Optimum Nutrition Essential AmiN.O. Energy Reviews

Fruit Fusion
1-20 of 1,437 Reviews

blondeenic83's Rating
Green Apple

I really like this product! Both flavors I got taste great. The green apple is a little stronger flavor than the watermelon. I usually drink 2 scoops if this first thing in the morning or later in the day if I need a pick me up. I feel like it gives me steady energy, nothing that comes on too strong or ends abruptly.

mtbking3000's Rating
Cranberry Orange - Exclusive!

Cranberry Orange is by far my favorite flavor. It taste amazing and really gets you ready to workout no matter what mood you were in. Watermelon is also good but it doesn't beat the Cranberry Orange.

wilber90's Rating

good Product, taste really good

I have enjoyed all of the flavors of this product that I've tried, including Lemon-Lime, Grape and Cranberry Orange (the Cran-Orange is my favorite). I use two-scoops with a shaker full of water and it works out great. I drink this throughout my workout, rather than using as a pre-workout. It works great and sipping on it gives me a sustained level of energy so that I can keep on pushing through, even on tough days. The only, only, only problem I have with this product is that it is very powdery. When I use the scoop, sometimes when it impacts the product, it dusts up onto my hand and even out onto my counter. Very minor issue, I know, but it does leave for a bit of clean-up nearly every time I use it. I will continue to purchase this product as it has great results at a more than reasonable price-point.

My first amino product, from my favorite brand and I can't complain about it. When I take it I feel like my blood is just flowing and my energy is increasing, not as much as standard pre but since this is an amino/energy product I must say the energy boost isn't overdone. I love this flavor too, one serving is enough and it tastes like koolaid or juice... I'd definitely recommend the cranberry orange flavor, or any flavor!!

Therant's Rating
Concord Grape

I like Optimum Nutrition products in general, and this AmiN.O. Energy is great. The taste is awesome - a rich grape flavor that doesn't have the bitter taste some amino powder supps can have. No bad aftertaste at all. Easily a 10 of 10 on flavor. Mixability is excellent. I'll pour it into my water bottle and with just a 4-5 second shake, it's fully mixed. Even while sipping it during my workout, there is almost no particle settling, testifying to it's great mixability - another 10 of 10. Performance is great as well. It gives solid, steady energy when used pre or intra workout. No jittery energy, but consistent real energy that is needed to fuel a grueling workout. Without a doubt, my overall energy and muscle endurance are definitely improved using AmiN.O. Energy. Again, a 10 of 10.

Amnesiacs's Rating
Orange Cooler

I was originally using Cellucor C4 as a pre-workout, but found it really made me crash. It was definitely good for the pump (REALLY good), but that was it. I wanted to find a good pre-workout that gave me the energy I needed without the crash. And I thought having the essential amino acids wouldn't hurt either. I can say it has definitely helped reduce the fatigue directly after a workout - I don't feel like I have to lay down for half an hour after I lift. And my recovery time has been a little better too. On top of that, no crashes. It met every bit of criteria I had and more, and the orange taste is quite pleasant. I also play soccer, and tried useing this pre and intra-play, and when I've finished two scoops with some BCAA's in it, I'll switch to using my gatorade powder. My energy levels stay high during play, a little more than usual, but I find when I'm done I am generally fatigued. After I have a meal though, I'm generally good to go. I'm also a student who doesn't drink coffee, so I tried it when I needed a bit of a pick-me-up during my essay writing times. It definitely woke me up and kept me alert. By no means is this magic, but it is definitely worth the money, whether you just need energy for work, school, or for working out.

dovehiso's Rating
Watermelon

This product taste good. It is easy to drink during your workouts and in the morning. It mixes very well. I put them in a regular bottle and just shake it for 5 seconds and boom, mixes instantly. As for the effect, I don't really know. It can't hurt right ? :)

ashleyhorner's Rating

I will be doing another IRONMAN in April, and I plan to definitely use this again. I used it for my last IRONMAN and I loved it and I could feel the amino energy give me that extra push. I did not make me shaky or make my stomach up set. Recommend this product to everyone.

LittlleJay's Rating
Blue Raspberry

The taste of the Blue Raspberry is really sharp but it's not unpleasent by any means. I took this (4 scoops) with my creatine powder about 30-40 minutes pre-workout and on my way to the gym. I don't usually use caffeine supplements but there's only a small amount in this and i was really impressed with it. Instesad of getting an extra 2 or 3 total reps per workout i was getting an extra 5 or 6 reps per workout whilst i was taking this. It doesn't sound like much but it makes a huge difference

pinkstyrs's Rating
Cranberry Orange - Exclusive!

pinkstyrs did not leave a written review for this product.

eguti0131's Rating
Green Apple

I like this so much. I hate pre workouts they are as bad as energy drinks (monsters, redbulls, etc.) This has aminos and just 100mg of caffeine which is perfect (not a lot) to wake me up even at late hours of the day. I work graveyard shifts so I need to limit the amount of caffeine I take depending on the time so that I can get enough rest. My endurance during my workouts sessions is way longer and durable with less fatigue. I love this product simple and 100% suitable for me.

giggalz's Rating
Cranberry Orange - Exclusive!

Really love this product. It helps give me more umph to keep going in my long workouts. It has also helped me get focus and work on my actual work later in the day (which is very very helpful). The only downside is I needed way more then the serving suggested ..thus making it not last as long as I would like.

gepetto123's Rating

gepetto123 did not leave a written review for this product.

bigdgshasgotit's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Excellent product to take during low carb dieting. Provides sustained energy and mental focus with enjoyable flavors. I personally drink 1-2 servings mid morning and mid afternoon. Helps eliminate hunger pains and cravings.

Christobar's Rating
Green Apple

ok these flavors taste great, and if you take a couple of scoops you'll get a bit of energy boost, and the price is good if you're trying to stock up on a budget, i sip it in between my meals, only thing thats the downside is that optimum nutrition doesn't use as great of ingredients as they could be and that this stuff gives me that tingly feeling that makes me hot. other amino products don't do this.

pap94's Rating
Orange Cooler

Excellent taste mixes great but in order to get the boost in the gym I need minimum three to four scoops which means one tub wont hold for long.

jemills27's Rating
Green Apple

I recently started using this as a preworkout. I love the flavor. I use the mild serving size to get me that boost to hit the gym after I get off work. Gives me just what I need, occasionally I will take the moderate if I want to hit a long hard work out! Works great, super cheap, amazing taste, cant beat this product!

adamcook123's Rating

adamcook123 did not leave a written review for this product.

sizematters69's Rating
Fruit Fusion
Blue Raspberry

sizematters69 did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 1,437 Reviews