Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews

Good
Strawberries & Cream

locpham's Rating
Cappuccino Rush

locpham did not leave a written review for this product.

lordgrunty's Rating

Quality is ****ght, but I like that it is a blend. The strawberry makes an amazing frozen shake, the cookies and cream just tastes like vanilla, but is still solid, and the cappuccino is just awful no matter what, and I love coffee flavored things

jtolkien's Rating

Not exactly the best flavor I've had, but not horrible. My biggest problem with this product is that it doesn't mix well at all, no matter how long you shake it, and I've tried a couple different types of mixers. This is very clumpy. ON Protein mixes way better. Also, my recovery while using this product seemed to suffer. I noticed a quick change once I switched back to ON. I would not recommend it to others.

SportPsych's Rating

I not only received this product the day after I ordered (WAHOO!) but it is amazing. I am a huge coffee drinker and I cannot start my day without it. I can already tell my mornings are going to be going a lot smoother when I have to rush out the door.

Ouimer's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Very few protein products out there that I haven't tried; I switch it up constantly. This is option is very much a middle of the road, ho-hum protein powder. Clubs form quite often, the scoop is huge so you're going through it much faster and the Cookies and Cream tastes pretty generic; nothing special about it. Probably won't purchase this again unless I'm strapped for cash or there's another deal on it.

Jbennetts22's Rating

I guess maybe this was my own fault for not thinking that since it was coffee flavored it would have caffeine, but i would have liked there to be more of eye catching place that said, " there is caffeine in here"

GrindTime22's Rating
Swiss Chocolate

Flavor was good, better than I had expected. No mixing issues or issues when I used it to bake/cook. Good profile, good value, good product.

tomwymer's Rating
French Vanilla

Love this protein mix. Has everything you need. If you follow Jim Stoppani you know that you want a good protein blend of whey, casein, . This brand is economical for those who want to maximize their dollars. Mixability is OK. Vanilla is great Chocolate is good too especially with milk. Good for smoothies, post workout, anytime. No fillers either so that's a bonus.

B1132518's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Dymatize gourmet is alright. It does what it's intended to do but I got the cookies n' cream and was disappointed by the flavor and texture. It's just very chalky and tastes nothing like the name. I've never had any other protein froth up like this one in a shaker cup so I find that very odd. Mixabilty; 6.5/10 Texture/consistency: 6/10 Taste: 6.5/10 (fairly good mixed in oatmeal. decent flavor with either milk or water but barely has a hint of cookies n' cream) I do like and support Dymatize but I'm sure there are better blends out there. I think it would be fair to try a different flavor before making a final assessment but I would definitely not recommend this particular flavor.

neako1892's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Great flavor and mixes well. Suggest adding a scoop of PB Fit to make an even better shake!

traceycombel's Rating
Cappuccino Rush

Normally I stick with ON for my protein needs, (Gold Standard, Performance, Casein, or Hydrowhey, depending on current goal) which is perfect for me. However, I saw the Dymatize Elite on sale for around $30 for the 5lb tubs. I purchased the Cappuccino rush and Peanut Butter Chocolate (CPB). First off, I am not a fan of the powder itself. It was very fine and clumpy, not easy to mix. I just finished my tub of chocolate peanut butter, and had my first taste of the cappuccino this morning for my breakfast shake. The CPB did not taste great at all, but was tolerable. The Cappuccino thus far tastes better in my opinion. I was not working toward any specific goal while taking this, so I cant attest to any usefulness for gains or cuts. However, I maintained as I wanted with no issues in terms of accidentally gaining or losing weight, so it certainly worked well for a maintenance protein. Its definitely worth a shot if its on sale, but I honestly will stick with ON in general. If this goes on sale again, though, it cant hurt to give it a shot to see how it works for you.

jonesboy0422's Rating
Swiss Chocolate

Wonderful product, I have confidence in Dymatize products and know of natural bodybuilders who only trust there physique to dymatize products. Please continue to crank out protein without all the unnecessary hype and junk.

amandamariee27's Rating
Strawberries & Cream
Swiss Chocolate

When i bought swiss chocolate i went into it with high expectations since i read that most people were saying it tastes like nesquick. it was not bad at all, but for me, i felt that it was too sweet. I honestly have a love/hate relationship with the strawberries and cream. At first, it tasted terrible (at least to me) but as I started to drink it more and more i started to hate it less, of course I also started to blend it with a banana so i can tolerate it. What I'm trying to say is .. if you are not a super chocolate loving person like myself, then I would honestly recommend this one.

Kingraj23's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Officially my go to protein blend powder

doug9994's Rating
French Vanilla

Great taste and mixes very easy!

docdave602's Rating
Swiss Chocolate

good flavor, mixes well with water or in smoothies

BillGun's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Compared to other proteins that I used in the past, this one is probably the worst. I like the brand Dymatize, it always have cheap price and good protein. Compared to other similar proteins(sustained release) such as Dymatize's Fusion 7 and Muscle Pharm's Combat Powder, Elite Gourmet is really hard to blend. I had to shake my shaker for about 10 minutes still not mixed well. It is really thick, and not good taste. I don't mind about thick or bad taste of the protein as long as it does the work. But this one doesn't blend well, I don't like to eat dry protein powder. If you don't mind eating powder, then it is really good priced. $40 for 5 lbs, and you can still use come back 10% off or birthday 10%, which is really cheap

trevdog2123's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is a good overall protein. I like that it has both Whey and Casein protein. However, I do feel that there are more sugars/carbs than I'd prefer. I also really like that Dymatize doesn't appear to Protein/Nitrogen spike their products. Thats a HUGE plus for me! I Gourmet Elite as my post workout shake (Just Elite for everything else because of the Carbs) and the cookies and cream flavor is awesome. Much better than Cinnamon Bun or Chocolate Mint. I usually order Rich Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, or Cookies and Cream when I order Dymatize. These are their best flavors IMHO. Overall I'm happy with this protein, especially for the price of a 5 lb. tub! Go Team Dymatize!

kpperry's Rating

kpperry did not leave a written review for this product.

Bryan2K15's Rating
French Vanilla

This protein powder is overall good. The flavor is very nice. It really is "gourmet". The problem (at least my experience) is while mixing it with milk/water. It is very hard to dissolve completely. That's the only problem I got with this protein. But for the price and servings, it is a very good option to go with.