Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

Ideal for Between Meals and Before Bed to Feed Muscles and Fuel Recovery*

Good
7.2
Strawberry Cream
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!
Banana Cream
Chocolate Cake Batter
Mint Chocolate Chip
1-20 of 2,463 Reviews

ntesni9271's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Difficult to mix in a shaker bottle as others have mentioned. Not horribly hard, but requires significant shaking to get it mostly dissolved. Taste is good, nothing amazing. Makes for a quality late night shake.

bots4633's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

The taste was spot-on, wonderful taste!!! My problem with the chocolate peanut butter is how thick it is and how well it doesn't mix in a mixer bottle. I shook and shook for 5 minutes in several different blender bottles with both blender balls and blender tops and no matter what I still had chunks of powder that wouldn't mix. I eventually had to start using my electronic blender to mix this.

MIchaelJohn23's Rating
Banana Cream

MIchaelJohn23 did not leave a written review for this product.

rikjames82's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I really like this stuff. I recommend trying it in warm/hot water. This way it isn't to thick and tastes like hot chocolate. I don't wake up starving either. Great stuff. I use it post and before bed. Rarely sore the next day.

Wittleen's Rating
Chocolate Creme

Wittleen did not leave a written review for this product.

MorganMuscle's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I like to use this product to help my vegetable smoothies taste better. Works well to add a little flavor, and protein to my liquid meal.

Isira's Rating
French Vanilla

Isira did not leave a written review for this product.

derekadrake's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

derekadrake did not leave a written review for this product.

joshrupprecht's Rating
Cookies & Cream

joshrupprecht did not leave a written review for this product.

Drk4wb did not leave a written review for this product.

Dan7e's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip

Rating mostly on flavour and consistency. I find it doesnt mix so well with water and milk. I haven't tried with a blender though. I haven't lost any muscle size from the time I go to sleep to the time i wake up so I guess it does its job

Almoslim's Rating
French Vanilla

Almoslim did not leave a written review for this product.

lamb_'s Rating
Chocolate Supreme

This is delicious mixed with oatmeal or blended in coffee!

SFBodybuilder's Rating
French Vanilla

This stuff is awesome, and weird! The first time mixing I used a shaker, and Blob.... The blob was trying to come out of the opening. It just looked weird, and was moving! I added more water and it worked out, but the taste was very bland. Worst part about it was mixing it with milk. I've mixed other proteins with milk and no issues, but this mixed with milk was bad. I ended up using a blender mixed with water only and it worked out perfectly, no problems, only 1 dry pocket left of powder in the blender. I woke up not feeling hungry at all. It tasted good, with creamy milkshake texture. The taste was similar to ON whey vanilla. Next time I made a shake with water in the blender, threw in a banana, some blueberries and I couldn't get enough.

Eillya's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Good product not top of its line. I rated it i becuase it is very heavy to mix

JamesBepko's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

This is a good casein I like to stir in a couple tablespoons of peanut butter into right before bed. Like other casein my stomach turns a little before I fall asleep but I think my stomach just doesn't like food before bed. Trying cookie and cream next but not too sure how the peanut butter will go.

tomk25's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Being a wrestler I was looking for something that would keep my appetite suppressed and would help me loose weight without loosing strength. This product has done exactly that and has helped keep my muscle mass without becoming frail. I recommend this product if you want to use it with a diet program. Creamy vanilla is a little hard to choke down though.

NotSteve's Rating
Cookies & Cream

NotSteve did not leave a written review for this product.

AMcG30's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is a great protein snack before bed for me! I really enjoy mixing it with 1 tbsp of PB2 and a little cinnamon and water to make it like a pudding consistency. If you need some extra carbs, this would make a great frosting on a salt-free rice cake. Chocolate Supreme is my favorite...not a bad taste at all, mixed with stuff, and fine by itself. Cookies & Cream is OK. Nothing bothers me about it, but I can just tell it's not quite a natural flavor. Would be really good with cinnamon and vanilla or almond extract to get a frosting flavor.

1-20 of 2,463 Reviews