CytoSport Muscle Milk Reviews

7.7
Orange Creme
Strawberry Banana

nickshironaka's Rating

I honestly cannot say enough about Muscle Milk. It is by FAR my favorite protein powder on the market. The macros are not the best, which is what keeps me from making it my primary protein powder, but despite that, Muscle Milk will always have a place on my protein shelf. I like to mix a scoop of Muscle Milk with my Optimum Nutrition or MusclePharm protein to give it some added thickness, flavor, and slower digesting protein. The flavors are top notch and they taste amazing in milk AND water! Seriously, it tastes nearly identical in water. Each time I drink Muscle Milk, the more I love it. CytoSport is a great company and will definately buy more Muscle Milk in the future. I couldn't recommend it enough.

devogym's Rating
Banana Creme

I've been using CytoSport Muscle Milk forever in phases. It's great for bulking when you need to hit your macros and need those extra calories and protein. Pros: -The price is fantastic. -Nearly every grocery story carries them, as well as GNC/Vitamin Shoppe and hundreds of online retailers -Great taste -Great macros Cons: -Leaves me feeling bloated a lot (keep in mind I'm lactose intolerant) -Digestion seems slow for an isolate. Overall: -Definitely recommend to anybody trying to reach their goals, especially on a budget.

dougy08's Rating
Vanilla Creme

I think muscle milk definitely tastes the best of all the protein I've tried. It has great consistency and mixes well. I like that it's a protein blend offering hydro whey and whey isolate along with slower digesting proteins. People complain about the fat that's added to it. I like medium chain triglycerides. I think they do good things. Overall I think muscle milk is a great product.

AshKaye1224's Rating
Chocolate

This was the first protein powder that I have ever tried. I was so disappointed. I didn't expect it to taste like a chocolate milk shake or anything, but I was expecting it to at least taste okay. I got the chocolate and wasn't happy with it. I've been able to choke it down a few times but I'll probable end up tossing it or giving it away. The texture is terrible, it feels "fuzzy" when it goes down your throat, like its full of small fibers or something. Very bad. It is also kinda salty tasting too. I'm really not much of a picky person, but this stuff is hard to swallow. I have tried other brands of protein powders and they have all been pretty good. Maybe its just the chocolate flavor I picked out in this brand that is so bad.

piruzzi's Rating
Graham Cracker

piruzzi did not leave a written review for this product.

ArtOfRavenD's Rating
Vanilla Creme

From all the other protein shakes I've had so far, I think Muscle Milk has the best tasting chocolate out there. Some proteins I've tasted were better with milk, and some where even milk didn't do them justice. With Muscle Milk, it's fine with just water added. This product also has some casein protein in it, which makes it a good snack before bed time. Well, for me anyway. It sure beats eating chocolate ice cream for dessert. I've had the vanilla. I don't think it's all that great, but I'm not really into vanilla protein shakes from the get-go unless I put it into my fruit smoothies (chocolate is only good for smoothies if its just bananas or strawberries).

Eandretta96's Rating
Vanilla Creme

Eandretta96 did not leave a written review for this product.

SamoanSouljah's Rating
Cookies N' Creme

I used Muscle Milk for my choice of proteins during football season one of my teammates introduced me to the brand when I forgot my shaker after one night practice, then I bought 2 for myself. Both mixed well with the smoothies I made but banana crème just mixed better. Try them for yourself.

nrcreate's Rating
Vanilla Creme

My favorite is Vanilla Creme :). Nothing much to complain about here. The only thing is I'm not a big fan of this product's macros for what I need specifically (compared to others that fit better with me), but it's not thaaat bad.

danielcook1992's Rating
Chocolate Mint

First tried the Chocolate Mint in the bottle, it was pretty great, so then I tried the powder mix, and it tastes exactly the same as the bottled. I feel more energy during a workout, I take one scoop before, and then one scoop after. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after the workout. That's how I get the best results from this product. I have actually lost body fat during the workout, but I've also started dieting by controlling how much I eat. I have noticed more definition in my muscles, mass has increased, and I'm gaining definition as well. I would recommend this to a friend to try for beginners or for those that want to try something different.

reganrussell's Rating
Strawberry Banana

I have tried both the chocolate and strawberry banana flavors with water and I have no complaints what so ever. This product will always be my go to for protein!

rjlawson07's Rating

I caught this on sale and bought three two-pound buckets of Graham Cracker, Cookie Dough and Chocolate. The Cookie Dough was 'meh' but the other two were great. The best tasting protein shake I've had in a while was the result of one scoop Graham Cracker, one scoop Chocolate, and then a 1:1 milk/water combination. Not too heavy and terrific taste. I did not enjoy the product as much when used only w/ water, but I made it work when I had to. It's too bad there isn't more protein in each serving and that I found myself having to use two scoops for each protein shake. The low price-point still makes this an affordable product, but to get 25+ grams of protein in each shake, I will probably look elsewhere for a better price-per-serving.

pearlman9's Rating
Blueberries N' Creme

Muscle Milk continues to deliver above average and palpable casein protein. I am a fan of many of their flavors, sadly I recently tried Blueberries N' Creme which was absolutely disgusting (I mean I'll still crush the whole container). My favorites are Graham Cracker, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Orange Creme. Cheers! ~BlackPearl

double gonad's Rating
Red Velvet Cake

Good product but this flavor needs some work. No wait, this flavor needs A LOT of work. Worst flavor I've ever had. All others are really good, the best out there. This one is not.

buffalojames's Rating

Tastes great! Would definitely recommend. Dilutes well with a little hot water then top off with either cold water or almond milk.

KDavis326's Rating

Me and my girl use this product. It tastes great and has a good protein profile. Banana Creme tastes exactly like a banana creme pie. Chocolate Mint is a decadent mix rich chocolate and cooling peppermint. And chocolate, a classic. Way to go Cytosport, a great product.

BOCCACCIOI's Rating

Have used this protein since 2006. Has aided me everytime I want to put on mass as well as serve as a meal supplement while on the go. Tastes great and mixes well even with other ingredients like creatine.

KINGANNUNZ's Rating

CLUMPED TOO EASILY, I AM TIRED OF SWALLOWING CHUNKS OF THIS STUFF, REGARDLESS OF THE MIXING ACTIVITY. MAYBE THE LIGHT VERSION IS BETTER??/

elementalpj's Rating
Cookies N' Creme

elementalpj did not leave a written review for this product.

imdavidmathews's Rating

This is a great protein powder overall. Its got everything you need and then some more things that help. The only complaint I have is that is 16 grams of protein per scoop, and I can't afford putting two scoops for every time I use it. If anyone else has a similar problem I recommend mixing with milk instead of water to make up for it.