Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.2
7.7

CavsQB15's Rating
Cookies & Cream

The product did what I've asked it to do, but it didn't happen pleasantly. The flavor tastes like those cheap value cookies with the chocolate/vanilla cookies and nasty cream inside. I can't escape that flavor! And it's very gritty. Doesn't mix as well as other brands, but it works and for the price you can't find a better deal. So it's a mixed bag of sacrifice if you're out to save a few bucks but still get the effects.

unknownsoldier1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is my go-to casein protein mainly due to its affordability. Some people will complain about its texture. To avoid that bad taste I buy a flavor that does not taste bad to have chunks floating around - cookies and cream. Chunks of "cookie" if you want to call it that, float around in the cream of the mixture. Price wins out for sure. The taste is alright. $ > taste! (EDIT) Cinnamon Bun has been tried. It is much more difficult to mix, for some odd reason. When I add the same amount of water that would always mix the cookies & cream into the same size cup that would always fit the cookies & cream with its water, it never fits or mixes. That is the only downside. Again, $>taste!

mido1010_1's Rating

pure, tasty, high mixbility

Kitty02's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This used to be my favorite casein for the past year and a half. Bodybuilding must've changed the formula, because now the protein tastes horrible. It doesn't even taste like cookies and cream. Shame on BB for changing its formula.

enogueira1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Heres the deal, for some weird a$$ reason the cookies and cream was WONDERFUL, flavorful, and a bit "sandy" but definitely worth the money. i decided to try the vanilla, and oh how i regret it... the mixability is just non existent. id say if you are short on money, you should get it, but stay away from the vanilla. NOTE: this protein is a bit "sandy"/grainy.

I have ordered this product in the past, but this last time, it tasted nothing like vanilla, i was very disappointed with this product considering I've never had a problem in the past.

bkcnkc's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I just use at bed time. The taste is great. Price is right compared to others. I never wake up in the middle of night hungry.

Taste is fine though I could care less about taste. I want the product to build muscle not taste good. But it tastes fine. The thing is is that a serving is 36.5 grams with 25 of that being protein. So that means there's 11.5 grams of stuff that isn't protein half of that probably being sweetener which I assume is either saccharine or aspartame because there's a warning about the product containing substances known to cause cancer in the state of California. So I ordered it twice but after reading that I will not order it again.

Tastes good i would get this if I'm on a budget it's worth it.. only cinnamon bun tho it clumps in the bottom a little thats the only problem..

The taste was just awful! This the second Bodybuilding.com protein product we have purchased and the other whey protein tasted awful too.

Simple casein powder that mixes easily and tastes good. The most appealing part is the price as it is much more affordable than most of the other options, but delivers the same quality.

MrMakAttack's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Fantastic product. Tastes amazing! Get this and enjoy a cinnamon bun without feeling guilty :)

korysatter's Rating
Chocolate

The taste was fine, but when it came to the texture this is like drinking sand. If you like chocolate sand, but this product but otherwise I would stay away.

Libertyprime's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Overall excellent product, unbeatable price. I recently started using this over ON casein. I prefer the flavor of this to ON chocolate supreme and the mix-ability is better as well. The only tiny complaint i have is that the powder is so fine that it gets everywhere whenever you scoop it or open the container, but if its either that or less mix-ability then ill easily deal with how fine it is.

k0bane's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Tastes great and mixes better than the previous casein I was using

iilovepiink's Rating
Chocolate

Well, I think that for the price, its a great value. The taste itself is fine, mild, not like a rich chocolate. What I didn't like so much was how granular it was, there is always residue in my shaker cups which makes me feel like I'm not getting all the nutrients I need from it. This may just be typical of Casein though. I like to make a shake with a half scoop of Casein, half scoop Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl, some Chocolate PB2, and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder before bed. De-lish!

PersianArd's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

The cheapest casein protein on the market what else can you ask for. The new cinnamon bun flavor is amazing. Just on major issue is that this product contains soy lecithin which studies showers lowers testosterone in men and silicone dioxide. A company that prides it self on health should produce the best supplement on the market, so if they remove soy and silicone dioxide I will give it 10 but so far it's 6.

Misctake7's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Excellent casein powder! Low in calories at 140 calories and 24g protein. I tried the Cinnabun flavor and it's quite an authentic cinnabun flavor. The more liquid you add, the more mild it will make the flavor. I use a blender and blend 2 scoops with 2.5 cups of almond milk. Had no issues with clumping in the blender and that was the perfect amount of liquid to maintain a strong taste. Adding additional cinnamon will make the flavor stronger. I've cooked pancakes, oatmeal, and muffins with this protein and it's an excellent powder to cook with because it's thicker. Highly recommend for anybody looking for a quality casein protein.

Jdot5's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

The taste was awesome, it actually tasted like a cinnabun and i mixed it with water. I dont wake up hungry in the morning so it definitely does what it is suppose to do. The only thing that kept it from a 10 is because it can be very hard to mix to the point where some get stuck on the top of the roof of the shaker cup. Other than that, I would recommend to a friend

AMeyer9's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

New and updated formula removes BCAA's from amino profile, which is a big plus. Really enjoyed the new cinnamon bun flavor. It's light on flavor compared to some proteins but it's not dull at all. Under $40 for 50 servings of casein is a great deal too.