MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

Sustained Release Protein with Amino Acids for Longer Muscle Building Benefits*

1-20 of 3,315 Reviews

Jyoti58's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Really nice taste.Really good for the price.

chuv1k's Rating
Cookies and Cream

chuv1k did not leave a written review for this product.

akim7990's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Tastes like a smoothie. It's thicker because of the blend of different proteins, has the consistency of casein. I like to drink it as a snack when I need an extra protein boost for the day. This might sound weird, but you can make protein "pudding" out of it by adding minimal milk or water then stirring it. It's more satisfying than the typical sugary Jello.

graysonthacker's Rating
Vanilla

Phase8 is a signature MuscleTech protein, which delivers a blend of milk proteins (whey and casein) in different forms that are designed to flood the body with amino acids from the protein for an 8 hour period after use. Each serving delivers a heavy 26 grams of protein and the most abundant protein in the blend is whey protein concentrate. The carbohydrate and fat content are decent and the cholesterol is around 18% of one's daily value, which isn't overly high. Phase8 also delivers some digestive enzymes as well, which hopefully help aid with digestion. The Phase8 formula is pretty solid. 10/10 on formula. Phase8 mixes decently in 8-10 oz of water or milk. When it is mixed up, Phase8 is somewhat think but the texture is reasonably smooth. The vanilla flavor is pretty good. It is rich and sweet. It is also a good base to mix with other ingredients. 9/10 on flavor. Overall - 10/10

gmann17's Rating
Milk Chocolate

If you are looking for a great tasting protein then do not buy this product!!! Going from Gold Standard to this protein I expected the taste to be better if not similar for the Milk Chocolate. I was definitely wrong. This protein does not mix well with Milk and is very chunky. I would need to add water to my Milk to achieve somewhat of a smooth consistency. Other than that, if you do not mind the taste or chunkiness this is a good protein for its serving size and BCAA's.

omer46's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Best protein out there. Got results and tastes amazing! Recommend to everyone out there!

manzie20's Rating
Milk Chocolate

This is definitely one of the best protein powders that I have had lately. I really liked the milk chocolate flavor. I mixed it with milk and water and it was delicious in both. Mixes easily. It was pretty light on my stomach and didn't leave me feeling full after I drank it. Overall, great product. I would recommend this to anyone.

COWPENS2012's Rating
Strawberry

COWPENS2012 did not leave a written review for this product.

JGuerrisky's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I have been hopping around using different post-workout and protein drinks for a little bit now and this one is not bad at all. To me it does satisfy my feeling after a workout, but when it comes down to taste, I gotta prefer the Chocolate hands down over the Strawberry I had. The Strawberry was way to rich and probably won't be on my list of flavors to order again. However, I like the Phase-8 overall to use and would stick with it again.

Dschreiver's Rating
Vanilla

Taste: 8/10 Normally I am not a big vanilla fan but Muscletech did a great job with this vanilla flavor. very tasty Mixability: 10/10 A few shakes in my shaker was all I needed even while using 2 scoops in only about 10 oz of water Profile: 8.5/10 I love that Muscletech used fast, semi fast, and slow digesting proteins in their blend. For this reason as I did not have a casein protein at the moment I used Phase 8 before bed. My only gripe is there is only 26 grams of protein in a 42 gram serving which make it only 62% protein which is definately on the low end. Overall: 8.5/10 I would definately pick up Phase 8 again if I found it on a good sale. The highlights of this for me was the flavor and the blend of different proteins.

Blake2732's Rating
Cookies and Cream

This is a solid protein powder. The blend is terrific as it delivers various forms of protein and is ideal for any time of the day. It makes it really great for myself because I can use it between meals, after workouts, before bed, WHENEVER! The flavor is good, but I have tried the milk chocolate in the past and would probably recommend that over the Cookies & cream. Both are enjoyable though. This protein has a nice sweet cookies & cream smell as soon as you open the tub. The flavor however wasn't my absolute favorite. It was still good, but I didn't get that separate hit of cookies & then cream like I have in some products. Overall, it is a nice sweet light chocolate flavor that emulates cookies & cream, but isn't QUITE what I would call it. I enjoyed the product, but would label it more as a creamy chocolate than cookies & cream if that makes any sense. Flavor is quite delicious and enjoyable, but just not quite what I was expecting. I really like that it mixes without any issues and makes for a nice thick, satisfying shake even in water (I recommend milk, but it is still good in water). Finally, this is a product you can't beat when it comes to the price/deals. I see BOGO for Phase8 all the time, and you can't get a high quality product for a better than this at BOGO. I would certainly say watch for a deal and give this a shot. My recommendation would be chocolate though.

VegasRocker's Rating
Vanilla

I have been using Phase 8 as an anytime protein because of the great mix of slow and fast digesting proteins. I use it post workout, and before bed. The taste is great and what I like the best is the consistency, not as thin as whey, not as thick as casein, just right. This is also great to stack with other Muscletech products. There are also digestive enzymes, which I think help with reducing the gas and digestive issues I sometimes get from protein. Overall great product.

GLobo87's Rating
Cookies and Cream

This is a great protein. I can feel it fueling my muscles, long after a workout. When I'm going hard in the gym, this comes thru with that punch to get me moving for the next day.

jjhutkowski's Rating

jjhutkowski did not leave a written review for this product.

felix7's Rating

Disappointed the Peanut Butter Chocolate has been discontinued (only in 4 servings available) because, except for JYM Cookie Crunch, this has been the best tasting when mixed with water according to my taste buds. The Chocolate isn't bad either but there is a big difference when the water is very cold compared to room temperature with very cold offering a better taste. My local Walmart has begun stocking the Chocolate and Vanilla which gives me options. Overall, Phase 8 Chocolate, Vanilla, and Peanut Butter Chocolate are all very good in water. The Strawberry was more watered down tasting.

subzero99x's Rating
Cookies and Cream

The profile of this protein is great, but the Cookies and Cream flavor has me scratching my head. When I was younger, I worked at an Ice Cream parlor and Cookies and Cream milkshakes were on my top five favorite list. This doesn't read as anything close to that whatsoever. As far as protein goes, when I'm comparing this flavor to say MTS Machine Whey: Gourmet Cookies and Cream, it doesn't even compare. Maybe the protein blend has something to do with the departure, but my mind can't wrap around any distinguishable familiar flavor. It's somewhere between vanilla and banana to me, with chunks of a crunchy "something" in it. It doesn't tast BAD mind you, just not "Cookies and Cream".

cartertt11's Rating

Slow digesting protein works awesome for me when I mix it up at night before bed.

charliemore1112's Rating
Cookies and Cream

cant go wrong with any of the flavors. wish they would come out with a chocolate mint though

ryanddawg98's Rating

Really sweet and flavorful

jackiiedd4's Rating

jackiiedd4 did not leave a written review for this product.

1-20 of 3,315 Reviews