Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Powder Reviews

Goji & Acai
6.8

LaurenAbraham's Rating
GOJI & ACAI

Yet another great product I use to give my smoothies an extra kick! Great way to get those healthy greens incorporated into your diet :)

jakeferwerda's Rating
Chocolate

I wish I could actually review the product, but I could not get past the taste. This is the worst supplement taste I have ever had. Don't waste your money.

stoddarddavid9's Rating

Pretty good stuff so far. I just started using it and I noticed that it "cleans you out" a bit more than usual. I usually mix with my morning shake and evening shake. I doubt I could stomach the smell right after a workout.

davecole05's Rating

Amazing Grass is a great product! As of yet, I have been using this product for approximately 2 weeks. As the other reviews state, the taste is not the best, but I prefer supplements that are not chalked full of sugars/sweeteners just for taste sake. I am a picky eater and have a weak stomach, yet I can slam down the original flavor with no issue. As for price, there is no possible way (or desire) that I would be able to supplement my diet with the greens that this supplement provides from the grocery store or farmers market for the price or convenience. One scoop in the morning, is a great way to get a head start on getting my required nutrients and dietary balance. Within two weeks, my dry skin has cleared up and I have noticed a significant change in my overall feeling (placebo, maybe?) but whatever it is, I'll take it! I mix the original flavor with approximately 4-6 oz. of cold water, stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes, then stir and slam. Done and done. It appears to mix well enough and for the after taste, swig some coffee or orange juice. It's also a great way to counter the effects of protein shakes ... keeps you regular.

brodywc97's Rating
Chocolate

brodywc97 did not leave a written review for this product.

xtineanne's Rating
Chocolate

Amazing Grass Green SuperFood powders are hands down my fave greens on the market! I incorporate greens on a daily basis to give my body an extra boost, cleanse the blood and continuously detox the system. They are a great way to wake up your digestion first thing in the morning! Greens are earthy in taste, but the flavors from Amazing Grass are by far the best - chocolate hands down is #1! Pineapple a close 2nd place. The price is also incredibly reasonable for the quality compared to other products.

allin00's Rating

allin00 did not leave a written review for this product.

SeenChong's Rating
Original

Decent profile despite gritty, unappetizing taste. Better off mixing with a fruit smoothie to mask the harshness or hold your nose and chug on its own. Switching to Oximega Greens in hopes of a better tasting product and better overall formula once this runs out.

AlexKladder's Rating
GOJI & ACAI

This is an awesome product! I've tried others and have had better, for sure... But this works great and for a greens drink, the price is amazing. Has everything you need (including pre and pro-biotics) and I always feel great after taking it!

Makeupqueen88's Rating
GOJI & ACAI

Taste is pretty good and I love the benefits of acai and greens.

otakutie's Rating
Chocolate

SUMMARY: Compared to Amazing Grass' Wheat Grass, this doesn't have the same detoxing effect at all; however, the nutritional profile is more well-rounded. I'm not sure that i love the product enough to repurchase given that I can get the same or similar nutritional profile plus detox benefits from vitamins + Wheat Grass or from pill supplement/vitamin alone (depending on the brand of the multivitamin), but it's a nice change of pace from my usual supplementation mix. TASTE: slightly chalky, thin choco taste but decent enough that I can drink it mixed with water. Sometimes I do add some stevia if I'm craving something sweet-tasting. MIXABILITY: dissolves decently in cold and dissolves better the warmer the water/liquid is (although the warmer the water, the more you destroy the enzymes)... CONS: As someone else mentioned, the Vitamin A content is quite high so if you take a MV, please exercise caution since such consistent usage esult in ODing on Vit. A... To get around this, given that Vit A is a fat soluble vitamin, I stagger when I take my MV and Amazing Grass. My MV I take with food as well as with a fish oil supplement, whereas the Amazing Grass I take late at night close to bedtime without any other supplement to minimize absorption of Vit A.

flyeaglesfly518's Rating
Original

First off, I think this stuff tastes great! Maybe I'm weird but I love the taste of two scoops mixed in with about 12oz of water. I just mix it up and slam it back. I don't see a reason to buy the "flavored" varieties when the original tastes just fine. Health benefits: it's a great way to get those vitamins and minerals found in the green stuff without actually eating the green stuff. Now, I also eat about 7-10 servings of green veggies each day besides my two servings of the Amazing Grass. Someone mentioned Vitamin A poisoning in their review. This really isn't an issue considering it takes about 25,000IU a day for an extended amount of time. Taking two/three servings of this stuff a day will only give you 10-15K IU well below a potential toxic level. 10-15k is also what's needed to actually receive all the benefits of vitamin A. Remember the RDA is a MINIMUM.

jem2043's Rating
GOJI & ACAI

The nutrient profile is excellent, but the taste is GODAWFUL...

dougy08's Rating
GOJI & ACAI

The dickweeds at amazing grass lined up their ingredient list so there's 100% daily value of vitamin a in this supp. That means if you planned on taking this 3 times a day you better think again due to vitamin a toxicity. Goji and acai flavor tastes like dirt. doesn't come anywhere close to berry flavored.

Ricksterrrrrr's Rating
Chocolate

Ricksterrrrrr did not leave a written review for this product.

mttyd's Rating
Chocolate

I believe in the nutritional benefits of this product. What I don't like is the consistency. I mix this powder (1/2 dose) in with my protein but the SuperFood powder is hard to get down sometimes. It almost seems like the mix doesn't soak up the water and what is left are these dry particles. Maybe if they ground the mix down more it would fix the problem? I'll probably buy again because overall it is a good product, just a little hard for me to swallow at times.

FsAxis92's Rating

A great greens source to help hit your phytos for the day.

MyTMouse's Rating
ORAC Berry

I have to say this is one of the least palatable things I've ever tasted. The texture is awful. Very grainy, which maybe is to be expected with this kind of product. The aftertaste is pretty bad as well. I took it just one time, and threw the rest away. I would never recommend it.

angeloesquivel's Rating

Excellent product!!

christensenjeff@hotmail.com's Rating
ENERGY Lemon Lime

In terms of veggie/wheat grass supplements this is the absolute best tasting I have taken (Lemon/lime). This stuff is perfect for my frequent work travel when quite frankly I don't eat as cleanly as I should. At least it helps get my vegetable servings in. At home I drink a modified "Joe Rogan Kale Shake". This helps me bring something similar on the road. While digestive health was not my #1 catalyst to purchasing this product it is certainly an added benefit. You will become a clock when taking Amazing Grass. :)