Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

7.9
6.7
Raspberry Smoothie
1-20 of 2,226 Reviews

Thick like chocolate syrup. Chemical chocolate taste.

steakley's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

The taste is great. I have never been a fan of how Casein is thick and difficult to deal with in a shaker. Which is why a smoothie or mixing it with food turns out better. I will use this again.

djdavidjeske's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Well it is casein protein, I'd recomend whey because it's better but this one does it before going to sleep. Good product!

GosuJeff's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I personally use this Casein in two ways. The first, a shake right before bed. The other to mix with other tasty ingredients for a weekend snack/shake. I'll start with the first. 1 scoop of Chocolate Supreme Casein mixed into 1.5 cups of the milk of your choosing. For me it's exactly like having dessert before bed every night. Sure it's a bit thicker then your normal (water based) shakes and whey but hey, it's all in preference. I like my milkshakes to be on the thick side is all I'm saying. My other use is just a combo of good ingredients and a blender. Milk, oats, peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter casein/whey, ice, cacao powder....sometimes a banana if you like that flavor in there. Blend those together and you have a what i call peanut butter cup shake.

Great for before bed. Great selection of flavors. The exclusive chocolate mint that was on here tastes like ice cream

Andy112911's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

Andy112911 did not leave a written review for this product.

joehiggins7117's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Just like my ON whey review, I tried other caseins and this is by far the best in my opinion. I mix with 8 oz of water and it makes a nice, thick consistency that reminds me of a melted milkshake. VERY smooth texture. Trying to finish a different brand right now (MT) and the grainy texture sucks! ON has none of that in their whey or casein. Chocolate flavor is what you'd expect; think melted chocolate milkshake. Seriously. Cookies and cream took me off guard at first, it has a little strange foretaste but after several shakes I got used to it and I'd say its my reining champ. Casein is just as important as whey and if you're going to spend your hard earned money, why settle for less than the best? After I finish this garbage I have now, i'll be returning to Optimum Nutrition casein.

vietz0r's Rating
Cookies & Cream

vietz0r did not leave a written review for this product.

Qusay1987's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Qusay1987 did not leave a written review for this product.

grosese did not leave a written review for this product.

pmorreale's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

Overpowering mint flavour with alcohol after taste. No chocolate flavour apparent. I was also disappointed to see it contains high fructose corn syrup. Will not order again nor recommend it to anyone

tripwire759's Rating

tripwire759 did not leave a written review for this product.

CheslinK's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

With a glass of milk and a scoop of Casein... everything is alright in the world. When I first started bulking back in 2010 I definitely was not taking in an optimal amount of protein. This really helped kick things up a notch. I think mass gainers are terrible, but adding one or two scoops of Casein per day right before bed really helped me. Also, basically having a milkshake to look forward to at the end of the day was also a drive to keep me on track with whatever diet I was on at the time. Recommended for bulking.

This is by far the best casein's on the market. By far the best taste and mixes very easily. Does get alot thicker when shaken. I would now never change protein shakes from this one. Worth paying the extra money for the larger sizes tubs as you do get a slight discount the larger you buy. I have been taking this for well over 2 years now and still cannot fault it. The only thing holding it back is the price.

jessui09's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

jessui09 did not leave a written review for this product.

daych2001%40yahoo.com's Rating

Been using various flavors of Optimum's Gold Standard Casein before bed for years and seen great results. As with most proteins, mixing a flavor with Milk, rather than water, provides the best taste experience. When I'm low on calories, water is still good with most of these falvors (some better than others).

specter1001's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

good flavor, mixes well, good stuff.

mskalberg2's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Never taken casein before. Need to get used to it being much thicker than regular protein

dallasbt's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

dallasbt did not leave a written review for this product.

stupidwayward's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

stupidwayward did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 2,226 Reviews