MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews

More Concentrated Than Steak Or Whey Isolate!

Good
Cherry Vanilla
Peanut Butter

sfilippo's Rating
Chocolate

This is my favorite protein and I have tried a lot of them. The chocolate tastes great and it sits on the stomach well. Only think I don't like is it takes awhile to mix in a shaker because of the foam but with a little patience, it will mix well.

Goatie's Rating

I wanted to try this for several reasons. 1. They fact it was animal protein based and not milk or soy. 2. I also take ERGO Blast (2 scoops) and one full scoop of Xtend BCCA as a pre and during workout drink in a BB.com 2.2 liters bottle. The ERGO Blast has Creatine HCL (1,000 mg by way of Con-Cre`t) and Carnivor has 2.5 g of Creatine Monohydrate. I wanted to see how they mixed with pre and during with hcl and post with mono. After 3 weeks it's going great and will post another review at the end of 6 months with gains. 3. My body thrives off of animal protein (which I personally think has to do with my blood type). I have read some reviews on this on not sure why some people are slamming this product. It mixes 100 times better than whey and in my opinion it tastes great! I get the fruit punch. I mix using 12oz of water and 4oz of fruit juice in a Polar bottle. As far as the "foam" goes.....after shaking, set it down for a min or two and it goes away. Great product and will use it as my liquid protein from here on out!

gaetzke's Rating
Chocolate

I was using optimum nutritions whey and I wanted to switch things up to a beef protein so I was doing some research and I found this and gave it a try. This protein does not mix nearly as well and it definitely gives me the protein *****. The taste isn't as good but it is something I got used to; no vast improvements physically from taking this for a few months, at least it is comparable to whey. I'll end up switching back to whey as it doesn't give me as many indigestive issues as this protein.

custommuffler's Rating

I wish this had been on the market for the last 30 years. This is by far the best and leanest muscle building protein you can buy. This stuff tastes pretty **** bad but now into my 3rd tub, I don`t even taste it. I`m sold on this for life.

hatake13's Rating
Chocolate

hatake13 did not leave a written review for this product.

Viravong74's Rating
Chocolate

Hey ******* stop complaining about the taste just drink the **** thing

CircaZ90's Rating
Chocolate

This protein is both great in taste and VERY affordable. Plenty of protein, BCAA's and even some creatine monohydrates in this mix. Most places I find it have it at $30 which is great for a 28 day supply at one scoop a day. Don't let the "beef" scare you in relation to the taste. I was PLEASANTLY surprised with the chocolate flavored protein mix and am currently on my second tub. I personally like to rotate and change protein powders month to month, and this one is definitely a favorite. THE ONLY thing I can complain about is the mixability as it does tend to leave little chunks every serving.

carrech's Rating
Chocolate

Nice protein, it's not that expensive as the competition and the chocolate tastes good.

barbartos's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

barbartos did not leave a written review for this product.

jprowell's Rating
Chocolate

jprowell did not leave a written review for this product.

marcelanasc's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I absolutely love this protein. Have seen considerable results after I started taking this, even before I made any drastic changes on my diet. The chocolate flavor is the best I've ever had. Dissolves quick and even with a little bit of water, it's not thick at all. The peanut butter flavor, on the other hand, is disgusting!! Does not resemble the taste of peanuts in any way, takes a while to dissolve and the foam it produces when you shake it is gross and does not go away like the chocolate does. Bottom line, I'll stick to chocolate, cause i know I can't go wrong with that!

Cnewt2006's Rating

Tastes great. Mixes well.

Moshmetalhead's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

This is one of my favorite powder for how easy it is to digest it. I have quickly seen an increase of my lean mass. However, the taste is an important issue. I usually ameliorate the chocolate flavour with cinnamon and it is alright. But for the vanilla flavour, I have found nothing strong enough to hide its bad taste. After gagging a couple of times while trying to drink a shake, I have decided to put it in the garbage and buy another powder.

aciddncl's Rating
Chocolate

This is a really good product, got a nice amount protien with only 120calories. I usually take this before workout with a post workout shake (creatine) and im feeling great. It mixes good although the chocolate flavour has a wierd taste to it which makes it slightly less appealing and more of a chore to drink. It is still a good product for money and i am not displeased with it is just not standing out too much from other similar products on the market

ZaneCutler's Rating
Chocolate Pretzel
Chocolate

Ok, so first off the taste is pretty embarrassing. It mixes weird now matter how you mix it, taste bad, and feels wrong to ingest. (Like I'm drinking human feces for protein). But, it's definitely a great product potency wise. It's surely high quality protein. But, when you can get protein as potent that taste 5x better, you start to consider the taste. Taste might not be important to you, but this is below average. The bodybuilder that says they'll do whatever it takes/taste doesn't matter still might run into issues here, because I myself was like that when I bought this. Then I learned there is bad taste and then tasting like poop. I don't want to drink poop for my protein.

sserhan's Rating

Taste like absolute waste. Every time I drink this I pinch my nose off, and even then I feel like throwing up each time. The product foams like crazy, I can put in just a quarter cup of water, and the scoop of this garbage will fill up the cup. It is clumpy, VERY powdery (makes a huge mess on your hands and the outside of the bottle). I don't know if I got a bad batch, but this stuff is awful. What a waste of 50$, threw it out. I should have just gotten chocolate.

R1fan's Rating

I rarely leave reviews, so I will make this to the point to keep it from being too "wordy". PRO's - Muscle hardening...No really, after a week of taking this, big difference! My wife agreed it was like the small amount of fat from my arm's for cushion was completely gone when flexed and very solid, didn't believe the difference from other reviews is why I bought it, they weren't bullsh'ting. - Recovery is excellent! no longer sore the next day after the 2+ hour work out's. - Integrated Creatine. I've always been a fan of creatine because of the water weight and may have something to do with the hardening of the muscles as creatine has that effect (No need to stack creatine - 5grams a day with 2 servers morning and night of this stuff). - No fat or Calories! My stomach for the first time of my life just appeared one morning a few weeks after I quit smoking awhile back, seems to be diminishing quickly. -BCAA's added CON's - I have to state the Obvious: This stuff is freaking disgusting! and Head Fizz after shaking with just water or milk, I don't think I could make it through the first container without supplementing. (one more Pro)My wife surprised me by adding 2 cups of milk, 2 Tbsp of non fat yogurt, 2 apples, 1 banana, and hand full of blueberries in the blender....Of course the taste is great but no more head fizz that would give gas in the gym constantly running to the bathroom(seriously). When getting this, supplementing with fruit, milke (etc) are must have's unless your taste bud's are broken. - The after taste without supplementing the shake with yogurt, fruit, milk and sugar(basically covering up orginal taste) can be unbearable. Edit - This stuff is Great! Glad I found this at the beginning, I will take beef protein over any other protein any day.

TopNanas's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Carnivor... What a complicated relationship we have. You don't mix well, you're often bitter and gross, you're a little creatine crazy, and there is some doubt as to what you're actually made of. On the other hand, you're a very unique product. A nice break on the digestive system from the usual whey and you seem to work just as well, plus you're not full of sweeteners like the other proteins. I'll probably end up coming back for more one day.

Freestateman's Rating
Chocolate

I have been using this product for over a month now and I am very pleased with the results. It has really helped me put on a lot of muscle mass. What I like the most about this product is that it's a good 2 in 1 supplement. Along with the beef protein, you're also getting a high dose of creatine (2.5g per serving). I take two scoops in the morning and two scoops in the evening giving me a total of 10g of creatine a day (the same amount as if you just bought a straight creatine powder separately) along with 92g of beef protein. When you consider this fact, the value of Carnivore is a bargain. ****According to MuscleMed's CS, Carnivore is made from 100% actual RED MEAT left over BEEF trimmings from bones. NOT hoofs and crap!***

schirgy's Rating

Little nervous about getting beef protein from something other than a good steak but I was having some stomach issues with whey after several years of taking whey protein and needed to try a different protein. Out of the container it didn't smell very good but the taste was surprisingly good (someone compared to hot chocolate and I agree). As some of the other reports state, the mix-ability isn't very good compared to a quality whey isolate so you occasionally get a chunk of chocolate but I could deal with that. Didn't have any stomach issues and was able to increase muscle size. I would recommend.