach body performance line and after awhile of spending 50 bucks on a single pound I said enough with that bs. Bought 4lbs of this for the same price as a pound of beach body's. Mixes well taste is good, overall I'm pleased with this product.

kylegjohnson's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Overall I can say that most Casein powders don't have the best taste or texture.. Maybe that's just me.. However Optimum is the best I've tried so far. Taste is better than what I was expecting.. I have only tried the Chocolate Peanut butter but will not hesitate to but again.

TheYungAkhi's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Been using this for nearly a month, i have it on workout days just before i go to sleep/Sometimes mix it up with Whey for post workout, and honestly it's shown quick results. After an intense workout, you need something to repair and keep your muscles growing, and while you grow during your sleep, this helps me get the protein and helps my muscles grow during my sleeping period. Casein is a must in your supplements if your serious about getting to your goals and maintaining muscle.

malik77's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

malik77 did not leave a written review for this product.

pjamys's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip

pjamys did not leave a written review for this product.

WillM25's Rating