Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews

Good
7.3

• c143u
c143u's Rating

The single serving dose of EAA+ Beta Alanie and Betaine is perfect for a person who weigh till 160 Pound. Need to work little more if you want to mix with the help of spoon, Flavour is good. The best part of this is that you can mix it with your pre workout or post workout. Infact you can take it alone as standalone post workout product, just need to mix little creating and little dextrose.

gpigg01's Rating
Purple Lemonade

gpigg01 did not leave a written review for this product.

Jacurutu22's Rating
Cotton Candy

Where Controlled Labs' other products haven't exactly wowed my taste buds, the cotton candy Purple Wraath is an exception. Mixed this stuff up early and let it chill in the fridge for a while before working out, and it was easily the best tasting "sports drink" I'd ever had throughout my routine. I wasn't expecting much of an effect, but as I checked each exercise off my list I noticed I was considerably less fatigued. I wouldn't call it a must, but if you find yourself flagging and need something that'll help carry you to the finish line, this'll get you there no problem.

LovetoLift79's Rating

Where to begin? Cotton Candy smells and tastes delicious! Rated this product a solid ten because that is what it deserves. Profile is perfect and if you are looking for a BCAA product to add to your stack, this one is it. Pick up some Purple Wraath today.

youngt2's Rating
Juicy Grape

This is my first pre-workout supplement so I don't have much to compare to. However, I can definetly tell this makes a difference in my workouts, especially at the end. Feels like there is a lot more gas left at the ends of workouts that used to really drain me. The taste really isn't very good, but its drinkable. Again, I have nothing to compare it to as far as pre-workout flavors go.

koolplay's Rating
Purple Lemonade

Bought 4 bottles to stock up when it was on sale a while ago and used up two. Had a good experience using it. However the last two bottles have gone bad and taste like ***. There is still 9 months left till it expires. Both bb.com and controlled labs refuse to replace/take it back. Moral of the story? If you plan to purchase this, best use it up right away otherwise dont expect this product to last more than 6 months. I wont be purchasing a controlled labs product again; they do not guarantee their expiry dates.

happytriggs's Rating
Purple Lemonade

Flavor is alright and I drank this while on White Rapid and had the best workout ever.

Simongee11's Rating
Purple Lemonade

Got a sample of this. Not a fan of the flavour. It's not bad but not something I'm excited to drink during a workout. It works though but I think I'll stick with Xtend for the better flavouring and great profile as well.

jeffjones1332's Rating
Purple Lemonade

This is the only CL product I tried that I didn't like.First off after opening I got a weird smell,not sure how to explain it other than weird.It mixed pretty easily with a few shakes,produced very little foam and very little left over grit.The taste,like the smell,is weird as well.I didn't capture the lemonade taste,it actually has a chemical like taste.Stacked with White Rapids and Green Magnitude,I got really nice energy without a crash or jitters and pretty good pumps.It has a really nice profile,although I prefer a non proprietary blend so I can see exactly what I get,but that won't sway my decision that much.If they change the flavor or maybe if I try another flavor it might be different,but as of now I personally would not buy this.

n321502's Rating
Purple Lemonade

I dont have much experience with amino acids ive only tried this and bsn's I would say bsn's wm tasted better than the contolled labs purp lem but I felt better with this product the focus was great I took it as a replacement for a pre workout and it worked pretty well.

SLynn46's Rating
Purple Lemonade

This is a great amino acid product. Not only does it include the EAAs, but I love the inclusion of both beta alanine and citrulline malate in the profile. Add that together with a very refreshing lemonade flavor and you get a supplement that I have no problem recommending to anyone who is looking for a great intraworkout product!

ajej4780's Rating
Purple Lemonade

I'm a big believer in aminos for recovery. I always have some aminos with my workout and often between meals. This amino is different from others that i've tried. It has Beta alanine and Citruline in it! So it provides a bit of endurance to help your pwo to push through. Great stuff at a great price.

randynrock's Rating
Juicy Grape

randynrock did not leave a written review for this product.

tennisnh86's Rating
Purple Lemonade

A few years ago I bought purple wraath after reading about it in a magazine. It was the first intra-workout I ever used and remembered loving it. However it had been about 6 years since I used it last so I decided to order again for nostalgia sake. I have to say I was disappointed. The last year or so I have been using aminox by BSN and Xtend by Scivation. I take two scoops of those so I used two scoops of Purple Wraath. I am still on Aminox but took purple wraath tonight so I could adequately compare them. The biggest thing I noticed is the taste, aminoX wins considerably. As far as workout I did not feel as though I recovered as fast set, I was more sore at the end of the workout and did not feel the same overall level of endurance. Do not get me wrong it did help a little bit, but in my opinion Xtend and AminoX work more effectively and with a better taste. It was a good trip down memory lane, but I have officially closed the book on this product going forward.

VO2Maxima's Rating
Purple Lemonade

Good amino acid profile, plus some goodies like beta alanine and betaine anhydrous. I wish I knew exactly how much betaine was in here though. Takes a little more effort to mix...the other Controlled Labs products that I've tried, all I had to do was throw it in a glass of water and stir, but this one was a little clumpier and needed a shaker and a good 30 seconds of shaking, though it was fine after that. The Purple Lemonade is very good too, and Cotton Candy is probably the best tasting intra that I've had!

Raley43's Rating
Cotton Candy

i love this stuff but not the cotton candy. its called purple wraath for a reason , its the best flavor. This has everything you need for during a work out. Stack with green mag and some carbs and you will be pumped.

shinny437's Rating

Brutal flavor. Absolutely brutal. Tastes like a grape tire. It was very chemically and hard to swallow. It mixed well, so I guess that is something. I guess I felt okay during my workout, but I dreaded taking another sip. Tried to give it to a friend, but sharing grape tire didn't go over well. Perhaps another flavor is tolerable.

tammyornelas3's Rating
Purple Lemonade

tammyornelas3 did not leave a written review for this product.

DrJekyIIMrHyde's Rating
Purple Lemonade

Purple Wraath is a staple for me. One of the most well rounded and most complete profiles of EAA/BCAA's makes this the perfect supplement to use when I train fasted. Taste is phenomenal and the power, strength and energy support is one of the best, if not the best IMO. If you train as hard as you can, this supplement will help maintain that level of intensity throughout your entire workout.

23Banks's Rating
Cotton Candy

23Banks did not leave a written review for this product.