MusclePharm Assault Reviews

7.5
Raspberry Lemonade
1-20 of 3,860 Reviews

tannett7's Rating

I bought this in the Pineapple Mango flavor and it is delicious! I'm new to taking preworkout mixes, but so far I feel like it gives me a good surge of energy when I'm heading to the gym. I've read other places where people have chosen/had to take more to feel the kick, but I have not experienced that. My only complaint, and the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 from me, is that it doesn't mix completely and leaves a chalky residue behind. That said, I mix this in a glass with a spoon, a shaker bottle might eliminate that problem. I'd highly recommend this if you like citrus flavors and you're looking for a preworkout you won't dread drinking!!

astip's Rating
Grape

I did not get much energy from this product. I didn't like how much powder I had to use to get little effect. Other products I take one small scoop, this product I had to take 2 big scoops=full shaker of water and mix=full tummy!

rlawry's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I used this product for a while after using NO-Explode 2.0 for years and then BSN changed their formulation (hence the BS portion of BSN). This product worked better than NO-Explode but still didn't seem to give the pumps and energy of just using a half-dozen of their ingredients separately, each in higher amounts. If you look at the label, even though the blends are proprietary, you can figure out that many of their ingredients are mixed at sub-clinical doses, probably the reason many others say it works better in higher amounts. I like much of what MP uses in Assault but I don't think they use enough of each one to be effective. The rest is just filler to give the illusion of an advanced formula. So this product is OK but I am sticking to my own less-expensive formulation that works far better.

Eaus1976's Rating
Grape

Eaus1976 did not leave a written review for this product.

jonnyangel's Rating
Grape

Had to use a scoop and a half to feel anything. Taste is like a mix of dirty sock rubbed in 20 yr old grape kool-aid. I bought it so now i will use it till its gone but wont purchase this product ever again.

ParatrooperPete's Rating
Strawberry Margarita

ParatrooperPete did not leave a written review for this product.

260jake's Rating
Watermelon

I am all about this stuff. Adrenal gland is definitely beat up in my body and it takes something to really trip it with the amount of caffeine i use. This stuff was a nice change of pace.

davidditto3's Rating
Raspberry Lemonade

I have used this product a lot on and off for around 2 years now along with other pre workouts. My workouts are much better on it. I like to cycle different pre's but I always come back to this one. The Strawberry tastes like an Airhead candy, I recommend it.

dhonie's Rating

dhonie did not leave a written review for this product.

KurdishBeast's Rating

I have high tolerance when it comes to pre-workouts nowadays, this for me when i first started bodybuilding was amazing and I could feel it after just half a scoop, but after years of training and trying different brands I finally decided to come back to this one, however it wasn't the same it was way too sweet, and it just isn't what it used to be, even after I increased to 1.5-2 scoops. I'm not saying its bad, but it could be much better.

RyuGensing800's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Also one of my very favorites is Muscles Pharms Pre- workout Jam, It might come in a gigantic 2 pound tub, but it has the best taste you ever tried, Promise! no gimmick, There's just this force behind MP , It feels like someone got my back, and its been near me way longer than most companies. So trust this, then See that its true for yourself by buying a sample or whatever I have posted lol. There will be more to come later on. This Product is most likely better than a ton of companies i've found issues with so far. , So I say thanks Musclepharm for proving me something. Tahnks and Don't forget to check up and workout a little each daily , and check out the kewl IFBB pro Tobias Young pages ,or the Jay Cutler, and Ben Pakulski have out online They have had some phenomenal accomplishments in our Past aND ahead in the future , you can pre order. they are phenomenal at the game, and hey are you planning ahead, !!! Good night! =)

Fitnessguy9703's Rating

This preworkout is amazing. Gives an amazing pump. Effect: 10/10. Strawberry magarita tastes very good! Go for it if you want a safe and awesome preworkout. Highly recommended

abdulmosely's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I've been using this product for a little over a week now, and I'm definitely a fan... I take the one scoop as directed 20-30 min before my workout, and by the time I hit the gym, Boom!!!, I'm charged up and ready to go hard... It doesn't give me the jitters, nor does it have me racing, in fact, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

tylermonk's Rating
Strawberry Margarita

Awesome Pre-workout. I was taking C4 previous to this pre workout and although c4 hits me hard and fast it dies off as well after about 30 min. With assault it doesn't hit me as fast but it does hit and it keeps me plowing through my workout. My workouts are usually 1.5 to 2 hours and the assault keeps the endurance going. the downsides: although the flavor is fantastic with candy apple and watermelon (strawberry margarita is eh) at the bottom is has some powder that doesn't fully dissolve and when you get to that last little bit when you mix it with water.....the taste there is horrible, however I've countered this by just throwing a scoop into my mouth and throwing some water in and swishing it around real quick. still tastes great that way and no nasty flavor at the bottom of cup. You feel like a total junkie but hey....it works. I love it.

AaronB12's Rating

This supplement gave me major stomach problems and tasted ghastly to boot. I actually used the old formula but I don't see how the new formula can be any better. Anything with mango isn't going to taste pleasant in powder form. There are lots of other pre-workout supplements out there that are much better than this waste of money.

Jfirpo11's Rating
Blue Raspberry

First off the taste is great.. Not too strong, not too light, it's a good balance between the two. I'm not a huge fan of the ridiculous rush C4 gives me because I feel like I want to rip my face off which to me isn't pleasing or benefitial. It gave me little tingles about 20/30 minutes after consumed and then the larger tingles came at about 30/40 minutes. I get very focused and driven to complete my workout and it did have a great amount of kick that helped me pump those last reps in. Overall it's a great product.. I give it a thumbs up!

lansermma's Rating
Blue Raspberry

This is my favorite pre-workout without regard to price. The blue raspberry flavor is really great and the lemon lime flavor is good too. The lemon lime really just tastes like lemonade when mixed with cold water. I feel like this product gives me good energy and pump with only one serving. Its price can be problematic, so I try to pick this product up every time it's on sale. I've found that I prefer it more diluted than the label suggests because the flavor is quite intense.

niemo1188's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Did absolutely nothing! does't mix well at all, taste was ok until you get to the grit at the end.

Lance.MMIC101's Rating

Tasted ok and has a great pump. However, the rush could be overwhelming without enough water during a workout; same with the crash. If you're hydrated and need a great pre-WOD, this will do the trick.

jstnblke41's Rating

This is the second pre workout I've tried, I picked this one up at the discount rack of our GNC. I think a lot of reviewers have nailed this one, its just too mild. I do usually get a decent pump out of it, but thats really all that it offers. I don't feel any rush of energy which is the reason I even dabble in pre workouts because I usually hit the weight room later in the day after work. If you don't chug it all in one sitting then the powder constantly settles at the bottom of the shaker. The taste isn't awful, but its got almost a chalky aftertaste and combined with the constant settling it just makes me feel like I'm drinking expired juice. I would say that if you haven't tried a pre before then this is probably a good one to start with just to see how your body reacts. Once you have a tolerance, skip this one entirely.

1-20 of 3,860 Reviews