Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Reviews

Chocolate Creme
7.2
Strawberry Cream
7.5
Mint Chocolate Chip - Exclusive!
7.8
Cookies & Cream
1-20 of 2,490 Reviews

DEZn00ts's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Best tasting prtein I have ever had, great to take before bedtime as that late night snack. GOODNIGHT! ;)

masteryoda11235's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

masteryoda11235 did not leave a written review for this product.

kovidiamond1992's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Great product and flavor!! I love using ON supplements and this casein has been a major life saver at night! Take a scoop of this with about 10-12 ounces of water right before bed! Love it! Getting another tub tomorrow, except going with the Chocolate Peanut Butter this time

lindzegan's Rating
Strawberry Cream

lindzegan did not leave a written review for this product.

my only complaint is that it doesn't come in ten pound bags!! tastes great mixes easy and super good in smoothies.

j.erik.johnson's Rating

Very disappointed to read the ingredient label on this and see high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oil! Buyer beware, I should have researched this before wasting my money. I am surprised to see something marketed as a health supplement and contain such low grade contents.

sentinelrose's Rating

I use ON's Casein for heavy leg days and after each Rock climbing session to minimise DOMs. This supp works for me...I still get DOMs but I find that my muscle recovery rate is heaps faster compared to when I don't use it.

rollin04's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Great protein for taking at night for my last meal, great flavor also

Trobba's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I had been pushing it at the gym harder than usual, and I found myself waking up in the middle of the night because my body was craving more fuel during it's catabolic phase. I purchased this casein powder in the hopes that the cravings would subside and I could stay asleep - a critical part of the work out process, as you are all aware. This stuff did the trick. I've been taking it now for over three weeks and have not had broken sleep due to hunger once. BONUS - I'm not even starving when I wake up. I'm seeing results in the gym as well - gains in bench, squat, and all phases of training, really. Cuts my recovery by about a day on chest and 2 days on legs. However, the best aspect of this is my getting back my recovery time while I sleep. You simply can't put a price on that. The powder does mix a bit on the thick side - but I've found that if I add a bit of skim milk to the shaker cup first, then the powder, then fill the cup up the rest of the way with skim milk - then shake...the clumps tend to be less than doing it any other way I have tried. Best of luck with your purchase - I hope you will be as happy with it as I am!

whoknowsmarz's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Another great product from ON. Taste is good and definitely a bonus if you're trying to bulk up. Great to take before bedtime to continue getting your protein during sleep. Doesn't blend as smooth in a blender bottle as whey does. Sometimes the Casein Protein will chunk together but if you put into in actual blender with your favorite liquid of choice, bet there's no issue.

Why do you have the banana cream flavor available in only 2 lb!! I have to pay extra now just because I have to by 2x2lb! I've been using it for years, but I'm giving up on it. I'll go with another company.

Jackulaa's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Fantastic bedtime protein that gives me good overnight gains and makes my stomach feel full in the morning. Biggest problem is the taste, one of the worst tasting proteins out there in the Universe, sticky / clumpy texture and tastes like someone else's vomit, absolutely horrid!!

Slogan1337's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

I bought this product to use specifically to use at night (after dinner/before bed). I always get late night cravings for unhealthy food. This protein has almost entirely eliminated that craving, as well and decreased the amount of soreness after a day with an intense lifting routine. I only recently started using this product so I can't say I have made any noticeable gains, yet. I bought the chocolate supreme flavor and it tastes great just like a typical chocolate flavored protein. Like people have said in other reviews, it does mix very thick. My solution to this is to make a pudding with it. I found the idea on a thread in one of the forums on here, its simple, easy and healthy. Just mix one scoop with about a scoop and a half of water, maybe a little less depending on your consistency preferences. I usually whisk it until smooth, but I'm sure a fork would work perfectly fine. Then once its a smooth consistency let it chill in the fridge for about an hour. For me it really satisfies my late night sweet tooth. You could also add peanut butter or a little sugar, or sweetener depending on your preference but for me its fine with just the protein and water. I hope this reviews helps any potential buyers!

ahowarda's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

Love ON's products. Taking the Chocolate Supreme Casein alone is the worst decision I have made. The taste is not that great. But! When mixed with the Rocky Road by ON, it makes a taste that is pure amazing!

Bryce804's Rating
French Vanilla

Awesome product use it everynight before bed the only thing I dislike is the wierd after taste it leaves behind.

vovka43r's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

VERY hard to dissolve in any liquid.

aubry177's Rating
Chocolate Supreme

This is my first time using Casein Protein. It's great. I use it before bed and make casein pudding. Just mix water with it in a bowl until pudding consistency and pop it in the freezer for a little bit. I sometimes add almond butter and it's a yummy bedtime snack and keeps me from waking up super hungry. I have noticed a difference in muscle maintenance after including casein. The flavor is good. I don't mix it with water as a shake, but more as a pudding with spoon!

C1stealth's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Usually can get this for a good price. Chocolate peanut butter is excellent and chocolate supreme is good but not as good as peanut butter. Enjoy taking this before bed with two cups of milk. Mixes decently in blender bottle, and occasionally mixed after workouts with a whey isolate. Chocolate seems to mix a little thicker. Keeps me full at night. A little grainy in taste even with two cups of water/milk, but still a good taste.

Tri3Dav's Rating
Banana Cream

This protein is great. It does leave a little chunks when mixed, but they are so small it really is not an issue. The mix is a bit thick and it leaves a coat in your mouth, but that coat goes away in like a minute or two. So I take this product in the morning and night before I brush my teeth. Problem solved!

JaredS93's Rating
Creamy Vanilla

The Taste is Disgusting. With the Thick consistency and the clumps that never go away (even if warm water or milk is used) I gag nearly every time i make a shake. I am not buying this again. I may be turned off of every trying casein again.

1-20 of 2,490 Reviews