MuscleTech Phase8 Reviews

Sustained Release Protein with Amino Acids for Longer Muscle Building Benefits*

1-20 of 3,299 Reviews

corrilove's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I love this product - its a great meal replacement just before bed when you need those key Aminos, after a long day at work, training, and errands, its a quick refuel. when you've been mealing all day, you don't wanna eat anymore, but you're hungry... maybe its close to bed time, way past meal times, and you've got that insatiable hunger (you know what im talking about!!) this product is THE product!! it changes up the bodybuilding game! using this product in a shake is more enjoyable - its a thicker consistency which makes it hard to swallow just in water or milk by itself like they recommend, so i throw some icecubes in a mini blender with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 filtered water, making it less dense and easily consumable. other than the thick consistency of the powder, the flavour on the jug, is actually what the supps taste like! shocker! how rare.... side note: I wouldn't use this product on a regular basis, its a lower end, slow release amino/BCAA. So its full of additives, but its effectiveness is still very adequate.

ShoelessPoimen's Rating

Phase 8 - the good the bad and the ugly First of all I'd like to thank MuscleTech for sending me samples to review. And in the case of the Strawberry flavor, sending me a gift card to purchase it. The good - This stuff mixes great for the type of protein it is. I didn't even need a blender ball to mix it up. The vanilla flavor is hands down the most delicious vanilla protein I've ever had, as is the strawberry. The milk chocolate isn't bad but it isn't great either. It's good but not great. I mixed both with whole milk as well as a coconut almond milk blend and the consistency was like a creamy milkshake. The blend of proteins works well to stick with you for hours after drinking. I could really feel the protein at work most of the day. Not in a gross I wanna get this out of my body way, or in a oh great I'm not gonna get any calories in cause I'm so full kinda way either. As funny as it sounds it was a bit comforting to feel it stick with me so long. The bad - My body just doesn't like whey and casein very much. Listen MuscleTech, it's not you its me. I've not found a whey or casein or mix thereof that doesn't bloat me. I will say that the digestive blend they add to this made it the most enjoyable to digest as awkward as that is for you to read. I usually have way more discomfort when digesting whey and casein. If I had any discomfort it was very minimal. The ugly - The milk chocolate is not gluten free. I made the mistake of only reading the vanilla ingredient label. I got most of the way through a serving of chocolate before reading the label. That was an ugly thing. Any of you who are GF will know what I mean. The only other ugly side effect of the Phase 8 was a slight increase in gas that came out of both ends. I know it's more info than you wanted to know, but it's a fair warning non the less. Again that could just be the fact that my body doesn't seem to like digesting whey and casein. Overall I would say it's a great product for those who like this type of protein blend. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great tasting, very well mixing, long lasting multi protein blend.

Adaman66's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I have tried both Vanilla and Milk Chocolate. Both taste great but I favor the Milk Chocolate. They are a fine powder and mix great in both water and milk. I like the extended release mix of proteins and feel the benefits in my recovery taking this after a workout. Also take it first thing in the morning with breakfast and it helps carry me through until lunch. Good list of ingredients. I would definitely recommend Phase 8 to anyone.

markatchison's Rating
Vanilla

Just ordered on a special. I like the fact that it's slow release and can sip it a couple of times throughout the day to reap the benefits. It doesn't make me feel bloated like others. Tastes decent

cjc219's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Too sweet for a protein powder. Tastes like blob of sugar. It doesn't mix well either so that's not good either

BillyJamesEMT13's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Phase-8 is the only protein I use. Best tasting! High quality! Has worked so well for me!! Will keep on using and buying!! MuscleTech has great products!! Highly recommended!!

cruano's Rating
Milk Chocolate

cruano did not leave a written review for this product.

IvanJCorbin's Rating
Strawberry

I really enjoyed this protein powder i have had both chocolate and strawberry. I use this specific protein powder for post workouts, and non workout days. The powder is easy to mix and makes a great ice blend mocha coffee. Since i started using this brand i have felt better and in my opinion look better i also went up from 199 to 209. Definitely believe in phase 8 and would suggest to anyone.

jaredbibeault's Rating
Milk Chocolate

its not 100% micellar casein which is best for a pm protein shake. but it works for me and its cheaper. overall I like it. taste good and fills me up before bed!

Ernesto01042438's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Ernesto01042438 did not leave a written review for this product.

BrandonClark06's Rating

Hey everyone! The guys over there at MuscleTech were nice enough to send me a free supply of the Vanilla and Milk Chocolate flavor of their PHASE 8 back in the day. And this time around I got the chance to try the Strawberry. Love it! And you know what? It's pretty darn good guys. The Strawberry flavor tasted like a smoothie, not overbearing at all. It mixes very well and doesn't leave you with a bloated feeling like some of these brands do. All in all, hands down this stuff is great. Great quality product here, folks. Thanks MuscleTech.

Hoully111's Rating
Strawberry

I love strawberry phase 8 it tastes delicious and doesnt have that usual nasty protein after taste that most protein powders have this is my favorite brand of protein I've ever had and packs a solid amount of protein per serving at an affordable price love this stuff

grizzywald's Rating

Great Product.

KevinM72's Rating
Vanilla

bought the vanilla and used it between meals and after workouts. taste is really good, made some orange smoothies from recipe on muscletech's web site and they are awesome, even the kids drank them. quality product and like the mix of protein with the fast and slow digesting.

alxz777's Rating
Milk Chocolate

In August I ordered a Phase 8 4.4lbs Milk Chocolate flavor which for me was an overall rating of 10 and taste 10. Thus, recently, in November, I bought again Phase 8 2lbs with Milk Chocolate flavor, surprise when I taste the first shake something feels different and not in a good way, I look on the supplements facts of the 4lbs recipient I just finished and compare with the 2lbs I just bought and notice the supplement facts are different even though it is the same flavor. Then I check on bodybuilding.com the supplement facts for both recipient sizes, 2lbs and 4.4lbs, with Milk Chocolate flavor and see they were updated for both to the label on the 2lbs I just tasted. This means the Milk Chocolate I ordered in August is not the Milk Chocolate I got in November, I would call the one purchased in November, and still sold on bodybuilding.com, the Phase 8 Milk Chocolate version 2.0 with a different taste due to different recipe (more calories, more sugar, more cholesterol, more carbs, less fat 1.5gr total of which 1g saturated and 0.5g doesn't say, more calcium, less iron and more sodium) which is why my final rating for this product is (very good product 10 + very bad product 1)/2 = 5.5, final grade 5. If Muscletech changes the recipe, which I was not expecting and bought with confidence without prior review of the supplement facts to notice the change, and does not inform on the label a change occurred from previous supplement facts advertised, then I would expect at least bodybuilding.com to put a warning/notice when they update the supplement facts on the website that a change in the recipe has occurred. Also the 2 lbs recipient says on the supplement facts servings per container approx. 22 (907gr/42gr = 21.595 servings), the 4.4 lbs recipient says approx. 50 serving per container (1995.81gr/42gr = 47.519 servings), very interesting approximation rule differences, patented Muscletech like the recipe changes. After this experience Phase 8 definitely is crossed of my supplement list, this is not a pleasant learning experience for me and hope it will be useful for others buying products in general after reading this review to pay attention and check every time the supplement facts before buying, don't assume the product specs stay the same even though the name is still the same, even though in my opinion the name should change if the content has changed.

SarahAfshar's Rating
Milk Chocolate

What makes this protein powder so interesting is the fact that it contains a plethora of proteins. It is also slow digesting and promotes fasting absorption, which makes it a great medium to consume once/twice daily so it's convenient. Although I believe this helps tremendously with my workouts, the after taste leaves little to be desired. As much as I enjoy this protein powder by MuscleTech, it is one of my least favorites. The taste doesn't measure up to other MuscleTech protein powders such as Nitro Tech and the 100% Whey Advanced. Because of it's slow acting complex, it is superior in terms of effectiveness because it contains an unique blend.

Bsl1987's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I have taken both strawberry and milk chocolate phase 8 and love both they taste delicious and neither have that usual nasty protein after taste that most protein powders have this is my favorite brand of protein I've ever had and packs a solid amount of protein per serving at an affordable price love this stuff

C1stealth's Rating

Excellent protein. I like the idea of fast and slow digesting protein! I mix this in my Greek yogurt which is also delicious. Chocolate is good and mixes well in 16 or more ozs. Peanut butter is my favorite and also mixes well. Vanilla mixes well but I'm not a huge vanilla fan. It has a slight casein graininess but still mixes well.

• mst826
mst826's Rating
Cookies and Cream

Fantastic Protein!! Definitely my favorite base protein. Highly recommend to all!!

kinglowe78's Rating

Best protein on the market

1-20 of 3,299 Reviews