MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

Sustained Release Protein with Amino Acids for Longer Muscle Building Benefits*

1-20 of 3,306 Reviews

sherm2424's Rating
Vanilla

vanilla- really thick artificial tasting

roscoem11's Rating
Vanilla

Am a regular ON 100% Whey user but decided to switch it up and bought this item once before and it was pretty good. This time it was on discount and I wasnt too happy about the protein powder after receiving it. The powder looked more like sand than powder and had a sand like taste to it. Ended up just using it for smoothies instead of post or pre workout didnt wanna waste a 5lb tub! Probably stick to ON Whey after this...

noahmartell's Rating
Vanilla

One scoop vanilla + one scoop strawberry. Try it and thank me later :)

ginovasco's Rating
Cookies and Cream

I'm following a tight diet and this protein powder is helping me satisfy my cravings. Oh yeah, and it's getting me a whole bunch of must needed protein. Cookies & cream is the best. Actually reminds me of C&C rather than that weird grainy fake cookie taste I've had with other proteins.

aliatuf's Rating
Strawberry

Got bored of vanilla and chocolate protein powders so I tried the Strawberry. This stuff is a real knockout! Blend with ice and it tastes like a smoothies, with a lot less work!

waldomanfried's Rating

I find casein very think and heavy in my stomach. Phase8 is a great alternative for a protein that digests very slow but mixes great and doesn't make me bloated.

roydermid123's Rating
Milk Chocolate

My go to protein before bed. The slow digesting protein keeps me full until morning

SparksMuscle's Rating
Vanilla

Amazing! Tastes the best with fat free/skim milk. I've had 1 container of Strawberry 4.4lbs and 3 containers of the Vanilla 2.0lbs each. Both flavors are great tasting, but the Vanilla is EPIC! I have 2 scoops and drink as I'm headed to work in the morning instead of Pop Tarts. I also have 1 scoop at night before I go to bed instead of snacking. Phase 8 has certainly helped me change my ways and now I can plan my meals better instead of eating junk. Get the larger Blender Bottle (20+ oz) as you need the extra room once you add the recommended 16 oz of liquid for the 2 scoops. Pour liquid first, then scoops. Mixes great, but I'm not someone who complains about mixing anyways cause its food not a soft drink, lets be realistic. I could go on about how good the Vanilla is but I feel people care too much about taste and maybe not enough about what the product does for you. I've played around with not having the 1 scoop before bed, but it does wonders for my digestion, and I don't wake up feeling hungry. Also, after my two scoops in the morning, I'm good till around 1pm+. Without it, I'm starving by 11:30am. The deals on BodyBuilding.com are great when they come around. Unrelated to the function of Phase 8, the design of the packaging looks killer as well. Who cares really, but when it sits on your counter all the time, doesn't hurt either. Catches your eye as you walk by it on the way to snack and reminds you to stay on track.

corrilove's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I love this product - its a great meal replacement just before bed when you need those key Aminos, after a long day at work, training, and errands, its a quick refuel. when you've been mealing all day, you don't wanna eat anymore, but you're hungry... maybe its close to bed time, way past meal times, and you've got that insatiable hunger (you know what im talking about!!) this product is THE product!! it changes up the bodybuilding game! using this product in a shake is more enjoyable - its a thicker consistency which makes it hard to swallow just in water or milk by itself like they recommend, so i throw some icecubes in a mini blender with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 filtered water, making it less dense and easily consumable. other than the thick consistency of the powder, the flavour on the jug, is actually what the supps taste like! shocker! how rare.... side note: I wouldn't use this product on a regular basis, its a lower end, slow release amino/BCAA. So its full of additives, but its effectiveness is still very adequate.

ShoelessPoimen's Rating

Phase 8 - the good the bad and the ugly First of all I'd like to thank MuscleTech for sending me samples to review. And in the case of the Strawberry flavor, sending me a gift card to purchase it. The good - This stuff mixes great for the type of protein it is. I didn't even need a blender ball to mix it up. The vanilla flavor is hands down the most delicious vanilla protein I've ever had, as is the strawberry. The milk chocolate isn't bad but it isn't great either. It's good but not great. I mixed both with whole milk as well as a coconut almond milk blend and the consistency was like a creamy milkshake. The blend of proteins works well to stick with you for hours after drinking. I could really feel the protein at work most of the day. Not in a gross I wanna get this out of my body way, or in a oh great I'm not gonna get any calories in cause I'm so full kinda way either. As funny as it sounds it was a bit comforting to feel it stick with me so long. The bad - My body just doesn't like whey and casein very much. Listen MuscleTech, it's not you its me. I've not found a whey or casein or mix thereof that doesn't bloat me. I will say that the digestive blend they add to this made it the most enjoyable to digest as awkward as that is for you to read. I usually have way more discomfort when digesting whey and casein. If I had any discomfort it was very minimal. The ugly - The milk chocolate is not gluten free. I made the mistake of only reading the vanilla ingredient label. I got most of the way through a serving of chocolate before reading the label. That was an ugly thing. Any of you who are GF will know what I mean. The only other ugly side effect of the Phase 8 was a slight increase in gas that came out of both ends. I know it's more info than you wanted to know, but it's a fair warning non the less. Again that could just be the fact that my body doesn't seem to like digesting whey and casein. Overall I would say it's a great product for those who like this type of protein blend. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great tasting, very well mixing, long lasting multi protein blend.

Adaman66's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I have tried both Vanilla and Milk Chocolate. Both taste great but I favor the Milk Chocolate. They are a fine powder and mix great in both water and milk. I like the extended release mix of proteins and feel the benefits in my recovery taking this after a workout. Also take it first thing in the morning with breakfast and it helps carry me through until lunch. Good list of ingredients. I would definitely recommend Phase 8 to anyone.

markatchison's Rating
Vanilla

Just ordered on a special. I like the fact that it's slow release and can sip it a couple of times throughout the day to reap the benefits. It doesn't make me feel bloated like others. Tastes decent

cjc219's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Too sweet for a protein powder. Tastes like blob of sugar. It doesn't mix well either so that's not good either

BillyJamesEMT13's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Phase-8 is the only protein I use. Best tasting! High quality! Has worked so well for me!! Will keep on using and buying!! MuscleTech has great products!! Highly recommended!!

cruano's Rating
Milk Chocolate

cruano did not leave a written review for this product.

IvanJCorbin's Rating
Strawberry

I really enjoyed this protein powder i have had both chocolate and strawberry. I use this specific protein powder for post workouts, and non workout days. The powder is easy to mix and makes a great ice blend mocha coffee. Since i started using this brand i have felt better and in my opinion look better i also went up from 199 to 209. Definitely believe in phase 8 and would suggest to anyone.

jaredbibeault's Rating
Milk Chocolate

its not 100% micellar casein which is best for a pm protein shake. but it works for me and its cheaper. overall I like it. taste good and fills me up before bed!

Ernesto01042438's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Ernesto01042438 did not leave a written review for this product.

BrandonClark06's Rating

Hey everyone! The guys over there at MuscleTech were nice enough to send me a free supply of the Vanilla and Milk Chocolate flavor of their PHASE 8 back in the day. And this time around I got the chance to try the Strawberry. Love it! And you know what? It's pretty darn good guys. The Strawberry flavor tasted like a smoothie, not overbearing at all. It mixes very well and doesn't leave you with a bloated feeling like some of these brands do. All in all, hands down this stuff is great. Great quality product here, folks. Thanks MuscleTech.

Hoully111's Rating
Strawberry

I love strawberry phase 8 it tastes delicious and doesnt have that usual nasty protein after taste that most protein powders have this is my favorite brand of protein I've ever had and packs a solid amount of protein per serving at an affordable price love this stuff

1-20 of 3,306 Reviews