Dymatize Elite Casein Reviews

Slow Release Casein to Feed Muscles Overnight and Recover from Intense Training*

Good
Smooth Vanilla
7.8

walkady's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

When I read the blog of a fellow member (e_santana) and decided to follow a similar supplemental format to theirs whilst I too opted to alter my own healthy living regime, I was glad Eddie indicated the flavour of casein he preferred as, out of all the protein flavours I have tasted this has to be my favourite whether it is mixed with water or milk. Better still when I add BCAA unflavoured powder or leucine or creating powder into the mix the taste does not alter or dissipate like it does with the fast acting protein which has led me to add in half a scoop of this flavour casein to my pre/post work out protein shakes just to help alleviate the taste and add some flavour. I note it must be popular as I have logged in a couple of time to re-order the cinnamon bun flavour and it has been unavailable. Glad I purchased the 4LB option when it was on offer! It's the only protein powder flavour I enjoy taking prior to bed and upon waking the pre/post one I currently use is awful in comparison and just hope the alternative two I have ordered will remove that feeling of dread when I hear myself up to taking the daily pre/post ones. So in short yes I would recommend this brand and highly recommend cinnamon bun flavour which, as suggested by fellow member Eddie, also tastes great when you had 1/3 of a scoop to a cup of coffee!

crls10's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

The best mixing and best tasting casein protein by far. It's fair priced, 100% micellar casein, satisfies sweet tooth, and just plain delicious. As far as results, it's protein powder, if you're consuming the correct amount of macros for your goals, you will achieve them. This only helps add to my protein intake and ensures I get amino's even while I sleep. Pros: Reasonably priced, delicious, good mixability (for casein), 100% micellar protein. Cons: The only con I have is, it uses artificial sweeteners.

Maybezerk's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

So far, the best tasting Cinnamon flavored protein I have tried. Far better than Dymatize's Iso-100 in the same flavor, in both the strength of the cinnamon taste and that of the bun taste. When put up against the Bodybuilding Foundation Series Cinnamon Bun 100% Casein, I found this product to be slightly better. Less sweet (which I prefer), and more of a pleasant doughy-taste. As for texture, this has turned out to be the absolute best micellar casein product for sludge consistency that I have found (so much so that I mix it into a chocolate-flavored sludge to add to the thickness of it). I am currently awaiting a sample of Trutein's Cinnabun flavor, and I will be giving XF UP's cinnamon flavor a go in the coming weeks as well. Overall though, a great product from Dymatize, and one that I will likely purchase again.

Drexller24's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

How is this only 8.6 overall? This Casein is the best. It mixes well and it taste wayyyyy better than the ON. Just bought my 2nd 4lb cinnamon bun! Im adding more cinnamon powder so it tastes more cinnamon!

MCMantoani's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I was skeptical to buying it, but as it was on sale and as I read the comments saying that Cinnamon Bun was "the best supp I've tried in my whole life" I decided to give to a chance, and luckily that is true: THIS IS THE BEST AND MOST TASTY CASEIN I EVER TRIED!!! YOU MUST BUY IT!! Moreover, it is quite cheap when comparing to other brands...

pilarsteele's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Been using it for the last 3-4 year. Amazing! Use it in baking and in my overnight oats! Keeps you full so long! Tastes great!

majavelim's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

majavelim did not leave a written review for this product.

mthompson720's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

mthompson720 did not leave a written review for this product.

KeepinitinTexas's Rating
Rich Chocolate

I love Dymatize products! The Elite Casein in Rich Chocolate tastes great and really helps with muscle soreness the day after a good work out. Since I've been using it I haven't been overly sore and I've noticed I have been getting better sleep. I absolutely recommend.

kayden25's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Just got this product last week in the Cinnamon bun flavor I mix 1 scoop with about 8 ounces of water and take b4 bed I've changed my workout up to heavy weight less reps so I was expecting to be very sore the next day I have lifted pretty heavy the past week and have been taking this b4 bed and havnt even been a lil bit sore this product tastes gr8 and works excellent havnt seen any difference yet but I Def feel a difference. Cinnamon bun was on backorder in the 4lbs jug but available in the 2lbs I Def recommend this

Walddo's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I thought Casein was just a lost cause in terms of drink-ability. Had the ON Blueberry and Cream Casein and it was so bad I had to throw it out, and all ON Products other than that have been awesome to me. Obviously this made me think 100% Casein Powder just DOESN'T taste good ever. Wow did Dymatize prove me wrong. The cinnamon bun with 12 oz's of milk is incredible. So happy Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program pointed me to this brand as I would have never known or tried Dymatize if it wasn't for Jim's program and recommendation. I wouldn't try any other flavor as Casein in my experience sucks outside of this, and the taste reviews fall off hard after Cinnamon Bun, plus its on back order at the time of this review. Need I say more? Go buy it and enjoy.

nativ1991's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

nativ1991 did not leave a written review for this product.

jason247888's Rating
Rich Chocolate

I'm normally Optimum Nutrition buyer, however they ran out of chocolate flavour Casein. I decided to give Dymatize a try as an substitute to what I would traditionally order. I'm 75kg (165 lbs) and workout for lean muscle gains 6 days a week. I combine one scoop whey protein & one scoop casein protein into a blender bottle (ie roughly a total 50 gram serving of whey/casein blend). I take that combination twice a day, pre and post workout. Key differences when taking the Dymatize Casein, in comparison to Optimum Nutrition Casein: - Sweeter tasting - Better mixability, less overall clumping - More refined consistency. Tip: For the people new to Casein, drinking it using a shaker bottle with the metal blender ball is the most efficient way. Otherwise it takes forever using a cup and spoon to get it to mix to a reasonable consistency. I'll continue with this new combination as there is less wastage compared to before, when washing out the shaker bottle with the clumps at the bottom of the container that didn't dissolve properly. Excellent product, good taste and highly recommended.

uglytree00's Rating

Just purchased this to take prior to going to bed. The taste is really good. I used about 10+ oz. of water and it mixes well. I also tried adding hot water instead of cold water and it mixed even better and tasted like a hot chocolate! This is the first casein protein I have tried and I think it is an excellent product.

shaban96's Rating
Cookies and Cream

This is an amazing casein. ive used muscletech & ON but this mixes real good & also its not that thick nor is it watery. The cinnamon Bun is the best tasting ever.

Kucey12's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I haven't been using this protein long enough to see results (only a few days) but in regards to mixability and taste, it is great. Anyone who complains about the consistency is either not adding enough water or are just too picky.

MikeGTRK's Rating
Rich Chocolate

Mixes as good as whey, but taste just isnt on par with what I expect from dymatize. (avid ISO 100 user)

Junji92's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Junji92 did not leave a written review for this product.

nofferman's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Great shake: I take one scoop with almond milk right before bed. Wake up feeling great and not starving. I'm 6-4 190lb. Trying to gain lean muscle and casein has been helpful to keep my muscles to go catabolic. (The powder mixes fairly well in a shaker cup)

thegame215's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

thegame215 did not leave a written review for this product.