NOW Pea Protein Reviews

100% Pure Formula High In Protein And Amino Acids!

7.9
Good
5.9
5.9

ChefJD37's Rating
Unflavored

This has been one of the better protein powders I have tried. I feel better knowing that it is from plants so I get a break from all the animal proteins. It does leave a grainy texture but it is unlike the grainy texture of whey protein. I don't seem to mind it at all. I also chose to mix it with my whey proteins and weight gainers. Overall great product.

verukia's Rating

This is a great protein powder from plants. Mixes with anything, and does not alter the flavor. It does leave a grani-texture in shakes, but if you don't mind that (like I don't), then you'll like it. It has a good amount of protein per serving. NO Additional ingredients, and I like it so I can keep a balance with my other protein supplements. It's great for baking "protein" stuff!

eekLV's Rating
Unflavored

(02/15/15): UPDATE/EDIT: Product of China. Please boycott all foods, pet toys and baby toys originating or processed in China. <This review overrules my older review. Please read carefully. (03/01/14): This stuff only has one ingredient which is perfect. :D Just be aware that it has 3x the usual amount of sodium than some whey protein powders. :P The taste is decent....not advised to "just add water" if you are picky with taste. :l The texture even after shaking can feel like you are still inhaling dust.....but it shouldn't make you gag. The stuff is really cheaply priced for a considered "healthy" supplelement when compared to others with minimal amount of additives. About to finish my 1st tub and have 2 more tubs on hand. :) Decent stuff.

alisonlifts's Rating
Unflavored

This protein is really awesome in terms of what is in it. I like that it contains iron because as I woman and a vegetarian sometimes I am lacking in it. It is not too hard on my stomach either. Downside--it tastes HORRIBLE. The texture is really thick and the taste is so bad unless I mix it well with something else with a strong taste. Probably won't buy again based on that.

Kmber's Rating

This is a great plant based protein option for me. No added junk like soy, or preservatives. My stomach is super sensitive to protein powders along with being celiac, and this one causes me no problems with good flavor. My favorite is chocolate, very rich flavor, I can mix it with almond milk and it's as good as hot cocoa!

brookedragon's Rating
Unflavored

Pea protein is a great alternative for me since my stomach cannot handle whey or casein. I'm not sure what the exact reasoning is, but I always get very nauseous every time I take whey or casein. Pea protein mixes great and is actually really great to bake with as well! I never feel sick when consuming this protein!

tim86m's Rating
Unflavored

I love this stuff. Really doesn't taste like much of anything if you mix it using 2-3 times more water than the bottle recommends. Super easy to drink that way and I love knowing that i'm not drinking all those artificial sweeteners like other products have. Great price!!

mzakarow's Rating

Buy this stuff all the time. Taste is not great, but at least it has no artificial sweeteners and other garbage found in most protein supp's. Gets the job done, at the end of the day thats all that matters.

tdolanguage's Rating
Unflavored

Oh my does this taste bad. Tastes like a pea soup that's sat on the counter for a long time. BUT, it does work really well. 2 scoops is way too thick. One is nice.

ph625atfit's Rating
Unflavored

Mixed really good and saw results with in a short amount of time! Ill be using this again

sfanders's Rating
Unflavored

For what it is, it is a well made product that suites a specific type of athlete. It is hypoallergenic (unlike whey and egg protein) and thus does not have the potential to cause the long term (or even short term) drawbacks. The taste is well...peas...and the product clearly states its unflavored so I rated it a 10 because it tastes like it should. It mixes well and the added BCAAs make it a well rounded sustained release protein. To prevent digestive difficulties and increase absorption I take it with some carbohydrates (granola, brown rice, etc.). Overall excellent product.

jrs00615's Rating

jrs00615 did not leave a written review for this product.

mazdafitnez's Rating

I use this as my main source of protein and im a vegan bodybuilder. The taste will take a little getting used to, but over all it's excellent!

magus1x's Rating
Unflavored

I got the flavored and unflavored versions. The Vanilla Toffee is pretty good stuff. The unflavored is a great price and does exactly as it should without a focus on "taste buds and their opinions"; it's pretty bland of course. I like the fluffy texture and it mixes well with a cup and spoon. I don't let my taste buds have a say in my decisions because I think that is pretty lame for someone who is serious about their fitness goals. Goodtimes!

Almarr's Rating
Unflavored

I purchased this for baking some cookie recipes. Using whey powder just didn't give the right texture. Cookies came out tasting great with a shortbread sort of texture. As for the taste, it's unflavored, so right on with expectations. Not bad, not good, just bland. I've also used it to mix a protein shake along w/some clean Biochem whey isolate. Works great there as well. Non-GMO, no antibiotics or hormones like you get with 99% of whey powers out there. Excellent overall versatile product.

herpderplifting's Rating
Unflavored

I selected this option of protein due to a fairly recent reaction to whey protein. If I could go back in time, I'd spend a few more bucks and get a flavored version of this product. Regardless, it gets the job done! The flavor is fairly noticeable for being unflavored, and doesn't really shake well in a shaker bottle. However, I figured out that mixing it with chocolate almond milk and some pumpkin spice seasoning helps mask the flavor of peas. I usually blend mine on my ninja and it keeps in the fridge for after my workouts without settling. It's pretty good once you get used to it, but I would definitely prefer a flavored version. I likely will try something else, but for the price, it's a good deal!

ashleyhorner's Rating
Unflavored

I have no issues with whey protein, but sometimes I think it would make me a little bloated and gassy. I also Juice a lot, so I just mix in the pea protein into my JUICE blend. I love it, texture is fine and it is unflavored so great to mix in. I will also be making some muffins with this. I am Paleo as well for the most part. So its great to get an on the go protein source. I recommend everyone to try this Live out side the box. Pea Protein sounds scary but dont knock it until you've tried it. Its much b ether on the digestive system and even safe for breastfeeding! Ashley Horner.

drunkrob's Rating

Great price for a vegan product. I don't find the taste bad not would I describe it as tasty. Lately I have been mixing it with apple sauce and adding some raisins or banana to that mix as I find liquid shakes bother me.

Bluelightningx7's Rating
Unflavored

In terms of taste....this product has the worst taste ever for any protein supplement I have ever tried! The flavor overwhelms my Matcha Green Tea Blend. Its impossible for me to drink with a glass of water using their one scoop...too powdery, dry, and chalky tasting. I will however try with cranberry juice and see if the taste improve. If taste is not an issue, this is a better alternative for healthier protein source...but honestly...I might just switch back to whey protein. At least this experience has taught me to look up not only the product's effectiveness but its flavor as well. How can I benefit from this Pea Protein, if it makes me want to gag every so often?

Papadoes's Rating
Unflavored

Would not buy this again, flavour is not an issue since I blend it with berries but it is very gritty even after it has sat for an hour or more in the fridge.