Optimum Nutrition Glyco-Maize Reviews

Good
7.2
7.2

Crisstiansen's Rating

Crisstiansen did not leave a written review for this product.

marcoscalco's Rating

Best carb product I've tried. No bloating or gas. Perfect to mix with your post workout shake.

metro2033's Rating

So Glyco-Maize my first carb based supplement and just by 1week of using i can say im very happy..its just 30$ here in my country for 75serv and it can last you for long..it mixes easily no after taste no bloating just mix it with your protein shake then its perfect..the only problem i have is the powder is a bit sticky other than that its a 9.5/10 for me

DaniMob's Rating
Unflavored

mix perfectly in my post workout shake

carlosnohau's Rating

carlosnohau did not leave a written review for this product.

Sambo32's Rating

Sambo32 did not leave a written review for this product.

Stealthlead's Rating
Unflavored

Works very well and really fills you up. Has no taste and barely makes you're shake more chalky. The powder is very very fine so it likes to stick on clothing.

Gymrat7689's Rating

This is one one of the best supps i have used, i use it with a protein powder(either ON 100% whey, or dymatize elite chocolate) and creitine powder post work out. The beauty of it is that if i want more carbs and protien i just double up on scoops. It has helped a lot.I have noticed moderate gains and better recovery.It mixs well and tastes like nothing, it just makes the a little thicker.

CloudStryker's Rating

Very chalky, I usually mix it with my BCAA powder

JeremyRogers's Rating

This crap is chalky and gets everywhere. Don't get me wrong, it's carbohydrate, and it works. The thing is that It ruins the taste of my shakes I make. Just be prepared.

pmreeves21's Rating

pmreeves21 did not leave a written review for this product.

justincotten's Rating

Easy way to get some carbs quickly after a workout. Mix it with Gold Standard protein post workout. Makes shake a little chalky tasting, but using more water, or whatever you use in your protein shakes, helps combat the chalkiness. Good product overall.

TyMadd's Rating

Glyco-Maize definitely has its pros and cons. However, I'd say the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Glycomaize is a fast-acting carbohydrate that helps shuttle amino acids into your bloodstream. Excellent to take before and after you workout as it provides a sustainable energy source and helps you refuel the depleted carbohydrates after an intense workout. A downside is that it is quite messy, and isn't necessarily a completely tasteless powder. But overall, it gets the job done and I recommend this as a substitution for mass gainer powders.

BluEydDreamer's Rating

This works great as an added carb to my post workout protein drink.

Swimmer1993's Rating
Unflavored

Swimmer1993 did not leave a written review for this product.

cjinscore's Rating
Unflavored

I had heard great things about this product and usually if it comes from ON, its good. This product however was probably the worst carb powder I have ever used. It literally tastes and feels like pure corn starch. Granted, I know its a corn derivative, but I have never had Waxy Maize like that. It made my shakes taste horrible and chalky. It also makes a huuuuuuuge mess. Sorry ON, you missed this one.

fieldsy4life's Rating

I mix this in my post-workout shake. It is pretty much tasteless, so no comments there. I haven't had any problems with it mixing using a regular shaker bottle. It is relatively inexpensive compared to Vitargo, but not as cheap as straight dex powder. You get a fast acting carb and slow digesting carb as well, so if you're looking for maximum insulin spike, you should stick to dex. Otherwise, this is a safe and affordable alternative.

dbekoscke's Rating

I'm using this as a during workout shake with ON 100% Natural Whey Protein. Gives me that influx of carbs that I need to continue through my workout!

jason59fifty's Rating

Great to add on some carbs for a post workout shake. Doesn't totally kill the taste of your protein but it does get some getting used to. Overall its a pretty good product especially with the added digestive enzymes

mmccoy11's Rating

Over the last four months I have been trying to put on weight. I have always been skinny, with a very high metabolism; and no matter what I did I could not break through the 160 pound threshold. A couple of months ago, one of the trainers at the gym I go to recommended that, in addition to taking protein immediately following a workout, I should also ingest some complex carbohydrates as well. He said that this would give my body a ready source of energy to use. I took his advise an purchased Optimum Nutrition's Glyco-Maize, which includes a combination of fast and slow digesting carbohydrates designed to help your body refuel and replenish after a workout. Over the span of the last two months, doing nothing new other than taking a serving of Glyco-Maize with my protein drink after each workout, I have put on 10 pounds - hitting 170. An amazing result for me given the fact that I have spent my entire adult life below 160. Not all of the gain is muscle weight - but at this point I don't care . . . I am just trying to add some weight on my frame). Taste: There really is no taste. The consistency is a little chalky. You definitely want to mix it with some flavored drink - preferably your protein drink. The only downside of this product is that it is very messy. It is a fine powder that gets over everything if it is spilled.