MuscleTech NITRO-TECH Reviews

Ultra Pure Whey Isolate Enhanced With Creatine & Aminos!

Vanilla

robert5891's Rating
Milk Chocolate

First off, thanks to the kick-*** reps from MuscleTech: llahhsoj, emergency, BlueRev, and melaneyb! I was fortunate enough to be sent a "sample" of NITRO-TECH to enjoy and review. This "sample" ended up being a full 2-lb tub!! I always go for chocolate proteins when choosing a protein powder, so I went for the Milk Chocolate flavor to see how it stacks up to other chocolates I've had in the past. Mixability: 10/10 I used this in proats, sludge, and my morning smoothie and had zero problems mixing the powder into yogurt or with milk in the blender. There was no grittiness or clumping of the powder when I used them in these applications. Taste: 9/10 It is rich and creamy when mixed with Greek Yogurt for sludge or 2% milk in my breakfast smoothie. It definitely tastes like NesQuick from my childhood, and who doesn't love NesQuick?!!! I liked the flavoring and can see myself drinking this on a regular basis. I love chocolate and this one did not disappoint. I could see this one going into the regular rotation of chocolate proteins I buy. Profile: 7/10 I've never purchased an all-in-one protein powders for my post-workout drink. I do appreciate the fact that is supplies 30g of protein per scoop, but I'm not as keen on the inclusion creatine or the other added amino acids. I don't see the need for including creatine or the other amino acids into a protein powder other than to possibly help with cell volumization and recovery from a workout. I'd prefer it to just contain just complete proteins and not individual amino acids. I can supplement creatine separately or add it into my shake if I desire to, I don't necessarily need it to be supplied by my protein supplement. Overall: 8/10 While this is a very good tasting protein and provides a delicious chocolately taste and easy mixiability, I have to doc a few points for the inclusion of filler amino acids. As stated before, I'd prefer just a straight protein supplement without any added aminos, but I can see some of the reasoning for including it. If you don't mind the inclusion of some of the components, I see nothing wrong with the product at all. Ultimately I buy my proteins for the taste and could see possibly purchasing more of this in the future. There are still several recipes I want to try using this in (cookies, pancakes, and WAFFLES!) and can't wait to see how it turns out. Thank you again MuscleTech, llahhsoj, emergency, BlueRev, and melaneyb for running a great promotion and allowing me the opportunity to review your products!

chzcake01's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Profile is nice with whey isolate listed first. I like that there's creatine mono in it. Tastes good but not great. Could be a tad sweeter. There's a slightly odd aftertaste. Mixes fine. Depending on the price I can see myself adding this to my protein stash.

lowroller21212's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Milk Choc is a delicious protein drink, unlike many mt proteins the NitroTech line mixes really well-what I mean by this it doesnt have the tendency to stick to my shaker. Strawberry tastes too strong to me, and the aftertaste afterwards not too fan of it. Profile - I prefer creatine outside of my protein powders. My routine is taking it with my pre workout, or my creatine I bought solo. Big pro here: I do like the fact it has 50 mg of 2 enzymes which help your body break this easier and not give you bloat. Thanks to MT for letting me try out the S'berry version recently and updating my year old review.

KBoss302's Rating
Milk Chocolate

I won a promotional tub on the forums and was asked to write a review. Here goes! NitroTech mixes up very, very smooth. In 2% milk, the Milk Chocolate flavor genuinely tastes like the Nestlie Quick we all enjoyed as kids. And if you prefer almond milk, it tastes great in that too. So overall it tastes good and mixes very well. I do have a few issues with the product though. First, the scoop included is a pain to use. The handle isn't attached to the top, but rather in the middle of the scoop, so I'm constantly getting powder on my fingers while scooping. It's a minor annoyance. Second, I'm not a fan of Muscletech adding creatine or additional glycine, taurine, and alanine. There's no good reason to add additional amounts of these aminos to a protein. I'm not accusing Muscletech of spiking, but it has recently been exposed that other companies have used these aminos (and creatine too) to engage in such practices. So it definitely makes me scratch my head and wonder why Muscletech "enhanced" the formula with them. Third, my Nutrition Facts panel doesn't add up. The gram weight per serving is said to be 37 grams, yet adding up the macros inside, you get a gram weight per scoop that exceeds 40 grams per serving. I'm sure somebody there just screwed up, but I'm a little confused by that. Overall, NitroTech is a decent protein, but Muscletech can definitely do better.

showjo1josh's Rating
Cookies And Cream

Overall this supplement was really great. I mixed it with water and milk and i swear it tastes like cookies and cream ice cream. Its an awesome tasting protein powder. And for a great blend with whey isolate and 30g protein per serving; you cant beat that. If you want lean gains and a high quality protein powder that tastes great i would really recommend Nitrotech.

sleeperking's Rating

I have mixed feelings about Nitrotech. The taste and mixability are superior to those of GNC products or anything else at a lower price but the claim of 30 grams of protein per scoop sounds like an exaggeration. Other reviewers have pointed out that the addition of creatine spikes the protein count and that a more realistic claim would be 24 grams a serving. I have read these arguments on this forum and elsewhere and find them credible. Before any of you MT reps get anxious, don't worry. For the price, this is still a solid protein and a great choice for someone who wants to boost their gains without delving too deeply into the rabbit hole of sports nutrition. In fact, if you are new to strength training and overwhelmed by the variety of supplements out there, Nitrotech is a fine place to start. The all-in-one ingredient list is helpful if you a€™re not yet accustomed to taking various supplements during the day. You can also ease yourself into taking creatine via this product rather than suffer the cramps and near-dysentery that creatine loading can sometimes cause. I a€™m docking stars because while I find the flavor to be rich, particularly in strawberry and cookies & cream, the texture is harsh and does not lend well to consumption several times a day. The ideal use for me has been 1 to 2 scoops post-workout. To fill gaps in your nutrition, go with Phase 8 or Combat Powder. Both promise a more plausible amount of protein and have a cleaner texture that goes down easy at any time.

potbb's Rating

Wow this is a huge improvement over Nitrotech of many years ago. The taste is amazing. Better than anything I've tried and that is with 30 years of protein supplement experience. Time will tell if it agrees with me and produces any noticeable results. But for now I will make it my primary supplemental protein source.

Hermworm's Rating
Cookies And Cream

WOW! One of the best protein supplements I have tried! It contains premium whey and creatine. Not to mention some amino acids. Many people complain about it being amino spiked but I see much greater gains from this than my other protein powders. It has AMINOS, just like it says on the container. Aminos are good for you. They are essential building blocks. Muscle tech has always been a great company and they have proven this by rising above my expectations. The taste was great and my gains and through the roof. The creatine also helps with recovery, so give this protein a shot!

Joe D's Rating
Cookies And Cream

Nitrotech is a high quality protein formula. It's main ingredient is whey isolate. There's also added creatine, so you don't have to supplement with it if you use it everyday. The taste is top notch for a whey. Both chocolate and cookies and cream is excellent. With so many scandals happening nowadays with supplement companies, I highly recommend a highly respected company like muscletech, where you know you'll always get what's on the label.

ZackMU30's Rating
Cookies And Cream

This is honestly one of the best protein powders I've ever had! Mixability is a 10/10! This protein comes with creatine and aminos already added in! It's got everything you need all in one powder! The cookies and cream flavor is very good! However if you don't like overly sweet powders I'd say go with the chocolate as it's not as sugary. This powder comes with 30g of protein per scoop! Coupled with creatine and aminos this protein powder has a great ability to help you recover from your hard workouts. This is some good stuff!

FatGuyMind's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Got a chance to try out a tub of the Milk Chocolate and its simply awesome. It is without a doubt one of if not these best tasting chocolate proteins i have ever tried. This is very enjoyable to drink in just water and even more amazing in milk. Love the profile on this product high protein (30g) coming mostly from whey isolate resulting in low fat (1.5g) and low carb (2g). The 3g of creatine is a nice addition to the protein helping with cell volumization and recovery. You also get 100mg of digestive enzymes making this protein very easy on the stomach. Definitely recommend this for people looking for great taste and something to take post workout or anytime of day.

MPLJR1222's Rating
Cookies And Cream

Definitely one of the better proteins i have ever tried! I was lucky enough to receive a generous 4lb. tub from Muscletech, and it did not disappoint. The cookies and cream flavor tasted awesome, and the fixability was excellent. This protein has 30 grams of protein per scoop which is also amazing. The added aminos and creatine are just an extra bonus! Would recommend this protein to anyone looking for a solid, reliable, awesome tasting protein!

Aramirezjr's Rating
Milk Chocolate

Excellent Milk Chocolate flavor. Really a nice all in one Protein that tastes great. Get needed BCAAs, Creatine, and 30g of protein per scoop! I use it as a nice meal replacement and the consistency and mixability is great. It gets a little foamy, but what does not that has creatine in it. Overall excellent product by MuscleTech!

HealthNut12's Rating
Strawberry

Please look here for my full review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165062011 Overall this is a decent protein powder. Mixes well with a shaker, tastes mild and no artificial dyes. The strawberry flavor is mild. It is not overly sweet and no after taste. Good consistency. It also contains amino acids and creatine. Some people may like this, others not so much. If you want a protein isolate powder with some extras this would be a great choice!

ItzJesusp's Rating
Milk Chocolate

great tasting, easy to mix, great profile 30g protein per scoop, creatine, what else do you need? :D and its not even expensive this is a no brainer, must get this

strive4me's Rating
Milk Chocolate

strive4me did not leave a written review for this product.

pap94's Rating

Good gains in strength and muscle and tastes nice mixed with milk 9 out of 10 due to two things . 1 no and 2 the extra araminomixabilityidered as protein in the overall label .in other words 1 scoop provides you with less than 30g of pure protein .all in all good formula for its price with nice flavour and mixability in milk.

• Mcaius
Mcaius's Rating
Cookies And Cream

Mcaius did not leave a written review for this product.

jrubioca's Rating
Cookies And Cream

Excellent Whey Protein. Very good flavor.

Beastmode1987's Rating
Cookies And Cream

Great protein I use when I'm on a cut the added BCAAs really help for recovery and the limited carbs leaves some wiggle room for the much needed cheat days.