Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

evgenius1990's Rating

Best taste of protein

garethnation123's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

This is the first casein product I have used. I never realised how important It was until recently. Since taking this product I have felt so much better with recovery as I take it just before bed. It has made positive improvements to my physique already too, Friends have commented to me about the positive changes. The flavour is nice too being vanilla, I went off good reviews from sites about the flavour before choosing. Will keep with the same product but probably try a new flavour next time. Definatly a product I would recommend.

tennisnh86's Rating
Chocolate Creme

I bought a 3 serving bag of MuscleTech 100% Casein and a bottle of Optimum Nutrition Casein. The difference surprised me greatly. MT Casein mixes like a thick protein shake, gritty but still liquid. ON Casein is literally like drinking pudding, but less gritty. I tried MT the first 3 nights first so I was shocked to see the way ON Casein reacted the fourth night in my shaker. I'm not sure if the pudding like thickness makes the product better or worse? From what I know about casein it is meant to clot and clump in the stomach, this is why it digests slowly. So the more clotty it is in the bottle, I presume the better it will clot in the stomach. Complete stark difference between the two products though. I guess I made my choice and Optimum Nutrition wins. Even though it drinks like pudding which is not the most enjoyable texture, the taste of the ON chocolate was much better than the MT chocolate. I also got the natural version of the protein.

kissyfree's Rating
Chocolate Cake Batter

The taste were poor. It didn't taste like it said to be for it to be chocolate supreme you would expect chocolate like someone else said it seems like it kind of is missing something. Im big on taste so that is upsetting but the formula is good and for what it does it is good. I do not use as much I was excited for chocolate cake batter to make like pudding or just drink like that but the taste is a no. So I might make pancakes or truffles and other bake stuff.

AnaFMartins's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

The flavour is amazing; it really tastes like chocolate, and got rid of cravings for chocolate too! The only downside is that it was extremely hard to mix it with my smartshaker and i found it really think :L Other than that great product!

KungfuEngineer9's Rating

The powder tastes good, fufills all my nutritional needs, but man is it hard to fix without getting clumps. I use milk and the only way i can get it to mix without clumps is in a blender, shakers and hand stirring still leaves clumps that i enventually just swallow whole. BUt great beside that.

bechego's Rating
French Vanilla

The French Vanilla with Stevia (Natural) is not really satisfying. The taste is just not full enough, so I would not recommend it. I had the Chocolate Creme before this one, which was very good, but I did not know if that was negatively affecting my sleep with the Cocoa content. Next time I will have to try a different flavor.

Does not blend as well in a blenderbottle.

lowarty's Rating
Cookies & Cream

lowarty did not leave a written review for this product.

BrollicWraith's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Great flavors and mixability, definitely a high quality protein. I feel the difference the morning after a tough workout if I drank a shake of ON casein the night before. Go with Chocolate Peanut Butter or Chocolate Supreme for the most delicious shakes!

fallsnat's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Absolute best tasting chocolate casein (and any protein for that matter) that I have ever tasted. It is so delicious in everything - water, milk, oatmeal, greek yogurt, brownies...you name, it's good! It really does the trick when you've got a hankering for something sweet. I used to purchase those chobani flips when I wanted a chocolatey treat but now I just make my own by mixing 1/2 scoop casein choclate supreme with 0% plain greek yogurt, some hazelnuts and dark chocolate pieces - more protein, less sugar - Win-Win! It also mixes well - obviously with casein proteins you should expect the consistency to be much thinker than whey but in comparison to other casein products, I have to say this is the best one I've tried thus far. Highly recommend!

kaitlyncaylor's Rating

EXCEPTIONAL! Best protein for the price. Noticed results after just 9 weeks & the Creamy Vanilla flavor did not disappoint either. It mixes well & tastes great! Nothing negative about the product or the service. Strongly recommend.

• Nmelih
Nmelih's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

i just got it a week ago in chocolate supreme flavor. It mixes well, tastes is amazing! Highly recommended, great product.

757wakeboarder's Rating
Chocolate Creme

This is the first and only casein protein I've used to date but this stuff is gross. It may be the nature of casein protein because I've heard it has a unique texture but if you can image drinking wet saw-dust that's about what it feels like in your mouth. Texture did not help the flavor and the whole thing is rather unpleasant to drink.

bolive's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Mixes and tastes great; I drink this at night and mix it with a little less water so it has a thicker consistency. The cookies and cream has more of a coffee taste. It doesn't compare to the mint chocolate chip flavor they used to have here which was one of the most delicious proteins I've had in awhile.

MarcoReisUSA's Rating
Banana Cream
Chocolate Peanut Butter

MarcoReisUSA did not leave a written review for this product.

Liteweight137's Rating

Optimum casein is my top pick for casein. It mixes rather well dispite being casein which is pretty thick. Its like a smoothie or a milkshake in thickness and helps me feel full. It tastes really good but I think the chocolate peanut butter could have a bit more pb flavor. All around im all for this stuff

Tony3619k10's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Great product, taste could be a little better. Not a bad Casein protein.

JayDubbs932's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Mixes well, taste is a little above average, but it's a great protein to have at night or early in the morning. It's a little thick but I need the extra protein for night time and suppresses my hunger

cyrillehs's Rating