MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews

More Concentrated Than Steak Or Whey Isolate!

6.9
Peanut Butter
6.2

Urfubar's Rating
Chocolate

Flavors and mixing: Sadly it's true what they say about vanilla caramel, it's chokable but not much else, plus it foams like crazy - and I mean crazy - after mixing it in a shaker what you get is almost exclusively foam, and you have to wait for it to liquefy which takes a minute or two, and I want my shake immediately! Oh, and it doesn't mix well at all so expect pieces of wet powder in there... Fortunately chocolate is much better, it's still a far cry compared to ON Double Rich Chocolate but it tastes OK, the amount of foam is minimal and it mixes very well in a shaker - I was actually surprised. Performance: Now this is where it's at. Seriously. No powdered protein ever gave me such noticeable results. After about 3 weeks of using it I have seriously progressed in terms of both lean muscle mass and strength. I know it has some creatine in it but I was already taking creating as I took up Carnivor so it can't be it. I strongly recommend it, especially to people who don't have time/cash to prepare/consume a lot of meat, like me. Summary: It's performance benefits highly outmatch the flavor-related issues so if you're not too whimsy about the taste and have nothing against some additional creatine monohydrate I urge y'all to be open-minded and give it a try.

t3ddymac's Rating
Chocolate

Mixes quickly in a shaker. Tastes like weak hot chocolate if you know what I mean. Has to be one of the best tasting proteins I've had in a long time. Only used it for a few days so far but looking forward to the results. Really like the Natural occurring Creatine. I drink 1 serving Pre WO and 1 serving Post WO so that is the perfect amount of Creatine for my daily needs without having to buy a separate container.

artemisdoyle's Rating

I'm NOT a fussy eater (evidence? see profile photo...hey, I'm working on it!), but I have to say that the cherry vanilla is one of the most disgusting things I've ever drank (and I once accidentally drank beer that had a butt in it). On the other hand, the mint choc, choc, and choc peanut butter are AWESOME.

MarcusQ94's Rating
Chocolate

Tasted like hot rich hot chocolate. mixed pretty well given that you give it a shake for 20sec or so. Id recommend this product. Better drink it slow, gave me some digestion issues.

sleeperking's Rating
Blue Raspberry

I am new to beef isolate protein and had mild paranoia about the flavor. I feared it would taste at best like a fast food Angus burger dipped in Kool Aid and at worst like sludge in a frying pan. Carnivor tastes like neither, but it would still be charitable to call it better than medicinal. Do not let this deter you if you are serious about diversifying your supplements, though. Carnivor has a lot going for it, such as the low calories and lack of cholesterol and everything else that you can read for yourself on the label. I mainly appreciate that it digests quickly and causes zero stomach discomfort; in fact, after my first glass, I kept waiting for the creeping gas and momentary bloat of post-workout whey. Nothing happened then or since. My advice is to make it with a blender and, for the love of god, to never mix it with a spoon alone. Sticky little bubbles that look like larvae will rise to the top of your glass. As for gains, I have noticed some peaking in the trapezius that I did not see using other products. Whether or not I can thank Carnivor alone is up to debate, of course. Give it a shot if you are lactose intolerant or simply want a change of pace from dairy.

bluegurl2005's Rating
Chocolate Mint

My husbands loves the mint choc over the choc. This is the best tasting protein that I have found for him beside soy protein ( which can give u man boobs over time). He can not have whey because he is allergic. So this is the next best protein! Thank u muscle meds, now just beef protein bars without whey please! My husband would love it!

Zeick0's Rating
Cherry Vanilla

Beef concentrate protein is what my muscles need to grow. I have always been using whey but 2 months ago i decided to try something else. This is really great product if you want to gain lean muscle, and if you train hard, you can get impressive results just after 2 months of training. You should give it a try! I know what these "beef" products are made of, but if eating hot dogs and KFC is OK with you, eating this should not cause you vomiting reflex. Chocolate Mint tastes disgusting and takes few days to get used to it and you might need to add some extra water or milk to soften the taste. But, try something else than this. Cherry Vanilla isn't any better, unless you want to drink pink bubblegum fluid.

tcron141's Rating

Great product, and tastes great. Works very fast. Puts me in the mood to work out naked with my guy friends. I love this protein and will keep buying it.

Nachoooo777's Rating

Figured I'd try this out after using Dymatize's ISO 100 gourmet choc for about six months (great ******* protein btw). So I get the chocolate peanut butter. super stoked thinking it's going to taste like chocolate peanut butter you know get some choco pb gains but no noOoOo **** tasted like old queso flowing down my throat. Lots of foam after mixing definitely have this **** cold unless you plan on putting it over your nachos. As for the gains couldn't drink it long enough to record any. Going to mix the rest with milk, flour and vitamins and make little protein balls for the homeless.

jecostello's Rating

jecostello did not leave a written review for this product.

Twhiskey's Rating

Like many others who use this protein, I have a tough time digesting dairy. I've been through 6 tubs of Carnivor, and have not experienced any bloat or stomach cramps. I even save a little money because I don't need to buy separate creatine as long as I take two scoops of Carnivor/day. The chocolate tastes great, doesn't foam in my shaker, and isn't super sweet. Chocolate pretzel is pretty good as well, but has a slight burnt after taste. I'm working on a tub of strawberry now, and I have to slam it to get it down. It is foamy, nasty, pink hell. Besides the strawberry flavor, I'm overall very pleased with this protein and will be continuing to buy (chocolate flavors only).

aestheticboy18's Rating
Chocolate

leaves a few clumps but other than that very good.

Nmerk's Rating

Best protein out there as far as quality. what better way to get your protein thn through a beef isolate? I have been through a couple of bottles, and I love it. It doesn't taste that great, but I don't like to base ratings on taste, so I still give it a 9. not a 10 though because, it drives me crazy with how much it foams up in my shaker..

Codycurler's Rating
Chocolate

I've been searching for a good alternative to whey for awhile after figuring out the hives I would get everyday for two years was being caused by lactose and anything with whey in it. I tried egg protein which mixed and tasted absolutely horrid. It foamed like crazy and I couldn't even stomach the taste without mixing it with some type of food like oatmeal. Once I tried MuscleMeds Carnivor I was hooked!! The reviews said it mixes bad and that the taste is bunk. As far as taste, I have only tried chocolate being that a fruity protein just sounds wrong to me. I don't know why people cant mix this stuff because I have stirred shaken and blended this stuff and every time it mixed smooth with zero foam. I highly recommend this protein if you are looking to get away from whey. The only downside to me is the 1.5g of creatine monohydrate per serving. I would prefer it not have any, but being that it is a derivative of beef I guess that's just the way it has to be!

gpipin's Rating
Chocolate

This product has a great composition and also great taste. It is a bit hard to mix, which made me give it an 8. It gets a little clumpy so I often needed to drink a little and then put more water to make sure everything would mix. However, I would not recommend this product for anyone who has acne-prone skin, since it has a high amount of B6 that may mess up your skin like it did to mine. But if you don't have this kind of problem, go for it.

santiblanco's Rating
Vanilla Caramel

works great, but i didnt like the taste. specially vainilla caramel thats the worst!!

JustinRiley7's Rating

This is the best protein on the market hands down. There is no other protein that comes close. I've been a regular purchaser of Carnivor for 2 years now, and it has helped me exceed any goal I've set no matter if it was for bulk or to lean down. I can actually feel the fast absorption almost immediately. My muscles fill full and nourished right after consumption. I honestly cannot say that regarding other proteins I've taken. MuscleMeds Carnivor is king!

ejbassett's Rating

This stuff tastes amazing. Don't listen to anyone that says it smells or tastes "beefy". Give carnivor a try.

jeepman211's Rating
Chocolate

Performance of this product is better than what I have seen out of other protein supplements. I was at a standstill, but consistent use (2 servings on workout days) has resulted in some gains. I would recommend based on product performance. Taste wasn't so good. Chocolate is edible, but not quite up to par with a normal whey protein. The Vanilla Caramel has an atrocious aftertaste, but it can be choked down.

Xtrach's Rating
Chocolate

Very good composition, these amino acids and creatine are fine. The chocolate flavor is very delicious even with water, but the vanilla caramel is the worst I've tasted.