Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.1
7.6

Achilles4's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Love this protein I take it every night just before bed to help fuel my muscle throughout the night. Very good consistency, and the taste is great!

Ramathorn178's Rating
Cookies & Cream

A 3/10 might be a bit generous but, i give credit for the ingredients. This is legit the worst casein i have ever received. It mixes horribly and when using the smart shakers it clogs the grate and ends up having a yogurt like consistency with the majority of the water at the bottom of the cup. I cant speak for the other flavors but, the cookies and cream flavor is better described as chalk dust. IF ANYONE WANT TO TRY THIS STUFF PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON HERE AND PAY SHIPPING. I have 1 unopened tub and about a half of another. im just going to pitch it to the trash next week on garbage day.

EJham's Rating
Chocolate

Makes for a thick pre-bedtime shake, not too sweet which is good.

ray gigantino's Rating
Chocolate

Will like ,easy to mix,not heavy,great no garbage..good quality.price very nice i would recommend to everyone

ravieira's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

ravieira did not leave a written review for this product.

clubamericalara's Rating
Chocolate

im taking two protein shakes on post workouts, one of them being body fortress chocolate whey.. while i am stacking that with this casein protein. When i mix this with a shaker i received than the protein was delicious and came out consistently thick and no clumps.. however i tried stirring it in a cup and i just get big clumps of chalky wads of protein. definitely worth it if you get a shaker with it.

smithjw44's Rating
Vanilla

the consistency of this casein when mixed with water is like a chalk substance. Not my favorite casien, but will use the tub since I have ordered it. will not order again.

Lanithroe's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Most casein shakes are thick and even chalky. This shake was way smother then I thought it would be and mixed well. It was still a thick shake but it can be thinned out easily. Now as far as the flavor i experienced (cinnamon bun) I gave it a 8/10 because it tasted more like a cinnamon bun then other brands I have tried but it still tasted more like the frosting of a cinnamon bun. I was overall happy with this product and would be willing to buy again.

Macelo92's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Macelo92 did not leave a written review for this product.

Andrewrosslamb's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I look forward to this every morning. I feel like allot of people expect casein to feel heavy on them but this does not. It helps me control my appetite through out the with out feeling bloated which is nice when you are cutting. I put it in the blender with some low fat milk and 8oz of Vanilla Yogurt usually and it satisfies my sweet tooth craving, however I have also tried it with plain water and it still taste great. The price is fair so I will definitely be buying this again soon.

burgoyne17's Rating
Vanilla

I bought this powder a little while ago, and it was a waste of money. It is un-mixable. The powder is very chalky, and instantly clumps up when you start mixing it. The clumps are big, and make the shake un-edible. I have also tried blending the powder into a smoothie, and it still clumps. No matter how long you mix it for, the clumps stay. I have tried the powder quite a few times, adding more and less liquids (and more and less powder), and I just can't get it to stop clumping. I would stay away from this product from now on. The only good part is the taste.

nicolelindseyj's Rating

I use this casein before bed. It has the same ingredients as the more expensive brands at a much more reasonable price. The taste is also very good. The chocolate is my favorite!

marciebettys's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I had been waking up hungry at 4am a lot recently. I purchased 100% Casein in hopes that it would help with the early morning hunger. I woke up feeling like not hungry. Taste isn't bad. BCAAs give it a powdery consistency. I will buy again.

This an excellent product. I use before going to bed and also after I workout, I mix with my regular protein. It keep me fill so I don't wake up hungry. It is a bit buoyant, meaning when mixing it stays on top of the liquid so I just get a spoon to stir it in then use a shaker bottle to finish mixing. It's a great value for the price that can not be best.

CavsQB15's Rating
Cookies & Cream

The product did what I've asked it to do, but it didn't happen pleasantly. The flavor tastes like those cheap value cookies with the chocolate/vanilla cookies and nasty cream inside. I can't escape that flavor! And it's very gritty. Doesn't mix as well as other brands, but it works and for the price you can't find a better deal. So it's a mixed bag of sacrifice if you're out to save a few bucks but still get the effects.

unknownsoldier1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is my go-to casein protein mainly due to its affordability. Some people will complain about its texture. To avoid that bad taste I buy a flavor that does not taste bad to have chunks floating around - cookies and cream. Chunks of "cookie" if you want to call it that, float around in the cream of the mixture. Price wins out for sure. The taste is alright. $ > taste! (EDIT) Cinnamon Bun has been tried. It is much more difficult to mix, for some odd reason. When I add the same amount of water that would always mix the cookies & cream into the same size cup that would always fit the cookies & cream with its water, it never fits or mixes. That is the only downside. Again, $>taste!

mido1010_1's Rating

pure, tasty, high mixbility

Kitty02's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This used to be my favorite casein for the past year and a half. Bodybuilding must've changed the formula, because now the protein tastes horrible. It doesn't even taste like cookies and cream. Shame on BB for changing its formula.

enogueira1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Heres the deal, for some weird a$$ reason the cookies and cream was WONDERFUL, flavorful, and a bit "sandy" but definitely worth the money. i decided to try the vanilla, and oh how i regret it... the mixability is just non existent. id say if you are short on money, you should get it, but stay away from the vanilla. NOTE: this protein is a bit "sandy"/grainy.

I have ordered this product in the past, but this last time, it tasted nothing like vanilla, i was very disappointed with this product considering I've never had a problem in the past.