Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Casein Reviews

7.2
7.7

Lanithroe's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Most casein shakes are thick and even chalky. This shake was way smother then I thought it would be and mixed well. It was still a thick shake but it can be thinned out easily. Now as far as the flavor i experienced (cinnamon bun) I gave it a 8/10 because it tasted more like a cinnamon bun then other brands I have tried but it still tasted more like the frosting of a cinnamon bun. I was overall happy with this product and would be willing to buy again.

Macelo92's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Macelo92 did not leave a written review for this product.

Andrewrosslamb's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I look forward to this every morning. I feel like allot of people expect casein to feel heavy on them but this does not. It helps me control my appetite through out the with out feeling bloated which is nice when you are cutting. I put it in the blender with some low fat milk and 8oz of Vanilla Yogurt usually and it satisfies my sweet tooth craving, however I have also tried it with plain water and it still taste great. The price is fair so I will definitely be buying this again soon.

burgoyne17's Rating
Vanilla

I bought this powder a little while ago, and it was a waste of money. It is un-mixable. The powder is very chalky, and instantly clumps up when you start mixing it. The clumps are big, and make the shake un-edible. I have also tried blending the powder into a smoothie, and it still clumps. No matter how long you mix it for, the clumps stay. I have tried the powder quite a few times, adding more and less liquids (and more and less powder), and I just can't get it to stop clumping. I would stay away from this product from now on. The only good part is the taste.

nicolelindseyj's Rating

I use this casein before bed. It has the same ingredients as the more expensive brands at a much more reasonable price. The taste is also very good. The chocolate is my favorite!

marciebettys's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

I had been waking up hungry at 4am a lot recently. I purchased 100% Casein in hopes that it would help with the early morning hunger. I woke up feeling like not hungry. Taste isn't bad. BCAAs give it a powdery consistency. I will buy again.

This an excellent product. I use before going to bed and also after I workout, I mix with my regular protein. It keep me fill so I don't wake up hungry. It is a bit buoyant, meaning when mixing it stays on top of the liquid so I just get a spoon to stir it in then use a shaker bottle to finish mixing. It's a great value for the price that can not be best.

CavsQB15's Rating
Cookies & Cream

The product did what I've asked it to do, but it didn't happen pleasantly. The flavor tastes like those cheap value cookies with the chocolate/vanilla cookies and nasty cream inside. I can't escape that flavor! And it's very gritty. Doesn't mix as well as other brands, but it works and for the price you can't find a better deal. So it's a mixed bag of sacrifice if you're out to save a few bucks but still get the effects.

unknownsoldier1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is my go-to casein protein mainly due to its affordability. Some people will complain about its texture. To avoid that bad taste I buy a flavor that does not taste bad to have chunks floating around - cookies and cream. Chunks of "cookie" if you want to call it that, float around in the cream of the mixture. Price wins out for sure. The taste is alright. $ > taste! (EDIT) Cinnamon Bun has been tried. It is much more difficult to mix, for some odd reason. When I add the same amount of water that would always mix the cookies & cream into the same size cup that would always fit the cookies & cream with its water, it never fits or mixes. That is the only downside. Again, $>taste!

mido1010_1's Rating

pure, tasty, high mixbility

Kitty02's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This used to be my favorite casein for the past year and a half. Bodybuilding must've changed the formula, because now the protein tastes horrible. It doesn't even taste like cookies and cream. Shame on BB for changing its formula.

enogueira1's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Heres the deal, for some weird a$$ reason the cookies and cream was WONDERFUL, flavorful, and a bit "sandy" but definitely worth the money. i decided to try the vanilla, and oh how i regret it... the mixability is just non existent. id say if you are short on money, you should get it, but stay away from the vanilla. NOTE: this protein is a bit "sandy"/grainy.

I have ordered this product in the past, but this last time, it tasted nothing like vanilla, i was very disappointed with this product considering I've never had a problem in the past.

bkcnkc's Rating
Cookies & Cream

I just use at bed time. The taste is great. Price is right compared to others. I never wake up in the middle of night hungry.

Taste is fine though I could care less about taste. I want the product to build muscle not taste good. But it tastes fine. The thing is is that a serving is 36.5 grams with 25 of that being protein. So that means there's 11.5 grams of stuff that isn't protein half of that probably being sweetener which I assume is either saccharine or aspartame because there's a warning about the product containing substances known to cause cancer in the state of California. So I ordered it twice but after reading that I will not order it again.

Tastes good i would get this if I'm on a budget it's worth it.. only cinnamon bun tho it clumps in the bottom a little thats the only problem..

The taste was just awful! This the second Bodybuilding.com protein product we have purchased and the other whey protein tasted awful too.

Simple casein powder that mixes easily and tastes good. The most appealing part is the price as it is much more affordable than most of the other options, but delivers the same quality.

MrMakAttack's Rating
Cinnamon Bun

Fantastic product. Tastes amazing! Get this and enjoy a cinnamon bun without feeling guilty :)

korysatter's Rating
Chocolate

The taste was fine, but when it came to the texture this is like drinking sand. If you like chocolate sand, but this product but otherwise I would stay away.