Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Reviews

Good

ALaBatalla's Rating

I buy this at walmart because its cheap, about $17.44 per tub. I have tried the vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and chocolate peanut butter. The choc pb is the best and the vanilla is the worst. They used to have 20 g of protein per scoop but then they made their scoops bigger so I used two scoops like normal and didnt notice that my cup was almost full. I was using the strawberry and downed two scoops with about 2 ounces of milk. Now i can't even smell it or I'll gag. flavors in order from best to worse chocolate pb>chocolate>strawberry>vanilla

Sycoholic's Rating
Cookies N' Creme

Ok, so if you've watched anything bodybuilding related on YouTube you've probably heard about the amino spiking lawsuit. Bodyfortress assured me their labeling meets FDA guidelines when I contacted them recently. I've also heard there was a change in either product or labeling, but either way, I really like this protein. I do like the taste. Sure, it's not Syntha-6, but for the price you can't complain. Cookies and Cream and Peanut Butter Chocolate are my favorites. I'm actually sitting here staring at a jug of Banana Creme. I've never seen this one before and had to try it. Even if it's spiked, the estimates were similar to other products in total protein, then you add in the extra amino's, taurine, creatine, and glutamine..... you then have an excellent post workout protein. I've not heard anybody complain about not getting gains on this. I actually seem less sore than when taking other brands of protein. I mix it with water and it's just fine, but milk of course is always better.... as with any protein. I've never smelled anything 'off' about these, as I enjoy the scents. They smell like they should. Hey, if you're strapped for cash, this fits the bill. Tell all the haters to shut up or buy you your protein then.

cobo3's Rating
Strawberry

cobo3 did not leave a written review for this product.

zakcox's Rating
Vanilla

I love this Whey Powder. I blend it with chocolate milk and it is delicious. Great recovery blend for post workout.

ruthless4me's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

I got this at wally world as I was needing some whey and I like to get a good bargain. All in all, it's ok as it mixes well and it contains BCAA's so you are getting all you need for good recovery. However, the after taste is what makes it only a "good" product instead of an excellent one. The after taste stays in my mouth for well after I have finished the shake and into the night. I read one other review that said it had a "chemical" after taste but, I would not say it's "chemical", However, I'm not 100% sure exactly what it is. Whatever it is, I don't like it. Once my supply is gone, I will NOT be buying this again.

texasfighter's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Body Fortress is a good penny saver and it's at wal-mart so it'll save you an extra trip to overpriced GNC. I like to buy the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor to change my pace wen I get tired of my usual brand and flavor or when I'm broke. Although the brand I use normally is a great priced protein powder, Add some Peanut Butter and it tastes amazing.

ndarc34's Rating

I weighed 115 when i started lifting for my second year of football and ive been taking this for the last 6 months of lifting. I have gained 35 lbs and and added tons of weight to all my lifts this product is inexpensive which helps being a high school student who cant afford expensive protein and you can get it conveniently at walmart. great product!

n3m7's Rating
Strawberry

n3m7 did not leave a written review for this product.

Steron99's Rating

Been using this brand since I resumed bodybuilding and am pleased with the results,And yes,I get it at Walmart,i'm not a fan of these overpriced supplement stores,if Walmart is making a profit,what must the other places make ?!

Started working out in september. bought my stuff at walmart it tastes good and I am seeing results.

UN4SEEN's Rating
Strawberry

I bought this at my local Walmart when I first started working out didn't want to buy expensive GNC stuff until I made sure that I liked working out and stuck with doing it, this product wasn't bad especially considering the price but now that I've been working out for a while and really enjoy it i am going to try something a little more expensive and hope it tastes a little better and see if I get any better gains. I usually would mix with water it was kind of hard to get use to the taste I mixed with milk a few times it really wasn't to bad that way

Rescueswmr79's Rating

Rescueswmr79 did not leave a written review for this product.

jimkimajcj's Rating
Chocolate

This will be a down and dirty review. Bought this at Walmart at 5AM only because I was out and they were all that was open. To start off, as soon as I removed the seal under the lid I was hit by a strong chemical smell. I hoped it was just the packaging, but that was not the case. The only good thing I can say is it mixes well. Even after mixing, the chemical smell remains. The taste also has a chemical aftertaste. I have yet to taste the chocolate because of this. I will force myself to use this until payday, but after that it's GNC Amped or Dymatize. I wouldn't recommened it to an enemy.

I have been using this for a few months and have made major gains! I'm a college student so the fact that it is inexpensive works with my budget. It tastes pretty good, mixes well, and goes with some of my recipes like pancakes. A tip though, be sure to get your cardio in so you don't gain any unnecessary weight. I drink it during and right after my workout and I love it.

BigRich21209's Rating
Strawberry

I had a coupon for $2 off at walmart so i bought this. At $15, it exceeded my expectations. Cheap protein always gets a bad wrap (for good reason) but this one did not taste bad at all. Mixes extremely well, just as good as ON. I hate any chocolate or vanilla flavor protein but i love strawberry for any protein flavor. This one tastes like strawberry yogurt. The only downside is that you need 3 scoops to get the macros it endorses. When you use 3 scoops it gets very thick and makes it too much for 1 1/2 cups of water. But 1 or 2 scoops is always great tasting. just not as good macros. I would definitely buy this again but i like the macros in six star better if your looking into the cheap proteins. Overall tastes great (considering how other "great tasting" proteins taste), mixes exceptionally well, provides an ample amount of creatine which is a big plus. 8\10 only because of the whole 3 scoops thing.

shanefreel1's Rating
Chocolate

I enjoyed the flavor but without the blender it was very chunky. I like it mixed with milk but did not like it with water. overall i think it is not very good

Baylorballs's Rating
Chocolate

I'm new to Whey Powders, but i've now tried out a few different brands. They mix MUCH better than this brand. It clumps badly compared to Six Star that i recently got. Now i don't make Protein shakes in blender, just mix w/ spoon or better yet put in water bottle and just shake it up. Body Fort. does not mix well this way, where others do pretty well. Chocolate flavor was pretty tasty , expecially with milk. But the strawberry is ROUGH w/ water. ok w/ milk but not recommended.

n321502's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Its protein and will work. If you run out of protein you can pretty much pick up a tub of this anywhere. If your going to order protein I would look at other brands that bodybuilding.com offers because the nutritional facts on this one is about average for a protein that tastes great but this protein isnt as enjoyable as the other options they have. The only positives about this is it has a acceptable amount of protein and blends up in a shaker cup decently.

TheAn5wer's Rating

Not a great protein but is good for someone looking for convenience and price. Taste is sub par on nearly all of the flavors. I occasionally buy this protein from Walmart whenever I am running low and just need something to get me through the week but I don't think I'll ever go out of my way to pick this product over any other protein on the market.

MelissaLauren's Rating
Vanilla

You really can not beat the price of this low carb, low sugar protein power. The consistency is different, and seems crystal-like and very artificial but it is easy to mix. I am also surprised at the quality of taste. I have a major sweet tooth and this protein powder maybe too sweet for some, but I thoroughly enjoy it. My only concern is that this is not truly 30g of quality protein per serving, and I have heard that this particular brand may be amino spiked. Regardless, it has helped me build lean muscle mass on a budget and seems to be well worth it, especially against pricier protein powders. The lower sodium content (95mg) is an added bonus!