MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

Sustained Release Protein with Amino Acids for Longer Muscle Building Benefits*

1-20 of 3,302 Reviews

IvanJCorbin's Rating
Strawberry

I really enjoyed this protein powder i have had both chocolate and strawberry. I use this specific protein powder for post workouts, and non workout days. The powder is easy to mix and makes a great ice blend mocha coffee. Since i started using this brand i have felt better and in my opinion look better i also went up from 199 to 209. Definitely believe in phase 8 and would suggest to anyone.

jaredbibeault's Rating
Milk Chocolate

its not 100% micellar casein which is best for a pm protein shake. but it works for me and its cheaper. overall I like it. taste good and fills me up before bed!

Ernesto01042438's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Ernesto01042438 did not leave a written review for this product.

BrandonClark06's Rating

Hey everyone! The guys over there at MuscleTech were nice enough to send me a free supply of the Vanilla and Milk Chocolate flavor of their PHASE 8 back in the day. And this time around I got the chance to try the Strawberry. Love it! And you know what? It's pretty darn good guys. The Strawberry flavor tasted like a smoothie, not overbearing at all. It mixes very well and doesn't leave you with a bloated feeling like some of these brands do. All in all, hands down this stuff is great. Great quality product here, folks. Thanks MuscleTech.

Hoully111's Rating
Strawberry

I love strawberry phase 8 it tastes delicious and doesnt have that usual nasty protein after taste that most protein powders have this is my favorite brand of protein I've ever had and packs a solid amount of protein per serving at an affordable price love this stuff

grizzywald's Rating

Great Product.

KevinM72's Rating
Vanilla

bought the vanilla and used it between meals and after workouts. taste is really good, made some orange smoothies from recipe on muscletech's web site and they are awesome, even the kids drank them. quality product and like the mix of protein with the fast and slow digesting.

alxz777's Rating
Milk Chocolate

In August I ordered a Phase 8 4.4lbs Milk Chocolate flavor which for me was an overall rating of 10 and taste 10. Thus, recently, in November, I bought again Phase 8 2lbs with Milk Chocolate flavor, surprise when I taste the first shake something feels different and not in a good way, I look on the supplements facts of the 4lbs recipient I just finished and compare with the 2lbs I just bought and notice the supplement facts are different even though it is the same flavor. Then I check on bodybuilding.com the supplement facts for both recipient sizes, 2lbs and 4.4lbs, with Milk Chocolate flavor and see they were updated for both to the label on the 2lbs I just tasted. This means the Milk Chocolate I ordered in August is not the Milk Chocolate I got in November, I would call the one purchased in November, and still sold on bodybuilding.com, the Phase 8 Milk Chocolate version 2.0 with a different taste due to different recipe (more calories, more sugar, more cholesterol, more carbs, less fat 1.5gr total of which 1g saturated and 0.5g doesn't say, more calcium, less iron and more sodium) which is why my final rating for this product is (very good product 10 + very bad product 1)/2 = 5.5, final grade 5. If Muscletech changes the recipe, which I was not expecting and bought with confidence without prior review of the supplement facts to notice the change, and does not inform on the label a change occurred from previous supplement facts advertised, then I would expect at least bodybuilding.com to put a warning/notice when they update the supplement facts on the website that a change in the recipe has occurred. Also the 2 lbs recipient says on the supplement facts servings per container approx. 22 (907gr/42gr = 21.595 servings), the 4.4 lbs recipient says approx. 50 serving per container (1995.81gr/42gr = 47.519 servings), very interesting approximation rule differences, patented Muscletech like the recipe changes. After this experience Phase 8 definitely is crossed of my supplement list, this is not a pleasant learning experience for me and hope it will be useful for others buying products in general after reading this review to pay attention and check every time the supplement facts before buying, don't assume the product specs stay the same even though the name is still the same, even though in my opinion the name should change if the content has changed.

SarahAfshar's Rating
Milk Chocolate

What makes this protein powder so interesting is the fact that it contains a plethora of proteins. It is also slow digesting and promotes fasting absorption, which makes it a great medium to consume once/twice daily so it's convenient. Although I believe this helps tremendously with my workouts, the after taste leaves little to be desired. As much as I enjoy this protein powder by MuscleTech, it is one of my least favorites. The taste doesn't measure up to other MuscleTech protein powders such as Nitro Tech and the 100% Whey Advanced. Because of it's slow acting complex, it is superior in terms of effectiveness because it contains an unique blend.

Bsl1987's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I have taken both strawberry and milk chocolate phase 8 and love both they taste delicious and neither have that usual nasty protein after taste that most protein powders have this is my favorite brand of protein I've ever had and packs a solid amount of protein per serving at an affordable price love this stuff

C1stealth's Rating

Excellent protein. I like the idea of fast and slow digesting protein! I mix this in my Greek yogurt which is also delicious. Chocolate is good and mixes well in 16 or more ozs. Peanut butter is my favorite and also mixes well. Vanilla mixes well but I'm not a huge vanilla fan. It has a slight casein graininess but still mixes well.

• mst826
mst826's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Fantastic Protein!! Definitely my favorite base protein. Highly recommend to all!!

kinglowe78's Rating

Best protein on the market

Jyoti58's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Really nice taste.Really good for the price.

chuv1k's Rating
Cookies and Cream

chuv1k did not leave a written review for this product.

akim7990's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Tastes like a smoothie. It's thicker because of the blend of different proteins, has the consistency of casein. I like to drink it as a snack when I need an extra protein boost for the day. This might sound weird, but you can make protein "pudding" out of it by adding minimal milk or water then stirring it. It's more satisfying than the typical sugary Jello.

graysonthacker's Rating
Vanilla

Phase8 is a signature MuscleTech protein, which delivers a blend of milk proteins (whey and casein) in different forms that are designed to flood the body with amino acids from the protein for an 8 hour period after use. Each serving delivers a heavy 26 grams of protein and the most abundant protein in the blend is whey protein concentrate. The carbohydrate and fat content are decent and the cholesterol is around 18% of one's daily value, which isn't overly high. Phase8 also delivers some digestive enzymes as well, which hopefully help aid with digestion. The Phase8 formula is pretty solid. 10/10 on formula. Phase8 mixes decently in 8-10 oz of water or milk. When it is mixed up, Phase8 is somewhat think but the texture is reasonably smooth. The vanilla flavor is pretty good. It is rich and sweet. It is also a good base to mix with other ingredients. 9/10 on flavor. Overall - 10/10

gmann17's Rating
Milk Chocolate

If you are looking for a great tasting protein then do not buy this product!!! Going from Gold Standard to this protein I expected the taste to be better if not similar for the Milk Chocolate. I was definitely wrong. This protein does not mix well with Milk and is very chunky. I would need to add water to my Milk to achieve somewhat of a smooth consistency. Other than that, if you do not mind the taste or chunkiness this is a good protein for its serving size and BCAA's.

omer46's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Best protein out there. Got results and tastes amazing! Recommend to everyone out there!

manzie20's Rating
Milk Chocolate

This is definitely one of the best protein powders that I have had lately. I really liked the milk chocolate flavor. I mixed it with milk and water and it was delicious in both. Mixes easily. It was pretty light on my stomach and didn't leave me feeling full after I drank it. Overall, great product. I would recommend this to anyone.

1-20 of 3,302 Reviews