MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

White Chocolate
1-20 of 3,119 Reviews

Bradtrez's Rating
Cookies and Cream

this product was fantastic, easy to mix and shake, tasted delicious. Provided great results, was hardly sore in the morning after drinking this

Baxter90's Rating

I love this stuff. It's the only protein powder that I've found that tastes good with water and the shot of BCAAs and Glutamine gives you better bang for your buck.

ColeBecks's Rating
Strawberry
Milk Chocolate

Taste great and its low cal! Awesome price too! I will buy it again for sure. and it mixes well

JustinJacob88's Rating

I can honestly say this is THE BEST protein I've ever used - and i've used them all. Phase8 blows the competition out of the water in my opinion. I'll break it down for ya here on the strawberry flavor which i like best between that and chocolate and PB chocolate.. Taste: 10/10 - Mixability: 10/10 - mixes perfectly with milk or water, not gritty or clumpy. just a bit of foam at the top which indicates quality whey isolate. Nutrition: 10/10 - I almost want to give a lower rating in fear that I sound like a shill. But this stuff really does have it all. Mid range calories (its not a bulker fellas). 26 grams protein per scoop, 7 grams carbs (only one 1 gram of which is sugar) - this stuff is loaded with additional BCAAs and glutamine. Digestion: 9/10 - This stuff does not upset the stomach in the least. some proteins leave you feeling bloated or just plain sick. this stuff has a real clean feel. i feel great after slamming a shake after a workout or just mid day to get in some extra macros. Price: 9/10 - we'd all like to see protein prices drop, but thats just not a reality. everything else is going up and this stuff is not outrageously priced.

MaxAttax90's Rating
Vanilla

MuscleTech Phase8 is the most complete, best tasting protein on the market. The Chocolate flavor is excellent. Mix it with water or add a banana and peanut butter for a meal replacement shake. It tastes amazing and mixes to a great consistency. I usually just use either a ball shaker when im on the move and have no issue with consistency. The ingredient profile is second to none. I workout in the morning and use this for my post workout and it's very fulling and nourishing post workout. Aids well in recovery.

LarkVader's Rating
Peanut Butter Chocolate - Exclusive!

I got this protein quite a white back, and although it was a bit pricey, it tasted really good. It was a good mid-meal snack as opposed to a real source of protein for my diet. As of recently, however, the lawsuit has been settled and MuscleTech has been caught amino-acid spiking in many different products, including Phase8. I will likely never use a MuscleTech product again, as they are stealing money from consumers by lying and trying to save money through a shortcut (albeit, a very obvious and very traceable short-cut). Stupid business decision.

brziegler14's Rating
Peanut Butter Chocolate - Exclusive!

I love Muscletech's Phase8 protein and have not had a better tasting protein powder than the peanut butter chocolate flavor. This protein mixes great with water or milk, and if you enjoy mixing protein powder in with oatmeal or greek yogurt this is the protein for you!

buckman25's Rating

Flavor is great. Ninja blender blends it great. I take 30 mins prior to workout (2 scoops) and the another does before bed at night. So far so good. Price is in the middle of everything else. I've been using muscle tech products since early 2000 when cell tech and nitro tech were the big thing

Kadoobiedo's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Picked this up at a local store because I was short on cash and needed protein. Boy do I regret that. I know about the claims of phase 8 being spiked, I was OK with that because of the price point. However, this stuff is hardly edible. First I mixed it up with whole milk, and holy **** does it make a thick shake. It's almost sludge. Imagine the weight of a bottle of water, now picture that weighing 3x as much with the same volume, thats how thick and heavy this stuff is. I was able to get the first shake down, but it took me about a half hour. As far as taste goes, the milk chocolate has a very strong (nasty) dark chocolate flavor with a chemical aftertaste. It is also very gritty and very chalky. I tried mixing it with oatmeal and peanut butter for my second shake and it did nothing to mask the protein flavor. In fact the added ingredients turned it basically into a liquid-solid. I lastly tried it with just water, and nearly vomited after my first sip. Throwing the rest out.

RockChalk1121's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Very thick and foamy despite increased water amounts, milk or placed in a blender. I can never completely empty my shaker bottle without leaving a ton of foam at the bottom. Not very pleased with this product.

bigsweetdaddy's Rating

This product tastes great.

Dalinnashworth's Rating
Vanilla

Let's see here... MuscleTech's Phase 8 is a good product, tastes great, mixes really well just like most other proteins. I only gave the vanilla a not so good taste rating because I don't like vanilla most things and when I ordered it last they were out of my usual flavor. I only gave it a 7 out of 10 because as advertised it says it feeds your muscles for 8 hours give or take a bit but usually regardless of taking one or two scoops after my workout I would be very hungry within the hour. Granted I usually eat right after my workout anyway but on the occasion when I would take it and not eat I felt like I was starving and to me if it feeds my muscles for 8 hours I don't think I should be that hungry after, especially considering that this doesn't usually occur with most other proteins I take or have taken. However it is still a good product and I would recommend it if you're looking for something to help you lean out or supplement it with a casein at night or a creatine.

jjman1964's Rating

jjman1964 did not leave a written review for this product.

JWCornelius's Rating

i love mixing this chocolate protein with a glass of cold milk. it really makes me feel like a muscle bound freak #recovery

Dan7e's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I finished the 5lb jug a few weeks ago. Flavour was good for a chocolate when mixed with almond milk and water. Not good enough to buy on taste alone but decent. It also mixed pretty well. I used before bed while on a bulk. Didn't put on too much fat but did add a decent amount of size, maybe 5lbs of muscle in a month. Whether you can attribute that to the additional calories or using phase 8, who can say. When its on sale, its a good deal. Otherwise I will try other casein mixes and come back to this one when i want to mix it back in or its on a great deal.

HomeGymHero's Rating

Vanilla tastes amazing mixes well with water or milk, cant rate this product enough. I take after workout and before bed and it has helped me feed my muscles after intense workouts.

ctannstarr's Rating
Vanilla

ctannstarr did not leave a written review for this product.

sebast1an09's Rating
Milk Chocolate

This is by far the worst protein I've ever had. The only reason why I bought this is because they had a sale. I think it was BOGO free. Anyways...I haven't even finished the second container because of how bad it tastes and how poorly it blends. On a cup it will always be chunky. Even on a blender it would never completely blend. I would not recommend this to anyone! I'm sticking to Optimum Nutrition or JYM.

kal081981's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I like this product more so for the different protein and amount of BCAA. I will say that if you have a blender it is awesome and I add half a banana. When I just use my shaker cup it can be hard to mix vs other proteins but I think it is because Casein is a thicker protein which this product has.

dacunzato30's Rating

Ok product, not the best quality protein out there. Same goes for the mixing. I've had good quality protein and you can see the difference when mixing etc. This product is a little chalky, it seems most phase8 proteins are. Probably wouldn't buy again ever. Good prices and deals though!

1-20 of 3,119 Reviews