MusclePharm BCAA 3:1:2 Reviews

3:1:2 BCAA Ratio to Reduce Muscle Breakdown and Support Lean Mass*

7.5

Studiemus's Rating
Watermelon

MusclePharm knows what it takes to make something effective and taste good. Blue Raspberry tastes the best and doesn't leave a metallic aftertaste. I have found increased recovery when I sip on some throughout my workouts and after.

TStearnsy's Rating
Unflavored

This seems to be working well so far. Of course, there's no way to objectify my results, especially while taking other supplements, but what I can say for sure is that this definitely is not hindering performance or strength/mass gains. I usually take this product intra-workout and before bed. The taste is like a powdered multivitamin (not so good) but then again, nobody said it was going to taste good. Mix it with some fruit juice if you need to. I just do water, BCAA, and some ice. Good luck!

victorrria's Rating

The unflavored tastes like chalk and is very overpowering unless you mix it with a very strong flavor. I found it unbearable in my chocolate protein but when I mixed it with the Gatorade powder it was do-able.

feldy88's Rating
Unflavored

I'm use bcaa powder on other brand & for MP I purchase the capsule one. It's pure BCAA on normal size caps, It's easyer for me to take because recommended dosage is 3-4 caps (8 caps max) & easy to split than drink powder one on workout. Best bang on buck, but for rest day I prefer use powder one. 3-4 caps a day is enough for two months stock.

ethanelliott208's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Great product , does the job. The flavors are not very strong and kind of chalky compared to previous bcaas's i have tried but it defiantly does the job.

fwmichel's Rating

I found this product to be reliable in providing the extra push I needed pre and post workouts. I gave it a 7 because Amino Blitz worked a lot better for me and seems to provide fast recovery during and after workouts. Unfortunately Amino Blitz was discontinued.

Yukonjane's Rating
Unflavored

Yukonjane did not leave a written review for this product.

teebags1's Rating
Unflavored

Unflavored is horrible tasting. No matter what it's mixed with , it tastes bad. Other than that, the product is fine to get your aminos

mousasalem's Rating

DO NOT BUY UNFLAVORED! it tastes horrible

ajmaddog's Rating
Watermelon

It's does what they say it does. The taste takes some getting used to. At first every other sip was different, a strong watermelon or metallic fake sugar flavors, now that I have used it for about a year I am used to the flavor and enjoy it.

Jconn87's Rating
Watermelon

This was a great supplement that I picked up on sale a couple of months back. Unfortunately I am the kind of guy that likes to try different brands so I can recommend products based off of experience. I would definitely recommend this to someone that asks about a type of BCAA. I showed leaps with improvements in not just strength but also muscle size and tone. I believe that this supplement was a huge part of that success the last couple of months. This would be the 4th BCAA product I have tried this year and I would rank it #2 right now. Keeping my #1 a secret. The taste was great, it was kind of chalky? Overall the sweetness of the flavor made up for that. One thing I did notice was that if you shake the supplement instead of stirring than you will get a good 1-2 inches of foam on top...thought that was weird. But dissolved great, tasted good, and results were on point.

mrmitew's Rating
Watermelon

mrmitew did not leave a written review for this product.

yellowhead's Rating
Blue Raspberry

This is a great supplement. I got the Blue Raspberry non-caffeinated. I was amazed by the flavor. Delicious. Not too sweet. It reminded me of a flavor from my childhood. I'm mixing it with a similar flavored creatine supplement and it's amazing. I will have trouble using up my older BCAAs...I highly recommend it.

JLight80's Rating
Unflavored

Product works great, I mix mine with my whey, if you mix the unflavored with preworkout it gives it a nasty taste. I prefer this amino blend more than any other.

JSILL72's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Highly recommended. I use this sup and it does everything it should! It tastes great - or I think so. I find it works perfectly with the other MP products.

emilai20's Rating

I've tried both blueberry and watermelon and they were not the greatest tasting at first but then you get to enjoy the flavor. I wanted to be able to add the unflavored BCAA powder in my protein shakes after I got done working out and I mixed it with the Combat Protein Powder (Cookies and Cream) and it ruined the taste. I decided to try it by itself in water and it was even worse. I would not recommend the unflavored BCAA powder at all unless you want to chug it. Other than that I do believe these BCAA's do their job, but they do not taste all that great. I still want to try the capsule.

JafarRukab's Rating

great

AgneKrupin's Rating
Watermelon

My first BCAA product :D Loved the taste was not bitter at all, really close to real watermelon. Not the strongest product, but works nicely for recovery

blairkeeley's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I've been a fan of blue raspberry for quite a while. Something about the flavor has changed though. Last two orders have been awful tasting. If plastic had a taste, this would be it. I though I got a bad batch with my next to last order, but my last order was just as bad. What's going on?

LeanAnne's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I like it. I usually like fruity flavors so you can't go wrong with blue raspberry. I have recovered back to 100% every time I psot workout.