MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews

More Concentrated Than Steak Or Whey Isolate!

Good
Peanut Butter
5.6

NorthernBear's Rating
Chocolate

Lets cut to the chase. -taste a bit strange but add a bit of Walden Farm's caramel zero calorie syrup and its fantastic, plus over time you no longer notice and it takes just like chocolate -mixes well enough in shaker cut, blender gets to foamy for my liking -digests easily no issues I take 2 scoops at a time -MUCH less gas then whey, no longer stinking out my office mates -for what its worth I feel like I am recovering better and have increased my training frequency, using 4 scoops a day, 6 on training days

Dweskra's Rating

This is hands down my favorite protein powder yet. After about a year of using this, I definitely favor Chocolate. If you don’t use enough water it will glob just like any other protein so make sure you add enough water. I would not complain with the results I have gotten with this product.

thud420's Rating
Chocolate

Whey protein and dairy tend to make me break out, so I stumbled upon this terrific protein. The idea is interesting and so I wanted to test it. The chocolate flavor is great, as for the rest I am unsure. I've taken a few different Whey proteins and I feel this is better because I do not become bloated after and it gets the job done with 23g of protein. Give it a shot while it's buy one get one half off, you won't regret it. Easily my favorite, I look forward to drinking it every time.

deeshmond's Rating

Please do not buy this. I have taken protein powders for about 15 years and this is the first time I have ever had to throw a product out. The taste is just horrendous. I can usually choke a drink down but this was simply unbearable and made me gag. The best way I can describe it is that it tastes like beef broth that is lightly flavoured with fruit punch (I can't speak to the taste of the other flavours but it looks like they are just as poor). The benefits of a product (like those marketed in Carnivor) mean absolutely nothing if you can't consume it. Steer clear my friends...

Smikemike's Rating
Chocolate

Great protein powder. It's nice to mix up what kind of protein you take in once in a while, and this meat based protein is everything you could ever want. I mix this with frozen yogurt and some milk to make a protein milk shake. I have to say, trying to mix this protein with the recommended water in a shaker bottle is a hassle. It doesn't mix well at all and you're left with powdery chunks. Recommend using this protein in a blender to just get all those chunks out. Besides the problem mixing, it's a great protein powder to work into your diet.

johnson31d's Rating
Strawberry

I strive to incorporate a range of protein sources into my diet and liked the option of having a beef-based protein supplement when time constraints didn't allow for cooking steak. I made the mistake of buying the strawberry flavor...do not buy it...very artificial tasting with bad aftertaste. Go for the chocolate or chocolate peanut butter!

kalashnick's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

My go-to protein. Excellent Stuff. Chocolate Peanut Butter is the icing on the cake to the standard chocolate flavor. It seems like chocolate just lacks something. The peanut butter aspect adds another dimension to it and makes it more fulfilling.

haalejandre's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

I was one of those protein consumers that was adamant about having a protein rated solely on its ability to help the athlete attain results. The taste of a protein, I believed, shouldn't be considered in the products rating because one didn't take protein because it tasted good, but because we want results. That used to be my opinion, until I tried the Vanilla Caramel flavored Carnivor. In order for the protein to work, it needs to be consumed; taking this protein is an exacting event all in itself! It tastes that bad! If you're going to purchase this product, get the Chocolate! Hands down, its their best flavor and the protein actually works; I gained 10lbs of muscle in two months, and that's difficult for me to do because of my crazy fast metabolism. The protein works, but the flavor doesn't. It pains me to say that I just threw away $50 by purchasing the Vanilla Caramel flavor. Stick to the Chocolate!

drewjonn's Rating
Chocolate

Decent product with decent profile but extremely disgusting aroma, my dog would puke this out lol. Didn't finish it and I would never touch this product again. Just my honest opinion, but it smells too similar to socks I've worn after a workout. Stats: 7/10 Taste: 4/10 Aroma: *Kissed a sweaty sock*

AM10A's Rating
Chocolate

I read reviews before purchasing, and if it was based on reading the reviews, I would not have purchased this product. I am glad I did not listen to the reviews and listened to the gal at my local supplement store who spoke to me about beef proteins. They did not carry Carnivor but did tell me that was the best one and gave me a sample of a brand she had there. I am on week 3 of using Carnivor and can say I am very happy with it. It tastes great, it helps with muscle recovery and doesn't upset my stomach like whey did. You will notice other reviews about taste and mixibilty. If you pour and shake it up and drink it, you will be drinking a lot of foam and it will not taste great. What I do is when I am 10 min from the end of my work out, I will pour and mix it up, finish up my work out and come back to it. I shower at the gym, so as I gather all my things I shake it up again and by the time I get in the shower, I drink it and take my BCAAs and it has mixed and dissolved and tastes great. Only con is that this stuff is like baby powder, so it is very messy. Take your time, slowly scoop and pour or you will look like Lebron James doing his powder toss.

Cgradic's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

I love this product. I'm allergic to both whey and casein protein so it is a great alternative! I've only tried chocolate and vanilla caramel, chocolate is by far the best one out of the two. Vanilla caramel foams up super bad no matter how much water you put in with it and it is just too sweet for me. The chocolate foams up but goes down within a couple of seconds and mixes and taste great! Want to try chocolate peanut butter next

Jongema's Rating

Really enjoy this product and it has helped a lot toward meeting my body composition goals. I had the pretzel flavor which is quite tasty and the fact that it is lower in calories to the protein content than most of the whey proteins I've had meant that it was a great way to keep my protein intake up will on a calorie restrictive plan. Definitely a regular part of my nutritional routine from here on out. Only note is that the powder is very fine which while making it very smooth to drink/blend can make a mess if you're in a rush and just throwing things around.

Jaredmajerle's Rating
Chocolate

I have a poor GI response to whey so have tried a ton of alternatives, most of which have tasted HORRIBLE or have been extremely expensive. This is the best non-whey protein I've found, for the value. A lot of reviews complained of mixing problems--In my experience, this is a general characteristic of beef proteins, and Carnivor is the most mixable I've found (the GN store brand beef protein wouldn't even dissolve; it just turned into a thick slime in water, even with a shaker bottle). Taste is a matter of preference, but this one beats most I've tried. Also, it has no fat and is very low carb; other rare qualities that make this product great for hitting protein macro.

sissyslaps's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

I read the reviews and gave this a try myself. The only defining characteristic I found out of this protein is that it doesn't give me nearly as much gas that whey does. The biggest caveat is that Vanilla Caramel tastes dreadful. I can only tolerate it with almond milk-- I tried to drink it with just water and it made me gag every time. The mix is meh, I still get some chunks after vigorous shaking, but it's not a big deal. I might give this one another try with a different flavor, but that taste gave me nightmares. I'm finally almost finished with that nose-plugged-chugging ritual since the tub is almost empty.

viniciuspsi's Rating

Best flavor best protein from meet, always 2 times in the days, can help a lot when I can't eat to much....

brandonpetkus's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Why did I rate this at an 8? I have had Carnivor in the past (Fruit Punch) and from what I remember it tasted like garbage back then. I pretty much bought this expecting it to taste bad but I had hoped it would be better by now. It wasn't. I bought Blue Raspberry this time. There used to be only 2 Flavors Fruit Punch and Chocolate. Figured Blue Raspberry would be delicious, sounds delicious. I knew it was going to be bad as soon as I opened up the container. If you buy it tell me what you think of the smell. I'm going with sweaty gym socks with possibly a hint of ball sweat. I then mixed it with 8oz of the purest sink water and shook it. I ended up with a 20oz drink where the top 12oz's are foam. The bottom 8oz's of the drink was the actual drink that was not fully mixed and a little lumpy. You can let it set and drink it like a semi chunky drink if you prefer. I choose to drink it like a man, foam and all. it masks the taste a little. How is the taste? Horrible. To be expected. So why do I choke it down right before a workout? Because it works! I hit the gym harder, my strength is sustained throughout my workout, and it is a quality protein with all of the essentials. I only use it for right before a workout. There is a noticeable difference between this protein and the others. Probably has something to do with the Creatine in it. Well that's all I got. Ordered Cherry Vanilla next. Can't wait!!

gustavocabarcas's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I haven't been taking this for long enough to give a proper review. Supposedly is good stuff and I agree based on the description, BUT, miscibility sucks!

MintBerryKrunch's Rating
Chocolate

Couldn't get passed the rancid taste of this protein. Returned it and am going back to whey, which is a bit disappointing seeing as beef protein has no sugar and few carbs. Doubtful if I'll give it a second shot.

blackdoberman's Rating

Very bad taste. Good digestion. Cold (very cold) water makes big difference BUT doesn't mix well.

AlexCazzetta's Rating
Chocolate

I have been using Carnivor for the past two months with a disciplined and steady diet and correct exercises. I am starting to see the results and lean muscles growth. Chocolate tastes great and works fine in the blender as in the shaker. I shall carry on using this product as the results are spot on!