Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

Chocolate Creme
6.6
Strawberry Cream
7.7
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!
7.8
Cookies & Cream
1-20 of 2,546 Reviews

misterwhaskers's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I have been recently supplementing with casein. This is by far some of the best tasting protein power I've had. I absolutely love it. It mixes well, but I prefer it mixed with avocado and milk and making a paste like substance. This has beneficial to me as I am vegetarian. I would suggest this tasty protein.

urvpatel's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I usually don't use casein protein powder but I did try once. It is good product but it wasn't adjusting my routine due to my working hours and daily life style. It is good product for sure. It would definitely help to maintain your muscle during sleep and you don't even feel floated.

Sagarpande's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

It is a really good Casein powder and one of the best currently available in the market. Optimum Nutrition is the most trusted brand in supplement industry since 3 decades and I've been using their products and the results are really good.

BradBender's Rating
French Vanilla

BradBender did not leave a written review for this product.

It's a good protein no side effects for me definetly recomend this

Great product! Who doesn't the feeling of drinking a tasty protein shake and feeling the gainz flood your veins!? I ordered the Mint Chocolate Chip flavor as my first and only sample of this Casein product, and I was not let down! The powder has a nice puffy consistency similar to cooking flour, and mixes well with either water or milk (given that you shake the F out of it with a standard blender bottle and mixer ball). This particular flavor tastes amazing! It has enough sweetness to make you feel like you're having dessert but its not overwhelmingly sugary. Excellent mix. Highly recommend.

LHorton409's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I like using this product at night. I've been using it for years.

OcalaFL's Rating
Mint Chocolate Chip
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!

All time favorite flavor its like having a shamrock shake all year long!!

jeejeeShredded's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

jeejeeShredded did not leave a written review for this product.

Baghdadil's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Baghdadil did not leave a written review for this product.

• djc707
djc707's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

Never tried casein before so I figured I'd go with ON brand. I really enjoy the product! I take it before bed on workout days (I go to the gym in the morning) so it helps my body recover later in the day. I wake up feeling a little stronger and less hungry. I have noticed slightly quicker mass growth since I've started using it, which makes sense because I'm essentially doubling my protein supplement intake (I take ON brand whey shortly after a workout). The Creamy Vanilla tastes great mixed with milk. My only complaint is that it is very thick so it takes longer to shake in my Blender Bottle; to compensate, I use 10oz of milk instead of 8oz like I do with whey. I'm only rating it an 8 because I have no other casein products to compare it to and I've only been using it for a few weeks, but so far so good! Will buy again.

michaeloldro's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

michaeloldro did not leave a written review for this product.

dolloff33's Rating

I really like this product. I have been using the chocolate supreme and just recently ordered the banana cream which is absolutely delicious. The Mint Chocolate Chip is really good also. This fills you up a bit more than the Whey Protein, but I guess it should. Also doesn't blend as well as whey, but that may be Casein in general.

pumpyouup28's Rating

I've tried eight flavors now. Chocolate supreme is definitely my favorite, tastes like a combo of Nesquik and a chocolate snack pack. Banana Cream, Cookies and Cream, and Mint Chocolate Chip were all solid. Banana Cream tastes as it should, like banana cream. Cookies and Cream tastes as it should, like cookies and cream (maybe a tad bit weak flavor wise). Mint Chocolate Chip has a close taste to the ice cream, could use more chocolate though. Both vanillas were equal. Chocolate Peanut Butter tastes like roasted peanuts, not terrible, just not great. Stay away from the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, worst flavor by far. As for texture/mix, it is a thicker/different texture compared to whey protein, but that's understandable and not unbearable. In fact, I recently switched to a different brand of casein to try for a while and when I came back to ON I had to check the tub to make sure it was casein, because it tasted so good (maybe it was just a good tub, or maybe the other brand was that bad). I generally mix 1 scoop of protein with 10-12oz of water. Oh, and minimal clumps (seems to depend on flavor/tub at that time).

I just started using Casein again, but so far just like with any other Optimum Nutrition product, their casein is top notch. I have the Cookie Dough flavor and it shows as one of their flavors in the middle of the page but not as an option to order. I am satisfied with the taste and consistency of the Casein shake, there is no grit or poor taste like I have had with other brands Casein powder. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a great Casein powder.

przepka's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

great source of protein to keep you full while you sleep, i love taking casein before bed mixed with some greek yogurt!

orion3020's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

orion3020 did not leave a written review for this product.

bert246770's Rating

This is my go to for casein protein that i take before bed to attempt to stay full throughout my sleep, the flavors i have tried have been great with french vanilla being just the blandest of the flavors i have tried.

jaredvillasenor's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Tastes good, gets thickest in cold water, used to drink it a lot, but now I make a pudding, I just use a little less water and mix in a bowl before bed and set in the fridge for 30min. I enjoy it better than just a shake. 2 scoops before bed does the job for me

gixxerspaz's Rating
Banana Cream

This flavor is good but you must add ice when you shake it up. When its not cooled down it tastes terrible but with ice to chill it I love it before bed.

1-20 of 2,546 Reviews