MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews

More Concentrated Than Steak Or Whey Isolate!

Good
3.3
Peanut Butter
5.7

Jongema's Rating

Really enjoy this product and it has helped a lot toward meeting my body composition goals. I had the pretzel flavor which is quite tasty and the fact that it is lower in calories to the protein content than most of the whey proteins I've had meant that it was a great way to keep my protein intake up will on a calorie restrictive plan. Definitely a regular part of my nutritional routine from here on out. Only note is that the powder is very fine which while making it very smooth to drink/blend can make a mess if you're in a rush and just throwing things around.

Jaredmajerle's Rating
Chocolate

I have a poor GI response to whey so have tried a ton of alternatives, most of which have tasted HORRIBLE or have been extremely expensive. This is the best non-whey protein I've found, for the value. A lot of reviews complained of mixing problems--In my experience, this is a general characteristic of beef proteins, and Carnivor is the most mixable I've found (the GN store brand beef protein wouldn't even dissolve; it just turned into a thick slime in water, even with a shaker bottle). Taste is a matter of preference, but this one beats most I've tried. Also, it has no fat and is very low carb; other rare qualities that make this product great for hitting protein macro.

sissyslaps's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

I read the reviews and gave this a try myself. The only defining characteristic I found out of this protein is that it doesn't give me nearly as much gas that whey does. The biggest caveat is that Vanilla Caramel tastes dreadful. I can only tolerate it with almond milk-- I tried to drink it with just water and it made me gag every time. The mix is meh, I still get some chunks after vigorous shaking, but it's not a big deal. I might give this one another try with a different flavor, but that taste gave me nightmares. I'm finally almost finished with that nose-plugged-chugging ritual since the tub is almost empty.

viniciuspsi's Rating

Best flavor best protein from meet, always 2 times in the days, can help a lot when I can't eat to much....

brandonpetkus's Rating
Blue Raspberry

Why did I rate this at an 8? I have had Carnivor in the past (Fruit Punch) and from what I remember it tasted like garbage back then. I pretty much bought this expecting it to taste bad but I had hoped it would be better by now. It wasn't. I bought Blue Raspberry this time. There used to be only 2 Flavors Fruit Punch and Chocolate. Figured Blue Raspberry would be delicious, sounds delicious. I knew it was going to be bad as soon as I opened up the container. If you buy it tell me what you think of the smell. I'm going with sweaty gym socks with possibly a hint of ball sweat. I then mixed it with 8oz of the purest sink water and shook it. I ended up with a 20oz drink where the top 12oz's are foam. The bottom 8oz's of the drink was the actual drink that was not fully mixed and a little lumpy. You can let it set and drink it like a semi chunky drink if you prefer. I choose to drink it like a man, foam and all. it masks the taste a little. How is the taste? Horrible. To be expected. So why do I choke it down right before a workout? Because it works! I hit the gym harder, my strength is sustained throughout my workout, and it is a quality protein with all of the essentials. I only use it for right before a workout. There is a noticeable difference between this protein and the others. Probably has something to do with the Creatine in it. Well that's all I got. Ordered Cherry Vanilla next. Can't wait!!

gustavocabarcas's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I haven't been taking this for long enough to give a proper review. Supposedly is good stuff and I agree based on the description, BUT, miscibility sucks!

MintBerryKrunch's Rating
Chocolate

Couldn't get passed the rancid taste of this protein. Returned it and am going back to whey, which is a bit disappointing seeing as beef protein has no sugar and few carbs. Doubtful if I'll give it a second shot.

blackdoberman's Rating

Very bad taste. Good digestion. Cold (very cold) water makes big difference BUT doesn't mix well.

AlexCazzetta's Rating
Chocolate

I have been using Carnivor for the past two months with a disciplined and steady diet and correct exercises. I am starting to see the results and lean muscles growth. Chocolate tastes great and works fine in the blender as in the shaker. I shall carry on using this product as the results are spot on!

briney11's Rating
Chocolate

Not real happy with Carnivore. This stuff does not mix well and mostly turns to foam when you shake it up. Clumpy foam that tastes decent at best is not worth buying this stuff and I won't be buying it again. In fact I can't wait for it to be gone so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Rydharde's Rating

Very disappointed with this product, it has so many great reviews? Which leads me to believe that can't trust anything I read anymore, the only thing that I can agree on what I've have read, is terrible FOAM build up after mixing. The best proteins that I've had were much thicker and little to no foam.

Meyer58's Rating
Cherry Vanilla
Chocolate

YOU HAVE TO MIX THE CHERRY CORRECTLY. My first shake at the cherry I wondered how i was ever going to get through the rest of the 2lbs I bought. It tasted like someone dumped cherry koolaid(spellcheck) on a blended up steak. One day I accidentally mixed it and let it sit for a good 10-15 minutes before I drank it. Completely different, instead of the nasty meat flavored jagerbomb i had been drinking it actually tasted like a cherry gatorade. All of the protein powder had dissolved and the consistency more resembled a BCAA mixture and tasted 10x better.

sincura's Rating
Chocolate Pretzel

Nice alternative to whey and casein I was surprised at the taste, its good. Was getting allot of bloating from whey plus casein blends so gave this a try, will use again.

omarbobby's Rating

excellent results

djkreger's Rating

I love this protein because it doesn't give me sinus issues like whey does. This protein mixes easily, isn't super sweet, and already has creatine in it. And the price is very reasonable. My protein of choice!

FcoDGF's Rating
Chocolate

FcoDGF did not leave a written review for this product.

awagner1116's Rating
Chocolate

This protein powder does not mix well with milk by any means. Even when mixing with water, a large amount of gas is expelled and the mix gets a nice foam across the top. The flavor isn't chocolate, but more of a mocha taste that has some bitterness to it. Overall, it serves its purpose, but is underwhelming in its delivery of taste, mixability, and performance. I would not recommend this to anyone unless you highly value Kai Greene or a beef isolate specifically.

CHAOS13211's Rating

The have this protein and was shocked by the flavor of the chocolate they had for this product. It was not desirable at first when I drink it and probably not one I like drinking but I tolerate it to get the protein. Its not bad if you looking for a non-soy and non-whey product that paleo helpful. I like it for simply as a isolate and it does it job for what it is.

joe1627's Rating

after ordering it i found out the protein was from left over cow parts like bone ligaments and other nasty stuff.. i can barely drink it and i pride my self on a strong stomach

fxannamarie13's Rating

I'm lactose intolerant. I've been using this protein going on 2 years now. I LOVE it. My stomach is happy and my recovery is great. I recommend this to anyone who has a sensitive stomach or lactose irritation. I ended up a little gassy when I initially started it, but went away by the third time I had it. Highly recommend.