NOW Pea Protein Reviews

100% Pure Formula High In Protein And Amino Acids!

Good
5.9
5.9

tim86m's Rating
Unflavored

I love this stuff. Really doesn't taste like much of anything if you mix it using 2-3 times more water than the bottle recommends. Super easy to drink that way and I love knowing that i'm not drinking all those artificial sweeteners like other products have. Great price!!

mzakarow's Rating

Buy this stuff all the time. Taste is not great, but at least it has no artificial sweeteners and other garbage found in most protein supp's. Gets the job done, at the end of the day thats all that matters.

tdolanguage's Rating
Unflavored

Oh my does this taste bad. Tastes like a pea soup that's sat on the counter for a long time. BUT, it does work really well. 2 scoops is way too thick. One is nice.

ph625atfit's Rating
Unflavored

Mixed really good and saw results with in a short amount of time! Ill be using this again

sfanders's Rating
Unflavored

For what it is, it is a well made product that suites a specific type of athlete. It is hypoallergenic (unlike whey and egg protein) and thus does not have the potential to cause the long term (or even short term) drawbacks. The taste is well...peas...and the product clearly states its unflavored so I rated it a 10 because it tastes like it should. It mixes well and the added BCAAs make it a well rounded sustained release protein. To prevent digestive difficulties and increase absorption I take it with some carbohydrates (granola, brown rice, etc.). Overall excellent product.

jrs00615's Rating

jrs00615 did not leave a written review for this product.

mazdafitnez's Rating

I use this as my main source of protein and im a vegan bodybuilder. The taste will take a little getting used to, but over all it's excellent!

magus1x's Rating
Unflavored

I got the flavored and unflavored versions. The Vanilla Toffee is pretty good stuff. The unflavored is a great price and does exactly as it should without a focus on "taste buds and their opinions"; it's pretty bland of course. I like the fluffy texture and it mixes well with a cup and spoon. I don't let my taste buds have a say in my decisions because I think that is pretty lame for someone who is serious about their fitness goals. Goodtimes!

Almarr's Rating
Unflavored

I purchased this for baking some cookie recipes. Using whey powder just didn't give the right texture. Cookies came out tasting great with a shortbread sort of texture. As for the taste, it's unflavored, so right on with expectations. Not bad, not good, just bland. I've also used it to mix a protein shake along w/some clean Biochem whey isolate. Works great there as well. Non-GMO, no antibiotics or hormones like you get with 99% of whey powers out there. Excellent overall versatile product.

herpderplifting's Rating
Unflavored

I selected this option of protein due to a fairly recent reaction to whey protein. If I could go back in time, I'd spend a few more bucks and get a flavored version of this product. Regardless, it gets the job done! The flavor is fairly noticeable for being unflavored, and doesn't really shake well in a shaker bottle. However, I figured out that mixing it with chocolate almond milk and some pumpkin spice seasoning helps mask the flavor of peas. I usually blend mine on my ninja and it keeps in the fridge for after my workouts without settling. It's pretty good once you get used to it, but I would definitely prefer a flavored version. I likely will try something else, but for the price, it's a good deal!

ashleyhorner's Rating
Unflavored

I have no issues with whey protein, but sometimes I think it would make me a little bloated and gassy. I also Juice a lot, so I just mix in the pea protein into my JUICE blend. I love it, texture is fine and it is unflavored so great to mix in. I will also be making some muffins with this. I am Paleo as well for the most part. So its great to get an on the go protein source. I recommend everyone to try this Live out side the box. Pea Protein sounds scary but dont knock it until you've tried it. Its much b ether on the digestive system and even safe for breastfeeding! Ashley Horner.

drunkrob's Rating

Great price for a vegan product. I don't find the taste bad not would I describe it as tasty. Lately I have been mixing it with apple sauce and adding some raisins or banana to that mix as I find liquid shakes bother me.

Bluelightningx7's Rating
Unflavored

In terms of taste....this product has the worst taste ever for any protein supplement I have ever tried! The flavor overwhelms my Matcha Green Tea Blend. Its impossible for me to drink with a glass of water using their one scoop...too powdery, dry, and chalky tasting. I will however try with cranberry juice and see if the taste improve. If taste is not an issue, this is a better alternative for healthier protein source...but honestly...I might just switch back to whey protein. At least this experience has taught me to look up not only the product's effectiveness but its flavor as well. How can I benefit from this Pea Protein, if it makes me want to gag every so often?

Papadoes's Rating
Unflavored

Would not buy this again, flavour is not an issue since I blend it with berries but it is very gritty even after it has sat for an hour or more in the fridge.

tedurdahl's Rating
Unflavored

I use this as a flour substitute and it works great. I would not recommend for shakes.

OldJames's Rating
Unflavored

I take this product with me to work and drink a serving during the day to get a little extra protein and some BCAA's. I have tried other pea protein products that are far worse when it comes to flavor. This product does what it is intended to do and I personally had no negative issues with it (some protein supplements affect my stomach, this did not.) I will say the flavor takes a little getting used to and if your a picky person who isn't able to get over the fact that this pea protein tastes like peas (go figure)you may want to look elsewhere. It gets extra points in my book for being GMO free. I will buy again. -Love Old James

japjit100's Rating
Unflavored

hi all first i want talk about taste i drink with water . orange juice . cold coffee apple juice all taste like **** then i tried with crenberry juice it taste excellent go to market buy crenberry juice mix with pea protein see result now i talk about result its work for me its too lite on my stomach if i compare with any whey protein it can give very good competition if you have problem with whey protein then pea protein very good alternative for you im using pea protein because of my acne its also very cheap 24 gram protein in 1 serving

marsig's Rating

I love NOW but this product didn't suit me. Really bad taste but decent in a peanutbutter and banana shake. If you have/had somekind of inflammatory bowel disease (chrones/ulcerative colitis) I would recommend (If you can) trying this before buying because in my case my stomach got so bloated I couldn't eat anything.

mikered14's Rating
Unflavored

I am not at all picky when it comes to taste, but this stuff absolutely disgusting. Would never buy again or recommend based on the taste alone.

ihsan125's Rating
Unflavored

I was asked to rate this when I ordered so here ya go: mixes well in a shaker cup to go, tastes pretty bad but I got unflavored intentionally. What do u expect...unflavored pea powder doesn't sound like it would tasted good. I flavor my shake with fruit/veg in blender most of the time. Good deal price per serving wise. The lady who took my order was supercool as well.