MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

Vanilla
1-20 of 2,917 Reviews

2FAST4YU's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Phase 8 is nothing short of awesome! I can't stress the deliciousness of this enough. All I got to say is if you haven't tried this, you're missing out. If you currently have it, you know where this is at.

jdsnyds's Rating
Peanut Butter Chocolate - Exclusive!

I've been using Muscletech Phase 8 for about 3 weeks and I am VERY impressed. This is by far the best tasting protein shake I've ever had. Containing 26g protein, 6 Protein Sources, 2.2g glutamine & 4.6g BCAAs makes the profile simply outstanding. If you want one of the best tasting protein shakes on the market with also one of the best ingredient line ups, give Phase 8 a try. You will not be disappointed.

rolo1971's Rating
Cookies and Cream

I purchased a sample of the Muscletech Phase 8 cookies and cream. This is truly heaven in a bottle. The flavor ranks up there with one of the best flavors of all time. I mixed with water and enjoyed every bit of it. Phase 8 is packed with 26 grams of sustained released protein, 2.2 grams of glutamine, and 4.6 grams of BCAAs. The proof is in the pudding. This is a great product and I highly recommend. The price is great and I recommend stocking up when you find it on bodybuilding.com. This is definitely a staple in my diet and workout regimen. I highly recommend Phase 8 to anyone from a fitness novice to a seasoned fitness enthusiast.

Gevas's Rating

I've had the chocolate version and just recently purchased the vanilla version. Both are pretty good but vanilla is whey (get it?) better tasting in my opinion. The chocolate version is a bit thick like most casein. As a side note, never buy the Walmart brand, Six-Star. It's terrible.

Steveburns555's Rating

I received this product in the mail today and after opening the protein you can smell a strong cake battery like sent that smells delicious!I mixed my protein in water and the product mixed very well. It almost had a milky texture to it even with the water. After sipping on this after my work out I was impressed they nailed the flavor. If your looking for a quality protein blend look no further. My suggestion is to take two scoops and let it fuel your muscles for hours. Over all can't really ask for a better product taste and profile wise.

jsnyder23's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Love this protein. If you haven't had the peanut butter and chocolate you are missing out. This is great because it has both whey and casein which gives you both a quick hit of protein and a slower digestion to really help refuel you after an intense workout or you can take if right before bed to aid you with the overnight fasting. Great product.

WOLFBBGOLD's Rating
Strawberry

Phase 8 rocks. The strawberry is the best flavor in all the brands I have tired. I am a big strawberry lover. Use 1 scoop post-workout and mix great in even small amount of water. This is a good blend and keep you full for longer than a isolate. Good treat after long workout and blend gives energy for many hours. This is my favorite blend!!!

kicker079's Rating

I ordered Phase II because it was on a buy one get one. I find this product to be very thick and when you shake it in your cup it is quite frothy for a long time. The taste is ok and I feel this is an overall decent protein product. I found the only way I really like it is to mix it half and half with my ON protein. I would say give it a try you might like it I probably won't be reordering.

tleonard1986's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Milk Chocolate is my go to protein. I buy this stuff in the 5 pound bags now. I take it before I go to sleep and after my workout. I've tried so many types of protein and I always come back to this one. Its my favorite by far. It was part of my supplement stack when I first got in shape back in 2013. So, I have it in my cupboard and I always buy it in bulk when its on sale. Try some out, the flavor is always better than anything out there. Mix it with almond or rice milk in a blender to get a THICK milkshake.

Gungrave223's Rating
Strawberry

Although this isn't something that i would take right after the gym, its an excellent replacement for a smaller meal. Also the Strawberry wasn't half bad either.

nluce311's Rating

Great product for gainers. Slow digesting protein that is delicious. Free samples with a review whats not to like.

hyena0724's Rating

I wanted to update my review. I have had the opportunity to try out the new flavors; cookies and cream and peanut butter chocolate. I've tried the others, and my favorite before these came out was Chocolate. Here are my thoughts: Usually when other flavors other than Vanilla/Chocolate they tend to be on a synthetic taste side. I'm happy to report this is not the case with Cookies and Cream and Peanut Butter Chocolate. I blend it up in my magic bullet with a few cubes of ice and it gets thick like a milkshake. It doesn't matter if you are contest prepping or on the off season, it's a nice treat without feeling guilty afterwards. I also tend to add some milk and blend it up in a thicker consistency and let it sit the freezer for a little bit and it's like ice cream. The ingredient profile is great, high grade protein sources and digestive enzymes. I take this 2-3 times a day and have seen signaficant muscle gains.

ccpratt39's Rating

This product is incredibly misleading and pretty much all it has going for it is its taste. First of all, you can look at the serving size and right away something's off. 41g is a pretty big scoop and 26g of "protein" is not eye popping. I put "protein" because this is where the deception really happens. First off, its nitrogen spiked (amino spiked, protein spiked, etc.) which you can tell by the ridiculous amount of random amino acids in the ingredients (-ine words) these pretty much boost the nitrogen count in the powder. Protein is indirectly measured in these powders by actually measuring the amount of nitrogen in the powder. They've clearly added cheap alternatives instead of actual protein, boosting the nitrogen count, and making it look like there's more protein than there really is. Also, look at the blend in the ingredients list. Stuff is listed in order of how much of it there is. So basically the earlier its listed, the more of it there is. In the blend, whey protein isolate (the good stuff) is listed dead last, meaning most of the blend is other stuff. The other good protein in there is casein. But that's second last. Another good way to see how they're ripping you off is by looking at the calcium content. Casein is high in calcium, and if you buy pure casein protein you'll see its got around 400mg of calcium in it (calcium % daily value is 1000mg in case they list it as a percentage). Phase 8 has 20mg. "But it's a blend, its not like its all casein". Yea well plenty of other blends are around 150-200mg, and about the same price. Point is, BOGOs on protein powders are usually rips, and this one is no exception. NOT SAYING MUSCLETECH is a crap brand, I use their platinum casein and get great results and theres no BS in that, it's just that you get what you pay for. spend another $5 and you'll get better results. I promise you.

D40foster's Rating

I have used and still use most flavors they all taste pretty good. I mix with organic milk in a shaker. It is clumpy with water unless a blender is used. It is nice and thick and stays with you for a few hours.

RickS1169's Rating

Amino spiked. Huge disappointment. Tastes great though

bschafer2747's Rating
Cookies and Cream

This protein is great because it releases over a long period of time. The taste is great with milk, but with water it tastes kind of gritty. The Strawberry flavor and milk tastes very close to a strawberry milkshake.

btjordan23's Rating

Love this protein! Works great! PB & Chocaolate flavor is the best tasting protein I've had.

Youngmarkymark's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Bought this because it was on special and had good reviews. Unfortunately it was hard to mix in my shaker bottle and is clumpy. The flavor was very chalky and dry. I would not buy this again.

dtickle11's Rating

I've been using this product for the past two years when I'm broke because it's always on sale and it tastes amazing. It doesn't mix well lol. I really don't even feel like it does that good of a job on the recovery either (everybody is different though). If you have the money to spend, buy something else. There has to a catch to why this is constantly bogo. But omggg it tastes so good!

liamhope's Rating
Peanut Butter Chocolate - Exclusive!

Love the flavour. I put this in my coffee in the morning so that i can benefit from the rapid and slow-digesting proteins. Very creamy taste and mixes pretty well

1-20 of 2,917 Reviews