NOW Pea Protein Reviews

100% Pure Formula High In Protein And Amino Acids!

7.7
Good
5.4
5.4

Almarr's Rating
Unflavored

I purchased this for baking some cookie recipes. Using whey powder just didn't give the right texture. Cookies came out tasting great with a shortbread sort of texture. As for the taste, it's unflavored, so right on with expectations. Not bad, not good, just bland. I've also used it to mix a protein shake along w/some clean Biochem whey isolate. Works great there as well. Non-GMO, no antibiotics or hormones like you get with 99% of whey powers out there. Excellent overall versatile product.

herpderplifting's Rating
Unflavored

I selected this option of protein due to a fairly recent reaction to whey protein. If I could go back in time, I'd spend a few more bucks and get a flavored version of this product. Regardless, it gets the job done! The flavor is fairly noticeable for being unflavored, and doesn't really shake well in a shaker bottle. However, I figured out that mixing it with chocolate almond milk and some pumpkin spice seasoning helps mask the flavor of peas. I usually blend mine on my ninja and it keeps in the fridge for after my workouts without settling. It's pretty good once you get used to it, but I would definitely prefer a flavored version. I likely will try something else, but for the price, it's a good deal!

ashleyhorner's Rating
Unflavored

I have no issues with whey protein, but sometimes I think it would make me a little bloated and gassy. I also Juice a lot, so I just mix in the pea protein into my JUICE blend. I love it, texture is fine and it is unflavored so great to mix in. I will also be making some muffins with this. I am Paleo as well for the most part. So its great to get an on the go protein source. I recommend everyone to try this Live out side the box. Pea Protein sounds scary but dont knock it until you've tried it. Its much b ether on the digestive system and even safe for breastfeeding! Ashley Horner.

drunkrob's Rating

Great price for a vegan product. I don't find the taste bad not would I describe it as tasty. Lately I have been mixing it with apple sauce and adding some raisins or banana to that mix as I find liquid shakes bother me.

Bluelightningx7's Rating
Unflavored

In terms of taste....this product has the worst taste ever for any protein supplement I have ever tried! The flavor overwhelms my Matcha Green Tea Blend. Its impossible for me to drink with a glass of water using their one scoop...too powdery, dry, and chalky tasting. I will however try with cranberry juice and see if the taste improve. If taste is not an issue, this is a better alternative for healthier protein source...but honestly...I might just switch back to whey protein. At least this experience has taught me to look up not only the product's effectiveness but its flavor as well. How can I benefit from this Pea Protein, if it makes me want to gag every so often?

Papadoes's Rating
Unflavored

Would not buy this again, flavour is not an issue since I blend it with berries but it is very gritty even after it has sat for an hour or more in the fridge.

tedurdahl's Rating
Unflavored

I use this as a flour substitute and it works great. I would not recommend for shakes.

OldJames's Rating
Unflavored

I take this product with me to work and drink a serving during the day to get a little extra protein and some BCAA's. I have tried other pea protein products that are far worse when it comes to flavor. This product does what it is intended to do and I personally had no negative issues with it (some protein supplements affect my stomach, this did not.) I will say the flavor takes a little getting used to and if your a picky person who isn't able to get over the fact that this pea protein tastes like peas (go figure)you may want to look elsewhere. It gets extra points in my book for being GMO free. I will buy again. -Love Old James

japjit100's Rating
Unflavored

hi all first i want talk about taste i drink with water . orange juice . cold coffee apple juice all taste like **** then i tried with crenberry juice it taste excellent go to market buy crenberry juice mix with pea protein see result now i talk about result its work for me its too lite on my stomach if i compare with any whey protein it can give very good competition if you have problem with whey protein then pea protein very good alternative for you im using pea protein because of my acne its also very cheap 24 gram protein in 1 serving

marsig's Rating

I love NOW but this product didn't suit me. Really bad taste but decent in a peanutbutter and banana shake. If you have/had somekind of inflammatory bowel disease (chrones/ulcerative colitis) I would recommend (If you can) trying this before buying because in my case my stomach got so bloated I couldn't eat anything.

mikered14's Rating
Unflavored

I am not at all picky when it comes to taste, but this stuff absolutely disgusting. Would never buy again or recommend based on the taste alone.

ihsan125's Rating
Unflavored

I was asked to rate this when I ordered so here ya go: mixes well in a shaker cup to go, tastes pretty bad but I got unflavored intentionally. What do u expect...unflavored pea powder doesn't sound like it would tasted good. I flavor my shake with fruit/veg in blender most of the time. Good deal price per serving wise. The lady who took my order was supercool as well.

JMX's Rating
Unflavored

I don't like this product. I've used one scoop and two scoops to make shakes. The taste is horrible, which was unexpected since it is an unflavored. Ironicially the taste overwhelm a shake made with orange juice, yogurt, and frozen fruit. I ordered the 2lbs container, and I'm excited to finish it off. I wouldn't recommend this product.

juauhtemoc's Rating
Unflavored

Been taking pea protein for over a year now. The protein mixes well with most liquids. I personally mix it with 8-10 oz. of sugar free drink and it mixes well. The taste is not horrible but not excellent either. Taste is nowhere near as sweet and flavorful as my ISO-100 or my Dymatize casein but still ok. I give it a 7/10 in taste. The texture is a little dry so you feel it going down in your throat but no biggie.

eekLV's Rating
Unflavored

(03/01/14): This stuff only has one ingredient which is perfect. :D Just be aware that it has 3x the usual amount of sodium than some whey protein powders. :P The taste is decent....not advised to "just add water" if you are picky with taste. :l The texture even after shaking can feel like you are still inhaling dust.....but it shouldn't make you gag. The stuff is really cheaply priced for a considered "healthy" supplelement when compared to others with minimal amount of additives. About to finish my 1st tub and have 2 more tubs on hand. :) Decent stuff.

jaxdave00's Rating
Unflavored

NOW Pea Protein ReviewHi MFP land. I�ve had a few people ask me about the Pea protein I am currently using so I thought I�d write up a quick review for anyone interested. First let me say I usually use Whey as my primary protein supplementation choice. However, I like to switch things up from time to time. I also like to try new things and had heard good reviews on this product. Okay on to the particulars:Taste:So the first time I drank this I pretty much almost threw it up all over the kitchen. I�m not going to sugar coat it&it was not pleasant. I ended up guzzling it down just cause I am not one to waste things but I thought to myself �oh crap, I have like 30 servings of this stuff left!�. However, I quickly become accustomed to the taste

Nickerplease's Rating
Unflavored

This tastes like garbage and I'll probably dump it out. I'd go with hemp protein.

tmacklem's Rating
Unflavored

...Okay, established it tastes like dried vomit. Still a great product however, and if you are trying to do without harmful sweeteners and sugar I s****est mixing it with: almond milk 1 banana cacao powder or cocoa almond butter or peanut butter your sweetener of choice OR frozen blueberries almond milk almond or peanut butter your sweetener of choice So tasty....good as a breakfast shake or post workout if you work out or can make it home from the gym in time. Recommend!

krm523's Rating
Unflavored

This tastes delicious in homemade soups. I put a scoop in my veggie soup and it makes it creamy and adds a good flavor

evo8naglee's Rating
Unflavored

I have made the leap from whey protein to hemp protein and now pea protein. You can't beat the price, the amount of grams of protein per serving and the amino acid profile. It mixes well with just about anything in a blender. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a whey protein alternative.