Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.6
Vanilla

srdolan's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

this is my first time using a Casein product and i love it. I actually look forward to taking this every night. It cures my sweet tooth and it tastes like the icing on a cinnamon roll. no joke. i can tell i am getting leaner and this is the only thing i have added to my supplement intake so it must be working. still cant believe its good for you because of how good it tastes. i am certainly sticking with this one.

jtspeidel's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

The cinnamon bun flavor is great, tastes much better than I thought it would. I've used some other casein products and had a hard time mixing them. With the foundation series casein i have not had any of the issues people seem to be complaining about. I use a spider protein shaker and do not have any clumps. If anything i add more water because it generally comes out a little thicker and creamier than i would like. Great product.

This is hands down the most difficult product for me to use that I have ever ordered on this site. The chocolate flavor is what I would describe as powdered straw and dirt. This product's flavor would be easier to mask if it weren't for it's equally undesirable lack of mix-ability. Blender ball cups, blenders, magic bullet, you name it and I have tried it with this product, all with the same results. It just wont mix. I would recommend a different product until Bodybuilidng.com revises this, which I am sure they will. The uncompromising quality of the website itself is what lead me to try this product and I have no doubt that in the future this product will be much better.

zane11's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I absolutely love the cinnamon bun casein. I like to add it to my oatmeal in the morning with some vanilla whey and to my cottage cheese at night. If you're looking to try a slow digesting protein then I highly recommend giving this one a try!

Newbielife's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I am a new to casein products, however i am used to eating slow digesting proteins before bed. Usually i would eat a serving of cottage cheese to finish off the day. Now I substitute it with the cinnamon bun casein and it does the trick with more ease and with less unwanted fat or excess carbs. Throughout the day i have a bit of a sweet tooth, and its hard to ignore, but with this cinnamon magic protein its almost as if i am at cinnobun eating a delicious fatty pastry. It tastes great, but like ive heard about many caseins its a tad bit hard to fully mix in my shaker.

thegame215's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

thegame215 did not leave a written review for this product.

alexdarbonne's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

If you're reading a bad review on this protein it's because the person either 1.) didn't pick cinnamon bun flavor. Or 2.) they mix it with a spoon for 5 seconds and get mad that it's clumpy. The powder is so light that I can't see how people have a problem with mixing. Taste really good, I would just like to see lab results on what's actually in the protein. If I had that, my rating would be a 10.

sweeter89's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

sweeter89 did not leave a written review for this product.

mclendon22's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

It is difficult to mix, but all casein is from my experience. If you have a little blender, you'll be fine. The TASTE is great! I don't like too sweet, but it was perfectly sweet enough and easy to get down. Contains all the necessary long lasting proteins to help you recover overnight. Get better results by eating some long slow digesting carbs and your set. This one is a winner.

mflynn8121's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Ok so i don't usually rate products, but this one deserves it. I've been using ON casein for a few months and like it, but if you mix it just in a mixing cup with the little ball thing it stays pretty chunky. Now i just bought some bodybuilding.com casein. I've been very pleased with there products before. So with the awesome price and previous experience i thought what the hell. Tonight got home from work Its 2:00AM and I put one serving in my little bodybuilding.com mixing cup with the ball add 3 ice cubes and one scoop creatine. and proceed to mix. 20 to 30 sec later I open the cap and drink. Wow no chunks and it taste good. What the hell this stuff i great. It should have a better rating.

duffman13's Rating
Vanilla

I'm not thrilled with Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein. The powder is almost too fine and I end up with a film of it on my counter anytime I make a shake. It does not mix well either, with large chunks sticking to the walls of my shaker cup, and smaller chunks floating in the water. The vanilla flavor is rather weak as well, but I have yet to try a vanilla protein powder that I've liked, I'll probably stick to chocolate at this point.

cball51's Rating
Chocolate

Giving it a 4 for a couple reasons. Price is definitely the best part of this product. If you're looking for a good deal, doubt you find any cheaper for 2 lbs. I really didn't have any issues mixing (Just have to get the right amount of water/milk and you're golden). The taste wasn't great, but it grew on me and I could definitely drink it if I had to. The main problem I had with it and unfortunately have to say I would never buy again is because honestly it didn't work at all for me. I've tried Muscle Pharm 100% and ON standard casein and honestly nothing touches the MP for me. I thought it was truly noticeable how much better I felt and how less sore I was when I was taking it. I was so sore while one this stuff I could barely move the next day (Felt like I used to before I discovered the MP casein!) Appreciate BB for putting it out there and offering a great price, unfortunately just didn't work at all for me compared to others.

patenaudebrian9's Rating
Chocolate

Tastes great. Mixes well for a Caesin. Can't beat the price either. It is the only caesin that I buy now because of the price and the taste. Maybe the competition will lower their prices

altair11's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

altair11 did not leave a written review for this product.

cs2757's Rating
Chocolate

Great taste and serves its nightly purpose. When I have this at night I never wake up hungry, when I don't have it thats a complete different story. Amazing product for the price!!!!

• Patar

TERRIBLE! I always thought when people talked about powders tasting like chalk was a joke, but this is NO joke. It is HORRIBLE! I realize this might be a bit extreme but with this being a bb.com product and they won't accept returns, this will be the LAST time a buy from them.

1crazyraj's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

best taste i have ever had in protein shakes.

Achilles4's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Love this protein I take it every night just before bed to help fuel my muscle throughout the night. Very good consistency, and the taste is great!

Ramathorn178's Rating
Cookies & Cream

A 3/10 might be a bit generous but, i give credit for the ingredients. This is legit the worst casein i have ever received. It mixes horribly and when using the smart shakers it clogs the grate and ends up having a yogurt like consistency with the majority of the water at the bottom of the cup. I cant speak for the other flavors but, the cookies and cream flavor is better described as chalk dust. IF ANYONE WANT TO TRY THIS STUFF PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON HERE AND PAY SHIPPING. I have 1 unopened tub and about a half of another. im just going to pitch it to the trash next week on garbage day.

EJham's Rating
Chocolate

Makes for a thick pre-bedtime shake, not too sweet which is good.