NOW Pea Protein Reviews

100% Pure Formula High In Protein And Amino Acids!

Good
5.6
5.6

JMX's Rating
Unflavored

I don't like this product. I've used one scoop and two scoops to make shakes. The taste is horrible, which was unexpected since it is an unflavored. Ironicially the taste overwhelm a shake made with orange juice, yogurt, and frozen fruit. I ordered the 2lbs container, and I'm excited to finish it off. I wouldn't recommend this product.

juauhtemoc's Rating
Unflavored

Been taking pea protein for over a year now. The protein mixes well with most liquids. I personally mix it with 8-10 oz. of sugar free drink and it mixes well. The taste is not horrible but not excellent either. Taste is nowhere near as sweet and flavorful as my ISO-100 or my Dymatize casein but still ok. I give it a 7/10 in taste. The texture is a little dry so you feel it going down in your throat but no biggie.

eekLV's Rating
Unflavored

(03/01/14): This stuff only has one ingredient which is perfect. :D Just be aware that it has 3x the usual amount of sodium than some whey protein powders. :P The taste is decent....not advised to "just add water" if you are picky with taste. :l The texture even after shaking can feel like you are still inhaling dust.....but it shouldn't make you gag. The stuff is really cheaply priced for a considered "healthy" supplelement when compared to others with minimal amount of additives. About to finish my 1st tub and have 2 more tubs on hand. :) Decent stuff.

jaxdave00's Rating
Unflavored

NOW Pea Protein ReviewHi MFP land. I�ve had a few people ask me about the Pea protein I am currently using so I thought I�d write up a quick review for anyone interested. First let me say I usually use Whey as my primary protein supplementation choice. However, I like to switch things up from time to time. I also like to try new things and had heard good reviews on this product. Okay on to the particulars:Taste:So the first time I drank this I pretty much almost threw it up all over the kitchen. I�m not going to sugar coat it&it was not pleasant. I ended up guzzling it down just cause I am not one to waste things but I thought to myself �oh crap, I have like 30 servings of this stuff left!�. However, I quickly become accustomed to the taste

Nickerplease's Rating
Unflavored

This tastes like garbage and I'll probably dump it out. I'd go with hemp protein.

tmacklem's Rating
Unflavored

...Okay, established it tastes like dried vomit. Still a great product however, and if you are trying to do without harmful sweeteners and sugar I s****est mixing it with: almond milk 1 banana cacao powder or cocoa almond butter or peanut butter your sweetener of choice OR frozen blueberries almond milk almond or peanut butter your sweetener of choice So tasty....good as a breakfast shake or post workout if you work out or can make it home from the gym in time. Recommend!

krm523's Rating
Unflavored

This tastes delicious in homemade soups. I put a scoop in my veggie soup and it makes it creamy and adds a good flavor

evo8naglee's Rating
Unflavored

I have made the leap from whey protein to hemp protein and now pea protein. You can't beat the price, the amount of grams of protein per serving and the amino acid profile. It mixes well with just about anything in a blender. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a whey protein alternative.

hybridcav's Rating
Unflavored

hybridcav did not leave a written review for this product.

Edwito's Rating
Unflavored

I like the fact that it's clean and organic protein. The flavor is not good and it's too thick when you mix it with any liquid. I make fruit & vegetable smoothies, so the flavor is not way too strong. I'll continue to but it just because I'm into organic foods.

craigryan89's Rating
Unflavored

I cut out whey and dairy over a year ago, no do I take soy protein. This is a great alternative with 25g per serving, and the most bang for your dollar! The flavor is horrible. I never complain about food, but this is that bad. Small drawback to a great source of alternative protein. My solution to this was blending it with a teaspoon of cinnamon, banana, almond milk, and ice making the perfect smoothie. I will continue to buy this product because I believe in it.

cbohn80's Rating

not a bad product, I don't like it as much as the other milk based proteins I use but it works good in vegetable and fruit juice. I also like having a varied diet which is why I got it. great price too. about half of what I pay for other protiens.

edgeo1978's Rating

This tastes like puke, if you have no taste buds this product is for you! Its gross I dumped the whole container!

rubinodesigns's Rating

It is a challenge to find quality vegan, organic, non gmo protein supplements and NOW Pea Protein was fantastic. It was easily digestible, fast acting, and promoted super lean gains. It is a shame that BB.com has stopped carrying it, I will now have to go elsewhere on the internet for it.

sampsonsimon's Rating

This is a really great product that I've been using for the past year and a half with great success. I see that BB.com has now discontinued this and this is alarming as it has become one of the staples in my diet. I tried ordering from another company but the consistency was not the same even tho it was the same product. It smelled different and the difference in taste was substantial. I hope bb.com will carry this again someday.

ashleyhorner's Rating

I was really excited to finally try this. I have no issues with whey protein, but sometimes I think it would make me a little bloated and gassy. I also Juice a lot, so I just mix in the pea protein into my JUICE blend. I love it, texture is fine and it is unflavored so great to mix in. I will also be making some muffins with this. I am Paleo as well for the most part. So its great to get an on the go protein source. I recommend everyone to try this Live out side the box. Pea Protein sounds scary but dont knock it until you've tried it. Ashley Horner.

theauto's Rating
Unflavored

theauto did not leave a written review for this product.

alexasay13's Rating
Unflavored

This protein is great except for the taste! Since I am allergic to whey based protein this is a great substitute for me. I have been taking it for two months months (I didn't take any protein before) and I have seen significant gains in my strength and size. I recommend this to anyone one who is either lactose-intolerant or vegan who is looking for a good protein source to supplement into their diet. Let me say again, this is not a protein powder for someone who is very picky on taste.

cosmic0's Rating

Others have complained about the taste (like "disgusting). Guess what? It tastes like.....not chicken, but, of all things, PEAS! Not objectionable at all, if you're prepared for that fact beforehand. I'm a vegan, so I take a scoop and a half for insurance. That amount is difficult to get to completely suspend in a coffee mug. No problem though, I just take 3/4 scoop twice a day.

jm1872a's Rating

Doesn't mix well and tastes awful. If you're in the market for vegetarian protein, avoid.