Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.2
Chocolate

Ghostdini13's Rating
Vanilla

I drink this right before i go to sleep so i won't wake up starving in the middle of the night or the morning. I love it.its a great value for what it is.

Mary86's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I LOVE this one! I mix it with 0% plain greek yogurt sometimes and it tastes like cookie dough :) I also use it for my protein pancakes, and they are the bomb!!

bgabbard0427's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Mixes relatively well with milk but gets kind of foamy. Taste good and I have a shake for a bedtime snack every night. Great value overall

piaccarino's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I love Dymatize cinnamon bun casein but it seems to be perpetually out of stock so I gave this a try. While the Dymatize tastes more like a old school cinnamon bun, the Bodybuilding.com version tastes more like a sweet icing smothered Cinnabon - which I like much better! It is really powdery and mixes really well with just a simple blender bottle. One thing to watch out for is the scoop size vs. serving information. A serving is 36g and a level scoop is 50g! I use ~43g (35g of casein) in 12oz of water and it has a thin milkshake consistency, highly recommended especially at this price.

bigxscrappy97's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

This flavor is awful. I thought it would be really good since it is highly rated. However, I can barely choke it down before bed. It does the job, obviously.. I love the taste of cinnamon..but something about this just makes me gag. I will definitely be getting a different flavor next time.

cyndi2006's Rating
Cookies & Cream

cyndi2006 did not leave a written review for this product.

Hetelos's Rating
Vanilla

The vanilla tasted fine. The price is very good compared to ON's casein ($54 vs $39 ). It's just very hard to mix without a blender bottle and it's a lot messier than normal, which is why I'm rating it a 7.

Archemax's Rating
Vanilla

Archemax did not leave a written review for this product.

Delta69Dawn's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I liked the overall taste of the product. It's does get foamy if shaken too much or when put in blender. Some people like that I have trouble drinking it foamy. So I have adjusted. As for taste. It's a treat! I watch my sugar intake to the point of no sugar in first three ingredients. Rarely do I have sweets, but this shake is my bedtime sweet. And it feels like it helps with my recovery overnight. I only use it at night. Great price too!

patimusxprime's Rating
Vanilla

Pros: - Very cheap Casein supplement. - Vanilla tastes OK. - Cinnamon Bun tastes very sweet. Cons: - It doesn't mix very well. If put water in second, there are clumps at the bottom that don't go away! - Cinnamon Bun is TOO sweet! - After half the shaker, my stomach feels bloated and stuffed. It's very filling and rich. - Vanilla is good but it has an odd taste to it. Very tolerable but noticeable. All in all i would recommend this for people on a budget. I use this in the morning as breakfast to stay full until lunch. It's not bad but it's not great either.

Cgreen47000's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

This product is the better casein i have tried, although that doesn't mean a rave review. While using this i have seen very little positive physique change, by this i mean i have gained some fat on my torso while using this. That may be due to the sunflower creamer they use in this product, since my diet hasn't changed while iv'e been using it. Taste wise the cinnamon bun flavor does taste quite good, it also has a very smooth consistency that most caseins don't have. one side note is that, it may just be a me issue, but every time after i use this i become very gassy. Again, maybe just a me issue, but avoid going out with friends after using this stuff.

Maybezerk's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Bought a sample size of the Cinnamon Bun flavor to do a flavor comparison with Dymatize's caseein version of the flavor. For the taste test, I went with a simple casein-and-water sludge mixture. Taste: Comparable to the icing on a cinnamon bun, lacking the nice doughy flavor noticeable in Dymatize's product Texture: Fluffier, a bit less thick; Perhaps it would be better used in a shake or protein fluff than Dymatize's casein, but not in a sludge where thickness is often desirable Price: Fantastic; Perhaps the most affordable, quality micellar casein product Overall: While not the absolute best tasting/thickest casein for sludges, you can't go wrong with this product as cheap as it is.

lupa1979's Rating
Vanilla

This is my first time using a casein supplement and I have to say that I do notice a faster recovery time between workouts. I work as a house cleaner and it's a physically demanding job, oftentimes leaving me sore at the end of my shifts. I have a shake before bed or anytime in which I know I will not be able to eat for a while, such as before a cleaning job. My muscles definitely heal faster than they would without the shakes. I will continue to use this product.

coop199109's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

not the best tasting casein but the price was right

MicahM81's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Love this stuff. Never had a problem mixing it. I use a shaker cup with a shaker ball and a filter. Casein needs a serious shake regardless of the brand. So just shake the crap out of it. I don't understand all the complaints unless this is your first casein. I prefer the cinnamon bun with one scoop. Two scoops makes it sweeter than I like, but some people would like it that sweet. It's like having desert right before going to sleep. I add in some creatine, glutamine, and gaba and sleep great. Can't beat the price!

srdolan's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

this is my first time using a Casein product and i love it. I actually look forward to taking this every night. It cures my sweet tooth and it tastes like the icing on a cinnamon roll. no joke. i can tell i am getting leaner and this is the only thing i have added to my supplement intake so it must be working. still cant believe its good for you because of how good it tastes. i am certainly sticking with this one.

jtspeidel's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

The cinnamon bun flavor is great, tastes much better than I thought it would. I've used some other casein products and had a hard time mixing them. With the foundation series casein i have not had any of the issues people seem to be complaining about. I use a spider protein shaker and do not have any clumps. If anything i add more water because it generally comes out a little thicker and creamier than i would like. Great product.

This is hands down the most difficult product for me to use that I have ever ordered on this site. The chocolate flavor is what I would describe as powdered straw and dirt. This product's flavor would be easier to mask if it weren't for it's equally undesirable lack of mix-ability. Blender ball cups, blenders, magic bullet, you name it and I have tried it with this product, all with the same results. It just wont mix. I would recommend a different product until Bodybuilidng.com revises this, which I am sure they will. The uncompromising quality of the website itself is what lead me to try this product and I have no doubt that in the future this product will be much better.

zane11's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I absolutely love the cinnamon bun casein. I like to add it to my oatmeal in the morning with some vanilla whey and to my cottage cheese at night. If you're looking to try a slow digesting protein then I highly recommend giving this one a try!

Newbielife's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I am a new to casein products, however i am used to eating slow digesting proteins before bed. Usually i would eat a serving of cottage cheese to finish off the day. Now I substitute it with the cinnamon bun casein and it does the trick with more ease and with less unwanted fat or excess carbs. Throughout the day i have a bit of a sweet tooth, and its hard to ignore, but with this cinnamon magic protein its almost as if i am at cinnobun eating a delicious fatty pastry. It tastes great, but like ive heard about many caseins its a tad bit hard to fully mix in my shaker.