Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.2
7.9

flydebs54's Rating
Vanilla

It does the job. Everyone complains about how it doesn't mix well, but that's most casein proteins. So it really doesn't bother me. I definitely recommend mixing in a shaker instead of trying to stir it (you'll be working at it for a while). Decent value, decent taste. If you're looking to give casein a try without spending a ton on some of the other "top of the line" products, give this stuff a try.

This casein is not very good, it doesn't mix well and tastes really "chalky". I have taken Casein from ON and Dymatize and both are substantially better and worth the extra money. I have been really working to get through this bottle so I don't feel that I wasted my money.

DerekJNichols's Rating
Chocolate

I really enjoy this protein- great price, and great tasting. Add some milk and peanut butter and let it chill for a bit. It tastes like ice cream.

Personally, I do not like this casein. Hard after him. With water drinking is not possible, and milk is very satisfying. Did not like the taste. I drink in the evening, in the morning do not want to eat, you must eat breakfast. Keeps water in the body.

mjabball's Rating
Vanilla

Powder sticks to everything and does not mix well. Otherwise fine

sonap's Rating
Chocolate

At first I was put off by how chunky and gritty the shake seemed to be compared to other protein supplements I have grown accustomed to. I simply noticed that by mixing it in a blender bottle for several more seconds lead to a very nice consistency. I recently tried the Dynamitize casein and I actually do miss the Bodybuilding Casein and how thick it was. They have made it more of a shake than a liquid. Truly enjoyed the product!

diegovalenter's Rating
Vanilla

I've already tried Bodybuilding.com's Whey Protein and it is pretty good. On the other hand, their casein is horrible. I tried already Dymatize's casein, and Bodybuilding.com's is worse by far. The vanilla taste is horrible, and also very thick. I mix it with water and it is just nasty.

rtp4333's Rating
Vanilla

Great taste. Doesn't mix great but that is more of a casein trait than a product flaw. Good buy.

runningonfumes's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I have tried only one brand of Casein and no need to try any others. Bodybuilding.com nailed it with the cookies and cream. It tastes great with milk or water and mixes smoothly even in a shaker cup. It is the cheapest out there and meets my macro needs.

Nico2K's Rating
Vanilla

I was really disappointed with this product. After the first serving I had, I wanted to return the container. With a schechy schedule at work and taking care of the family, I was caught up in my daily routine and forgot numerous time to return it, so I decided to keep it and finish it, but that'll be the last time I order this casein protein. I do not like the taste at all.

Capron8's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Capron8 did not leave a written review for this product.

Overall I'm a huge fan of the BodyBuilding.com supplements and I'm currently using a number them from both the Foundation and Platinum series. That said, I was very disappointed in this product. It would barely dissolve no matter how much water I mixed it with and the resulting "shake" was so gritty that I imagine it to be rather similar to drinking sand.

Vanilla goes well with the whey powder I use.

ChickNsalaD's Rating
Chocolate

ChickNsalaD did not leave a written review for this product.

makaronich did not leave a written review for this product.

adamswan33's Rating
Vanilla

This was the first ever casein product i have taken in my life. Compared to the other producrts i have bought since then, this one is definitely a bit grainier and thick. Although it tasted great, i was concerned about a warning on the label that says it contains products that is known to cause cancer. I no longer use this product because of that warning although i really don't know much about it.

joshy1996's Rating
Chocolate

This stuff is great and very easy to take and I find it best to take be for bed or in the day. It is the cheapest and I think best one out there no need to pay big money coz this is the same stuff and dose the same.

too grainy tastes like you're drinking sand

RobStl's Rating
Chocolate

It's pretty simple... Chocolate flavor: 9. Consistency: 3. Overall, it's average - 4. The consistency really kills it for me. Too grainy. There are definitely better casein supplements out there for similar price :)

Great flavor and taste!