MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

Sustained Release Protein with Amino Acids for Longer Muscle Building Benefits*

1-20 of 3,307 Reviews

johnson31d's Rating
Vanilla

This is one of my favorite tasting protein supplements! I typically use this as the protein source in two of my six to seven meals a day given the whey and casein blend for both immediate and long term protein absorption.

mwissman's Rating

mwissman did not leave a written review for this product.

mattjkehler's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Mixes well, tastes good, does what it should. But am I the only one who gets TERRIBLE gas from it?? I'm usually an Optimum Nutrition or Jym user but switched it up based on a pro's recommendation. I'm going back! My wife can't handle it!!

nicoleliving's Rating
Strawberry

nicoleliving did not leave a written review for this product.

Blitzkriegm5's Rating

great new tasting protein

DavisMGarcia's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Mixability wasn't to great, unless you like a thick protein. Taste was mediocre.

DAiles55's Rating

Taste great and good results. Awesome for building muscle!

gaboterol's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Good product i felt the changes in my body.

sherm2424's Rating
Strawberry

vanilla- really thick artificial tasting; strawberry- tastes like that pink medicine i used to take out of the alligator measuring cup... not sure if that's good or bad

steve_nash's Rating

This protein tastes terrible. I would not recommend to anyone

roscoem11's Rating
Vanilla

Am a regular ON 100% Whey user but decided to switch it up and bought this item once before and it was pretty good. This time it was on discount and I wasnt too happy about the protein powder after receiving it. The powder looked more like sand than powder and had a sand like taste to it. Ended up just using it for smoothies instead of post or pre workout didnt wanna waste a 5lb tub! Probably stick to ON Whey after this...

ginovasco's Rating
Cookies and Cream

I'm following a tight diet and this protein powder is helping me satisfy my cravings. Oh yeah, and it's getting me a whole bunch of must needed protein. Cookies & cream is the best. Actually reminds me of C&C rather than that weird grainy fake cookie taste I've had with other proteins.

aliatuf's Rating
Strawberry

Got bored of vanilla and chocolate protein powders so I tried the Strawberry. This stuff is a real knockout! Blend with ice and it tastes like a smoothies, with a lot less work!

waldomanfried's Rating

I find casein very think and heavy in my stomach. Phase8 is a great alternative for a protein that digests very slow but mixes great and doesn't make me bloated.

roydermid123's Rating
Milk Chocolate

My go to protein before bed. The slow digesting protein keeps me full until morning

SparksMuscle's Rating
Vanilla

Amazing! Tastes the best with fat free/skim milk. I've had 1 container of Strawberry 4.4lbs and 3 containers of the Vanilla 2.0lbs each. Both flavors are great tasting, but the Vanilla is EPIC! I have 2 scoops and drink as I'm headed to work in the morning instead of Pop Tarts. I also have 1 scoop at night before I go to bed instead of snacking. Phase 8 has certainly helped me change my ways and now I can plan my meals better instead of eating junk. Get the larger Blender Bottle (20+ oz) as you need the extra room once you add the recommended 16 oz of liquid for the 2 scoops. Pour liquid first, then scoops. Mixes great, but I'm not someone who complains about mixing anyways cause its food not a soft drink, lets be realistic. I could go on about how good the Vanilla is but I feel people care too much about taste and maybe not enough about what the product does for you. I've played around with not having the 1 scoop before bed, but it does wonders for my digestion, and I don't wake up feeling hungry. Also, after my two scoops in the morning, I'm good till around 1pm+. Without it, I'm starving by 11:30am. The deals on BodyBuilding.com are great when they come around. Unrelated to the function of Phase 8, the design of the packaging looks killer as well. Who cares really, but when it sits on your counter all the time, doesn't hurt either. Catches your eye as you walk by it on the way to snack and reminds you to stay on track.

corrilove's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I love this product - its a great meal replacement just before bed when you need those key Aminos, after a long day at work, training, and errands, its a quick refuel. when you've been mealing all day, you don't wanna eat anymore, but you're hungry... maybe its close to bed time, way past meal times, and you've got that insatiable hunger (you know what im talking about!!) this product is THE product!! it changes up the bodybuilding game! using this product in a shake is more enjoyable - its a thicker consistency which makes it hard to swallow just in water or milk by itself like they recommend, so i throw some icecubes in a mini blender with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 filtered water, making it less dense and easily consumable. other than the thick consistency of the powder, the flavour on the jug, is actually what the supps taste like! shocker! how rare.... side note: I wouldn't use this product on a regular basis, its a lower end, slow release amino/BCAA. So its full of additives, but its effectiveness is still very adequate.

ShoelessPoimen's Rating

Phase 8 - the good the bad and the ugly First of all I'd like to thank MuscleTech for sending me samples to review. And in the case of the Strawberry flavor, sending me a gift card to purchase it. The good - This stuff mixes great for the type of protein it is. I didn't even need a blender ball to mix it up. The vanilla flavor is hands down the most delicious vanilla protein I've ever had, as is the strawberry. The milk chocolate isn't bad but it isn't great either. It's good but not great. I mixed both with whole milk as well as a coconut almond milk blend and the consistency was like a creamy milkshake. The blend of proteins works well to stick with you for hours after drinking. I could really feel the protein at work most of the day. Not in a gross I wanna get this out of my body way, or in a oh great I'm not gonna get any calories in cause I'm so full kinda way either. As funny as it sounds it was a bit comforting to feel it stick with me so long. The bad - My body just doesn't like whey and casein very much. Listen MuscleTech, it's not you its me. I've not found a whey or casein or mix thereof that doesn't bloat me. I will say that the digestive blend they add to this made it the most enjoyable to digest as awkward as that is for you to read. I usually have way more discomfort when digesting whey and casein. If I had any discomfort it was very minimal. The ugly - The milk chocolate is not gluten free. I made the mistake of only reading the vanilla ingredient label. I got most of the way through a serving of chocolate before reading the label. That was an ugly thing. Any of you who are GF will know what I mean. The only other ugly side effect of the Phase 8 was a slight increase in gas that came out of both ends. I know it's more info than you wanted to know, but it's a fair warning non the less. Again that could just be the fact that my body doesn't seem to like digesting whey and casein. Overall I would say it's a great product for those who like this type of protein blend. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great tasting, very well mixing, long lasting multi protein blend.

Adaman66's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I have tried both Vanilla and Milk Chocolate. Both taste great but I favor the Milk Chocolate. They are a fine powder and mix great in both water and milk. I like the extended release mix of proteins and feel the benefits in my recovery taking this after a workout. Also take it first thing in the morning with breakfast and it helps carry me through until lunch. Good list of ingredients. I would definitely recommend Phase 8 to anyone.

markatchison's Rating
Vanilla

Just ordered on a special. I like the fact that it's slow release and can sip it a couple of times throughout the day to reap the benefits. It doesn't make me feel bloated like others. Tastes decent

1-20 of 3,307 Reviews