Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.2
7.8

AMeyer9's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

New and updated formula removes BCAA's from amino profile, which is a big plus. Really enjoyed the new cinnamon bun flavor. It's light on flavor compared to some proteins but it's not dull at all. Under $40 for 50 servings of casein is a great deal too.

WesOwen87's Rating

Love the macros and price, only thing I wished I could improve was taste... And they did it. This new Cinnamon Bun is actually good. Seems to mix a lot easier as well. I do not need nearly as much water to down 2 scoops.

JCFobsession's Rating
Chocolate

I have tried so many different brands. the normal opt is to go with the most popular brands... well those are over priced and full of crap. most big name places get all there ingredients and are formulated the same way... THIS IS MY FAVORITE CASEIN I HAVE TRIED. TASE AND GETTING JOB DONE. It mixes id say 80% well. I do take it with fat free milk.

Remogogy's Rating
Cookies & Cream

My wife loves this stuff. I like it to. its a little chalky but hay cmon....its Casein after all . I can say in order for it to mix well you need a blender. Shaker wont do as well. It also helps to mix one scoop of this with a scoop of regular whey Isolate. Overall its a straight forward product. Its just good ol fashion slow digesting casein protein. what you see is what you get. i have a shake of this in the evening with some cottage cheese and strawberries.

jfulltime's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Casein protein is a pretty straightforward product, with taste and texture being the only real things that separate this product from another casein. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with either for the Bodybuilding.com casein. The taste (at least for the cookies and cream) was pretty chemically. It also seems to settle quickly, and requires constant shaking. It's not terrible, and for the price I paid I can't really complain. I don't think I'd buy it again, though, with the Optimum Nutrition casein being superior in taste and texture.

tmorrisjr did not leave a written review for this product.

yigitcan's Rating
Chocolate

yigitcan did not leave a written review for this product.

mortarmatador did not leave a written review for this product.

stooger15's Rating
Chocolate

stooger15 did not leave a written review for this product.

Sebsmash14's Rating
Vanilla

This Casein was undrinkable, it felt like drinking chalk. The ON casein is so much better and easier to drink, don't cheap out and get this one.

chrisgrimshaw's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Tried this for the first time because the price is too good to pass up. I had the cookies and cream flavor and it was excellent. I will definitely be buying more.

ecpotter's Rating
Vanilla

By far the worst shake I've had since the 90's. This stuff is like drinking sand. no amount of shaking will get this to a consistency I can stomach. It smells great but I can't really taste it for the gagging effect of drinking the sand...If this was Wal-Mart I'd be on my way back for a refund.

spacejim67's Rating
Chocolate

Taste is good little gritty mixes well. Does fill me up. Great price!

donnacag2's Rating
Vanilla

Great taste, and great for smoothies. I usually mix with almond milk, post-workout... As long as you mix it well, it's not chalky at all!

This is one of the worst protein powders I've ever used. I have tried mixing it with water, milk, almond milk....to no avail! It flat out.....DOESN'T mix!?!? It's grainy and gritty and I seriously just have to choke it down. Yuck!!

da1cjp's Rating
Vanilla

I take this product before I go to bed, it seems to be working and is very good. The taste you got to get use to as it does not taste like the whey protein. But overall I am liking the product.

StuWalmsley's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I had never taken Casein before but from what i had read it seemed that it doesn't mix as well as Whey Proteins and can be chalky and gritty so i decided to go with a cheap basic version and work my way up. As long as this stuff stays on sale i'll stick with it! I got cookies and cream because i'm not a fan of vanilla and i mixed it with 12oz of water in a shaker and it was delicious! I add 1 icecube to the shaker to help it blend and keep it cool and was really impressed. It really does taste like cookies and cream and at first i thought it was a little gritty but then realized there are little bits of "cookie" flavor in it that give it the flavor and texture. I look forward to drinking this before bed and will often use it as a snack when i'm feeling peckish at night. Mix it with Almond milk or Soy milk and it tastes just as good but honestly, water is fine if you don't want to spend money on the milks

accelerashawn's Rating
Vanilla

Good quality casein for a good price. It is gritty and takes a while to mix, but THAT IS THE CASE WITH ALL PURE MISCELLAR CASEIN PRODUCTS. You can get something micronized or whatever but that will increase the absorption rate which defeats the purpose of using casein in the first place. I really like it and will buy again.

unknownsoldier1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is my go-to casein protein mainly due to its affordability. Some people will complain about its texture. To avoid that bad taste I buy a flavor that does not taste bad to have chunks floating around - cookies and cream. Chunks of "cookie" if you want to call it that, float around in the cream of the mixture. Price wins out for sure. The taste is alright. $ > taste!

trader903's Rating
Vanilla

I find it hilarious that consumers actually rate taste over results from this product. If taste is what your really after maybe a Big Mac is the right thing for you. wake up. It"s quality Casien and IT BUILDS MUSCLE. Thats what you should be looking for............