BSN Syntha-6 Reviews

Orange Smoothie
Strawberry Milkshake
Chocolate Mint
9.6
Cinnamon Bun - Exclusive!
Mochaccino
9.6
Banana
Chocolate Cake Batter
1-20 of 3,119 Reviews

4thRangerBN's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

This is by far the best protein recovery powder I've used. Due to it's cost sometimes I'll buy a cheaper product and during that time I can really tell the difference that I'm not taking Syntha-6. Best product I've had the experience of using. Rate a 10!

Term04's Rating
Chocolate Mint
Mochaccino

I am a long time ON Gold Standard user and this is my first time straying aside from occasional sample packs. Reason being my supplement budget is kinda tight currently and the deal I got was pretty good. One thing I remember a lot of people who use BSN Syntha-6 saying is that the taste is amazing. I agree, the taste is awesome! Chocolate Mint and Mochaccino are very good. Mixes well in a shaker with Almond milk quickly and is a bit thicker which I like. I know the one constant complaint about this product is the higher cals, cholesterol, fat and carb and a bit lower protein content. But it is well worth the trade off if you can fit it in. At the moment I am in the beginning stages of a reverse diet and this fits in perfectly. The profile is not too bad and has great +Fiber which you don't find too often. Think this will be my go-to while Reverse / Bulking for sure.

danielmoo's Rating
Cookies & Cream

Syntha-6 gets some hate because of the nutrient profile. In terms of cutting, or a caloric deficit, the macros aren't perfect. This is a well-known fact, and I can understand the reasoning. Too many carbs, not enough protein per scoop, a bit of fat, etc. In terms of BULKING, or a caloric surplus, I think it is a solid protein. 200 calories per rounded scoop, a bit of carbs, a bit of pretty healthy fats, plenty of protein if multiple scoops/shakes are taken. To summarize; BSN Syntha-6 is great in one realm of bodybuilding, and not so optimal in another.

jakeadew's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

While the flavor is excellent, the protein content (<50%) and the 190 calories per serving makes this a protein that I wouldnt pay a premium price for again.

Jstride's Rating

I've been using muscle pharm combat powder for awhile, but I saw a buy one get one 50% on the 2.91 lbs of syntha 6 and thought I'd give it a shot. Though high in sugar the protein taste very well. The price is a bit high but what protein isn't somewhat expensive? The chocolate chip Cookie dough has a bit more sugar than I'd like per scoop but I love the taste. I'm a fan of using the peanut butter cookie for mixing in my oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and chocolate chips. The vanilla ice cream is pretty good but has a off after taste that is easy to over look. The chocolate mint is very smooth and taste like hot chocolate with a few of those mints from Olive Garden melted in. I love these flavors though. Very constant

adamneupert90's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

when i first started working out i was drinking muscle milk, and wasnt really seeing any results, and with a bunch of research, and recommendations came upon syntha 6, bought it and like it really well, i can tell a difference in muscle mass compared to drinking muscle milk and the taste is amazing even with just mixing it with water

jason383's Rating

Its great having a protein that is so well rounded. Not only do you get a great blend and variety of different proteins but with two scoops you are getting 10 grams of fiber, 12 grams of fat, and 30 grams of carbs. I think too many people still try to make improvements by zeroing out their carbs and also think fat is bad. Love the fiber content as well since we all need this with high protein diets for proper absorption. BSN has the best peanut butter tastes as I get excited to have a chocolate PB shake and want to try the peanut butter cookie. Was hoping the chocolate cake batter would have a little more flavor, good but a little flat. The Cinnamon Bun was truly unique and really good. Always took it first thing in the AM.

mcRoyals's Rating

mcRoyals did not leave a written review for this product.

5tarhero's Rating

Syntha-6 is an amazing meal replacement. When I need the extra calories but do not want to take a mass protein I go with this. Great tasting and great sourse of protein.

lewis6590's Rating
Peanut Butter Cookie

I've been using ON Gold for quite a long time and decided to try Syntha-6 when it went on a pretty good sale here. I can say that this protein just objectively tastes better than ON. ON isn't BAD, it's just... tolerable. This actually tastes great. I've started mixing my old protein powder with the vanilla syntha-6 just so I can get rid of it! I was a little disappointed to find out it's got more carbs and fat in than ON (no doubt that's why it actually tastes good) but IMO 80 calories per scoop extra is not a bad tradeoff at all. Same thing with the price difference - it's worth the small difference to actually look forward to enjoying a tasty shake instead of a nauseating one.

alessandrotrey's Rating
Chocolate Milkshake

alessandrotrey did not leave a written review for this product.

yewrdadie's Rating

yewrdadie did not leave a written review for this product.

tennisnh86's Rating
Cinnamon Bun - Exclusive!

So like most everyone I have been on gold standard for years. Recently I have been more dedicated to a weight lifting regimen and have been trying new products out. I bought Syntha-6 exclusively to act as a morning meal replacement. This product contains higher levels of fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates and fiber compared to other proteins like gold standard. The result of the fiber and the fat does not detract from the product, it is done intentionally to leave the user feeling more full after drinking. Hence why I was trying it as a meal replacement. This protein powder is also a hybrid containing 50% whey and 50% milk protein isolate. Milk protein isolate takes longer for the body to absorb and is a more expensive/higher quality product. Whey on the other hand is absorbed immediately by the body. So this protein unlike gold standard is meant to both work fast and long, compared to standard whey. I found that this product does not come out mixed thicker than gold standard and does not leave me feeling any more full. Tastes great though. Though it has some more expensive products like milk isolate, to me this just does not justify the price. The cost of Syntha-6 is just less then double the cost of gold standard per serving. I do not feel as though Syntha-6 gives you twice the results or value for the money. I am unsure if I will continue to buy.

goodrj27's Rating
Cookies & Cream

This is a really helpful product for athletes. I have been training for the past couple of months and it has been helping me gain some size.

wetjesse's Rating

wetjesse did not leave a written review for this product.

prometh's Rating

Excellent products. Banana -- amazing! Chocolate Milkshake -- too rich for my taste... prefer something more like chocolate milk Cookies & Cream -- not bad, and while pretty similar to vanilla ice cream, vanilla ice cream is better Mochaccino -- tastes like chocolate milkshake only a tiny bit nastier Vanilla Ice Cream -- amazing!

sonicglitch13's Rating
Chocolate Peanut Butter

sonicglitch13 did not leave a written review for this product.

Wolfpackerbdp84's Rating
Vanilla Ice Cream

Good product that tasted awesome and mixed very well! Got a great deal on a Buy 2 Get 1 Free and thought I would try it. Didn't disappoint, but probably wouldn't spend the money without the deal.

dudasleal's Rating

dudasleal did not leave a written review for this product.

Juggertha's Rating

Great taste, and mixes well with both milk and water. Watch the macros though!

1-20 of 3,119 Reviews