MusclePharm BCAA 3:1:2 Reviews

3:1:2 BCAA Ratio to Reduce Muscle Breakdown and Support Lean Mass*

7.6

ethanelliott208's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Great product , does the job. The flavors are not very strong and kind of chalky compared to previous bcaas's i have tried but it defiantly does the job.

fwmichel's Rating

I found this product to be reliable in providing the extra push I needed pre and post workouts. I gave it a 7 because Amino Blitz worked a lot better for me and seems to provide fast recovery during and after workouts. Unfortunately Amino Blitz was discontinued.

Yukonjane's Rating
Unflavored

Yukonjane did not leave a written review for this product.

teebags1's Rating
Unflavored

Unflavored is horrible tasting. No matter what it's mixed with , it tastes bad. Other than that, the product is fine to get your aminos

mousasalem's Rating

DO NOT BUY UNFLAVORED! it tastes horrible

ajmaddog's Rating
Watermelon

It's does what they say it does. The taste takes some getting used to. At first every other sip was different, a strong watermelon or metallic fake sugar flavors, now that I have used it for about a year I am used to the flavor and enjoy it.

Jconn87's Rating
Watermelon

This was a great supplement that I picked up on sale a couple of months back. Unfortunately I am the kind of guy that likes to try different brands so I can recommend products based off of experience. I would definitely recommend this to someone that asks about a type of BCAA. I showed leaps with improvements in not just strength but also muscle size and tone. I believe that this supplement was a huge part of that success the last couple of months. This would be the 4th BCAA product I have tried this year and I would rank it #2 right now. Keeping my #1 a secret. The taste was great, it was kind of chalky? Overall the sweetness of the flavor made up for that. One thing I did notice was that if you shake the supplement instead of stirring than you will get a good 1-2 inches of foam on top...thought that was weird. But dissolved great, tasted good, and results were on point.

mrmitew's Rating
Watermelon

mrmitew did not leave a written review for this product.

yellowhead's Rating
Blue Raspberry

This is a great supplement. I got the Blue Raspberry non-caffeinated. I was amazed by the flavor. Delicious. Not too sweet. It reminded me of a flavor from my childhood. I'm mixing it with a similar flavored creatine supplement and it's amazing. I will have trouble using up my older BCAAs...I highly recommend it.

JLight80's Rating
Unflavored

Product works great, I mix mine with my whey, if you mix the unflavored with preworkout it gives it a nasty taste. I prefer this amino blend more than any other.

JSILL72's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Highly recommended. I use this sup and it does everything it should! It tastes great - or I think so. I find it works perfectly with the other MP products.

emilai20's Rating

I've tried both blueberry and watermelon and they were not the greatest tasting at first but then you get to enjoy the flavor. I wanted to be able to add the unflavored BCAA powder in my protein shakes after I got done working out and I mixed it with the Combat Protein Powder (Cookies and Cream) and it ruined the taste. I decided to try it by itself in water and it was even worse. I would not recommend the unflavored BCAA powder at all unless you want to chug it. Other than that I do believe these BCAA's do their job, but they do not taste all that great. I still want to try the capsule.

JafarRukab's Rating

great

AgneKrupin's Rating
Watermelon

My first BCAA product :D Loved the taste was not bitter at all, really close to real watermelon. Not the strongest product, but works nicely for recovery

blairkeeley's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I've been a fan of blue raspberry for quite a while. Something about the flavor has changed though. Last two orders have been awful tasting. If plastic had a taste, this would be it. I though I got a bad batch with my next to last order, but my last order was just as bad. What's going on?

LeanAnne's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I like it. I usually like fruity flavors so you can't go wrong with blue raspberry. I have recovered back to 100% every time I psot workout.

aftermathis's Rating
Blue Raspberry

aftermathis did not leave a written review for this product.

ChesRunner's Rating
Watermelon

I was very excited to try MusclePharm's BCAA 3:1:2 Energy mix and I was disappointed with the favors but not so much with the product itself. I put 2 scoops in my 32oz water bottle, directions say 2 scoops for 8 - 12 oz., to give my water some favor which helps to keep my properly hydrated and keeps the mid-morning energy drop from happening. Wasn't a big Blue Raspberry fan but order it, along with the Watermelon, based on the high flavor ratings. Have been very disappointed in the Watermelon flavor and it might be the batch that I received. After shaking it up to mix, a foam appears on the surface of the 'water' and it taste more like soap than Watermelon. Figured that I might not have rinsed out my bottle properly, however, after attempting about 5 times, it still foams and taste like soap. Like I said maybe it was a bad batch that got release on accident. All in all, I would buy the Blue Raspberry again and I'm not going to rate the product poorly just because one flavor was less than desirable.

zulloj1's Rating
Watermelon

So far I am enjoying these BCAAs! I was a little bit hesitant to switch from Modern which is what I have been using since the beginning of time, but I'm happy that I gave this a shot. I am not a huge blue raspberry fan so I can't say that I truly enjoy the flavor, but the watermelon flavor is just like a watermelon Jolly Rancher. I can get with that! There are no artificial dyes or anything so it is not a bright red or bright blue color. The watermelon is slightly pink. I don't do well with a lot of caffeine so I think the amount in one scoop is perfect for me throughout my workout. I do put it in a 33.8 ounce bottle with one scoop so it is kind of deluded but since I don't want to waste any, it forces me to drink more water! I would definitely recommend a watermelon flavor and if you are a blue raspberry type person, I think you would enjoy it as well. It is just not one of my tastes.

Scarson2487's Rating

I thought that this supplement worked great. I bought the capsules because I already have so many supplements that I have to mix so I can't rate the flavor. The capsules are really quick and easy to use and they worked great. I was able to recover much quicker from my workouts.