Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

Raspberry Smoothie
1-20 of 2,329 Reviews

loganw's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Great taste and texture, easy to create smoothies if desired. I can easily see the results in my body and people around me has noticed it also. I take it before sleeping and before/during/post workout with weights. It helps also to control hunger sensation.

y2kdano's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

its a good thing it tastes allright because i can never get it to mix fully, the only reason this stuff sells may be due to price, if a better mixing product is on for same price, I'd go with that one.

Ruman17's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I've been using this for about a month, mixing it with a little less than 1c of fat free milk, drinking it right before I go to bed every night regardless of whether I've worked out that day or not. If I have worked out that day, I take one scoop, if I have not worked out I take half a scoop. The taste of the Chocolate Supreme is excellent, tastes like a milkshake when mixed with milk. The only bad thing about the "taste" is that its a little bit grainy if you don't mix it well but its really not that noticeable unless you're looking for something to point out. This helps me to get my daily protein amount while also helping to keep my appetite down throughout the night. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind spending extra money (Casein does seem to be more pricey than whey) on a very solid protein source.

rajudatla's Rating
Cookies & Cream

guys i do not know whether you r using this product or not but its very fattening and i ordered 4lb and when thats finished i am moving to dymatize elite casien thats so wonderful there are too many ingrediants in casien of ON product that i ordered which is cookies and cream and i doubt it contains 24 gms of protein,byeee hope this review helps

aptem73 did not leave a written review for this product.

marcostarting's Rating

While this casein protein may be beneficial as it claims for overnight muscle recovery, unfortunately I feel like I have had a negative reaction with what I suspect is the Whey/ Soy contents of this protein powder ( I bought Natural flavour ). I took this at night, and after a short time I felt my chest become softer, which I suspect may be a side-effect of the soy and/or whey, which has been said before can cause hormonal (estrogen) problems. Overall, I don't think I'll be using casein or milk based protein any longer, and will stick with plant based protein such as Vega. And as for overnight protein synthesis, I think I will find an alternative to casein. Note, this is my suspected experience. I'd recommend anyone using Casein and is experience similar softness under the nipple after consumption to do research and look for an alternative.

Drexller24's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Works perfectly fine but the taste tho...

staapes57's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Delicious creamy vanilla. Great product in terms of calories, protein, price, etc. High quality casein protein that doesn't give you too many carbs (only 3) and is still delicious.

wwbernardo's Rating
Cookies & Cream

wwbernardo did not leave a written review for this product.

Kingraj23's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

This casein protein does not come even close to the Dymatize cinnamon casein.

Jpettersson20's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Yes it tastes like vanilla but i did not enjoy the taste. I know the texture is going to be gritty and thick so that was fine but i have a hard time drinking it alone. I will usually add something to it to change the taste, such as cocoa powder, banana, or peanut butter. So i think i will be trying a different flavor next time. Still a good product and i dont wake up feeling like i just starved myself.

hoffman1984's Rating
Cookies & Cream

hoffman1984 did not leave a written review for this product.

DaCiRo's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

I have never been disappointed with ON's Casein. Mixes well and tastes great. I have been consuming it for few years now. I tried other brands in between and always keep coming back to ON. Simple and effective thick protein shakes that work the way its meant to do..... Bench hard + ON's Casein shake = full stomach happy long night sleeps without overnight cravings......Zzzzzz Zzzzzz

JeffPopnoe's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

As others have found, this stuff WILL NOT dissolve. I have even tried a real blender and it is still lumpy. Will be searching for another Casein product.

Housmax's Rating
French Vanilla

I have used Casein before and understand the benefits. I returned this product as it caused bloating and upset stomach. It was very difficult to mix compared to other Casein's that I have used in the past and I was not impressed with the taste, I have had better. I know that ON has a very good reputation, but this product did not work for me. Everyone has a different reaction to products, so the only way to see if trying for yourself. I have used the ON Whey protein and did not have same reaction.

First time using Casein with this product and worked well, felt less sore the morning after workouts and drinking shakes at night. Got the cookie dough flavor which they do not have on this site it was mediocre flavor but worked well when blending with other things. Easy to mix w/blender, clumps a little with blender bottle, impossible to thoroughly mix with spoon.

evgenius1990's Rating

Best taste of protein

garethnation123's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

This is the first casein product I have used. I never realised how important It was until recently. Since taking this product I have felt so much better with recovery as I take it just before bed. It has made positive improvements to my physique already too, Friends have commented to me about the positive changes. The flavour is nice too being vanilla, I went off good reviews from sites about the flavour before choosing. Will keep with the same product but probably try a new flavour next time. Definatly a product I would recommend.

tennisnh86's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I bought a 3 serving bag of MuscleTech 100% Casein and a bottle of Optimum Nutrition Casein. The difference surprised me greatly. MT Casein mixes like a thick protein shake, gritty but still liquid. ON Casein is literally like drinking pudding, but less gritty. I tried MT the first 3 nights first so I was shocked to see the way ON Casein reacted the fourth night in my shaker. I'm not sure if the pudding like thickness makes the product better or worse? From what I know about casein it is meant to clot and clump in the stomach, this is why it digests slowly. So the more clotty it is in the bottle, I presume the better it will clot in the stomach. Complete stark difference between the two products though. I guess I made my choice and Optimum Nutrition wins. Even though it drinks like pudding which is not the most enjoyable texture, the taste of the ON chocolate was much better than the MT chocolate. I also got the natural version of the protein.

kissyfree's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

The taste were poor. It didn't taste like it said to be for it to be chocolate supreme you would expect chocolate like someone else said it seems like it kind of is missing something. Im big on taste so that is upsetting but the formula is good and for what it does it is good. I do not use as much I was excited for chocolate cake batter to make like pudding or just drink like that but the taste is a no. So I might make pancakes or truffles and other bake stuff.

1-20 of 2,329 Reviews