Formutech Nutrition VOLATILE Reviews

Prepare For A Boost Of Muscular Strength And An Increase In Your Peak Power Output!*

Good
7.4

TGT2's Rating

Formutech's Volatile is a low-stim pre-workout that appears mostly to deliver on muscle volumization effects. The profile is entirely proprietary, making it difficult to discern how any of the ingredients are dosed. It has been disclosed that there is only 125 mg of caffeine in the blend, meaning the three ingredients that follow caffeine in the blend have equal or smaller doses. For me Volatile is a pre-workout product that I often will double or triple scoop. The one serving energy isn't quite what I want to help fuel me through a workout but the two or three serving dose does energize me far more. It is still a very smooth ride, which I appreciate. Outside of the energy effects, I noticed some improvement in endurance and pumps. The effects were noticeable but not incredible. I still wanted a little more. In terms of taste, I was really satisfied. The cherry lemonade was one of the better flavors I have ever tasted in a pre-workout - a unique flavor too. The powder mixed up easily, which was convenient. Flavor is a 10 in my book. The overall product is an 8 because I think the formula could definitely be improved a little especially if being sold for almost a dollar a serving.

emersonthacker's Rating

Volatile is a low stimulant pre-workout product (125 mg caffeine) designed for multiple scooping, which I think for various situations is desirable. The label is highly proprietary and is led off with taurine, a cheap ingredient that does have cell volumization effects. This is somewhat concerning. If Formutech wanted to lead with a cell volumizing ingredient in a proprietary blend, I think leading with something like Hydromax glycerol would inspire some more confidence in consumers that the label is solid. The remainder of the opaque 9 gram proprietary blend includes some ergogenic aids, cell volumizers, and N.O. Boosters. There is also DIM, which is an interesting and unique addition to a pre-workout, though highly unlikely to have any acute effects on a workout. Overall, the Volatile formula isn't going to knock anyone's socks off but it has some upsides if you're looking for a low stim product and some pump. In terms of training with Volatile, I found the sweet spot for the serving size was about 2.5 scoops. This got me to around 300 mg per caffeine per workout, which I think gives awesome energy and enriched some of the likely underdosed ergogenic aids and NO boosters. The 2.5 scoops performed pretty well. The muscle pumps were consistently hard and full, and my energy was excellent and without side effects. There wasn't much in the way on enhanced focus, motivation, or mood. The effects of this pre-workout aren't fancy or mind-blowing, but it's effects are reliable and will get the job done while having versatility. The cherry lemonade flavor is excellent. There is about an even balance between the cherry and lemonade flavors. It has some nice sweetness and tartness. I think it is a well designed and unique flavor. 10 out of 10 on flavor. Total rating - 8 out of 10.

TheNightmare's Rating
Berry Eruption

Taste: Like Trix yogurt! BY FAR a lot better than most PWO flavor like C4, Jacke3d, and Assualt. Performance: Wow, Vascularity?! yeah, didn't have vascularity like this. This product does give a noticeable increased body temp, no doubt, but if you're reading this review, you should be down for it. No crash, solid power, not jittery, would definitely buy. Solid product!

makster's Rating
Berry Eruption

I THINK THIS IS AN ALRIGHT PRODUCT BUT WAS A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED TO OPEN THE CANISTER AND FOUND IT COMPLETELYSOLID. THERE WAS NO PACKET IN IT TO KEEP THE MOISTURE AWAY. I DID GET IT ALL BROCKEN UP. IT HAS A GOOD FLAVOR, GIVES PRETTY GOOD ENERGY. NOT THE BEST NOT THE WORST. TO ME IT JUST IS A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD PWO.

Ironoutlaw360's Rating

Another great product from a great company!

Blake2732's Rating
Berry Eruption

The proprietary blend is 9g, so it's a pretty heavy dose of active ingredients. However, Taurine is the very first ingredient. I don't think taurine is necessarily a bad ingredient, but it's dirt cheap so I would guess they put a whole bunch of it in as a filler, but that could be wrong. If that's not the case, then the whole product just got better! Creatine: There are 2 types of creatine fairly high on the list, plus 1g in the BCAA product. So, I would imagine between the products it probably comes pretty close to the 3-5g dose, but i've been adding a little bit in on my own just for good measure. Beta-Alanine: Between the 2g in the BCAA, and the fact it is second on the blend list. I would almost guarantee this hits the studied dose of 3.2g In addition, the proprietary blend has citrulline, agmatine, caffeine, and some b-vitamins. However, they are so low in the blend they are probably negligible amounts. That's a good thing with the caffeine though, many of the pre-workouts today have WAYYY more caffeine than is necessary. If you've got the money this isn't a bad pre-workout to give a shot!

moon90's Rating
Berry Eruption

Really great product! Great tasting (even though the powder smells bad the taste is soooo good)! Feel the pump and energy boost almost instantly! Highly recommend!

thelast10's Rating

Great energy, helps immensely with fatigue, helped me squeeze out that last rep or two... I was thoroughly impressed while using this. I used a flavor that's not listed on here, so I can't comment on the flavor they have listed. Overall a great pre-workout. I give it a 9.3/10

cbs's Rating

VOLATILE: TASTE: 8/10 I really like the taste of this pwo. However, it did have a slight medicine taste but it wasn't too bad. Mixability: 9/10 Mixed perfectly. I always put my pre-workout supps directly into my water bottle. This did great. Only had to shake for about 10-15 seconds...not too long. Energy/endurance: 8/10 Good clean energy with this. Endurance was just okay but it did the job. However, I did notice that if take this about an hour before my workout, I had longer endurance compared to just if I had taken in about 30 minutes prior. Pump/vascularity: 9/10 Good solid pump. Had better pumps with other products, but this was adequate. Overall: 9/10 Will definitely purchase again in the future. I highly recommend it.

marauder13's Rating

I recently finished logging a tub of Volatile (Tropical Punch), and I can honestly say that it is one of the best preworkouts that I have tried. It's definitely in the top 3. Possibly top 2 or even top 1. It's just that good. I was worried when I first opened my tub, because the smell of the powder was absolutely horrible, but it mixed perfectly and tasted amazing. I alternated between 1, 1.5, and 2 scoops depending on what I was training on a particular day and also to gauge how different doses compared to each other. 1 scoop was all that was needed on leg days. 1.5 was plenty on most other days. However, there were certain workouts (mostly on back/bi and chest/tri days) where 2 scoops hit the spot perfectly. Volatile provided tremendous pump. There were days that I was almost in pain from the pump. It made me not want to stop. One thing that surprised me was the amount of energy and focus that I got from Volatile. I knew going in that this wasn't a stim-based product, so I wasn't expecting much in this department. But the energy and focus were there. This wasn't your typical jittery, nervous, high-stim energy. It was just nice and smooth. Just enough energy to make it through a workout...and NO CRASH. Overall, I would have to say that the biggest thing I took away from using Volatile were the strength gains I made. Workout after workout I was hitting PRs. Not just a few. A lot. I can comfortably say that the best workouts I have ever consistently had have been while I was using Volatile. This is a great product, and I will (and have) recommend it strongly to anyone wanting to take their training to another level. I am looking forward to trying it again in the future.

krankphreak's Rating
Berry Eruption

This is definitely the best PWO I have ever tried. The pump is out of this world, perhaps by the Vinitrox in it (which should be in every pwo imo) and lasts longer than any other 'pump' product I have tried. The only downfall is the smell, kinda funky, but it does taste great once you get past that. Amazing product and I highly recommend it. I was lucky enough to win a free tub to log, and this is going into my wish list for seconds.

mountainman3359's Rating

Overall, Volatile really delivered. Clean energy, good focus, pumps and vascularity were spot on, flavor was good (Fruit Punch), mixed VERY well, no clumps or grit, and I set a few PR's on Volatile. I'm a home gymer and my gym isn't always the warmest. Volatile got me heated up quite well and I was able to really add to my endurance. This will be a go to PWO for me from now on. I'll have to try the berry flavor as well. Great PWO.

ccmarks's Rating

Energy: 10/10 This product is top notch in this department. Great energy every time I used it. It has staying power as well...more then enough for a good 1.5 hour long session. Focus: 10/10 The energy Volatile gives is good clean energy..no jitteryness of shakiness. Prior to Volatile I was using Cellucor c4..and I would have rated it 5/10 in this section for the jitteryness it sometimes gave me. There were times I took 2 full scoops of Volatile and didn't feel wired at all. Pumps: 6/10Honestly I am sure my lack of pumps is not from the product. When I started logging Volatile I was cutting on Keto, so low cal no carbs. See full review:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158259353&page=1&highlight=Ccmarks

blokpost's Rating
Berry Eruption

Tastes awesome. Is very effective. I love 1.5-2 scoops. This dosing gives me really massive pumps and great energy. What I liked most I didn't feel any crashes (It's important for me, because I'm sensitive to some stim containing supplements)

levirage's Rating
Berry Eruption

Hands down my favorite Pre right now. Most insane pumps I've ever had, and lots and lots of energy. I'm a pretty big guy and one serving always does super well for me. I would recommend this to anyone new and experienced with pre workout formulas. Flavor is good, mixture is just fine. No clumps at all.

alyssa1221's Rating

alyssa1221 did not leave a written review for this product.

infektid's Rating

Mixability This product mixed pretty well. Occasionally there were some very tiny floating particles in my shaker, but they were not noticable when drinking the product. Taste Taste was ok. It was the most lacking factor for me with this product. I had fruit punch flavor. However to be fair, the product sat on my doorstep for 8 plus hours in the smoldering heat. The fruit punch took on a bit of a plastic smell. Focus Focus was good with this product. Nothing crazy as far as tunnel vision but I was able to focus on my lifts without getting distracted easily. Pump The pumps I got with this product were good. Every single day that I took the product I was able to get a good pump. Each body part had lots of blood flow. Energy The energy with this product is fast acting. It hits you within 10 minutes and keeps you going for around 2 hours. I was running 1.5 scoops prior to my workouts. This seemed to give me the energy I needed without stimming me out or keeping me up at night. Overall I gave Volatile an 8. I would try volatile again and probably recommend it for trial for my friends. Learn more at http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/formutech-nutrition/volatile.html

runningback25's Rating

So, to start this off, the muscle pump was..... INSANE!! My energy was sky rocketed, and my focus was like there was no one else in the gym. It was only me to the weights !

superhuman67's Rating
Berry Eruption

This is one of the best preworkout supplements that is under 150mg of caffeine per serving. I use 1 1/2 servings and it is still lower in caffeine at this dose than most of the caffeine loaded preworkouts on the market. The clean focused energy kicks in about 15 min after consuming and it continues right through your workout and never lets up until you finish training. The stamins that you get from this product is fantastic you will find yourself doing rep after rep with plenty still left in the tank. I highly recommend this preworkout supplement to anyone who is stim sensitive and 1 scoop will work perfectly and for ones who are more tolerant to stims 1 1/2 should definitely be your sweet spot.

ausamo2000's Rating
Berry Eruption

i was given 3 samples but sadly 2 were stolen from me so i only got to try one but its an average pre workout. the flavor is weird but not bad and the energy and focus were there, just not to the level i would have liked. maybe if i was able to try two servings at once then i would have something better to say but yea